Thur. 12/25 vs. Rockets - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Scoopaa on Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:11 pm

:mad1: I JUST DON'T GET IT!!! I'M BAFFLED!!! I HAVE NO WORDS....JUST TEARS!! :man6:
"Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt..."

Robert De Niro...'Ronin'
User avatar
Scoopaa

 
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:57 pm
Location: So.Cali.

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:12 pm

FoldedSpace wrote:Looks like coal in Laker fans stockings tonight.....

Yeah, tell me about it... :mad1:
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby 4Rings on Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:12 pm

Where was the defense tonight?? Houston is not all that tight to be putting in threes and such. For god sakes they average 86 points a game and the Lakers let them score 99. Pick and roll is killing L.A. Shaq has to understand that the rest of the so-called centers in the West aren't like him and they like to be out there in the perimeter and be cute with the ball. He has to come out and defend that mess. The Lakers better get with the program now and fast. Is there a reason Slava Medvedenko was not passing the ball and shooting at every opportunity instead of working within the offense?? Oyvey! Merry Christmas!
If we are all thinking alike, then nobody is thinking!
User avatar
4Rings

 
Posts: 1459
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:48 pm
Location: Long Bizzle

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:13 pm

guys u all might be thinkin "i thot fabfour would bring luck to tha lakers since he went to tha game"...but it turns out that there is more to life than jus basketball and tha lakers....

on tha way to tha laker game, it was bout 3:45, me and my brother had jus pikced up some carls jr, and as u all know tha weather was pretty bad, raining like no other, we were on tha 241 north goin towards riverside and we were gonna merge onto tha I-5 from there, as we passed tha toll plaza, this yellow flash WARNING signal kept comin up in our car, and we were drivin my mom's bmw, and our car was sliding alil bit, my brother got scared and said we should be cautious, and I, bein stupid, said oh its prolly nothin...turns out tha yellow warning sign flashed again and my brother lost control of tha car and we spun out and went from tha extreme left lane to tha very right and hit tha barracade VERY hard and thats when my life flashed in front of me...luckily me and my brother were both wearin seatbelts...we quickly got outta tha car, got all of our stuff, and ppl pulled over to help, called tha cops, called a towing service, and called up some family friends(parents are outta town)...

we finally got off tha toll road after 2 hrs of waitin for tha towing car...and we went to our family friends house to watch tha lakers lose...

if i had to pick out tha worst day of 2003, it would be today, CHRISTMAS...i dont even care that tha lakers lost, im jus glad to be alive
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Postby Tamali11 on Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:18 pm

All I want to know is why didn't Phill put Luke Walton in the game? He could of been a big help for the the laker in the 4th quarter just like on Sunday! The Laker had a big problem w/ D and Walton could of been a big help w/ that.
Derek Fisher's #1 Fan
User avatar
Tamali11

 
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:56 pm
Location: Fontana,CA

Postby LeXiCoN on Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:24 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:on tha way to tha laker game, it was bout 3:45, me and my brother had jus pikced up some carls jr, and as u all know tha weather was pretty bad, raining like no other, we were on tha 241 north goin towards riverside and we were gonna merge onto tha I-5 from there, as we passed tha toll plaza, this yellow flash WARNING signal kept comin up in our car, and we were drivin my mom's bmw, and our car was sliding alil bit, my brother got scared and said we should be cautious, and I, bein stupid, said oh its prolly nothin...turns out tha yellow warning sign flashed again and my brother lost control of tha car and we spun out and went from tha extreme left lane to tha very right and hit tha barracade VERY hard and thats when my life flashed in front of me...luckily me and my brother were both wearin seatbelts...we quickly got outta tha car, got all of our stuff, and ppl pulled over to help, called tha cops, called a towing service, and called up some family friends(parents are outta town)...

we finally got off tha toll road after 2 hrs of waitin for tha towing car...and we went to our family friends house to watch tha lakers lose...

if i had to pick out tha worst day of 2003, it would be today, CHRISTMAS...i dont even care that tha lakers lost, im jus glad to be alive


damn yo....glad your okay...who cares if the lakers lost...at least we didnt lose a valuable member to the club

sorry to hear about that man

hope your okay
User avatar
LeXiCoN

 
Posts: 557
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:06 pm

Postby lakerzrule on Thu Dec 25, 2003 11:14 pm

Fab, glad you're still with us! :jam2: I still care a little about the loss, though. :man13:

Once again, the Lakers didn't give it their all and lost to an "average" team. Sure, maybe Yao has improved some since last season, but Shaq didn't come out on him and let him take some easy shots. Without Karl, we weren't able to defend the pick-and-roll as well, so Francis and Mobley scored a bunch. The Rockets brought more energy tonight, and the Lakers didn't match that. Another two-game losing streak, and another loss in our home building. This has got to stop! :bang: :mad1:
lakerzrule

 
Posts: 2700
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:15 pm

Postby LakersPride on Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:51 am

I know this is cliche, but WE AINT WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

I can tell already. Our heart isnt in it. The only person that seemes to care is Karl.

If Gary gave up so much money to come to L.A to win a championship, why doesn't he start playing like a all-star caliber player.

He has really dissapointed me.

No one from the Lakers seems to even care.

Kobe's head or heart isnt ever in the game cause of his legal troubles, and I aint blamin him, but he has been playing way too passive. He doesnt take over the game like he used to. Every time the Lakers went down the floor, I yelled "give it to KOBE," but they rarley did. That got on my nerves.

Im sick of the Lakers lack of effort. I really don't think its our year.
Image

LAKERS REBUILDING PROCESS, TOO LONG FOR MY TASTE!!!
User avatar
LakersPride

 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:57 pm
Location: Glendale CA

Postby PiEdIe on Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:20 pm

t lakers are just chilling, waiting till the last moth and playoffs, theyre taking it ease


(optimistic no?)
PiEdIe

 

Postby BDG on Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:32 pm

First off, I want to say I'm glad you're okay F4L.

Second off, last night proved something-- we need to let Kobe loose. I have a feeling either Phil or Shaq is holding KB8 back and telling him to pass it to Shaq.

This just proved that we're much more effective when we run our offense through Kobe. Take a look at this: we played the first quarter bad, and we were running it through Shaq. Then we played a good 2nd and a GREAT 3rd quarter-- both when we had an agressive Kobe Bryant who was running the offense. Of course, we blew it and played a terrible 4th quarter, and guess who was controlling the offense-- Shaq.

This proves that KOBE, not Shaq is our key to winning the title this year. Everyone is crying that we don't have a bench or any role players, but it just looks like that because we're not using them. When Kobe was in the game, George, Fisher, Russell and everybody was hitting their shots. This is because Kobe isn't just a scorer, he's a CREATOR on the floor, which many people fail to realize.

When Kobe is running the offense, the ball is moving and flowing perfectly, just like it should. However, when we feed it into Shaq every time, which is why we've been losing the past week, it slows up the game too much and players get out of rhythm. Sure it frees up players on the perimeter, but will Shaq ever pass it out when he's triple-teamed? No.

We need to RUN. That's why we were winning-- because of transition offense. If Gary isn't pushing the ball and we keep feeding it to Shaq EVERY play with no variety, you might as well kiss this championship goodbye.

We're showing no effort and I can't wait until Malone gets back so he can give his 110% every night. The type of effort that wins ballgames.
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40952
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby soniclude on Fri Dec 26, 2003 3:46 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:When Kobe is running the offense, the ball is moving and flowing perfectly, just like it should. However, when we feed it into Shaq every time, which is why we've been losing the past week, it slows up the game too much and players get out of rhythm. Sure it frees up players on the perimeter, but will Shaq ever pass it out when he's triple-teamed? No.

We need to RUN. That's why we were winning-- because of transition offense. If Gary isn't pushing the ball and we keep feeding it to Shaq EVERY play with no variety, you might as well kiss this championship goodbye.

We're showing no effort and I can't wait until Malone gets back so he can give his 110% every night. The type of effort that wins ballgames.
Well said, I totally agree. People said we were moving the ball around TOO much in the early games, but that seems like a distant memory after watching the Lakers pass the ball once or twice and settling for a contested shot every time down the floor. No wonder we hit a season low on shooting percentage at a paltry 37%.

I say, bring back the fluid passing that knocks defenses flat on their feet. With the ball moving around through great passers like our 4 HOFs, the opposition will be so busy trying to keep up that Shaq can get into position, Kobe can cut through the lane, Payton can penetrate and kick out to the open shooter, Malone can set high post screens, and D George and the rest of the role players can get easy shots... everything just works out so much better when the ball moves around.

Watch the Lakers play. Guaranteed, if they run through GP and Kobe, they'll move the ball around more, and they'll be getting good looks every time down the floor.
ImageImage
User avatar
soniclude

 
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:09 am
Location: LA

Postby señorita on Fri Dec 26, 2003 6:57 pm

maybe you just cant win a christmas game at home... :man5: lakers didnt win the christmas game at home, kings didnt win christmas at home.. :man5: i dunno why im making up excuses, this was just too sad.. its just terrible... thats why im looking for how many excuses but the real excuse is that our defense is bad and were pretty much a bad team right now... i hope we can overcome this.. i know we will.. cmon we have no reason why we cant be champs this year. four hall of famers, its just a great lineup. but we gotta get our act together right now. its still early but if you wanna win you have to be a great team all season round, not just towards the end.
User avatar
señorita

 
Posts: 1694
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:21 pm
Location: Sack of Tomatoes

Postby I Support #8 on Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:00 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:First off, I want to say I'm glad you're okay F4L.

Second off, last night proved something-- we need to let Kobe loose. I have a feeling either Phil or Shaq is holding KB8 back and telling him to pass it to Shaq.

This just proved that we're much more effective when we run our offense through Kobe. Take a look at this: we played the first quarter bad, and we were running it through Shaq. Then we played a good 2nd and a GREAT 3rd quarter-- both when we had an agressive Kobe Bryant who was running the offense. Of course, we blew it and played a terrible 4th quarter, and guess who was controlling the offense-- Shaq.

This proves that KOBE, not Shaq is our key to winning the title this year. Everyone is crying that we don't have a bench or any role players, but it just looks like that because we're not using them. When Kobe was in the game, George, Fisher, Russell and everybody was hitting their shots. This is because Kobe isn't just a scorer, he's a CREATOR on the floor, which many people fail to realize.

When Kobe is running the offense, the ball is moving and flowing perfectly, just like it should. However, when we feed it into Shaq every time, which is why we've been losing the past week, it slows up the game too much and players get out of rhythm. Sure it frees up players on the perimeter, but will Shaq ever pass it out when he's triple-teamed? No.

We need to RUN. That's why we were winning-- because of transition offense. If Gary isn't pushing the ball and we keep feeding it to Shaq EVERY play with no variety, you might as well kiss this championship goodbye.

We're showing no effort and I can't wait until Malone gets back so he can give his 110% every night. The type of effort that wins ballgames.


I couldn't agree with you more either! Now, I'm not going to sit here and act like I know the perfect solution of turning the Lakers around, or act like I'm even remotely close to being a real coach, but I do have common sense and 20/20 vision which is enough to realize some simples facts! I love the Lakers to death, but what you're saying is totally true! I've watched over and over again as almost on each trip down, Shaq takes the ball and gets triple-teamed or worse and instead of kicking it out, almost always tries to throw up some stupid shot in hopes of it either going it, him getting fouled, or both and that's all he does. I'm not a Shaq hater or anything, but it's the truth. Also, just as you mentioned, on the majority of possessions, instead of moving, we dribble, stop, and look for someone to pass to without penetrating or anything. Whatever the problem is through, I hope the Lakers get a hold of things fast and honestly, maybe it's best that they do lose for now and go ahead and hit #11. At least then, all this hype and pressure of beating the Bulls record can be lifted from their shoulders (if they're even worrying or thinking about that anyway.)

PS: Glad to hear you're alright Fab!
User avatar
I Support #8

 
Posts: 742
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:22 am
Location: Orange County, CA

Postby BDG on Sat Dec 27, 2003 1:00 am

Thank you, I'm glad you all agree with me. We need to move the ball around and play championship-quality defense. It may just be a case of boredom right now.
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40952
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Previous

Return to Lakers Game Tonight

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.