Thursday, Jan. 22
6:30 pm
TV: KCAL, TNT
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
Recap | Box Score | Photos | Highlights

Lakers - 87
Mavericks - 106

Lakers Miffed By Mavericks
Los Angeles mounted a furious rally to knot the game up in the third quarter, but couldn't keep pace with the Mavs down the stretch of a 106-87 road loss on Thursday. Devean George paced the Lakers with 24 points and Slava Medvedenko chipped in with 18. Los Angeles visits the Jazz on Saturday.

Post your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby lakerzrule on Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:08 pm

Well, I might as well post now, since the game's tomorrow. We'll probably lose unless Dallas doesn't play D and allows us to score a lot of points. Since our lineup is small, the game might be up-tempo, but that's what Dallas wants. We must make our free throws and open shots! Our D and rebounds were better against Memphis but we still lost because we couldn't make a shot. Maybe go inside a little more? :man7:
lakerzrule

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:34 pm

Dallas will KILL us...ANNIHILATE us...HUMILIATE us...and then they'll prolly brag bout it after tha game ...

Cuban: "I dont care if they didnt have shaq, kobe, malone, whoever...we still beat them and i believe we are tha better team now! GO MAVS!"

Nelson: "They cant make any excuses now...we've beaten them twice and not havin shaq kobe and malone is NO excuse for tha lakers pitiful game today, we are simply tha better team, i mean we had our own injuries...nash is equivalent to shaq malone and kobe isnt he?"

Nowitzki: "It was a good game"

Finley: "Both teams played hard"

Walker: "Im jus tryin to get a win man, i jus wnana win man...tha lakers aint nothin we beat them twice now"

Jamison: "I love this game cuz i like to get tha crowd into it...and thats what i did tonight"

Howard: "I outplayed walton and cook tonight...thats all i care bout cuz we're all rookies !"

Bradley: "Hey i had a field day out there cuz shaq wasnt there to rape me!"

Fortson: "Lakers are sissies! haha!"

now to tha lakers:

GP: "i didnt sign up for this"

George: "I am nothing without shaq"

Fisher: "I tried my best, but i failed again"

Slava: "Yea...yea...we almost won"

Walton: "i didnt throw it down like my dad wanted me to"

Udoka: "LEMME PLAY!"

Rush: "i jus wanted to tell all my hos out there that imma be home soon(winks at tha camera)"

Phil: "we didnt have enuff energy to keep up with them...they were jus too much and we're injured...hopefully we'll have shaq back next game but i doubt it knowing how he is"
FabFourLakers

Postby SMUnderground on Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:22 pm

is kcal gonna hve taped games again?..

man..hope lakers are gonna win..i thought they had today's game like the 2nd quarter..but..

GOOD LUCK LAKERS!!!..ALL YOURE FANS ARE SUPPORTING YOU!!!..(i think?).... :jam2:
SMUnderground

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:49 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:Cuban: "I dont care if they didnt have shaq, kobe, malone, whoever...we still beat them and i believe we are tha better team now! GO MAVS!"

Nelson: "They cant make any excuses now...we've beaten them twice and not havin shaq kobe and malone is NO excuse for tha lakers pitiful game today, we are simply tha better team, i mean we had our own injuries...nash is equivalent to shaq malone and kobe isnt he?"

Nowitzki: "It was a good game"

Finley: "Both teams played hard"

Walker: "Im jus tryin to get a win man, i jus wnana win man...tha lakers aint nothin we beat them twice now"

Jamison: "I love this game cuz i like to get tha crowd into it...and thats what i did tonight"

Howard: "I outplayed walton and cook tonight...thats all i care bout cuz we're all rookies !"

Bradley: "Hey i had a field day out there cuz shaq wasnt there to rape me!"

Fortson: "Lakers are sissies! haha!"

now to tha lakers:

GP: "i didnt sign up for this"

George: "I am nothing without shaq"

Fisher: "I tried my best, but i failed again"

Slava: "Yea...yea...we almost won"

Walton: "i didnt throw it down like my dad wanted me to"

Udoka: "LEMME PLAY!"

Rush: "i jus wanted to tell all my hos out there that imma be home soon(winks at tha camera)"

Phil: "we didnt have enuff energy to keep up with them...they were jus too much and we're injured...hopefully we'll have shaq back next game but i doubt it knowing how he is"

OMG, the rush part is the SHIZ... you are the shiz!!!! so funny omg.
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:02 am

LA Lakers (25-14) at Dallas (25-16) 9:30 pm EST

DALLAS (Ticker) -- The surging Dallas Mavericks seek to extend their season-high winning streak to six games on Thursday when they welcome the depleted Los Angeles Lakers to town.

Dallas won its fifth straightwith a 106-93 triumph over New Jersey on Tuesday. Antoine Walker scored 19 of his 22 points in the second half to lead the Mavericks. Dirk Nowitzki scored 19 points and Michael Finley and Steve Nash each added 18 as Dallas placed all five starters in double figures. Rookie Josh Howard scored 11 points and grabbed six rebounds.

The Mavericks held a 52-38 rebounding advantage and are 16-3 this season when outrebounding the opposition.

The Lakers have dropped eight straight road games after Wednesday's 88-82 loss at Memphis. Los Angeles once again played without the injured trio of Shaquille O'neal, Kobe Bryant and Karl Malone.

Los Angeles finished with its lowest offensive output of the season and shot a season-low 35 percent (29-of-83). It has not won on the road since a 114-103 victory at Dallas on December 4.

This is the fourth and final meeting between the teams. The Lakers won the first two before the Mavericks countered with a 110-93 victory at Los Angeles on December 12 that ended a 26-game road skid there.

Click here for a preview of tonight's game
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby JSM on Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:24 pm

Payton/Nash: Payton is going to have to be ready to run, because Nash likes to run and gun. Payton should be able to keep up with Nash, and prevent him from being a presence on offense. Payton will be able to get to the basket and get easy shots, because Nash (like all the Mavs) can't play D. Look for Nash to struggle, and Payton to have a good game. If we want to stay even close to the Mavs, then Payton has to be aggressive and score around 25 points, at least. Payton will win this matchup though.

Rush/Finley: Tonight will be a lot like last night, we aren't even going to know Rush is out there. Finley is going to make us wish it was Saturday and Kobe was back in action. Finley is going to dominate Rush on both ends of the court. He is going to light him us too. Hopefully Rush can play good defense and force Finley to rely on his jumper and not let him take it to the hole at will. Prediction: Finley 20+ points, Rush 10 (if we are lucky), but probably less.

Russell & George/Howard & Jamison: Russell has to keep playing well. We need for him to knock down some big 3's for us, he has been the only one with a steady 3 point shot, everyone else has been streaky. We know Russell will be able to shut down Howard, I'm not worried about that, but hopefully he can also have positive results against Jamison. For our sake, we better hope George gets hurt or something, or he will blow this game for us. He will come in for Russell and go 0-25 or something absurd like that or he will just hand the ball to Jamison instead of embarrassing himself by shooting. No...but seriously, we better hope Phil talks to George about his recent struggling, and only play him a few minutes at sf, but mostly at pf (when Dirk, Jamison, and Walker are on the bench), and tell him not to shoot, ust rebound and try to play some sort of defense.

Slava/Walker: This will be a shootout, but a shootout that we will lose. Both guys like to shoot the ball more, than drive it to the hoop. Walker would be happy with just shooting 3's all day, but we got to limit his shots to some degree. I think Slava might actually be a better defender than Walker, because the truth is neither have a very good defensive game. Slava needs to keep Walker from getting good looks and try and make him shoot outside shots, hopefully they don't fall. Slava won't have a big offensive game though, because the offense will be geared for GP tonight, we won't have a lot of time to slow things down and pound it into what we now have to call big men. Hopefully Slava will get 12-14 points and 10 or so rebounds.

Cook/Dirk: This will get ugly, trust me. Dirk is perhaps one of the best players in the league and he is going against our rookie that comes off the bench and hasn't played much until these injuries happened. Dirk will shoot the ball every time they give it to him, which will be a lot. He is going to prevent Cook from getting anything that resembles a shot and get most of the rebounds. Dirk will probably single handedly beat us. We have nothing to slow him down, much less stop him....anyone know if we signed a player, how long it would take for them to get to Dallas, because Rodman at 5% would even sound good to me. It would be better than watching Cook get cooked by Dirk. Prediction: Cook 4 points, Dirk 32 & 13
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:30 pm

Something to think about:

-- We are playing against a fully healthy Mav's team
-- We only have 9 Laker players dressing out tonight
-- We only have one guy at least 6'9, Brian Cook

This is going to be one of the toughest games to get through. I predict a loss tonight, however, if we can somehow pull this off extremly undermanned. This might go down as one of the great reg. season victories in the past four, five years.
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby wongy on Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:38 pm

:man11: There's a few words in the Hawaiian language that describes the outcome of this game- "Smoked", "Annihalated", "Humiliated" :man10: ... Payton should take the night off and play when they'll have a better chance of winning.. :man10:
"Stu" should be the man...
wongy

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:49 pm

Why have doubts...

"Never doubt the heart of a champion", my friend!
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby wongy on Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:01 pm

You're right LD, but our champions are all INJURED!! :man10:
wongy

Postby wongy on Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:03 pm

:man11: I predict the same outcome as when they played the Kings.. a loss by about the same margin 15 to 20 points.. any takers?? :man10:
wongy

Postby BDG on Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:10 pm

Haha Phil said the Lakers will play ZONE defense tonight!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:12 pm

LUKE is STARTING!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:12 pm

Luke is starting
JSM

Postby BDG on Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:17 pm

Image 8

Image 7

8:50 1st Quarter

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:19 pm

Devean sucks.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:20 pm

Image 11

Image 14

6:57 1st Quarter

Devean picks up his 2nd foul. Good.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:25 pm

Image 16

Image 21

4:31 1st Quarter

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:38 pm

UDOKA!

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby wongy on Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:43 pm

Udoka this early?? Why?? PJ must really be desperate..
wongy

Postby BDG on Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:44 pm

Image 22

Image 31

11:28 2nd Quarter

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby wongy on Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:55 pm

:man10: And here comes the blowout!! :man10:
wongy

Postby BDG on Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:56 pm

Image 31

Image 43

4:31 2nd Quarter
Last edited by BDG on Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:07 pm

Mavs 54
Lakers 40
2:26 left in the 2nd
JSM

Next

Return to Lakers Gameday