Thur. 3/10 @ Mav's - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby BuddyList on Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:52 am

CLICKCLICK wrote:lol funniest part of the game, was when kobe made that ridicilous and 1 play in the fourth, i think it was henderson. he turned around and saw the ball go in and put his hands on his head "OH MY GOD! HOW DID THAT GO IN!?!""

priceless

more like complaining on the call
BuddyList

Postby BDG on Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:04 am

We played as a TEAM tonight!

Sure we had some defensive screw-ups but we held the Mavs to 95! Not bad.

Kobe and Tierre were huge in our late game run.

Lamar had a HUGE 3rd quarter (11 pts) and a great line. 15 points, 14 rebounds and 7 assists.

Kobe's officially got his stroke back. He's been shooting the lights out since his return from injury. Tonight: 14/22 for 36 points. That's 64% shooting. :man4:

Nice to see Kobe break the FT record. The best thing was that when he finally missed, we still got the rebound and scored. :man1:

Keep it up Lakers! Let's push for the playoffs!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby dont_H8_the8 on Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:13 am

I just want to know when Kobe is going to be playing 40 points a night Kobe... anyways he did remarkable tonight. He plays well when he isn't so much pressured to be a hero, and he played it smart. In ESPN tonight it was evident that he did play smart when he told them that he kinda knew Dirk's game, making that key play where he blocked him. Smart move! Hopefully he can play like this every night
dont_H8_the8

Postby TalkieWalkie on Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:58 am

dont_H8_the8 wrote:I just want to know when Kobe is going to be playing 40 points a night Kobe... anyways he did remarkable tonight. He plays well when he isn't so much pressured to be a hero, and he played it smart. In ESPN tonight it was evident that he did play smart when he told them that he kinda knew Dirk's game, making that key play where he blocked him. Smart move! Hopefully he can play like this every night

He IS that Kobe right now... Accept in 2003 he played to get 40 per night..

Now hes playing to WIN THE GAME.
If on the morrow of the revolution, the masses of the people have only phrases at their service, if they do not recognize, by clear and blinding facts, that the situation has been transformed to their advantage, if the overthrow ends only in a change of persons and forumlae, nothing will have been acheived. -Peter Kropotkin
TalkieWalkie

Postby EQualizer on Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:00 am

they should just keep doing their thing offensively...odom facilitating more..

but the REAL thing that will ultimately determine if the lakers are going to go on a playoff run..is their defense! hopefully they can play DEFENSE, hold every team to 38% shooting like they did to the mavs
EQualizer

Postby BDG on Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:17 am

By the way, I'm not sure if I'm the only one asking this question... but...

Who the hell made CHUCKY ATKINS the spokesperson for the Lakers' defense?! :man10:

Did anyone catch that KCAL9 interview?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby mandingo on Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:48 am

Just got done watching the game on tivo, I gotta say, that was a GREAT game!!! Not just because the lakers won, but because it was just a good, exciting game!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I bleed purple and sweat gold, don't ever question that.
Play Good Call
mandingo

Postby BDG on Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:51 am

mandingo wrote:Just got done watching the game on tivo, I gotta say, that was a GREAT game!!! Not just because the lakers won, but because it was just a good, exciting game!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I assume you watched it on Tivo delay like I did :man1:

Made sure it recorded an hour extra just in case it went to 2OT :man10:

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby dont_H8_the8 on Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:08 am

He is almost getting to the point where he is 40 points a night kobe... but you need to remember THAT Kobe was on ESPN's Sportscenter all the time,... almost made the top of the list in the top 10 highlights, even put the sickest dunks when they showed highlights from another game. and also had a pretty high win percentage as well.
dont_H8_the8

Postby Josh Saviano on Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:11 am

dont_H8_the8 wrote:He is almost getting to the point where he is 40 points a night kobe... but you need to remember THAT Kobe was on ESPN's Sportscenter all the time,... almost made the top of the list in the top 10 highlights, even put the sickest dunks when they showed highlights from another game. and also had a pretty high win percentage as well.
That Kobe single-handedly carried us into the playoffs that year too.
I was on the Wonder Years. The WONDER YEARS dammit!
Josh Saviano

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:12 am

We are seeing a Kobe in the ultimate challenge. He truly is carrying his team and if he does carry them to the playoffs, and he continues to play this way, I don't see why he wouldn't be considered a legitamate MVP.

Like BDG and Walkie Talkie mentioned, Kobe is playing unreal.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby klavier84 on Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:25 am

this is from latest livejournal entry... I thought I'd share cuz it's kinda funny... sorry to waste your time if you don't find it funny hahaha

"OMG... this pisses me off...

like I'm laughing about it but it's pissing me off...

so I lied down on my bed at 6:30 PM last night...

I was watching the Laker game, and I guess I somehow closed my eyes or something...

I was in MIDDLE of watching a Lakers game, a BIG game too...

then I hear beep so I wake up... it's [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] 4 AM...

I have NEVER fell asleep before midnight since I was about 12... LET ALONE 6:30!!!!

like... OMG...

but I guess this is what happens when 2 out of the last 3 days, I stay up the ENTIRE night (I'm not kidding) writing papers for all my classes...

then I find out that the Lakers pulled out a HUGE come back win on the road...

I could've been watching that game enjoying my night, but NO... my [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] body and mind had to fall asleep without my permission...

GAAAHHHH, you would think you at least have control over YOURSELF!

$#@&^@$%&@%$&@!$%&@$!!!!

ok im going back to sleep... this is great, I'm so proud that I went to bed before midnight! WOOHOO!!! Maybe I'll make it to musicianship tomorrow without feeling like [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]!!!"

:man10:

but LAKERS WON! I could've witnessed a Laker win on the road! I mean how often dow THAT happen!? and for THAT I am disappointed :mad1:
klavier84

Postby mihmrulz on Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:54 am

Great win!Anytime the game ends w/that idiot Cuban crying is always good.Tierre actually did good!Lets put Slava to sleep.He sux.And yes Mihm did good too.2 very key blocks at the end.And unlike Grant and Slava he played good d against Dirk.All Slava wants to do is shoot and Grant is worried about how many braids he should wear in the game.
mihmrulz

Postby ruffryder8 on Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:59 am

:man10: @ klavier84.

I know how it feels, that's why I try to avoid laying down during games.
Ryde or Die

The Game wrote:[HAPPY NOW CL MODS] you, 50, Banks, Yayo, and the cops
And Olivia, I mean for a man she hot
ruffryder8

Postby Lakerfan36 on Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:46 am

BryantDunkGiant wrote:By the way, I'm not sure if I'm the only one asking this question... but...

Who the hell made CHUCKY ATKINS the spokesperson for the Lakers' defense?! :man10:

Did anyone catch that KCAL9 interview?

yea i saw that... :man10: :man10: :man10:
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby (¯`·.->:.ICED T.:< on Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:59 pm

good job kobe! good job team. once again kobe deminstrated why he is mvp. Gr8tist of all time!
(¯`·.->:.ICED T.:<

Postby strikemode14 on Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:54 pm

strikemode14 wrote:Kobe will get 42 points, 7 asts and 8 rebs but, the Lakers will fall 110-98. With Nowitzki and Finley back we are in some trouble.

Well I guess I can get wrong sometime but sometime it is good to be wrong when we get a much needed win. Oh well. Well at least I came close in total rebounds I predicted 8 and he got 9. We play the cats next so I see us starting a two game winning streak.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby kobesthegreatest8 on Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:19 pm

Great win!

Thanks to Showtime for the greatest sig! And thanks to magicmoment for the awesome Av!
kobesthegreatest8

Postby strikemode14 on Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:31 pm

kobesthegreatest8 wrote:Great win!

yes it was and now that we beat the Cats we are on a two game win streak. :jam2: :jam2:
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

wow

Postby BALISTIK on Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:42 pm

wow what a game.
I bleed purple and gold...
BALISTIK

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday