Thur. 1/12 vs. Cavs - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby X-tacy(ScArab) on Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:00 am

Did anyone else almost have a heart attack when Kobe took that game winner???

HOLY CRAP
X-tacy(ScArab)

Postby nameant on Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:29 am

X-tacy(ScArab) wrote:Did anyone else almost have a heart attack when Kobe took that game winner???

HOLY CRAP

honestly, no. after he made the 1st 2...i knew that 3rd was going in. but i was nervous with the 1st 2. :mhihi:
nameant

Postby borri on Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:42 am

DMK wrote:Kobe Bryant finished with 27 points to LeBron's 28.

Kobe Bryant made sure the crowd went home happy. Bryant, outplayed by LeBron for most of the game, broke out in the final minute, carrying the Lakers past the Cavs 99-98. Final " - espn headline

Its the points, rebounds, assists and defense in the decisive, clutch moments of the game that REALLY counts. This is what differentiates really good players from GREAT players.........
borri

Postby c.Lin on Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:14 am

Just got back from the game. What a great finish. Odom really stepped up tonight along with the rest of the role players. When Kobe took at last fadeaway, I thought it was gonna be short... man, what a game. My first close game at Staples, and we came out on top by 1. Almost can't get better :jam2:
c.Lin

Postby bumrusherer on Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:15 am

CaChooka Man wrote:if only this lamar odom showed up every night

it was an honour to watch him tonight. He made some gorgeous passes to mihm.
Last edited by bumrusherer on Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
bumrusherer

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:50 am

Kobe Bryant is unreal. This guy is unbelivable. When he fails, he learns. Last night, then tonight. Unbeilevable.

Those three shots were some of the toughest contested jumpers he's taken in a while. WOW.

And Odom... that was beautiful boy. :man12:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby KB24 on Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:10 am

what was awesome
1.Lamar Odom in every facet of his game. He was exceptional and he was there in all four quarters. He was unstoppable in the paint making 9-10 shots, just missed his three point attempts. His passing was beyond awesome.

2.Kobe again delivered in the clutch like the Clippers game. Thats 2 straight very strong outings in the clutch. respect specially since yesterday he nailed the tough shot with 2 guys over him and the shot clock runned down.

3. Kwame. His defense against Gooden was solid, against Ziggy neither Kwame nor Mihm could play but Ziggy has a soft touch and can hit the fade away so its not fair to only blame our players. Ziggy had a big night

4.Defense in the second half was much more solid then in the first. We allowed Puke Jackson to hit some big threes and were sloppy in rebounding but the rest was not that bad.

5.The second consecutive time we win the second night of back-to-backs.

Negatives
1. Our transition defense is non-existent

2.There is no energy AT HOME. I want to see emotions, aggressiveness. The game was really quiet and the crowd pretty much sucked. They didn´t even scream during the game when the Cavs were at the charity stripe. That has to change.

3. Too many stupid shots. At some point we would take 3 or 4 consecutive 3s and miss them. After halftime we took it a lot more inside and quickly burned the Cavs and the defense improved because we didn´t allow fast breaks. I can´t believe how dumb we are sometimes with the shot selection. Kobe is shooting too many threes, Lamar is shooting too many and all in all we do not feed Kwame and Mihm enaugh.

4.Since more than a month we do not force any TOs anymore. Every team we play against has about 10 TOs the last weeks. we need to get that number up quickly. Where is the pressure defense? Only reach ins from Sasha is not pressure defense.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby c.Lin on Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:17 am

KB8, I was at the game, and I agree... the crowd as Staples is a little soft. It seems like everyone waits until late in the game to start getting rowdy. Believe me, there was a lot of energy in the crowd down the stretch in the 4th. The whole section behind the backboard was up when Snow and Bron were at the line.
c.Lin

Postby MaddDogg on Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:01 pm

Check out these stats

Donyell Marshal,
2-9 shooting, 5 rebs, 2 ast, 1 TO 29 minutes, 6 points

Luke Walton
0-3 shooting, 2 reb, 5 ast, 0 TO 20 minutes, 3 points

their production is nearly identical. With luke getting less rebounds but getting more ast.

Luke is not as bad a player as you make people on this board make him out to be. I mean at least he is not travis knight.
MaddDogg

Postby lakaboy42 on Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:13 pm

was it just me or is this the first game in a long time that kobe just looked absolutely exhausted in? you could tell on that fast break where he didnt even jump and in the postgame interview
Out
Shaquille O'neal

In
Lamar Odom
Jordan Farmar
Pau Gasol
lakaboy42

Postby KB24 on Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:50 am

lakaboy42 wrote:was it just me or is this the first game in a long time that kobe just looked absolutely exhausted in? you could tell on that fast break where he didnt even jump and in the postgame interview

Kobe played 35 minutes against Philly and scored 48
Kobe played 45 minutes against the Clippers (no rest in the second half)
Kobe played 45 minutes against Indy (no rest in the second half)
Kobe played 44 minutes against the Jailblazers

and in those last 3 games he averaged 45 points and was REALLY a one man show. So you could expect he would be tired for playing his 5th game in 7 days and the second back-to-back. And guarding James isn´t the easiest thing to do either.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:41 pm

I agreet that one of our minus is crowd noise.
It's pretty quiet, but it should be more noisy.
I watched Nets @ Raptors game, where VC returned in his former court, fans booed him all the time he touched the ball and overall was pretty electrized. Same was when Joe Johnson returned to Phoenix, fans booed him everytime when he touched the ball, but not so mad as Toronto fans were...
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:11 pm

It is loud. STAPLES Center - the way it was built - sucks up all the noise to the top of the arena.

Phil has talked about it in many of his books, as well.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday