Thur. 2/26 vs. Queens - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:49 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:I would, Karl Malone is the single key-component that made us dominant in every way possible.

Maybe, but no where near as valuable as Webber, Miller, and Jackson.

Yes, but they shot EXTREMELY well from the outside tonight. Peja was unbelievable and Bibby hit the big shots down the clutch.

Maybe that's why Peja is an MVP candidate and averages 25 points per game so getting 37 against one of the worst perimeter defense teams is no suprise to me.

5. Another reason we lost is because of Shaq's lack of making free throws. This may be our biggest weakness this year. Shaq needs to make his free throws - bottom line.

This shouldnt even come as an excuse, game wasn't even supposed to come down to the wire with their skeleton roster.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby BDG on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:50 pm

KingsFan wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:
sn33k wrote:
lakerzrule wrote:.... And the Kings didn't own the Lakers, unless you call beating us by two owning...

You're right, the 20 point win on January 16...that was ownage supreme.
In case you didn't notice, we didn't have Kobe, Karl or Shaq :man7: Are you that desperate to be able gloat over a win over the Lakers?

Our team was Gary Payton and a bunch of bench players.

aye...you are right about that game...but you werent missing Kobe and Shaq today...

while we were missing Bobby, Webber and Miller...and we still won...at your home...
if anything...this should be the game to gloat over.
No, I was referring to that other game back in January. Gloat over this game all you want-- you beat us with a depleted roster tonight and your boys played their hearts out. I've never seen a guy be such an accurate shooter as Peja. sn33k is saying some things that don't make sense at all.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby KingsFan in LA on Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:05 am

Just got home from the game. What a game. Peja was unstoppable. Lakers seemed like they had no energy tonight. Like when the ball was rolling on the floor next to shaq and peja just ran over and picked it up.
KingsFan in LA

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:07 am

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Gloat over this game all you want-- you beat us with a depleted roster tonight and your boys played their hearts out. I've never seen a guy be such an accurate shooter as Peja. sn33k is saying some things that don't make sense at all.

Uhhh...you know what im not even going to respond to this i just can't believe you said that. im sure if kings only had songolia on their roster we'd be the ones with the depleted roster too right?
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby BDG on Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:07 am

KingsFan in LA wrote:Just got home from the game. What a game. Peja was unstoppable. Lakers seemed like they had no energy tonight. Like when the ball was rolling on the floor next to shaq and peja just ran over and picked it up.
I noticed that too. It might be from playing back to backs at Denver. The only guys that showed true hustle were Brian Cook and Devean George. Peja was just unstoppable tonight. He really has elevated his game.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:09 am

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:Gloat over this game all you want-- you beat us with a depleted roster tonight and your boys played their hearts out. I've never seen a guy be such an accurate shooter as Peja. sn33k is saying some things that don't make sense at all.

Uhhh...you know what im not even going to respond to this i just can't believe you said that. im sure if kings only had songolia on their roster we'd be the ones with the depleted roster too right?
What are you talking about? They're down Webber, Jackson and Miller. We shouldn't have lost the game. What are you getting at?

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:09 am

yay, back to back is now a part of our repertoire of excuses. how many is that now? 20?
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby BDG on Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:10 am

Oh, I think you misinterpreted me-- I meant the KINGS had a depleted roster. :man10:

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:10 am

BryantDunkGiant wrote:The only guys that showed true hustle were Brian Cook and Devean George.

Come on...how can you forget Luke. He didn't get any assists, but he gave it all he got out there in the 4th, which is more than I can say for some of the Lakers.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby BDG on Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:11 am

Allright, I forgot Luke. He played some good D in those crucial minutes.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:11 am

BDG, you're calling the Lakers the depleted roster when we're only missing Karl Malone...one guy! Kings are missing two all-stars and sixth man of the year who also torches the Lakers every time they play.
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby BDG on Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:11 am

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:BDG, you're calling the Lakers the depleted roster when we're only missing Karl Malone...one guy! Kings are missing two all-stars and sixth man of the year who also torches the Lakers every time they play.
You're not getting it-- I'm saying the KINGS have a depleted roster! Read my posts above :man7:

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:17 am

BryantDunkGiant wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:BDG, you're calling the Lakers the depleted roster when we're only missing Karl Malone...one guy! Kings are missing two all-stars and sixth man of the year who also torches the Lakers every time they play.
You're not getting it-- I'm saying the KINGS have a depleted roster! Read my posts above :man7:

"Gloat over this game all you want-- you beat us with a depleted roster"

Next time use clear references buddy, your pronoun refers to an antecedent that was suggested, but not expressed. How am I supposed to know us = kings or lakers? :man7: :man7: :man7:

Think about it, "you beat us with a depleted roster" can go both ways.
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby lakerzrule on Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:18 am

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:yay, back to back is now a part of our repertoire of excuses. how many is that now? 20?

Reasons. Someone lock this thread soon.
lakerzrule

Postby BDG on Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:19 am

Whatever, there's no sense in arguing with you about grammar. I couldn't care less.

It makes perfect sense and it was pretty obvious who had more injuries. Everyone else seemed to get it.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:19 am

lakerzrule wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:yay, back to back is now a part of our repertoire of excuses. how many is that now? 20?

Reasons. Someone lock this thread soon.

how is that different from an excuse?
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby BDG on Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:20 am

Reasons have logic behind them.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby nosebleedbum on Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:24 am

After getting 3 minutes last night, Devean better be hustling. Still the SF position got lit up again. Carmello 35 and Peja 37 tonight. Something needs fixing.

In games like this we can't have guys not stepping up. Fox and fish were dead weights tonight.
nosebleedbum

Postby KingsFan in LA on Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:28 am

I was really surpised as many other laker fans that christie burnt kobe on 3 possessions.
KingsFan in LA

Postby BDG on Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:13 am

He only burnt Kobe once-- twice Kobe was forcing Doug baseline, but got no help at all from the post defenders.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby UsC/LaKeRs on Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:48 am

definetly a missed chance by the Lakers to make a statement in the West...tsk tsk..would;ve moved them into 3rd place...bad decision making in the end cost us this game...we couldn't even beat the Kings w/o C-Webb and Brad Miller..err...still confident in my Lakers to come back with a vengence :mad1: *
UsC/LaKeRs

Postby DNP on Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:24 am

shaq didn't feel like playing again huh? gp was out of the game too. man, these damn point guards are getting richer and richer when they play the lakers. the queens only got 2 scorers and lakers still got beat at HOME! terrible...
DNP

Postby Bow to the kings on Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:34 am

Good predicitions Faker fans. " this game will be easy" "Fox will shut down Peja" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA You can't stop us anymore. Peja and Bibby straight owned you and once we get our full team back it won't even be a contest. Here's to the past Faker fans because that's about all you got anymore. You and Bulls fans can sit around for years to come and talk about how good you used to be.
Bow to the kings

Postby Realm of Shadows on Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:45 pm

Bow to the kings wrote:Good predicitions Faker fans. " this game will be easy" "Fox will shut down Peja" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA You can't stop us anymore. Peja and Bibby straight owned you and once we get our full team back it won't even be a contest. Here's to the past Faker fans because that's about all you got anymore. You and Bulls fans can sit around for years to come and talk about how good you used to be.

Fans like you make all fans look bad. If the Lakers won you'd be making excuses for your team. You show up when your team is good and when they suck as.. or when we eliminate em in the post-season you disappear until the next season. You live under a rock and bother people when you claim to be a fan when your time just happens to be doing well, get a life.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby Bow to the kings on Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:24 pm

realm_of_shadows wrote:
Bow to the kings wrote:Good predicitions Faker fans. " this game will be easy" "Fox will shut down Peja" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA You can't stop us anymore. Peja and Bibby straight owned you and once we get our full team back it won't even be a contest. Here's to the past Faker fans because that's about all you got anymore. You and Bulls fans can sit around for years to come and talk about how good you used to be.

Fans like you make all fans look bad. If the Lakers won you'd be making excuses for your team. You show up when your team is good and when they suck as.. or when we eliminate em in the post-season you disappear until the next season. You live under a rock and bother people when you claim to be a fan when your time just happens to be doing well, get a life.

You need to check your ignorant a**. I've had season tickets since they came to Sac in 85, and sat through the years when we were lucky to win 30 games. I am a true fan because I've claimed to be a Kings fan since I was old enough to know what basketball was. My young heroes were crappy players like Reggie theus, Joe Klein, Kenny Smith, Otis Thorpe. We'll see how many true faker fans there are after this season when all your left with is G.P. and talk of we beat you three years ago in the playoffs. L.A. is what makes fans look bad: When stadiums empty like the Staple center in the third quarter and the only fans at the game are the rich and famous because they want to be seen, A giants fan gets shot in the parking lot after the Dodgers lose, A star player for the team is accused of rape and the town rallies around him with a standing ovation his first game back. So once again it's fans like you that make fans look bad. Fans like me who sweated through many losing years and finally are rewarded with a championship caliber team are what's right about being a fan. L.A. doesn't know what that's about, but they will soon. You guys all talk about eliminating us in the postseason, but that didn't happen last year nor did you win a ring. You're talkin about two years ago, and a lot has changed since then. Some for the better( the kings) some for the worse(Fakers). You guys went and bought up the senior citizen Nba washups while the kings got young talent. I was on this site before the game was ever played and you faker fans were the one's saying "I want you to show up here after we beat you Thursday." So don't talk about showing up now. You want to talk about this year, Bring it, but I don't want to hear about two years ago or beyond. The only year you get a ring for is the year you win it , and correct me if I'm wrong but you're not the defending champs of anything.
Bow to the kings

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday