6:30 pm
TV: TNT
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
Recap - http://www.nba.com/games/20031204/LALDAL/recap.html
Box Score - http://www.nba.com/games/20031204/LALDAL/recap.html

Lakers - 114
Mavericks - 103

Lakers Mash Mavericks
Kobe Bryant scored 32 points and Shaquille O'Neal followed his big game Wednesday night with a bigger one Thursday, registering 25 points and 19 rebounds in the Lakers' 114-103 win over the Mavericks. The win was the eighth straight for Los Angeles, which has also won 11 of its last 12 games.

Post your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:15 pm

TWO WORDS: BIG GAME

now this wouldnt be sucha big game if we didnt play tha SPURS a day before playin tha mavs...but since we did, AND we won...this is a BIG game...

remember what happened to tha lakers last time we played at SA, and we played tha next night in new orleans? yea we got blown out by new orleans....but this is a different laker team from before...

i expect tha lakers to pound it down low...no reason to settle for jump shots... we need to KILL them on tha boards, and ANNIHILATE them in tha paint! malone and shaq should be able to man handle tha mavs in tha paint...but we HAFTO contain walker jamison nash and finley! ESPECIALLY JAMISON! he lit up tha lakers for 50 one time...and he always seems to do well against us!

ALSO: the mavs are undefeated at home....thats a big factor comin into tommorow's game!

I dont wanna predict anything yet...i'll wait to see how tha lakers are feelin tommorow...
FabFourLakers

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:30 pm

With no Dirk look for the Mavs to attack with Michael Finley & Antoine Walker. Alot of threes will determine the success of the mavs, for LA it will be how well they defend the three pointer and how well they rebound.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby JSM on Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:52 pm

Alright, this is a big game for us, and even though Dallas has zero D, they are going to run and are going to try to score a lot of points. We need Shaq and Malone to play well, since they will have the easiest time. This will be because Dirk is out and Dallas has no big men; unless you call the soft Walker a big man, or Bradley who seems all he ever does is gets dunked on or ends up on the wrong side of a highlight. If it win, then it could be our very own Texas massacre (no chainsaw involved though) by beating both teams at home on back-to-back nights.

player matchups:

Payton/Nash- Payton got to sit for around 14 minutes against the Spurs, so hopefully that will help, and he won't be tired against Nash. He is going to have to be ready to run, because Nash likes to run and gun. Payton should be able to keep up with him, and prevent him from being a presence on offense. Payton will play a smart game, conserving his energy at times, and looking to pass the ball down low a lot. He will be able to get to the basket and get easy shots, because Nash (like all the Mavs) can't play D. Look for Nash to struggle, and Payton to get a double double (points and assists).

Kobe/Finley- They have been playing Delk at the 2 guard, but I don't see them starting him against Kobe, so this is more likely. Finley has not been the scoring threat this year that he usually is, he has only had 3 25+ point games. So Kobe, even though he only sat 2 minutes against the Spurs, should be able to contain Finley. Don't expect Kobe to have a great game, he will probably get close to 16 points, but these points won't be all that hard to get against a team with no D.

George/Jamison- This matchup concerns me. Jamison likes to put up points when he plays the Lakers, and George isn't exactly our best defender. George is coming off a good game, but I expect to see him struggle against the Mavs. Jamison is a bit taller and longer than George, so that will mess up some of his shots. George needs to play some good defense on Jamison, because he will probably be their leading scorer. George will also need and try to box him out and beat him to the boards, because Jamison has been getting his share of rebounds, and that is where he has been getting some of his points, off of second chance opportunities.

Malone/Walker- This should be an easy matchup for Malone, something he could use after having to guard Duncan. Walker lacks toughness and won't go inside on Malone, and instead will settle for the outside jumper. Walker isn't even a solid pf, he is a big sf that likes to shoot the 3's a little too much. As long as Malone guards him and doesn't leave him open, then Walker won't be a factor in the game. Malone will be able to get all the rebounds he wants over Walker, drive in and score at will, and dominate this matchup. Look for Malone to get yet another double-double (points & boards).

Shaq/Bradley- Another fun matchup, Bradley is known for being dunked on, expect to see some new highlights added to the top 10 dunks on Bradley, most of the coming from the big fella. The only reason Bradley is in the league is because of his height, he has no basketball skill. Shaq will dominate the paint and this matchup. Shaq will have his way, and load up on points and rebounds. Shaq will be our leading scorer, and probably our leading rebounder, also expect a double-double. Shaq will be going up against a 7-6 dummy, except this one can't play D.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:55 pm

another interesting note: we are 3-0 when we are on national tv
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:41 pm

The key to this game is simply...."D"

If we play that...we win!
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby @ on Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:16 am

jsm0331 wrote:Shaq/Bradley- Another fun matchup, Bradley is known for being dunked on, expect to see some new highlights added to the top 10 dunks on Bradley, most of the coming from the big fella. The only reason Bradley is in the league is because of his height, he has no basketball skill. Shaq will dominate the paint and this matchup. Shaq will have his way, and load up on points and rebounds. Shaq will be our leading scorer, and probably our leading rebounder, also expect a double-double. Shaq will be going up against a 7-6 dummy, except this one can't play D.

:man10: :man10: :man10:

poor Bradley....
Shaq will DESTROY him

LAKERS 105

Mavs 92
@

Postby Timmah on Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:57 am

Nellie's not going to start the Mantis on Shaq. :man7:

He will probably start Fortson, Najera, or Walker at center.
Timmah

Postby G-Lakers on Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:42 am

ummm.........
16-3
G-Lakers

This is what will happen

Postby KobeLegend on Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:25 am

The Lakers are going to make there statement to the league tonight. This is the game when it is all gonna go down. The Quad Squad are all gonna drop over 20 points and they are going to win by at least 30 points and the NBA will be shaking and other teams will begin to realize that their whole season is worthless and that are just a platform for the Lakers to Stomp on
KobeLegend

Postby shaqpak34 on Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:30 am

i just hope they dont shoot lights out and fastbreak our [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] off...we shouldnt be TOOOOOO tired but still, its better if we get rest
shaqpak34

Postby Shaq Fan on Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:10 pm

Lakers: 108

Mavs: 91

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby G-Slinger on Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:22 pm

Hey I hope the Lakers can win by that much, but still how do you guys predict them winning by that much. The Lakers are known for playing poorly on back to back days, and there playing a decent Dallas team at home. (Where there 10-0). So I don't know, I for sure think they Lakers will win, because I think they can win every game, but not by that much. It will be close.

Lakers-102
Dallas-98
Kobe Bryant is better then Michael Jordan.

-John Salley

I Love the Lakers
G-Slinger

Postby Gold Brick on Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:26 pm

Yeah, I see a Carousel Rotation on Shaq, and Steve Nash working valiantly, but alas, in vain, to put his team over the top on the Lakers. They will have the crowd, but thats about it. If the Lakers bring their "A" game, they can take the Mavs. :jam2:
It would be nice to see some balanced scoring from the Lakers in the first quarter and well the first half.
Gold Brick

Postby shaqpak34 on Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:35 pm

ya i look for ppl such as devean and fish and maybe even rush to step up and provide relief for our starters....i dont see malone getting more than 30 minutes, hes probably tired, and hell prolly get close to another triple double

im guessin 10 points 13 rebounds and 6 assists

i wanna see more scoring from kobe and also more assists from him and payton

shaq needs to play the type of D he did yesterday, and must do well against the mid range shooters they have...

im hopin for a blowout, 104-88, big lead in third, starters out in fourth
shaqpak34

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:16 pm

I was listening to Mychal Thompson in the Loose Cannons in 1150 today and Mychal said that Danny Fortson was doing a little smack talking.

Fortson said that "the Lakers are old and the Mavs will run all around the Lakers and that he's not afraid of Shaq"

Hopefully, someone sent this message to Shaq. :mad1:
It will be a very long night for Fortson. :man7:
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Lakerqueen on Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:22 pm

Is Fortson back from his suspension for that flagrant foul?
Lakerqueen

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:30 pm

I'm not sure if Fortson is back from that Flagrant foul against Cabarkapa.

If he's out for this game, then he's a real man for saying this statement.

If he's playing, then he's an idiot.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:21 pm

hes playin, he was suspended for tha denver, minny and washington games....

he will play tonight against tha lakers

i hope shaq DOMINATES early
FabFourLakers

Postby murcielago62 on Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:25 pm

Lakers are gonna win a close one. They'll(Lakers) be fatigued from the game yesterday, but they'll win because Dirk isn't playing. That shortens the Mavs bench a good bit also...Lakers win 110-104
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby Gold Brick on Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:13 pm

Y'all watchin Gary?? Absolutely awesome!! Yes!!
Gold Brick

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:37 pm

We're just crushing them right now. Everyone is playing well, especially Shaq & Payton.

"It's over ladies and gentlemen!" :man12:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby FirstLady on Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:07 pm

We did start out pretty good. It looked as though *allas wasn't even gonna bust 10 in the first quarter. :man10:
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Postby murcielago62 on Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:16 pm

51-42 Lakers. We have a big enough lead to survive the onslaught. We shall see how this turns out...
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:18 pm

Great way to keep our composure, even when Dallas came within 5 points.

Can someone please tell Kareem Rush NOT take a 3 pointer. This guy can hit an ocean with a basketball.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Next

Return to Lakers Gameday