Thu. 10/21 vs. Warriors - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:39 pm

odom is strug-ga-ling.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby Supastas on Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:42 pm

LukeWalton wrote:the man i wanted trade Cook can shoot. Ugly but it goes in. Nice to have a 4 who can hit the 3. Other than him and Kobe no1 has shown up offensively. Kobe scored 30+ and the team still loses in the preason??wtf im not impressed

Kobe scored so much bringing the team back into it. They were down 10+ and the Warriors kept hitting shots to stop runs. Nobody could get it going, so Kobe started making plays to get them back in. It's not gonna be a coincidence at all. Kobe will score a lot in close games, wins or losses, trying to carry the team especially when the offense is stagnant.

It's not like he was overdoing it and the other guys were on, but he was ball hogging. He was scoring because it was needed.
Supastas

Postby Furious D on Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:01 pm

Some Staples Center debut. Nobody showed up to play. Very dissapointing game. Kobe should've dunked the ball towards the end.
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby Crono0801 on Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:05 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:odom is strug-ga-ling.

i know :bang: :bang: :bang:
RIP Daniel RIP Ana RIP Tom

The Greatest Game of All time
Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby TalkieWalkie on Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:21 am

Kobe WAS NOT ball hogging...this was a well balanced game for him...and the fact that he turned up his offensive output towards the end is because THATS HIS TIME...the 4th...

I think everyone will agree with me that if Kobe didn't take matters into his own hands in the 4th quarter, the Lakers would not have forced overtime...

The problem is Odom...he didn't even look to do anything in that 4th quarter and overtime...didn't demand the ball...didn't even try to asert himself...Kobe and Cooke were the only scorers out there today...

BUT if the Lakers are hanging this tough now...I can't wait till Lamar shows up and actually puts up numbers...we will be solid
If on the morrow of the revolution, the masses of the people have only phrases at their service, if they do not recognize, by clear and blinding facts, that the situation has been transformed to their advantage, if the overthrow ends only in a change of persons and forumlae, nothing will have been acheived. -Peter Kropotkin
TalkieWalkie

Postby SocalFan14 on Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:49 am

Anyone Know what happened to Caron Butler tonight?? He looked so good the game before but tonights game he was afraid to shoot the ball and no one would pass the ball to him.

:man5:
SocalFan14

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:55 am

wow. their game is finally broadcasted on a channel other than KCAL and NBA TV and they lose!! bummer. i know itz just preseason but i absolutely hate seeing them lose :man5:

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:07 am

HIGHLIGHT OF THE NIGHT:

LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Furious D on Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:10 am

^Hell Yeah! :jam2: :jam2: :bow: :bow:
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:23 am

Oh, yeah! :man9:
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby Real Deal on Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:34 am

My big hands aren't only for palming basketballs...

*grabs Laker girl booty* :man10:
Real Deal

Postby pimpachu2001 on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:19 am

On a serious note...

Did any one notice how Brian Cook set screens??? just terrible....
Kobe would try to free himself for shots towards the end of the 4th and the OT, but Brian just wouldn't (or couldn't) set screens properley!

Damn, if Malone would've been playing, those damn screens would've been rock solid.
pimpachu2001

Postby leftymo on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:41 am

Yeah, Meyers & Thompson wouldn't shadddup about it!

They kept mentioning how bad Cook's screens were.

And then ridiculed how many shots he's taken (when he only had 4).

But when is Lamar Odom going to start playing for us?
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby UCLAbadfish on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:43 am

pimpachu2001 wrote:On a serious note...

Did any one notice how Brian Cook set screens??? just terrible....
Kobe would try to free himself for shots towards the end of the 4th and the OT, but Brian just wouldn't (or couldn't) set screens properley!

Damn, if Malone would've been playing, those damn screens would've been rock solid.

Yeah I definitely noticed those. They were some of the weakest screens I've seen.
UCLAbadfish

Postby leftymo on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:53 am

Very interesting game. I wouldn't classify this as a kobe-hog game, but he did take 26 shots, and brought them back into the game.

As is the case with young players, a lack of consistency. So there will be times this year where the team fails to show up, and Kobe has to carry them.

Another thing I noticed, and its just the preseason, but with a young team, expect stupid mistakes. This team is rather stupid, and will make bumbling late game mistakes. Maybe the vets will have to see more time in crunch time. Atkins, Malone, Grant, Vlade, etc...

Lamar Odom hasn't cracked 10 points yet, and has taken at least 10 shots in 3 of these games. That's disturbing. And as a PF he hasn't gotten more than 8 rebounds either. Another disturbing fact.

Our backup PG's all didn't have good games. They went a combined a combined 0-10 with 1 point and 6 assists and 4 turnovers in 44 minutes.

Mihm grabbing 13 rebounds was excellent. We'll need SOMEBODY to do that, and this was the first game in which a Laker got at least 10 rebs. Props to Mihm.

And finally, you can always tell a team is lazy or not giving effort by the stat sheet sometimes. They played basically one quarter of solid defense (GS had 75 thru 3 quarters). The early foul trouble means instead of moving their feet they were reaching. And lastly, the Lakers jacked up 28 three pointers yesterday.

That's the ultimate lazy stat... Nobody wanted to pound inside. LA isn't Dallas, they aren't going to win many games taking 28 three pointers. The knock on this team is that they have no front court. If they put up performances like this I can see why. I know there's no shaq, but that doesn't mean you don't work inside out.
leftymo

Postby leftymo on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:56 am

and lastly... Kobe had 7 turnovers. His 7 assists were nice, but not 7 turnovers.

:disagree:
leftymo

Postby shaqmvp32 on Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:13 am

Like I said many times before, without shaq, kobe is no clutch any more.
shaqmvp32

Postby Real Deal on Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:13 am

shaqmvp32 wrote:Like I said many times before, without shaq, kobe is no clutch any more.

Without who?
Real Deal

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:10 am

shaqmvp32 wrote:Like I said many times before, without shaq, kobe is no clutch any more.

No it's the other way around, without Kobe, Shaq has no clutch anymore.

Without Kobe's clutch shots in the past, Shaq wouldn't have been able to get three championships. Don't single one out, they were an equal talent in my book.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby shoe on Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:21 am

Its preseason..... :man4:
shoe

Postby GuRu on Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:21 pm

yeah that makes sense.....clutch isnt something you acquire or benefit from due to another player......sorry about your ban..... :man10:
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:46 pm

so ur saying in portland last season he made clutch cuz shaqs ther eon the bench? :man7:
Karl11-Caron1

Previous

Return to Lakers Game Tonight