Thur. 10/16 vs. Cavs - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby o0O kb8 O0o on Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:22 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:• Malone & Payton have GREAT chemistry

they look like theyve been playing together for a long time...another good thing is all these yung players see the older guys playin hard...it rubs off...i love seeing malone all pumped up after a dunk, givin high fives to evryone...i cant wait for the season
o0O kb8 O0o

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:26 pm

Payton is the truest defenition of "point guard" you will find. He takes over unbelievably and controls the tempo. And the odd thing is, he's more about fast break then the Laker's trademark slow it down/run offense game.

This is going to be one hell of a season guys.

ShOwTiMe iS BaCk
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby o0O kb8 O0o on Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:29 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:yes...a great way to describe it...Cavs have really screwed up Miles...now that guy's obsessed with taking three pointers and getting assists...

and also...what the hell is paul silas thinkin putin miles as the point guard..i mean i noe its preseason and u experiment...but please...d.miles at the point...i mean...lebron at point is understandable...but miles...u gota be kidin me
o0O kb8 O0o

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:33 pm

I think LeBron James is ahead of his age... Most definetly. However, like every other rookie and player in the leauge, he will develop with time. There's no way he'll live up to the hype, but he'll live it up a little bit. This kid is simply amazing for his age. Give him time and he'll def. prove to be something special.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:55 pm

Yes....LD2K is totally right about the kid....we all shouldn't playa hate and I'm happy that he just doesn't want to try and score all the time...he has beautiful passing ability and great court awareness. This kid is closer to Magic then he is to Michael.

Moving on....I see Cleveland having a great season. They have all the pieces...their bench kinda drops off, but their starting five is golden and will cause matchup problems due to their height.

Now my favorite part...discussing the Lakers.....for all you biting your nails and trying to think of "what if?" posts...save yourself the time and energy. This team is for real. Shaq is notorious for missing preseason games and you know alot of the veterans want to do away with it. Kobe is instead taking the time to condition so he can start the season okay. I will not be concerned one second if Shaq and Kobe don't play in the preseason, as long as they make it on the court come Oct. 28th.

Malone displayed his frustration yesterday, but deep down he even understands that Shaq and Kobe will be ready. These guys are all vets and have tremendous basketball ability...they will mesh instantly and will know how to play with each other....so everybody needs to chill out...We will be just fine.

Now Malone and Payton were absolutely marvelous this game...especially Malone. I am so impressed with this guy and he's 40....seriously does he even look it. He is an unbelievable passer and I feel him and Shaq will have an even better high post game with each other than Duncan and Robinson had. He had to have made Magic proud with the dimes he was handin out tonight. Gary controlled the flow of the game very well and earlier it seemed like he was forcing those passes, but later he had full control of that game. He almost always looks to run it and we had so many easy buckets off that. Finally we have a running game. These two had great chemistry and it is going to be so beautiful when the dynamic duo get back to playing with the new-old guys.

Now we will have to just wait and watch how they do tonight and then on Sunday. That will mean that they will play 3 games in 4 nights. This will truly show just how much Malone and Payton's age will affect the play of the Lakers in the tail end of back-to-back games. What gave Malone and Payton that extra fire tonight, was no doubt the aura of Staples Center and the LA fans. They greated them with open arms and I was truly begging Phil to take Malone and Payton out int he final seconds so that they can get love from the fans...but for some reason he left in Payton.

The role players were great too and it felt good to see that the fans have already dubbed the next Mad Dog....LUUUUUUUUUUKE...he will be our next energetic wihite boy, and this white boy actually has way better game than Mad Dog. The energy will be hard to match...but the kid is very promising to the Lakers already. With the play I saw today....I'm almost positive that Russell and Sampson will make the final cuts. Pelle didnt even get in and Udoka had like 5 minutes probably. The Laker staff is probably debating from Chenowith or Sampson.....Chenowith had a pretty good game...but he is so foul prone and if Shaq is ever in foul trouble we need a center that can hold his own without fouling so damn much. I pick Sampson over Chenowith any day. Malone also played well at center in limited minutes.

So I guess thats all I have to say tonight....great game and I was very happy with what I saw.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby ITS JOEY on Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:20 pm

i like malone and payton's energy tonight, they were having a lot of fun on the court. malone flexing his biceps after getting fouled and the energy after dunk. man..i'm excited! i'm surprised with luke's play too..very very impressive. oh and TNT's commercial with Shaq..awesome! :jam2:
ITS JOEY

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:32 am

I feel kinda bad for Bron... He doesn't have inside game.. All he settled for was jumpshots... But he's still young, so it's all good. Remember Kobe at the tender age of 18? It's sad that people are dissin him and what not, but I can expect that. He was over hyped, so that will make him look more worse than if he wasn't over hyped. Well he isn't over rated yet, because no one is praising him all that much in the media after he played a few games. I can't believe he took that 3 and airballed it... Reminded me of Kobe.... Dayam... HS 3's are shorter than NBA 3's...

All and all the Lakers played a great game. We had our little inconsistancies from time to time, but we rallied as a team to win, without Kobe nor Shaq.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby SWOL on Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:11 am

It's sad that people are dissin him and what not, but I can expect that

HE'LL BE OK AND THAT WILL ONLY MAKE HIM A STRONGER PLAYER, GIVE HIM TIME, HE BE AN ELITE PLAYER
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday