Thur. 2/10 @ Pistons - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby jimbo327 on Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:39 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:
jimbo327 wrote:Can we at least play some Tony Bobbitt?? I just don't get it, the one guy who shows he wants to play some defense...he sits all game. :man7:

Where do people get this about Bobbitt? Where has he shown that he's a skilled defender? I hear it mentioned a lot...maybe it's just in comparison to the other Gs on the Lakers roster.

Well, yes, it's all relative. When you look down the bench, it's not much to think about when you need some defensive energy.
jimbo327

Postby lakerbasketball on Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:41 pm

jimbo327 wrote:Cook does not know the importance of boxing out. On defense, Cook got boxed out, but he made no attempt to get around it to wrestle better position. He just leaned on the guy...of course, the guy got the rebound. We must have given away 20 offensive rebounds today....at least.

theres a reason Phil played Slava over him
lakerbasketball

Postby jimbo327 on Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:44 pm

lakerbasketball wrote:
jimbo327 wrote:Cook does not know the importance of boxing out. On defense, Cook got boxed out, but he made no attempt to get around it to wrestle better position. He just leaned on the guy...of course, the guy got the rebound. We must have given away 20 offensive rebounds today....at least.

theres a reason Phil played Slava over him

Ummm...Slava is probably the same as Cook in terms of boxing out.
jimbo327

Postby Guest on Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:46 pm

i'm gonna start calling them Piss-ons again......

Postby kobe6962 on Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:55 pm

This team needs to be scooped up with a shovel and buried!
Officially done with ClubLakers. Its too much of a freaking circus for my taste. I wont ever be back and all of you can shove it.

No matter how many times a certain person sends me a message I am done so keep begging I am not coming back you know who you are!
kobe6962

Postby 8kobe8 on Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:05 pm

I think after this game it has become OFFICIAL that the LAKERS WONT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.
8kobe8

Postby kobe6962 on Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:07 pm

8kobe8 wrote:I think after this game it has become OFFICIAL that the LAKERS WONT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

I said after the Hawks game that we werent going to make it
Officially done with ClubLakers. Its too much of a freaking circus for my taste. I wont ever be back and all of you can shove it.

No matter how many times a certain person sends me a message I am done so keep begging I am not coming back you know who you are!
kobe6962

Postby BuddyList on Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:16 pm

kobe6962 wrote:
8kobe8 wrote:I think after this game it has become OFFICIAL that the LAKERS WONT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

no one cares
BuddyList

Postby kobe6962 on Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:16 pm

BuddyList wrote:
kobe6962 wrote:

no one cares

I didnt ask your opinion

kobe6962

Postby BuddyList on Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:19 pm

kobe6962 wrote:
BuddyList wrote:
kobe6962 wrote:

no one cares

I didnt ask your opinion

no one asked for yours
BuddyList

Postby kobe6962 on Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:21 pm

BuddyList wrote:
kobe6962 wrote:
BuddyList wrote:
kobe6962 wrote:

no one cares

I didnt ask your opinion

no one asked for yours

drop it I dont have a problem with you.

kobe6962

Postby UCLAbadfish on Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:23 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:
jimbo327 wrote:Can we at least play some Tony Bobbitt?? I just don't get it, the one guy who shows he wants to play some defense...he sits all game. :man7:

Where do people get this about Bobbitt? Where has he shown that he's a skilled defender? I hear it mentioned a lot...maybe it's just in comparison to the other Gs on the Lakers roster.

they get it from the only time they have seen him play: preseason. I still think he should get more minutes though. stop playing Sasha exclusively at the 2 and give him some minutes at the 1. that will free up some more minutes for Bobbitt.
UCLAbadfish

Postby ChainLink on Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:24 pm

Actually I wanted to comment with you guys during the game, but it kinda got heated in here...so I thought it would be better if I wait a lil after the game for you to cool off...Anyway...

You guys are overreacting. Times are tough, but the Lakers will be fine.

The Lakers are on a grueling road trip, getting very little rest. The 2nd of a back-to-back after a very draining OT win New Jersey yesterday. The team is still shell-shocked after the Rudy T resignation. And they're playing without their best player.

Now I'm not saying if the Lakers had a long rest and been more fresh, they would've beaten the Pistons. After all, we are the champs and one of the better teams in the league. :man12: Still, there's plenty of reasons why it looked ugly out there, and I'm sure it won't happen every night. Don't sweat it.
ChainLink
Clublakers Rep: Pistons

Postby ChainLink on Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:27 pm

kingprince22 wrote:i'm gonna start calling them Piss-ons again......

Don't hate, appreciate...

I guess that's okay, after all they did "Piss-on" the Lakers tonight, didn't they? :man1:

j/k it's all good man
ChainLink

Postby kobe6962 on Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:27 pm

ChainLink wrote:Actually I wanted to comment with you guys during the game, but it kinda got heated in here...so I thought it would be better if I wait a lil after the game for you to cool off...Anyway...

You guys are overreacting. Times are tough, but the Lakers will be fine.

The Lakers are on a grueling road trip, getting very little rest. The 2nd of a back-to-back after a very draining OT win New Jersey yesterday. The team is still shell-shocked after the Rudy T resignation. And they're playing without their best player.

Now I'm not saying if the Lakers had a long rest and been more fresh, they would've beaten the Pistons. After all, we are the champs and one of the better teams in the league. :man12: Still, there's plenty of reasons why it looked ugly out there, and I'm sure it won't happen every night. Don't sweat it.

Interesting great points you got more faith then I do.. I hope you are right only time will tell! Good analysis

kobe6962

Postby ChainLink on Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:27 pm

I guess that's okay, after all they did "Piss-on" the Lakers tonight, didn't they? :man1:

j/k it's all good man
ChainLink

Postby d.James on Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:29 pm

I missed the game, but saw the Box Score

Daaaamn.

Prince - 25 on 11-20, and 6 boards
Rasheed - 23, 15 boards, 3 assists, 1 steal, 1 block.
Ben - 7 points, 15 boards, 3 blocks, 2 steals.
Billups - 15 points, 11 assists.
Rip - 11 points, 5 assists, 3 rebounds
Arroyo - 8 points, 7 assists, 5 rebounds.
Jenkins - 8 points, 1 rebound, 1 steal.

Limited the Lakers to 39 percent from the field (while shooting .441), +16 in rebounding, +10 in assists, +6 in three-pointers, +11 in field goal attempts , and this is just too cute:

The Lakers have now lost six in a row at the Palace.

(if all this gloating is getting on your nerves, go look at this: http://www.detnews.com/2002/pistons/0201/09/sports-386407.htm
With expectation comes responsibility. Respect is earned. When opportunity arises, preparation will calm nerves, inspire confidence, and help you to realize the moment. Where there is failure is a blueprint of how to improve. To fail to learn, even with talent, makes you ordinary. To learn from all experiences is to learn to become the best.
www.facebook.com/loudaboutbasketball
d.James

Postby Real Deal on Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:37 pm

Too bad Kobe wasn't 100%, or the Pistons would look like they did at the beginning of the season.
Real Deal

Postby d.James on Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:40 pm

realdealbneal wrote:Too bad Kobe wasn't 100%, or the Pistons would look like they did at the beginning of the season.

:man3:
With expectation comes responsibility. Respect is earned. When opportunity arises, preparation will calm nerves, inspire confidence, and help you to realize the moment. Where there is failure is a blueprint of how to improve. To fail to learn, even with talent, makes you ordinary. To learn from all experiences is to learn to become the best.
d.James

Postby Real Deal on Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:46 pm

EMC wrote:
realdealbneal wrote:Too bad Kobe wasn't 100%, or the Pistons would look like they did at the beginning of the season.

Prince wouldn't have but 6 points on Kobe if he was 100%. Hell, Kobe hasn't been 100% since I can remember. Butler and Jones leave everyone open constantly...but that wouldn't happen if Butler was at the three, and Kobe was defending Rip and helping out with Prince.

Plus, the Pistons would get tired of trying to defend on the screens, because Kobe would be hitting the open man constantly. You watched the game...how many times did you see Chucky pull to the other side of the court, where he was unable to hit Jones for a jumper? Too many easy baskets were avoided because of the Lakers' stupidity in the backcourt...with Kobe dominating the ball again, the Pistons would be one of the teams that would have trouble with them.
Real Deal

Postby thisbjgz on Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:53 pm

whoever said that lakers wont make the playoffs, you should be ashamed of yourselves..

1 loss to the hawks and already claiming we wont make the playoffs?
wut kind of fan are you, get real
thisbjgz

Postby d.James on Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:14 pm

realdealbneal wrote:
EMC wrote:

Prince wouldn't have but 6 points on Kobe if he was 100%. Hell, Kobe hasn't been 100% since I can remember. Butler and Jones leave everyone open constantly...but that wouldn't happen if Butler was at the three, and Kobe was defending Rip and helping out with Prince.

Plus, the Pistons would get tired of trying to defend on the screens, because Kobe would be hitting the open man constantly. You watched the game...how many times did you see Chucky pull to the other side of the court, where he was unable to hit Jones for a jumper? Too many easy baskets were avoided because of the Lakers' stupidity in the backcourt...with Kobe dominating the ball again, the Pistons would be one of the teams that would have trouble with them.

EMC wrote:I missed the game, but saw the Box Score

Daaaamn.

Still, how does that account for 30 rebounds and 4 blocks between the Wallaces?

Tayshaun Prince has been playing unbelievable in the month of February (21.0 ppg, .563 FG%, 5.0 rpg, 2.0 apg, 2.0 bpg). I've been talking about him because since January 1st, he's been getting 15.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 3.1 apg, and 1.1 bpg. He's done it on .518 shooting, and has had three single digit nights (in the last 19).

That coincides with a decline in Chauncey Billups' scoring as well as the Pistons getting off the .500 mark.

And kobe was there for the other five losses. They defend the pick and roll with Iverson, Marbury, Gilbert Arenas, Steve Francis, Paul Pierce, etc.
Last edited by d.James on Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
d.James

Postby Guest on Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:20 pm

ChainLink wrote:

j/k it's all good man

:man9: i'm not expecting the Lakers to beat them tonight....heck i'm not even expecting the lakers to beat them even if kobe was here....but the spurs will see you in the finals :man9:

Postby ChainLink on Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:36 pm

realdealbneal wrote:Prince wouldn't have but 6 points on Kobe if he was 100%. Hell, Kobe hasn't been 100% since I can remember. Butler and Jones leave everyone open constantly...but that wouldn't happen if Butler was at the three, and Kobe was defending Rip and helping out with Prince.

Huh? First of all, Prince wouldn't have been guarded by Kobe; Kobe would've guarded Hamilton and Billups (Billups was playing a lot of 2 today with Arroyo running point). And even though Prince had a big game tonight, he's still not the offensive player or a proficient scorer like those two guards are; he's the 4th scoring option on the team. Another thing, with Butler at the 3, that wouldn't change anything; Jumaine Jones is a better defender; and with Jumaine at the 3 covering Prince, Prince was on fire.

The Lakers were swarmed, that's why they couldn't get the ball to the open man. And even if they could I don't know if the Lakers would have hit all of their open shots anyway; they just lacked a lot of energy (probably because of fatigue from this road trip) and basically threw in the towel by the middle of the 1st quarter. And really, it was the defense, not the offense, that buried the Lakers. They knew going in that the Piston halfcourt D is good, and without Kobe in the halfcourt, they needed to score a lot in transition. That's where your easy baskets should have come from. The lack of D,lack of energy, and getting beat on the offensive glass limited their fastbreak chances and took away easy baskets.
ChainLink

Postby KB24 on Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:59 pm

Lets trade the Lakers fo the Atlanta Hawks. At least Atlanta plays better defense.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday