Thur. 10/20 vs. Nuggets - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby kwamejoke on Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:16 am

mandingo wrote:
kwamejoke wrote:
okay wrote:I miss the days when Kobe could drop 50 on the Nuggets and we would win by 30.

kobe is beening double teamed now.

That's nothing new...

so forget to drop 50.
Mitch is the General Murder of lakers.

Caron > kwame BUT caron + chucky < kwame !
kwamejoke

Postby mandingo on Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:48 am

kwamejoke wrote:
mandingo wrote:
kwamejoke wrote:
okay wrote:I miss the days when Kobe could drop 50 on the Nuggets and we would win by 30.

kobe is beening double teamed now.

That's nothing new...

so forget to drop 50.

That was nonsensical. So what was your name before you got banned and came back?
I bleed purple and sweat gold, don't ever question that.
Play Good Call
mandingo

Postby jminges on Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:52 am

Can we please get rid of Brian F*cking Cook? Trade him for a 2nd round pick.

ImageImageImage
Last edited by jminges on Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
jminges

Postby trips on Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:53 am

Lakerfan36 wrote:
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT wrote:it's so frustrating watching this team struggle like this...
sometimes i wish i wasnt so INTO the lakers, or sports for that matter
i wish i could just sit back, relax, & enjoy the game
...though it's impossible to enjoy games such as the one they just played
yes, i know it's preseason, but it's never fun watching your team lose
i hope PJ finds a way to turn this team around
:man11:

i think you need to take a deep breath. Its only the preseason. Phil is still seeing what are best line up is. Its not a big deal that we lost. we will pick the triangle up and get much better :mhihi:

one more thing to remember. Phil Jackson has never had a winning preseason. When Deavan George was hot and made 3-4 baskets in a row, he took him out and put in devin green. Phil is just trying to checkout the players that are trying to make the team. :mhihi:

This is defenitely only preseason play and wining doesn't matter, but our team is looking awful out there, especially defensively. Jack Haley blamed the poor defense on lack of help defense which he believes is cuased directly by the full court pressure that is being aplied on PJ's demand. Hopefully this will be an adjustment that they will make in the near future.

As for the offense, it wasn't all that great either, Kwame looked good but a bit akward at times still he managed to score 16 in a seemingley effortless manner. Odom looked pretty good at playing point forward although I'd expect to see him play this role more efficiently, as for his lack of aggresiveness, it's to be expected from him. Odom's biggest problem was at the defensive end, Carmelo torched him.

Mihm looked horrible, as also did sasha. OMG, I've never seen Slava pass the ball so much as he did! Parker was good, but I'm not so sure he's a starter, he's second unit material if you ask me.

All in all... lakers get a C- from me.
Somebody plz get Pippen back so he can teach LO to defend better.
Somebody... make it happen.
trips

Postby mandingo on Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:06 am

jminges wrote:Can we please get rid of Brian F*cking Cook? Trade him for a 2nd round pick.

ImageImageImage

Yo bro, you expect him to guard K-Mart? Quit wanting more out of him than what he has to offer. Cookie had a good game tonight. A LOT of hustle plays ala D. Fish.

Quit over-reacting...
Play Good Call
mandingo

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:08 am

KrazyIvan909 wrote:We'll get them on opening night!!

well opening night just so happens to fall on my BIRTHday, so i hope YOU'RE RIGHT!
i've already postponed any plans i had so a W would be nice
:mhihi:

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby Apexed on Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:20 am

jminges wrote:Can we please get rid of Brian F*cking Cook? Trade him for a 2nd round pick.

ImageImageImage

i'm guessing u didn't see the game?
Apexed

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:22 am

I saw only 2nd half of game, but later in day, I'll wact re-play and see what happened in 1st half. I was dissapointed when I Mihm didn't played in 2nd half, cuz of foul trouble! :bang: :disagree:
Phil is worried about our bench and it worries me too! When Kobe, Lamar and Kwame was on bench, team didin't showed coherent game. When our "Big Trio" came back in, game become aggravated.

Final roster:
Kobe
Lamar
Kwame
Smush
Mihm
Mckie
Vujacic
Cook
Devin Green
JJ
Von
Luke Walton
A-Bomb

Trades:
Medvedenko
Vujacic
Cook

Cuts:
Laron Profit
Parada or Blount
Tony Bobbitt[/b]
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby Apexed on Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:24 am

Mihm played great defense in the 1st quarter...especially when he blocked his own shot...amazing
Apexed

Postby mandingo on Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:46 am

Apexed wrote:Mihm played great defense in the 1st quarter...especially when he blocked his own shot...amazing

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
Play Good Call
mandingo

Postby KB24 on Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:14 am

mandingo wrote:
Apexed wrote:Mihm played great defense in the 1st quarter...especially when he blocked his own shot...amazing

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
:mhihi:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby kwamejoke on Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:27 am

:man10: :man10: :man10: how ??

kwamejoke

Postby mandingo on Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:51 am

kwamejoke wrote:

It's painful....

He went up with his right, let his left hand drop and it hit the ball, knocking it out of his right....

:bang: :man10: :bang: :man10:
Play Good Call
mandingo

Postby TalkieWalkie on Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:34 am

SOAD wrote:Odom with another good all-around game.

10, 9, 7....yea...hes putting up PG numbers...except with more rebounds...definately needs to up the scoring though...triangles improvment will provide that.
If on the morrow of the revolution, the masses of the people have only phrases at their service, if they do not recognize, by clear and blinding facts, that the situation has been transformed to their advantage, if the overthrow ends only in a change of persons and forumlae, nothing will have been acheived. -Peter Kropotkin
TalkieWalkie

Postby mandingo on Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:35 am

TalkieWalkie wrote:

10, 9, 7....yea...hes putting up PG numbers...except with more rebounds...definately needs to up the scoring though...triangles improvment will provide that.

If Phil can pull him out of his pass first shoot last mentality to a happy medium, he should be able to get those same boards/assists and around 16 PPG.
Play Good Call
mandingo

Postby kobesthegreatest8 on Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:37 am

Another good game but Kwame but I would like to see more rebounds! BEsides that good game by him! Bad shooting night by kobe and also I want to see smush with a couple more assists. D george also had another great game!

Thanks to Showtime for the greatest sig! And thanks to magicmoment for the awesome Av!
kobesthegreatest8

Postby mandingo on Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:38 am

kobesthegreatest8 wrote:Another good game but Kwame but I would like to see more rebounds! BEsides that good game by him! Bad shooting night by kobe and also I want to see smush with a couple more assists. D george also had another great game!

Now THAT is how you express your concerns in a positive manner!

:bow: :bow: :bow:
Play Good Call
mandingo

Postby singap0reanb0i on Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:43 am

hdtvset wrote:
singap0reanb0i wrote:Image

Hey this is nice. Where did you find this? :man4:

it was on bspn boxscores.. i just cut and paste and made it a pic for everyone to see..
singap0reanb0i

Postby okay on Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:37 am

We pulled within 3, I don't know how we let it drop to 20 at one point.
okay

Postby kwamejoke on Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:38 am

mandingo wrote:
kwamejoke wrote:

It's painful....

He went up with his right, let his left hand drop and it hit the ball, knocking it out of his right....

:bang: :man10: :bang: :man10:

I really want to see that. It should be the highlight of the game.

kwamejoke

Postby trips on Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:05 am

mandingo wrote:
TalkieWalkie wrote:

If Phil can pull him out of his pass first shoot last mentality to a happy medium, he should be able to get those same boards/assists and around 16 PPG.

Odom does need to be more agressive, but he needs to keep his passing mentality, it's gonna help this team in a big way in the long run. But you wanna see him get 16 ppg? Uh, uh, he's already averaged that. I wanna see him go for 18-19 ppg. He can do it, he just needs to look more for his shot, it looks like he's settling too much for the 3 pointer.

18-9-7 would make him a bonifide allstar, even in the deep west.

P.S. His biggest flaw is his defense. Pippen where are u???
trips

Postby abeer3 on Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:36 am

my thoughts:

as a whole, the team looks simply awful. transition d is even worse than last year. a few times, denver got open dunks off of made buckets. yuck. offensively, if kobe, lamar or kwame doesn't have the ball in their hands, cover your eyes. anyway, i'll stop myself before i ramble about just how badly this season could start for the lakers....

kwame-get this man the ball, early and often. he's a handful down low, kmart wanted none of it. solid d for the most part, too. kmart got lucky on a couple of early jumpers, but couldn't make a post move on brown to save his soul.

mihm-committed two of the stupidest fouls i've seen in a while. had some nice moves around the hoop and couldn't get a roll. fouled himself out in the first quarter, basically. not a good sign...again.

kobe-yuck. bad game for him. came to life a little in the third, but overall, just didn't take good shots and fell asleep defensively multiple times. got burned for a dunk by dermarr johnson off a routine outlet pass on a made bucket.

smush-except for one airball (that ended one of the ugliest offensive possesions of the preseason), he looked good to me. hit a couple shots, took it to the basket, didn't get to play as much as i would have hoped, because they were taking an extended look at sasha.

lamar-good game, but can't find his range (much like last preseason). some solid d, but got burned by melo a couple of times off the dribble. one time, he caught him from being and just ATE the shot. couple of nice post moves, including once where he schooled nene. 10, 9 and 7 works. i like lamar. he's good, and he knows how to play the game.

cook-pleasantly surprised. he played around the bucket on offense and showed some intensity. nice sequence where he got stuffed by francisco elson (who should be a laker, dammit) twice, but stayed with it and went to the line. more of that, less line drive threes, please. made a nice post move but didn't finish. d still suspect, but he tried.

george-sign this guy up for the all star game. another good one from george. contract year, baby. stroke looks good, d is solid. my friend was like, "who is this guy?". i said i wasn't sure.

devin green-first time i've gotten to see this guy, and i was impressed. this is a phil player if i've seen one. just made the right decision almost every time. fantastic high/low touch pass to kwame for a dunk. nailed a three when the d sagged off of him. seems like he's one of the few who was in the right place on offense. anyway, he probably won't make the squad, but i liked what i saw from him.

slava-better than last game. broke up an alley oop on d, which is more life than i've ever seen from him on that end. nice post move for the bucket, drilled open j. didn't play a ton, but was actually fairly effective in spurts. weird.

sasha-like i said earlier, phil was trying to get a good look at him. my guess is that he was partially blinded. just a terrible game. his form looked funky on those threes. he made one that looked good, then started doing something odd with his legs and it was shank city after that. some ridiculous turnovers, too. icky icky. bobbitt looks to be the better player of the two at this point.

mckie-is he done or is it the hamstring? or is he done because of the hamstring? whatever, he's ineffective right now. hope he gets better in time for the regular season. i can't bear another vlade signing.

anyway, that's about it. several individuals made good plays and looked better than in the other game i saw, but this team is not functioning well as a unit. contrast it with denver, who played well together and moved the ball vertically, and it looked sick. lakers really can't afford to sputter out of the gate this year, so let's hope they get this together soon. gotta look for kwame, he basically commands a double team. kobe needs to be on the move more than he was last night.
abeer3

Postby Yessic@ on Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:51 pm

wtf is wrong with u?? they had a great game they are in a learning process u dont learn everything in 4 games.
KOBE!!! :jam2: :bow:
Yessic@

Postby Butters on Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:42 pm

wow, Slava got an assist
Butters

Postby Sirron on Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:51 pm

Looking at the boxscore, Kwame was 7-8 from the field, and some trigger happy guard was 6-16. I don't know who he is, but I'm thinking whoever this guard is, he needs to feed the Big Man the darn ball. You play basketball inside out.

Snaq

:man1:
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight