Thur. 12/16 @ Kings - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby trodgers on Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:57 pm

jsm0331 wrote:That second one was because JJ held the ball too long and didn't get it to him till it was too late.

For the record, in preseason, I was thinking that Tierre should be the starting PG. I'm now not sure who should be. I think Atkins should probably get the bulk of the minutes but give way as the season goes on. TB and SV need to get more playing time. If they're not going to play Sasha much, put him on IR.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Guest on Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:58 pm

and slava tooo.

Postby BDG on Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:59 pm

BEST LAKER GAME OF THE SEASON.

AND THE 100 PT RULE STILL HOLDS TRUE!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby hZm on Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:59 pm

:bow: Great day in Lakerland! :bow:
hZm

Postby Guest on Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:59 pm

lol...only 99 points.....we're still winless when other teams score 100 above

Postby gill on Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:59 pm

Too bad the Kings couldn't get 1 more point... or else they'll be the first team we beat despite of giving them 100 points. :man10:
gill

Postby ilikelakers on Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:00 am

Great game.
ilikelakers

Postby JSM on Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:01 am

best Laker game all year. We finally beat one of the tough to beat teams. Maybe now we will be given some credit.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby gill on Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:02 am

^^No more leftymo criticisms :man10:
gill

Postby lakerfool on Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:04 am

FASTBREAK

FASTBREAK

FASTBREAK

Man, that was some exciting basketball...and an extremely efficient game from Kobe

All of a sudden, the MJ comparisons were coming back from the commentators :man10:
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:07 am

Amazing game. This is what they need to look on in terms of a bar or level of potential. This could change the mood all season, the night after Kobe gets drilled by ESPN with every question possible, he goes out and shows his trust in teamates like this... wow!

Amazing game, amazing win... 22 games in people, we're young, athletic, and ready to roll.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby JSM on Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:09 am

Laker Stats

Kobe-31 points, 12 assists (season high), 6 rebounds, 2 steals, 2 blocks, 10-17 from the field
Odom-22 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block
Tierre-15 points (season high), 4 assists, 6-9 from the field
Cook-12 points, 7 rebounds
Atkins-11 points, 5 assists, 2 rebounds, 2 steals
Mihm-8 points, 8 rebounds, 1 assist
Caron-8 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist
JJ-8 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist
Vlade-2 rebounds
Slava-1 rebound
Sasha-3 minutes of play
Luke-3 minutes of play
JSM

Postby Cleansed on Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:10 am

Fox Sports Power Ranking has us at 10 (up one) some what praising Kobe. We should get a bump if we beat Miami after this win vs. Sac.

This is an exciting month of Laker Basketball.
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
You do not see things as they are, you see things as you are.
Cleansed

Postby dynasty4kobe on Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:12 am

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Amazing game. This is what they need to look on in terms of a bar or level of potential. This could change the mood all season, the night after Kobe gets drilled by ESPN with every question possible, he goes out and shows his trust in teamates like this... wow!

Amazing game, amazing win... 22 games in people, we're young, athletic, and ready to roll.

So, is this gonna be an add on to the LA/Sac-town Rivalry video? :man1:

"Then when we do get back on top, [bandwagoners] are going to want to jump back on and we're going to tell them there's no more room."
-Kobe Bryant, March 28, 2005, 32-37

"I Survived 2005" Club
dynasty4kobe, DarthRekal, In The Key
dynasty4kobe

Postby Peja vu on Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:17 am

Why does God hate me? Why must I be tortured? Of all the teams in the league, it has to be the Lakers that blows us out at home.

That made me sick.

Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. The Kings just don't match up very well with the Lakers.
"No single aspect of basketball does more to develop good team play than passing, and conversely nothing destroys a team faster than a shooter who never passes." - Pete Carril
Peja vu

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:17 am

dynasty4kobe wrote:
Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Amazing game. This is what they need to look on in terms of a bar or level of potential. This could change the mood all season, the night after Kobe gets drilled by ESPN with every question possible, he goes out and shows his trust in teamates like this... wow!

So, is this gonna be an add on to the LA/Sac-town Rivalry video? :man1:

Possibly... in the future. But you'll see these highlights soon in a video; I promise you that.

:man12:
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:19 am

IT FEELS GOOD 2 KILL A QUEENS FAN WEEKEND AHEM TOTAL DOMINATION BY ODOM N KOBE
PurpleNGold1

Postby JSM on Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:21 am

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Possibly... in the future. But you'll see these highlights soon in a video; I promise you that.

:man12:

How about a Tierre video, that's all we need :man9:
JSM

Postby Real Deal on Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:24 am

I'm inviting anyone to come in here and seriously tell me that Kobe is selfish or that he has no leadership.

Incredible game by the Lakeshow. FINALLY...guys stepping up...and how many times have I said that Kobe is not to blame? When our guys start hitting shots, moving off the ball (which was great, by the way), and running smooth transitions...we are amazing.

Is this the night the Lakers turn themselves around??? Please, please let it be.
Real Deal

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:24 am

realdealbneal wrote:I'm inviting anyone to come in here and seriously tell me that Kobe is selfish or that he has no leadership.

Incredible game by the Lakeshow. FINALLY...guys stepping up...and how many times have I said that Kobe is not to blame? When our guys start hitting shots, moving off the ball (which was great, by the way), and running smooth transitions...we are amazing.

Is this the night the Lakers turn themselves around??? Please, please let it be.

I believe it is...
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Peja vu on Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:30 am

realdealbneal wrote:Is this the night the Lakers turn themselves around??? Please, please let it be.

Not so fast my friend. These are not the J-Will days. The Kings match up terribly with teams like the Lakers. And as the Czar would say: basketball is all about matchups. Lamar Odom won't have the luxury of playing against Chris Webber every game.
"No single aspect of basketball does more to develop good team play than passing, and conversely nothing destroys a team faster than a shooter who never passes." - Pete Carril
Peja vu

Postby dynasty4kobe on Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:33 am

Peja vu wrote:
realdealbneal wrote:Is this the night the Lakers turn themselves around??? Please, please let it be.

Not so fast my friend. These are not the J-Will days. The Kings match up terribly with teams like the Lakers. And as the Czar would say: basketball is all about matchups. Lamar Odom won't have the luxury of playing against Chris Webber every game.

He won't play against Webber every night, but I don't see Jared Jeffries, PJ Brown, Pau Gasol, or Udonis Haslem having much sucess against LO either.

"Then when we do get back on top, [bandwagoners] are going to want to jump back on and we're going to tell them there's no more room."
-Kobe Bryant, March 28, 2005, 32-37

"I Survived 2005" Club
dynasty4kobe, DarthRekal, In The Key
dynasty4kobe

Postby shoe on Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:36 am

Wow :man4:

Best game of the season, but I missed the first quarter :bang:
shoe

Postby Real Deal on Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:45 am

Peja vu wrote:

I didn't see Odom stopping Webber on defense though. This game was all about teamwork. Teamwork on offense, teamwork on defense...transition, leadership, emotion...the Lakers found themselves on the right track, and I think with this win, we'll kick it into overdrive and start winning again.

Confidence is one helluva factor. When you believe in yourself and your teammates (and I'm directing this towards every jersey), then you win.
Real Deal

Postby Peja vu on Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:51 am

Maybe this will be the wakeup call the Kings need. They played complacent, had no attitude, didn't play aggresive, had no urgency, played down to the level of the competition-AGAIN. Basically the same frustrations in Sac. The only positive that came out of this is that C-Webb and company get to take their anger out on the visiting Hornets on Sunday.
Peja vu

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday