Thur. 2/26 vs. Queens - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:17 pm

6 1/2 hrs till gametime...
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby JSM on Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:23 pm

I will have player matchups for tonight's game, and I promise it will be earlier than last night's (2 minutes after the game started)
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby BDG on Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:18 pm

I think "Popeye" over here is out for the game tonight.

Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:23 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:I think "Popeye" over here is out for the game tonight.

Yep, he forgot to take his spinach
JSM

Postby Realm of Shadows on Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:09 pm

lakerzrule wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:They will be without Miller, Jackson, and Webber. It should be a lot easier without those guys.

True, but the Kings are still a dangerous team. Bibby and Peja are who I'm most worried about, they must be kept in check.

Bibby? You mean isn't shi+ without the screen Bibby?
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby BDG on Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:17 pm

But remember, we suck at guarding the pick and roll, not to mention smaller guards.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby DNP on Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:56 pm

GO LAKERS! Stop Peja and it'll be alright. Fox and Russell better D-up! George and Fisher, um I don't know... maybe they can come in during garbage time. GO LAKERS!
DNP

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:57 pm

lakers got this one.
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby SMUnderground on Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:23 pm

is starting line ups yet?
SMUnderground

Postby BDG on Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:25 pm

Keep in mind that after this game, we don't play at home until March 5th.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:55 pm

Phil needs to put Kobe on Peja tonight, that would shut Peja down. Fox and Russell can handle Christie
JSM

Postby Kb8theGreat on Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:10 pm

I hope the lakers arent tierd from last night and they can pull out a win.I wont be able to see tonights game bcuz i have to go somewhere so i hope they win. :jam2:
Kobe is the Future of our franchise no matter if you like it or not.
Kb8theGreat

Hope They Will Win

Postby kobebryant on Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:22 pm

Yesterday i won 12$ Today I hope i win 10$!
kobebryant

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:31 pm

okay baby i'm ready, my dad is startin the bbq, family is over, my GF just left....

LETS GO LAKESHOW!!!!!!!!!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby skillz08lakeshow on Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:34 pm

Lakers need to win period. If they can't be the depleted Kings tonight... I don't know what to say.
Fan since 1980!

WE LOVE LA... WE LOVE IT...
skillz08lakeshow

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:57 pm

I think Shaq is going to take the game in his hands tonight and have a HUGE game for us... especially after his uncharacteristic performance @ Denver.

This is a BIG game for us... A win here could prove to teams that we are for real, even if three King's players are injured. This is still a big game for us.

Let the LD2k streak improve to 6-0. :jam2:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby JSM on Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:07 pm

We should be able to win this one. They don't have Miller, Jackson, or Webber. The only player we got to watch is Peja, if we play some good defense on him, we will have a easy way to victory.

Payton/Bibby: This will be a good matchup. Payton will school him though. Payton at 35, is faster than Bibby at 26. Payton will beat him to the basket and maybe even break his ankles on a few plays. Payton has to use the fact that they only have one point guard to our advantage. Payton has to get Bibby tired, and tired early, as soon as he gets tired, then the Kings are screwed, unless Peeler is ready for some heavy minutes at the point. Gary has to watch out for the screens, I imagine they will run Divac up to the 3 point line and try and get some picks and screen for Bibby, so he can get open and try to hit a shot. Hopefully our defense is ready to rotate in this situation, or Payton could pull a Vlade and run into the screener (most likely Vlade) and get the Kings into so early foul trouble. Fisher should be able to have a good game too, he will either be playing a very tired Bibby, or an out of place Peeler.

Kobe/Christie: Even though I think Kobe should be on Peja, this will be the matchup we will see, at least for the majority of the game. Kobe has been going for 30+ points for 5 straight games, so I don't think tonight will be any different, especially with Christie on him. Christie couldn't stop Kobe if Kobe still only had one good arm. Kobe will go for another double-double. Phil likes how Kobe has been playing lately, playing team ball and stepping it up in the 4th, this will probably happen again tonight, too. Kobe will especially look to stick it to them tonight, since they are the Kings...not exactly one of our favorite teams.

Fox/Peja: Peja likes to shoot, and unless Fox and Russell play some strong D, then Peja will go off on us. I think we will have a good night against him and will be able limit his 3 point attempts. Fox probably won't score a lot, but he will get a good bit of rebounds and assists, and other things that don't show up on the stat sheet. I doubt and hope George doesn't play much tonight, he sure doesn't deserve it.

Slava/Songaila: Darius has had a few decent games recently, but Shaq hasn't been in the middle in these other games. Hopefully, Slava won't get into foul trouble and can provide us with a nice inside shooting presence. Hopefully, he won't need play much D against Songaila, since that isn't his strongest suit. Slava also needs to attack the glass, so Shaq can focus on scoring and fouling Vlade out.

Shaq/Floppy: the former Laker center against the current. Shaq will have a HUGE game tonight. He struggled against the Nuggets, and look for him to make up for it tonight, against our favorite team...the Kings. Shaq needs to focus on getting fouled on Floppy (shouldn't be too hard) and then he will have nothing stopping him from having his best game of the season. Shaq needs to take advantage of playing at home, before another long road trip, and milk this home crowd for everything they got. Look to see some more of the same Shaq we have been seeing since the All Star game, not including the Nuggets game. I think he will have a lot of fun tonight and dominate.
JSM

Postby rydjorker121 on Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:13 pm

jsm0331 wrote:Image

Slava/Songaila: Darius has had a few decent games recently, but Shaq hasn't been in the middle in these other games. Hopefully, Slava won't get into foul trouble and can provide us with a nice inside shooting presence. Hopefully, he won't need play much D against Songaila, since that isn't his strongest suit. Slava also needs to attack the glass, so Shaq can focus on scoring and fouling Vlade out.

Personally I enjoy this matchup the most...two Euros going against each other, but please don't underestimate Songaila, Wake Forest alumni have a lot of training adjusted into their games, and Songaila is another Euro, like it or not, with great knowledge of this game even though he gets into foul trouble too. But he must've learned a lot from Vlade to put up great numbers like that....

As for Slava maybe he'll draw some fouls on Darius, after all the latter man is just a rookie (be it a retarded or a smart one) and perhaps he'll have a good game. But the Kings help each other on D--and this might spoil Slava's night, a low basketball IQ who might get rejected and just have to work his way up the ladder of this game.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Realm of Shadows on Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:14 pm

Lakermagic wrote:okay baby i'm ready, my dad is startin the bbq, family is over, my GF just left....

Is she a Laker fan? :man3: (I mean if she was wouldn't you want her there to watch the game with?)
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:34 pm

realm_of_shadows wrote:
Lakermagic wrote:okay baby i'm ready, my dad is startin the bbq, family is over, my GF just left....

Is she a Laker fan? :man3: (I mean if she was wouldn't you want her there to watch the game with?)

yeah she is, but she has vball practice. idk if i would want her tho, i go kinda crazy :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:34 pm

Great matchups JSM.

I totally agree with your take On Shaquille tonight. He's going to have a HUGE game tonight - mark my words.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:43 pm

oh yeah... im callin slava will have a better night tonight.

LETS GO LAKESHOW! :jam2:

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:48 pm

Yes, Slava will most likely pick up his play tonight as well. If George gets limited minutes, I also feel he may very well pick up his game too. Like I said, limiting minutes could help him get back on track mentally.

Less than 20 minutes untill tipoff :man13:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

LaKeRz Vs QuEeNz

Postby kb84mvp on Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:50 pm

lakers vs queenz 2night ne idea who gon win??? i do tha lakers of course ....i mean c mon yall kno kobe gon drop 40 on der ^Ss
tha first meetin tha queenz won they were wit out kobe but kno hes playin n hes gon make em pay!!!! QuEeNs r GoIn DoWn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i bet yall vlade gon choke like he always do lakers got this

kb84mvp

LaKeRz Vs QuEeNz

Postby kb84mvp on Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:54 pm

lakers vs queenz 2night ne idea who gon win??? :man7: i do tha lakers of course :jam2: ....i mean c mon yall kno kobe gon drop 40 on der ^Ss :ball3:
tha first meetin tha queenz won they were wit out kobe but kno hes playin n hes gon make em pay!!!! :bang: QuEeNs r GoIn DoWn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :haterade: i bet yall vlade gon choke like he always do :bricks: lakers got this :beer: :bow:
:ball1: :phil1: :kobe1: :shaq1:
kb84mvp

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday