Thur. 1/19 @ Queens - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:09 am

OK, Kobe forced few shots at end, but he tryed to survive. No help for Kobe, 2nd option Odom, does nothing.

Yuck.
Last edited by The Kobe Era 2K5 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby hZm on Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:09 am

Cant say we got anything out of this game either.

Knowing this team... they learned nothing from this.
hZm

Postby hZm on Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:10 am

Phil is PISSED!
hZm

Postby DJ Qube on Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:10 am

This is one of the worst losses I can remember...

1) Odom - obvious stupid drive with so much time on the clock, but was that even an offensive foul?

2) I can't believe the lack of respect by the refs for Mihm still. One of his last fouls, Jesus Christ. He steps out on the screen, Bibby sticks his arm out, and it's a foul on Mihm, of course.

3) Kobe got hit on a couple of jumpers in the first half including the last second 3 at the end of the half... no calls, of course.

4) Kobe jumps into a Rookie who bites on a pump fake, no call.

5) Kwame missed 2-3 offensive rebounds on OT. They came right to him, then he just volleyballs them up in the air instead of grabbing them.

6) Luke was WAAAY off tonight, No D, No shooting, No passing... He looked really tentative out there, too. The offense was totally stagnant when he touched the ball. I think he's going through some mental thing right now. Kenny Thomas OWNS him, but only because Mihm got fouled out.

What was the commentary like on KCAL? I watched on TNT (HD), but I wanted to hear Stu & Joel's analysis. They aren't homers and usually point out bad reffing. Is it just me, or did they see it too?
DJ Qube

Postby shoe on Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:11 am

after recking my entire house, im goin to sleep

night, yall

go lakers

queens still succk :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
shoe

Postby Lakerfan36 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:11 am

Up by 5 with 30 seconds left. and Odom and Kwame practically hand the kings the win. Kwame on the defensive end. and odom with his stupid turnover.

:mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:12 am

:bang: I have never been so mad after a loss..ever! Lamar is just dumb!!! A won ballgame..all he had to do was hold the ball for 20 seconds.. I knew after drove aimlessly that something bad is going to happen... idiot idiot play.. the guy looks high.. :mad1:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby DJ Qube on Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:14 am

Did anyone catch what Odom was saying to Joey Crawford after the game? TNT mentioned he wasn't leaving the court and he might get some kind of fine for it.

I can't believe Odom was laughing after that offensive foul in the last 30 seconds... :mad1: :mad1:
DJ Qube

Postby reflekt on Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:22 am

shoe wrote:after recking my entire house, im goin to sleep

night, yall

go lakers

queens still succk :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

one of the funniest posts i've read in a while.

instead of wrecking [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] in my house, i just beat the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] out my bed.

so yeah, win against the suns? ahem...eh...yeahhhhh....

if we can't stop bibby on screens, how the HELL are we supposed to stop steve nash? yeahhhhhh.....
reflekt

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:25 am

DJ Qube wrote:Did anyone catch what Odom was saying to Joey Crawford after the game? TNT mentioned he wasn't leaving the court and he might get some kind of fine for it.

I can't believe Odom was laughing after that offensive foul in the last 30 seconds... :mad1: :mad1:

Dumb SOB.. :bang: the refs wouldn't call that if Odom did not put himself in that position stupid stupid stupid... Lamar certainly destroyed any momentum this team had before this game.. up next on this back to back, Phoenix, the reason this game was a must win.. This one's on you Lamar!! When you miss the play-offs look back on this game, you idiot!!

Sorry mods, just venting.. :mad1:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby KB24 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:30 am

Whenever you allow Bibby to score 40 you´ll lose in Sacramento. Allthough Odom had that TERRIBLE and DUMB TO, we lost because we allowed them to shoot 2 threes after that. we played horrid defense. point blank.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby BoogieKnight on Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:36 am

Umm, if ODumb would've ran out the clock like he was supposed to, the Queens wouldn't have had two opportunities to shoot 2 threes. ODumbs to blame, point blank?

"You know what we are in Sacramento when it comes to Los Angeles? Whiners.
We excel at "The Crying Game."
And once again, our motto remains: We played, we lost, we b*tched about it."

By Marcos Bretón - Bee Columnist
BoogieKnight

Postby girlsfavtoy on Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:37 am

KB8@CL wrote:Whenever you allow Bibby to score 40 you´ll lose in Sacramento. Allthough Odom had that TERRIBLE and DUMB TO, we lost because we allowed them to shoot 2 threes after that. we played horrid defense. point blank.

Your right to an extent but if you looked at the clock, all we had to do was hold the ball for 24 seconds, doesn't matter if we turned it over, just for 24 seconds. Kings have no time outs with like 8secs in the game, they have to make a three. Up by 2. They foul (kobe probably), kobe makes 2, we're up by 4. Kings still have no time out, they have to make another three, foul right away, kobe to the line for another 2 (up by 3), kings would have to make another three, with no time outs.

Facts is we had this game WON. Odom decided to give the kings a freebee and we lost because of that.

Forget if we were up by 5 or 4 during that stretch, either way it doesn't make a difference.
Last edited by girlsfavtoy on Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kobe -- Only professional Athelete ever to lose to a retard.
girlsfavtoy

Postby 2BContN2004 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:40 am

Lamar, WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING!!! 32 seconds left, up by 4, you can take the clock down to about 11-10 seconds, or maybe giving it to Kobe, but that is besides the point. Hold that damn ball and the Queens would be forced to FOUL YOU not YOU FOUL THEM!!!

Like Phil has said more than once this season, this team needs to learn how to close out games. They still have a lot to learn (well, everyone but Kobe).

Trade LO? Yeah I thought that when it first happened but who would really want him? He is our Peja!!!
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things" Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
2BContN2004

Postby reflekt on Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:02 am

i guess that's what happens when we call odom our point guard, or point forward, or whatever you wanna call it. or how about smush parker? how many times are we going to see smush forget about the shot clock and pass it to kwame on the high post to do something with the ball with 2 seconds left? or how about odom go get an offensive foul, up by 4, with 30 seconds left?

i feel like i miss having a true point guard. a lot of times when we get lost in our offensive set, no one knows what to do with the ball (luke walton stand there trying to pass to someone and takes a 20 footer that clanks). if we had a real PG, he'd be our floor general and make sure those kinds of mistakes don't happen.

unfortunately, there aren't many PG that can play D, are tall/big (around smush's size) and are available.

this game is nothing but a learning experience.
reflekt

Postby Lakerfan36 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:03 am

KB8@CL wrote:Whenever you allow Bibby to score 40 you´ll lose in Sacramento. Allthough Odom had that TERRIBLE and DUMB TO, we lost because we allowed them to shoot 2 threes after that. we played horrid defense. point blank.

Not true. we could of easily won with bibby scoring 40. o yea ...we didnt because odom has the IQ of a dog.
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby Apexed on Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:06 am

2BContN2004 wrote:Lamar, WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING!!! 32 seconds left, up by 4, you can take the clock down to about 11-10 seconds, or maybe giving it to Kobe, but that is besides the point. Hold that damn ball and the Queens would be forced to FOUL YOU not YOU FOUL THEM!!!

Like Phil has said more than once this season, this team needs to learn how to close out games. They still have a lot to learn (well, everyone but Kobe).

Trade LO? Yeah I thought that when it first happened but who would really want him? He is our Peja!!!

ya Lamar screwed up, but Kwame forgetting to cover Brad Miller was what really turned the tables.
Apexed

Postby reflekt on Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:08 am

Lakerfan36 wrote:

Not true. we could of easily won with bibby scoring 40. o yea ...we didnt because odom has the IQ of a dog.

maybe odom was stoned.... that would be a logical explanation.

if that was indeed the case, i'd forgive him.
reflekt

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:14 am

Here we go with the "trade Odom" chants. Please guys. He made mental mistakes, big time. It helps us in the long run... but we should trade him right? :disagree:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby MarkMadsen on Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:19 am

this actually isnt the first time Ive noticed Odom relax when we have a lead and he makes stupid plays that either lost us the game or could of lost the game. He doesnt have a killer instinct like Kobe.
MarkMadsen

Postby girlsfavtoy on Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:31 am

What i don't get is why the kings didn't foul right away?

They had what 32-34 seconds on the clock, but they allowed the lakers to dribble the ball all the way up to front court. Did they know Odom was going to do what he did? Or is it a given that Odom is an idiot? Looks fishy to me.
Kobe -- Only professional Athelete ever to lose to a retard.
girlsfavtoy

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:03 am

Apexed wrote:
2BContN2004 wrote:Lamar, WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING!!! 32 seconds left, up by 4, you can take the clock down to about 11-10 seconds, or maybe giving it to Kobe, but that is besides the point. Hold that damn ball and the Queens would be forced to FOUL YOU not YOU FOUL THEM!!!

ya Lamar screwed up, but Kwame forgetting to cover Brad Miller was what really turned the tables.

A center taking a three? Who would have think it? Kwame is not to blame on this one. LAMAR the stupidest player on the planet is..

I never finished the OT, I knew that it was already a loss..
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:07 am

IF he would missed it...
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby lakaboy42 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:41 am

lamar and phil lost the game tonight, lamar for obvious reasons, and phil for putting in luke walton in overtime, he got burned 3 times and with him in the kings could double kobe
Out
Shaquille O'neal

In
Lamar Odom
Jordan Farmar
Pau Gasol
lakaboy42

Postby Savage1 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:01 am

lakaboy42 wrote:lamar and phil lost the game tonight, lamar for obvious reasons, and phil for putting in luke walton in overtime, he got burned 3 times and with him in the kings could double kobe

Yeah, Luke was having a horrible game, but continued to get time anyways. I would of rather seen Cook or Bynum out there rather than Luke who proved time and time again that it wasn't his night.
Savage1

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday