5:30 pm
TV: ABC
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
Recap - http://www.nba.com/games/20031225/HOULAL/recap.html
Box Score - http://www.nba.com/games/20031225/HOULAL/boxscore.html

Rockets - 99
Lakers - 87

Lakers Socked by Rockets
The Lakers fell behind early and though they came back from a 13-point halftime deficit to forge a tie late in the third quarter, it wasn't enough in a 99-87 loss to the Rockets on Thursday night. Kobe Bryant scored 23 points to lead Los Angeles and Shaquille O'Neal added 22.

Post your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Realm of Shadows on Wed Dec 24, 2003 6:23 pm

I wann say win but :bang: no Malone and we've been slumping. However it is on our court and Shaq looks to dominate after being outplayed by that two cent center who'se name I can't even remember (I don't waste time trying to remember trash players). Kobe will have bad selection as ALWAYS. Fisher will be mediocre. I hope Bryon steps up and I hope we can pull out a win.

Anyone else notice that we lost in the fourth against Phoenix and Denver but still win. Then finally outscore a team in the fourth and then lose? (GS)
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Dec 24, 2003 6:42 pm

Yao Ming is playing pretty well right now, I can't wait to see him and Shaq go at it. I have always loved Ming's attitude towards Shaq because he respects him and goes at him hard...

It's going to be a good game, stopping Francis is the key. If we can [try to] contain him, we'll be in good shape. Let's go Lakers, don't ruin my Christmas this year!

:man10:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:44 pm

guys, u have some luck on ur side, cuz I WILL BE AT THAT GAME! my record when goin to LAKER GAMES is 15-2(we lost to minnesota in game 3, and then tha lakers FIRST GAME against Yao Ming and tha rockets W/O shaq)....

i feel we can beat this team...we will respond to this loss, and i think Shaq will take tha yao/shaq III hype thingy very seriously and DOMINATE
FabFourLakers

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:49 pm

You're going to the game? Lucky guy you! Have fun man... I hope Shaq takes this thing into his own hands. I mean this could be good for the team, all the spotlights will be on Shaq so maybe this will give him some motivation and inspiration to perform at his best....

We'll see, like last year, I predict Shaq to make Yao his "[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]" :man9:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Shaq Fan on Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:57 pm

I say:

Lakers: 107

Rockets: 88

Shaq will have a big game...38pts. 19rebs. 4blks.

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby BDG on Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:58 pm

There's no way Shaq will get 19 rebounds down low, or 38 points. He's been very lazy recently.

I'd look for him to have a big game but not put up big numbers. He's gonna play solid defense tomorrow-- he better.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Realm of Shadows on Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:24 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote: .....I predict Shaq to make Yao his "[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]" :man9:

More like beattchhhhh!!!! :man10:
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby señorita on Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:46 pm

please lakers! let it be a christmas gift to your fans!!!
señorita

Postby soniclude on Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:59 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:guys, u have some luck on ur side, cuz I WILL BE AT THAT GAME! my record when goin to LAKER GAMES is 15-2(we lost to minnesota in game 3, and then tha lakers FIRST GAME against Yao Ming and tha rockets W/O shaq)....

i feel we can beat this team...we will respond to this loss, and i think Shaq will take tha yao/shaq III hype thingy very seriously and DOMINATE
You've been to 17 Lakers games?! :man4:

I hate you. :man12:
ImageImage
soniclude

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:09 pm

soniclude wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:guys, u have some luck on ur side, cuz I WILL BE AT THAT GAME! my record when goin to LAKER GAMES is 15-2(we lost to minnesota in game 3, and then tha lakers FIRST GAME against Yao Ming and tha rockets W/O shaq)....

I have been blessed to have been able to have the chance to attend more than 100 Laker games at the age of only 17. My father has been the best dad to me he could ever be and I appreciate all the hardwork he has done to get us tickets...

Some of the games I will never forget:

1. Skybox seating in 2000 W.C.F.'s -- Game 7
2. 3rd Row seats fouline extended - 02 WCF's -- Game 4 (Horry's Shot) [You can actually see me on the regular camera angle, I'm wearing the yellow shirt with the white hat!]
3. 1st Row of chairs (not actual arena seating) DIRECTLY behind the Laker's bench. I was so close I could reach over and touch the players!

I have been blessed and I think I've done a pretty good job showing my appreciation for Lakers and life itself within this site. I try my best to be the best informative member I can be here at ClubLakers... But when it comes down to it, I couldn't ever show my true appreciation to my dad for always doing the great things for me...

Anyways, have fun at the game :jam2:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:25 pm

Here's an interesting article I thought to be very accurate...

Yao growing better but still has way to go to catch Lakers' O'Neal
Yao-Shaq III plays on ABC's Christmas Day telecast (8:30 p.m. ET) with the Houston Rockets 7-6 center once again looking up to 7-1 Shaquille O'Neal of the Los Angeles Lakers.

In their celebrated first head-to-head last season, Yao blocked O'Neal's first two shots, but Shaq dominated both games. Both big men came back this season in better shape, but put away the measuring stick.

"It's not about Yao," Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy says of Thursday's matchup. "Yao is doing fine. That guy (O'Neal) is in a totally different physical world. O'Neal is the one guy who distorts every game he plays in. He distorts your defense. He gets guys in foul trouble. There is a lot of separation between him and the next guy."
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby wongy on Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:12 am

:man4: hey LD 2000, you're only 17?!!! Jesus!! How did you get to be the forum manager so soon?? :man4:
"Stu" should be the man...
wongy

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:46 am

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:
soniclude wrote:

I have been blessed to have been able to have the chance to attend more than 100 Laker games at the age of only 17. My father has been the best dad to me he could ever be and I appreciate all the hardwork he has done to get us tickets...

Some of the games I will never forget:

1. Skybox seating in 2000 W.C.F.'s -- Game 7
2. 3rd Row seats fouline extended - 02 WCF's -- Game 4 (Horry's Shot) [You can actually see me on the regular camera angle, I'm wearing the yellow shirt with the white hat!]
3. 1st Row of chairs (not actual arena seating) DIRECTLY behind the Laker's bench. I was so close I could reach over and touch the players!

I have been blessed and I think I've done a pretty good job showing my appreciation for Lakers and life itself within this site. I try my best to be the best informative member I can be here at ClubLakers... But when it comes down to it, I couldn't ever show my true appreciation to my dad for always doing the great things for me...

Anyways, have fun at the game :jam2:

YOU WERE AT GAME 4 AGAINST SACRAMENTO IN THA 2002 WCF?! SO WAS I! i was behind tha basket, section 116, row B, seats 4 and 5...man i can jus remember tha FRUSTRATION that surrounded me...all of us laker fans were SOOO upset when were down by 24!!! and when horry hit that [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]...i can only remember hitting about 5 ppl around me but they didnt feel anything, and my drink spilt all over my brother...but he didnt even care! man that was one hell of a game...

anyway guys i need help with a sign...someone gave me an idea of "Rockets will be BLOWN OUT of LA" or sumthin to do with ABC....someone have any brilliant ideas?

yes LD i have also been blessed with a father that cares about me and laker games...but he only takes me based on how im doin in school...so u can only guess how im doin this year if my frist game of tha season is tommorow! i DID go to a preseason game, but my first regular season game will be tommorow...

i get about 6-8 games each season(not including playoffs), and we get one ticket per playoff series depending on how far we go(tha first year we got these tickets was in our 3 peat year, when we beat NJ in tha finals)...so hopefully we make it to tha finals this year!
FabFourLakers

Postby @ on Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:37 am

señorita wrote:please lakers! let it be a christmas gift to your fans!!!

yeah... :jam2: YAO VS SHAQ :boxing1: = :shaq: vs :shaq: = SHAQ > Yao

LAKERS 105

Rockets 101
@

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Dec 25, 2003 8:53 am

wongy wrote::man4: hey LD 2000, you're only 17?!!! Jesus!! How did you get to be the forum manager so soon?? :man4:

Dedication, passion, and my will to want to help this website grow in all areas possible. I started off as one of the originally 6 writers. Then I helped clublakers with some forum issues, and in due time, he gave me the title.

ClubLakers has def. grown since I first got here, from hundreds to thousands...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersPride on Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:58 pm

I would have said the Lakers would win this, but they have sucked sooooo badly lateley, i say the rockets will win by 10.

LAKERS REBUILDING PROCESS, TOO LONG FOR MY TASTE!!!
LakersPride

Postby lakerzrule on Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:19 pm

I believe the Lakers will win, but I won't predict the score, since the team has been rather unpredictable lately. It'll probably be a close game unless our starters play hard, and without Karl, that's pretty unlikely. :man5:
lakerzrule

Postby LakersPride on Thu Dec 25, 2003 7:01 pm

Told u guys they would lose. I don't even think they are gonna get past the second round of the playoffs (like last year), from the way they are playing right now. Its getting prettey bad, and im getting prettey pissed.

LAKERS REBUILDING PROCESS, TOO LONG FOR MY TASTE!!!
LakersPride

Postby lakerzrule on Thu Dec 25, 2003 7:21 pm

The Lakers can still win, but they'll need to make some major runs during the second half. Right now the Rockets are more energetic! Shaq's not coming out on Yao, and Francis and Mobley are killing us on pick-and-rolls. We need to match their intensity and play better defense! :man7:
lakerzrule

Postby lakerzrule on Thu Dec 25, 2003 7:38 pm

They've cut it to 3! Now let's see if the momentum can be sustained.
lakerzrule

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Dec 25, 2003 8:31 pm

Phil puts in Rush who has sat most of the game near the end???

Why?!

Where is Russel?
Where is Walton???

I just don't get it... :man7:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Tamali11 on Thu Dec 25, 2003 8:58 pm

I can't believe the lakers lost nooooooooooooooo! :man6: At the end of the 4th quarter they didn't make any FG for like the last 5 mins. of the game! :man2:
Derek Fisher's #1 Fan
Tamali11

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:06 pm

:nono2: I'm not even going to say it...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby FoldedSpace on Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:09 pm

Looks like coal in Laker fans stockings tonight.....
FoldedSpace

Next

Return to Lakers Gameday