Thur. 2/26 vs. Queens - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby LARolePlayer on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:24 pm

o0O kb8 O0o wrote:
LARolePlayer wrote:Biggest mistake of the game was not calling that time-out... What a STUPID coaching decision...


as i and jsm said

me:
calling a timeout also lets the team set their defense...with a player like kobe on our team....who can create the way he does...we dunt really need to call a timeout to make things happen on offense....he had the shot...he just missed it

jsm:
actually everyone, that was not a bad coaching decision. Phil thought we had some momentum, he didn't want to break that and call a timeout. I mean Kobe just nailed a 3, he thought he was still hot and thought he could make it. If he called a timeout, the defense would have adjusted and we might not have been able to get the ball inbounds. I don't think Rush was ready for another buzzer beater, so it was up to Kobe. Bad refereeing, good coaching, good shot, bad no call.


We could go back and forth with this and i don't know if a time-out would change anything, but Bryant along with other Laker players hesitated after getting the rebound because they anticipated the time-out and they were not completly in an attack mode. I just think we would do better after the time-out in terms of having our mind set on the game winning shot. It's just an opinion, I don't know if a time-out would have really helped...
Role Players turn our team from being great to the GREATEST!!!
User avatar
LARolePlayer

 
Posts: 374
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2003 4:32 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Postby lakerzrule on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:24 pm

ZenMaster4President wrote:
LARolePlayer wrote:Stop the pick-n-roll balming - Jazz used it for 18 years and nobody could defend it with any efficiency - hell, Stockton got 50% of his assists ( and there are plenty of them ) on pick-n-roll.Its one of the hardest things to defend even with a mobile big men, and with Shaq its just impossible ( to any success ).


It's a hard play to defend, but it can be contained. The Jazz used it a lot, but the Bulls were still able to win and didn't let the pick-n-roll get out of hand.
lakerzrule

 
Posts: 2700
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:15 pm

Postby skillz08lakeshow on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:24 pm

I will pick Brian Cook over Slava everyday of the week. Brian Had a solid game.
Fan since 1980!

WE LOVE LA... WE LOVE IT...
User avatar
skillz08lakeshow

 
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 10:51 pm
Location: SACRAMENTO #1 LakerFan

Postby BDG on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:25 pm

BrianCook_The_Laker wrote:I know everyone is kinda mad at this loss but I wanted to ask your thought's on Brian's play tonight.. He looked good in the 3rd getting into the flow of things after a SLOW start.. Not a bad night..

Also, do you think Phil will go back to Slava starting vs Washington or stick with Brian?

:disagree:
I thought Phil should have kept Brian in. He was playing great and showed twice more heart than the rest of the Lakers' big men.

Then again, Phil never likes to show his hand to other teams. He conceals some players as secret weapons for the playoffs.
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40954
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:26 pm

Lakers Dynasty, I wouldn't say the Lakers are an injured team since they're only missing one player (actually 2 but Jamal Sampson is the 12th person on the team and last to play)

"Kings played unreal tonight and shot very effectively from the outside."

Ok, read what you just typed...isn't that called Kings basketball? That's their bread and butter.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers
 
Posts: 12195
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:43 am
Location: Buena Park, CA

Postby lakerzrule on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:28 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:The Bottom Line: Two injured teams, great players, great game. When it counted, Sac-Town made the big play. You can't take ANYTHING away from the Kings. They deserved the win. And, unfortunatly, the Lakers didn't goto Shaq AT ALL in the end. If they pass it into Shaq and allow him to dictate who gets the shots at the end, Lakers win. Simple as that. Great game, let's just leave it in the past, note our mistakes, and get ready for the Wizards on Sat.


The Kings definitely played great tonight. As I said before, I think Shaq didn't get the ball because he was missing from the line. We'll rebound from this, no worries.
lakerzrule

 
Posts: 2700
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:15 pm

Postby sn33k on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:29 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:I'll tell you what-- this is why we lost:

1. It just wasn't our night. As stupid as that sounds, it just wasn't. I've never seen a player hit that many contested three pointers. Against the Kings, it's like they can't miss. Their weakness is defense, and tonight they just were very streaky on the offensive end.

2. We can't defend the pick and roll. Someone needs to teach us how to defend it. If there was no such thing as the pick and roll we would have blown the Kings out tonight. Every play Vlade would set picks and Shaq and Fisher/Payton wouldn't know how to handle it. The result was Bibby or Peja getting a three pointer.

3. Shaq needed the ball more. Shaq was having a great game offensively and he only got 12 shots. I don't know whether he wasn't getting good position or guys just weren't passing it to him, but he needed the rock. He was getting good looks when he took shots. Although he had a great game, I thought Kobe forced a couple of shots down the stretch and he seemed frustrated with his game in the 2nd half.

4 It was a back-to-back game We all looked tired out there, especially Shaq, after having played a tough game last night in Denver. It's tough having to adjust to the jet lag and all the troubles of travel in the NBA. We looked beat up and we got beat up.

The only games that truly count are the playoffs. We will get them then like we always do.

Malone will be back soon and we can make a run at getting that #1 slot for homecourt advantage.

Blah Blah Blah... excuses, excuses excuse...

Face it, Lackers fans... the Queens(I'll use YOUR lame terminology consider you got OWNed by a team of Queens) are a BETTER TEAM.

There's a reason your squad is 5...oops is 6 games back ...
sn33k

 

Postby BDG on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:29 pm

lakerzrule wrote:
Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:The Bottom Line: Two injured teams, great players, great game. When it counted, Sac-Town made the big play. You can't take ANYTHING away from the Kings. They deserved the win. And, unfortunatly, the Lakers didn't goto Shaq AT ALL in the end. If they pass it into Shaq and allow him to dictate who gets the shots at the end, Lakers win. Simple as that. Great game, let's just leave it in the past, note our mistakes, and get ready for the Wizards on Sat.


The Kings definitely played great tonight. As I said before, I think Shaq didn't get the ball because he was missing from the line. We'll rebound from this, no worries.
When does he ever make from the line though? Regardless of that, we needed to get him the ball, because people were giving him easy shots and he was making them. 9/12 in the paint.
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40954
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby BDG on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:31 pm

sn33k wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:I'll tell you what-- this is why we lost:

1. It just wasn't our night. As stupid as that sounds, it just wasn't. I've never seen a player hit that many contested three pointers. Against the Kings, it's like they can't miss. Their weakness is defense, and tonight they just were very streaky on the offensive end.

2. We can't defend the pick and roll. Someone needs to teach us how to defend it. If there was no such thing as the pick and roll we would have blown the Kings out tonight. Every play Vlade would set picks and Shaq and Fisher/Payton wouldn't know how to handle it. The result was Bibby or Peja getting a three pointer.

3. Shaq needed the ball more. Shaq was having a great game offensively and he only got 12 shots. I don't know whether he wasn't getting good position or guys just weren't passing it to him, but he needed the rock. He was getting good looks when he took shots. Although he had a great game, I thought Kobe forced a couple of shots down the stretch and he seemed frustrated with his game in the 2nd half.

4 It was a back-to-back game We all looked tired out there, especially Shaq, after having played a tough game last night in Denver. It's tough having to adjust to the jet lag and all the troubles of travel in the NBA. We looked beat up and we got beat up.

The only games that truly count are the playoffs. We will get them then like we always do.

Malone will be back soon and we can make a run at getting that #1 slot for homecourt advantage.

Blah Blah Blah... excuses, excuses excuse...

Face it, Lackers fans... the Queens(I'll use YOUR lame terminology consider you got OWNed by a team of Queens) are a BETTER TEAM.

There's a reason your squad is 5...oops is 6 games back ...
Like I said, take your cheap shots while you can. You're a hypocrite if you don't like being called the "Queens" and you call us "Lackers."

I'm just analyzing the game and pointing out why we lost. They're not excuses. You need to look that up in the dictionary. I never took anything away from your precious Kings.
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40954
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby skillz08lakeshow on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:32 pm

Blah Blah Blah... excuses, excuses excuse...

Face it, Lackers fans... the Queens(I'll use YOUR lame terminology consider you got OWNed by a team of Queens) are a BETTER TEAM.

There's a reason your squad is 5...oops is 6 games back ...[/quote]

Kings are a better team right now. We will see if they can step up in the playoffs... Last couple of years the Lakers owned the Kings!!!!
Fan since 1980!

WE LOVE LA... WE LOVE IT...
User avatar
skillz08lakeshow

 
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 10:51 pm
Location: SACRAMENTO #1 LakerFan

Postby lakerzrule on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:32 pm

Oh, I agree that Shaq should have gotten the ball more, BDG.

sn33k wrote:Blah Blah Blah... excuses, excuses excuse...

Face it, Lackers fans... the Queens(I'll use YOUR lame terminology consider you got OWNed by a team of Queens) are a BETTER TEAM.

There's a reason your squad is 5...oops is 6 games back ...


They're reasons, not excuses. And the Kings didn't own the Lakers, unless you call beating us by two owning. As for the reason why we're back six games, injuries.
Last edited by lakerzrule on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakerzrule

 
Posts: 2700
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:15 pm

Postby LARolePlayer on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:32 pm

ZenMaster4President wrote:
LARolePlayer wrote:Biggest mistake of the game was not calling that time-out... What a STUPID coaching decision...

Pick-n-roll is KILLING us... It's hard to believe that we still don't know how to defend it, even though we know that is exactly what the other team is going to run. Just frustrating :mad1: NO DEFENSE :mad1:


Stop the pick-n-roll balming - Jazz used it for 18 years and nobody could defend it with any efficiency - hell, Stockton got 50% of his assists ( and there are plenty of them ) on pick-n-roll.Its one of the hardest things to defend even with a mobile big men, and with Shaq its just impossible ( to any success ).


I understand that's it's a tough play to defend, but we have to deal with it somehow. Giving up some points is understandable, getting KILLED is not. "It's a hard play to defend" is an excuse, we WILL have to deal with it in the playoffs.
Role Players turn our team from being great to the GREATEST!!!
User avatar
LARolePlayer

 
Posts: 374
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2003 4:32 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:32 pm

i guess it just wasn't their night, and this loss can only make them better. hopefully next time they'll find a way to defend that dude who can't keep his mouth shut (peja). have yall notice that? i mean he just cant keep his mouth shut. and that bibster. oh lord that dude errkz the hell outta me.
Image

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
User avatar
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

 
Posts: 5772
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:54 pm
Location: Maui, Hawaii

Postby NawlinsLakerFan on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:35 pm

I haven't been this pissed after a loss...since last year's playoffs. :bang: It hurts real bad. :man6:

I'm sorry I had to rant. First off, why didn't the Lakers call a timeout after they hit the 3 and got the stop? Second, I think Kobe tried a little too hard this game. And third and most important, why didn't the Lakers play any defense and let Peja and Bibby's 3s look like a layup drill?

Just wondering...I'm out...
User avatar
NawlinsLakerFan

 
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:01 pm

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:35 pm

Lakers Dynasty, I wouldn't say the Lakers are an injured team since they're only missing one player (actually 2 but Jamal Sampson is the 12th person on the team and last to play)

I would, Karl Malone is the single key-component that made us dominant in every way possible.

"Kings played unreal tonight and shot very effectively from the outside."

Ok, read what you just typed...isn't that called Kings basketball? That's their bread and butter.

Yes, but they shot EXTREMELY well from the outside tonight. Peja was unbelievable and Bibby hit the big shots down the clutch.

-----

5. Another reason we lost is because of Shaq's lack of making free throws. This may be our biggest weakness this year. Shaq needs to make his free throws - bottom line.
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby lakerzrule on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:36 pm

To Nawlins:

Of course it hurts, but we must move on. As for your questions, read the previous posts.
Last edited by lakerzrule on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakerzrule

 
Posts: 2700
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:15 pm

Postby sn33k on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:36 pm

lakerzrule wrote:.... And the Kings didn't own the Lakers, unless you call beating us by two owning...

You're right, the 20 point win on January 16...that was ownage supreme.
sn33k

 

Postby BDG on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:38 pm

sn33k wrote:
lakerzrule wrote:.... And the Kings didn't own the Lakers, unless you call beating us by two owning...

You're right, the 20 point win on January 16...that was ownage supreme.
In case you didn't notice, we didn't have Kobe, Karl or Shaq :man7: Are you that desperate to be able gloat over a win over the Lakers?

Our team was Gary Payton and a bunch of bench players.
Last edited by BDG on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40954
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby skillz08lakeshow on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:38 pm

Lakers gave it up in the 4th. Kobe was shooting to many left handed shots. Shaq did not get enough touches especially towards the end.

Peja was hot... Bibby was hot..
Fan since 1980!

WE LOVE LA... WE LOVE IT...
User avatar
skillz08lakeshow

 
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 10:51 pm
Location: SACRAMENTO #1 LakerFan

Postby lakerzrule on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:39 pm

sn33k wrote:You're right, the 20 point win on January 16...that was ownage supreme.


And the Lakers were missing how many players in that game? The first meeting with the Kings didn't even feel like a playoff, this one did.
lakerzrule

 
Posts: 2700
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:15 pm

Postby sn33k on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:44 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Like I said, take your cheap shots while you can. You're a hypocrite if you don't like being called the "Queens" and you call us "Lackers."

I never said I didn't like you calling the Sacramento Kings "Queens". It just makes things more embarrassing for Lakers fans when their "team" gets beat.

It's just incredible how Lakers fans absolutely REFUSE to admit that another NBA team BEAT the Lakers. Instead they choose to spew pure sewage about how "Shaq didn't do this", or "Kobe didn't pass the ball", or "GP couldn't guard my grandma".

For ONCE, grow a backbone show some humility and take the L with some dignity.
Last edited by sn33k on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sn33k

 

Postby KingsFan on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:45 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:
sn33k wrote:
lakerzrule wrote:.... And the Kings didn't own the Lakers, unless you call beating us by two owning...

You're right, the 20 point win on January 16...that was ownage supreme.
In case you didn't notice, we didn't have Kobe, Karl or Shaq :man7: Are you that desperate to be able gloat over a win over the Lakers?

Our team was Gary Payton and a bunch of bench players.


aye...you are right about that game...but you werent missing Kobe and Shaq today...

while we were missing Bobby, Webber and Miller...and we still won...at your home...
if anything...this should be the game to gloat over.
User avatar
KingsFan

 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:23 pm

Postby sn33k on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:45 pm

lakerzrule wrote:And the Lakers were missing how many players in that game? The first meeting with the Kings didn't even feel like a playoff, this one did.

Three.

Coincidentally, the same amount we were.
sn33k

 

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:47 pm

Look, I'm happy we only lost by two considering we didn't goto Shaq AT ALL in the last 4 minutes. He should have dictated who got the shots as the double-team approached him, he could have kicked it out.

Like I said, with all the no-brainer mistakes and bad-desicions we made tonight, which is TOTALLY uncharacteristic of us, I'm glad this game was close. We will make the proper adjustments for the next game.
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby BDG on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:48 pm

sn33k wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:Like I said, take your cheap shots while you can. You're a hypocrite if you don't like being called the "Queens" and you call us "Lackers."

I never said I didn't like you calling the Sacramento Kings "Queens". It just makes things more embarrassing for Lakers fans when they get their "team" gets beat.

It's just incredible how Lakers fans absolutely REFUSE to admit that another NBA team BEAT the Lakers. Instead they choose to spew pure sewage about how "Shaq didn't do this", or "Kobe didn't pass the ball", or "GP couldn't guard my grandma".

For ONCE, grow a backbone show some humility and take the L with some dignity.
Okay, I could say the same thing about it being embarrassing when we eliminate you guys from the playoffs since you call us "Lackers." So that's a moot point.

You're just making talk. You obviously can't realize we're just saying why we lost. Yes, there ARE reasons why a team loses. :man7: Your argument makes no sense.

How is this not taking a loss with dignity. You're such a hypocrite. Kings fans in particular are KNOWN for whining and blaming losses on officiating. THAT'S not taking a loss with dignity and it shows no "backbone" as you say. We're blaming this loss on our players. You obviously need to re-read these posts, because you're not getting the point.
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40954
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.