Thur. 12/4 @ Mavs - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:20 pm

Kareem Rush is the opposite of POSITIVE ENERGY coming from the bench.

Everytime he is in the court, the other team goes into a scoring run. I can't wait for Rick Fox to get healthy, so when Devean George gets into foul trouble, then Phil can put him in, instead of that loser Rush.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:24 pm

We are in national TV and we need to make another statement in the second half.

Everyone is watching, especially Sac. town.

Let's blow them out in the third and rest our starters in the 4th.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:27 pm

just be happy with a win. blow-outz are no fun. no excitement.

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby BDG on Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:51 pm

iWuVkObE8BrYaNT wrote:just be happy with a win. blow-outz are no fun. no excitement.
Are you kidding me? I laugh my [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] off at how badly we win in games like against the Spurs at home!

Did yall see that Malone elbow he put on Nash! I'm putting that clip up for sure! That was sick.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby rydjorker121 on Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:58 pm

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:Great way to keep our composure, even when Dallas came within 5 points.

Can someone please tell Kareem Rush NOT take a 3 pointer. This guy can hit an ocean with a basketball.

ha...did he brick it?
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby BDG on Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:59 pm

Badly, but it doesn't matter, we're up 78-64 late it the 3rd
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:33 pm

OH MY GOD THEY'RE BRINGING BACK THE HACK-A-SHAQ!!!

YES, SHAQ MADE BOTH FREETHROWS!

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:42 pm

Ironically, they played "Try Again" by Aaliyah after the game at the Mavs arena. I don't know if they meant to or not.

The Mavs just gotta "dust yaself off and try again"... :man10:

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:51 pm

Great game by the Lakers. We made a nice statement this last two nights and the rest of the league should be scared. The funny thing about is that we are far from being full strength in terms of knowing each other's game, and with Rick Fox hopefully coming back soon.

Points I want to recap:

1. Nice elbow by Karl Malone.
2. 19 rebounds by Shaq....WOW!!!!!
3. Great 3 pointers by Byron Russell. He played great.
4. Nice pass by Luke to Shaq.
5. Kareem Rush still sucks!!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Ring It Up on Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:10 pm

murcielago62 wrote:Lakers are gonna win a close one. They'll(Lakers) be fatigued from the game yesterday, but they'll win because Dirk isn't playing. That shortens the Mavs bench a good bit also...Lakers win 110-104

That was a good prediction. Nice call of the score murcie. The only thing was the game was really close.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:22 am

Kareem only took one shot... Sure it wasn't a good shot to take but he took it... ANd what u mean every time he comes in the game the other team goes on a scoring run. Let me ASSURE u that he's not the only one that comes in, but other players come along with him. And the past couple of games he's been playin well. I dont know what rock u've been under, but u better dust urself off and stop judgin someone who doesn't see enough PT to improve consistantly....

Anyway... I'm satisfied with out win! We are the 1st team to defeat the Mavs at home, and we did it in fashion. Great job Lakers! The refs did in fact suck tonight though, both ways. We're on a run!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby PiEdIe on Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:00 am

wooohooooooooooo!!!

how hot are we :man1:
PiEdIe

Postby Gold Brick on Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:09 am

This was probably their best road game so far this season. Lakers made it look like a home game. This is the best ive seen Shaq play this season.
Got to give the Glove credit this game too. He took charge of the game from the first possesion and was magnificent in like the first 5 minutes of the quarter. I think that made the game what it was more than anything else the rest of the nite. The Lakers had like 10 or 12 points before the Mavs even scored. Great game....Great game.
Gold Brick

Postby Shaq Fan on Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:12 am

GP should shoot a lil more and Kobe a lil less in this game, but other than that it was all good. I wish GP would drive a bit more and score when he drives and not pass it off as much.

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby JSM on Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:11 pm

The Mavs looked like they had no idea about to to put on Shaq, I think I at least 3/4 of their guys on him some time or another...from Howard to Jamison, they just tried everything, and none of it worked. You can't put a sf/sg (Jamison) on a 7'1 330+ big man, unless you want to get killed in the paint.

Here is who tried to stop the big fella:
Walker
Bradley
Howard
Jamison
Najera
Fortson

The result-Shaq: 25 points, 19 boards, 5 dimes, and 3 blocks

SO this should prove the when Shaq is playing like he should, he is unstoppable. I think the Mavs may want to make a few adjustment before they face us again, even though they will have Dirk, he won't be able to do much better than those 6 guys.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:42 pm

why in tha blue hell would u put jamison on shaq? tha mavs played stupid basketball yesterday...VERY bad coaching...if u put najera or jamison on shaq u should be fired from tha NBA...if u were a smart NBA coach u would put bradley on shaq...hes tha only guy that could "guard" shaq....i mean yea he gets posterized, but he does a better job than anyone else on tha mavs
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:54 pm

BDG
Retired Admin

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday