Thur. 4/6- Lakers @ Nuggets- Results inside

Postby DamianMarleyLA on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:28 pm

Man, now that ive thought about it,

we lost the game cuz Francisco Elson or whatever his name is scored over 20 points
DamianMarleyLA

Postby nameant on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:28 pm

okay wrote:See the first time we played the Nuggets, Melo would have missed that shot. He did actually. Just with a few more seconds on the clock.

He has evolved into something truly great. They have a closer, something they have desperately needed. He's the only guy on that team who can create his own shot.

closers dont go scoreless in the 4th quarter. he's just lucky enough to have a supporting cast that can play basketball without him having to hold their hand. I'll give him credit, he has hit some big shots. but he doesnt have to carry a team on his back (literally) for an entire game.
nameant

Postby lakerfool on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:28 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Unlike everyone else I am not going to bash my team. Yes I am pissed off (don't know if pissed is acceptable on CL if not sorry) at the mistakes we made the whole game but we did fight back.

I am not upset that Odom took the last shot just that he had an ISO play and didn't take it to the hole.

I am not upset at Kwame for passing it to luke, he gave the ball to someone better than himself at a long range shot. I would prefer Kobe had it but when it went into play Luke made a good cut and had a great look at the shot. The ball was online just a little off target to the left. If he would have made it this board would be going crazy right now. INSTEAD he gets blasted.

Some of the calls were suspect towards the end but LA is to blame for that horid first quarter. This team showed heart to come back and play hard. With most of our guys in foul trouble we fought like a team.

Wether you like it or not we have to rely on these guys in the playoffs. Kobe and Phil knows that, maybe some of you should figure that out as well. I am pissed and I think my head is going to explode from the stress of watching these games like this but all in all it can only help a young team to face defeat like that.

-but hey thats just my opinon

Great post.. but to tell you the truth, some here are more kobe fans than laker fans..thus the constant bashing of everyone on our team as if they were our opponents :disagree:
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby DHL on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:29 pm

DIEHARDLAKER wrote:anybody notice on Lakersline
"who" calls in only if we lose
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

Postby lakerfool on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:30 pm

For the Luke blamers

12 pts, 7 boards, 6 assists

THIS IS FROM PUKE. i'm not going to blame him when he puts up a game like this. He overachieved tonight. Shot too much, but overachieved
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby nbafan on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:31 pm

lakerfool wrote:Great post.. but to tell you the truth, some here are more kobe fans than laker fans..thus the constant bashing of everyone on our team as if they were our opponents :disagree:

there has been some Kobe bashing to balance it out.
nbafan

Postby Kobe#2 on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:32 pm

I'll say it again.

We won the last three quarters of this game.

If we had not have played like crap the first quarter, it wouln't have even been close.

We lost this game in the first quarter.
Kobe#2

Postby lakerfool on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:32 pm

nbafan wrote:
lakerfool wrote:Great post.. but to tell you the truth, some here are more kobe fans than laker fans..thus the constant bashing of everyone on our team as if they were our opponents :disagree:

there has been some Kobe bashing to balance it out.

And those guys are haters here too

Kobe played a SUPERB game tonight through all the double and triple teams and great defense by Buckner
lakerfool

Postby DHL on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:33 pm

Kobe#2 wrote:I'll say it again.

If we had not have played like crap the first quarter, it wouln't have even been close.

Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

Postby Danny Ainge on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:35 pm

I need a hug :man6:
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby lakerfool on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:36 pm

NUGGETS SHOT 42% FROM THE FLOOR

WE DID A GOOD JOB ON DEFENSE

JUST COULDN'T FINISH..GREAT GAME OTHER THAN THAT
lakerfool

Postby bumrusherer on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:38 pm

Danny Ainge wrote:I need a hug :man6:

:beer: lets get drunk instead.
bumrusherer

Postby DamianMarleyLA on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:38 pm

Melo is such a good player :man6: :man6:
DamianMarleyLA

Postby nameant on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:38 pm

worst thing about this loss is that we outplayed the Nuggets for basically 3 quarters. and...now we have to go to Phoenix and play the run and gun Suns on a back to back. woohoo. we gotta win our final 5 at home. :man2:
nameant

Postby bumrusherer on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:39 pm

Kobe#2 wrote:I'll say it again.

same as the Seattle game..the only difference was that Denver are better than Seattle.
bumrusherer

Postby nameant on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:39 pm

DamianMarleyLA wrote:Melo is such a good player :man6: :man6:

0 points in the 4th quarter. he's good..but he wasnt great tonight. supporting cast stepped up. could you imagine if Kobe didnt score in the 4th quarter? blowout...
nameant

Postby okay on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:40 pm

nameant wrote:worst thing about this loss is that we outplayed the Nuggets for basically 3 quarters. and...now we have to go to Phoenix and play the run and gun Suns on a back to back. woohoo. we gotta win our final 5 at home. :man2:

If we do we'll end up with 45 wins.

3 of those are winnable.

Golden State, Portland, and NOH.

But the Clippers and Suns........Damn. I'm going to go safe. We end up with 43 wins. This team isn't good enough to get wins from the Suns or Clippers.
okay

Postby lakerfool on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:40 pm

nameant wrote:
DamianMarleyLA wrote:Melo is such a good player :man6: :man6:

0 points in the 4th quarter. he's good..but he wasnt great tonight. supporting cast stepped up. could you imagine if Kobe didnt score in the 4th quarter? blowout...
12/30 shooting for melo

we did a great job defending him
lakerfool

Postby DamianMarleyLA on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:41 pm

okay wrote:
nameant wrote:worst thing about this loss is that we outplayed the Nuggets for basically 3 quarters. and...now we have to go to Phoenix and play the run and gun Suns on a back to back. woohoo. we gotta win our final 5 at home. :man2:

If we do we'll end up with 45 wins.

3 of those are winnable.

Golden State, Portland, and NOH.

But the Clippers and Suns........Damn. I'm going to go safe. We end up with 43 wins. This team isn't good enough to get wins from the Suns or Clippers.

I think we finish with 44 wins
DamianMarleyLA

Postby bumrusherer on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:42 pm

lakerfool wrote:12/30 shooting for melo

we did a great job defending him

except for the last possesion....Just like Kobe, Melo has to be swarmed at the end of the game.
bumrusherer

Postby nameant on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:42 pm

I'll make a bold prediction and say we win 5 straight after tomorrow night. :man9: 45-37. if 45 wins with this team isnt enough for the MVP I dunno what else Kobe can do. expect to see a huge run from Kobe. another 40+ PPG streak.
nameant

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:43 pm

lakerfool wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:Unlike everyone else I am not going to bash my team. Yes I am pissed off (don't know if pissed is acceptable on CL if not sorry) at the mistakes we made the whole game but we did fight back.

I am not upset that Odom took the last shot just that he had an ISO play and didn't take it to the hole.

I am not upset at Kwame for passing it to luke, he gave the ball to someone better than himself at a long range shot. I would prefer Kobe had it but when it went into play Luke made a good cut and had a great look at the shot. The ball was online just a little off target to the left. If he would have made it this board would be going crazy right now. INSTEAD he gets blasted.

Some of the calls were suspect towards the end but LA is to blame for that horid first quarter. This team showed heart to come back and play hard. With most of our guys in foul trouble we fought like a team.

Wether you like it or not we have to rely on these guys in the playoffs. Kobe and Phil knows that, maybe some of you should figure that out as well. I am pissed and I think my head is going to explode from the stress of watching these games like this but all in all it can only help a young team to face defeat like that.

-but hey thats just my opinon

Great post.. but to tell you the truth, some here are more kobe fans than laker fans..thus the constant bashing of everyone on our team as if they were our opponents :disagree:

thanks. I am a die hard Kobe fan yet I can say if he is making some ill-advised shots or choices but more than a Kobe fan I am a DIE HARD Lakers fan. I support this team, if they suit up in the purple and gold then they get my cheers. The people that bash on here can't honestly call themselves Laker Fans IMO because you would cheer as loud as you can for your team if you were. You would never let an enemy (other teams players or fans) hear you bash your team. Maybe its the Raider Fan in me with the unwaivering support that helps me wear my jerseys even when they play like crap.

A fan should point out the mistakes and ways (intellegent) fix them but all in all focus on the positives in this team.

-but again thats just my opinion
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby okay on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:44 pm

nameant wrote:I'll make a bold prediction and say we win 5 straight after tomorrow night. :man9: 45-37. if 45 wins with this team isnt enough for the MVP I dunno what else Kobe can do. expect to see a huge run from Kobe. another 40+ PPG streak.

Kobe doesn't deserve MVP if we don't win 45. I'm a Kobe fan but I'm sorry, he doesn't deserve it if we can't win 45. These last 5 games will determine it.
okay

Postby DamianMarleyLA on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:44 pm

Maybe this is gods way of telling me that I can only have a Laker win or do good on my ochem exam tomorrow...........

sorry guys?
DamianMarleyLA

Postby lakerfool on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:44 pm

Great post again puff:bow: :bow: :bow:
lakerfool

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday