Thur. 4/01 vs. Rockets - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby kobe4life08 on Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:25 am

Kobe is not playing today... :bang: :bang: :bang: Just heard on SportsCenter
User avatar
kobe4life08

 
Posts: 758
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:06 pm
Location: LA, California

Postby TXLAKERFAN on Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:43 am

Do you have a link or is that an April fools.
<a><img></a>
Image
User avatar
TXLAKERFAN

 
Posts: 10760
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:20 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby queen_hater on Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:53 am

i see lakers playing the D they have been displaying of late and eventually wearing down the rockets. as long as mobley and franchise are contained no way we can lose. whatever yao does, shaq will more than make up for.

SHAQ MDE
Image

this is how a 4 time nba champ gets it done
User avatar
queen_hater

 
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:34 am
Location: LA baby!!!!!

Postby LakersBaller on Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:08 am

I hope Dallas will kick queens a$$-no doubt.
LAL will turn the game with Rockets into simple blowout :boxing1:
User avatar
LakersBaller

 
Posts: 194
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:09 am

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:08 am

Kobe IS playing today. Don't play April Fool's Jokes please.

Also, I'm logging in from Pasadena, I'm attending the game tonight so I won't be able to update gameday untill tommorow! It's going to be a blast.
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby DIESEL on Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:12 am

DIESEL WILL DOMINATE YAO I HOPE WE WIN AT LEAST BY 10

LETS GO FOR THE 1ST SEED :jam2:
KOBE BRYANT = MVP
User avatar
DIESEL

 
Posts: 608
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:09 pm
Location: Chile

Postby DIESEL on Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:15 am

ANYBODY KNOWS IF IT WILL BE RUSSELL OR COOK HOW IS GOING TO BE OUT OF THE TEAM FOR THE PLAYOFFS?????????????
KOBE BRYANT = MVP
User avatar
DIESEL

 
Posts: 608
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:09 pm
Location: Chile

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:25 am

DIESEL wrote:ANYBODY KNOWS IF IT WILL BE RUSSELL OR COOK HOW IS GOING TO BE OUT OF THE TEAM FOR THE PLAYOFFS?????????????

No news yet. When are the playoff rosters supposed to be in by? Does anybody know?
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:51 am

A year ago, after he'd put 39 points on the Houston Rockets, Shaquille O'Neal pulled a reporter close and said, "Now, I don't want to hear any more questions about Yao Ming."

As if that were that.

Nearly two years into it, the Rockets are 4-3 against the Lakers in the Yao era, and Yao is averaging 20 points and nearly 10 rebounds in the series. In the five games in which O'Neal was on the floor, the Rockets have won three, and Yao's numbers have fallen only slightly.


http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lak ... nes-sports
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby Shobe on Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:47 am

you guys also have to factor in Karl, He has not played in any games this year vs the rockets. So now they have to honor his presence and defense, which in turn will probably open up more shots for Kobe, and Shaq down in the post and on the perimeter. And the barely beat us then, so now we have all four of of guys. I say close throughout, unless Lakers play extremely hard defense like against the kings.

Lakers 100
Rockets 97
User avatar
Shobe

 
Posts: 2408
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:27 pm

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:07 pm

EWING RETURNING TONIGHT?

ClutchFans.Net: The New York Knickification of the Houston Rockets is continuing, and it's starting to reach the bizarre. Two sources confirmed to ClutchFans this morning that the Rockets are set to activate assistant coach and former NBA legend Patrick Ewing today before their matchup with the Lakers.

The team announced later this morning that Ewing in fact is returning. "Kelvin [Cato] is going to be out for a while, longer than anticipated," said one source. "This is only temporary, but Pat has practiced with the team all year. Can he stop Shaq? No, but ten minutes a night he can give us."
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:10 pm

Make not on the Ewing story, that up to this point, there are NO other confirmed sources regarding his return. This MAY be an April Fool's joke.

jsm and myself will keep you updated on any updated news regarding this speculation.
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:11 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:EWING RETURNING TONIGHT?

ClutchFans.Net: The New York Knickification of the Houston Rockets is continuing, and it's starting to reach the bizarre. Two sources confirmed to ClutchFans this morning that the Rockets are set to activate assistant coach and former NBA legend Patrick Ewing today before their matchup with the Lakers.

The team announced later this morning that Ewing in fact is returning. "Kelvin [Cato] is going to be out for a while, longer than anticipated," said one source. "This is only temporary, but Pat has practiced with the team all year. Can he stop Shaq? No, but ten minutes a night he can give us."


What the hell. OMFG OMFG. That's really cool I think. WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Image
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
User avatar
Andrew Evenstar

 
Posts: 5006
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:50 am
Location: Ventura, California

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:14 pm

I doubt this is true, if it's true and Ewing IS returning to stop Shaquille, then Shaq will manhandle him and go for 60 tonight. Houston has better answers for Shaq... right? :man3:
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:24 pm

SHAQ's LATEST COMMENTS ON YAO

"He's a good player, but at 7-7, he's just doing what he's supposed to do," O'Neal said. "So, it's not that I'm going to say I'm not impressed, but at 7-7 you're supposed to shoot over whoever's sticking you. He's a long, long drink of water. I probably won't help out [on the defensive end] as much. I'll probably lean on him a little more, get him tired. And hopefully in the fourth quarter I'll have a little more than he will."
Asked if he might get some help from Karl Malone, O'Neal appeared to have been poked in the neck by a cattle prod.

"No," he said. "I'm just going to try to stay in front of him. If he scores, he scores. Hopefully, I can get the opportunity to go back at him. Whenever you're playing somebody that's a scorer, you have to make them work on both ends. So, if those guys are coming down shooting and not playing defense, then he's probably going to have a big night.

"But I guarantee he won't stick me one-on-one. I guarantee you that. They have to double- and triple- and do that. We play him straight up.... I think I can affect his shot most of the time."


http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketbal ... nba-lakers
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby lakerchris2004 on Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:56 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:
DIESEL wrote:ANYBODY KNOWS IF IT WILL BE RUSSELL OR COOK HOW IS GOING TO BE OUT OF THE TEAM FOR THE PLAYOFFS?????????????

No news yet. When are the playoff rosters supposed to be in by? Does anybody know?


They are to be turned in the day after the regular season ends.
"Throw it down son!!!"- Bill Walton
User avatar
lakerchris2004

 
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 12:37 pm
Location: Los Angeles/Santa Barbara, CA

Postby addiction2board on Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:14 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:SHAQ's LATEST COMMENTS ON YAO

"He's a good player, but at 7-7, he's just doing what he's supposed to do," O'Neal said. "So, it's not that I'm going to say I'm not impressed, but at 7-7 you're supposed to shoot over whoever's sticking you. He's a long, long drink of water. I probably won't help out [on the defensive end] as much. I'll probably lean on him a little more, get him tired. And hopefully in the fourth quarter I'll have a little more than he will."
Asked if he might get some help from Karl Malone, O'Neal appeared to have been poked in the neck by a cattle prod.

"No," he said. "I'm just going to try to stay in front of him. If he scores, he scores. Hopefully, I can get the opportunity to go back at him. Whenever you're playing somebody that's a scorer, you have to make them work on both ends. So, if those guys are coming down shooting and not playing defense, then he's probably going to have a big night.

"But I guarantee he won't stick me one-on-one. I guarantee you that. They have to double- and triple- and do that. We play him straight up.... I think I can affect his shot most of the time."


http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketbal ... nba-lakers


it's like he trying to give some credit to yao but instead saying "but at 7-7, he's just doing what he's supposed to do"...same works w. shaq, at 7-1 340lbs he's just doing what he's supposed to do, god for once just bite your tongue shaq and give a guy some true credit
[url=http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/fighting/fighting40.gif[/img]http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/fighting/fighting40.gif[/img[/url]
User avatar
addiction2board

 
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:12 pm
Location: SANTA MONICA

Postby lakerster78 on Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:37 pm

I give him credit, but Shaq's right. You can't call it a Shaq vs Yao match-up if they're not even matched up. Yao doesn't guard Shaq one-on-one. And yeah, Shaq is doing what he's supposed to be doing, on double and triple teams.

Be careful of the stats, they can be deceptive. They don't show who's guarding who.

We're gonna tie for the #1 seed tonight..

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
User avatar
lakerster78

 
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:01 pm
Location: LossAnnHellUs

Postby lakerzrule on Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:09 pm

I think the news LD2K posted about Ewing returning is an April Fool's joke, just like that post by kobe4life08 about Kobe not playing. Stop it, guys! That's enough jokes for one day. :man10:
lakerzrule

 
Posts: 2700
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:15 pm

Postby Kobe8Forever on Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:03 pm

lakerster78 wrote:I give him credit, but Shaq's right. You can't call it a Shaq vs Yao match-up if they're not even matched up. Yao doesn't guard Shaq one-on-one. And yeah, Shaq is doing what he's supposed to be doing, on double and triple teams.

Be careful of the stats, they can be deceptive. They don't show who's guarding who.

We're gonna tie for the #1 seed tonight..

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:


Number 1 seed COMING UP!
ImageImage

MORALES you're NEXT!!!
User avatar
Kobe8Forever

 
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:49 pm

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:07 pm

2 hrs till game time. LETS GO LAKESHOW!!!!!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
Image
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
User avatar
Andrew Evenstar

 
Posts: 5006
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:50 am
Location: Ventura, California

Postby G|B|G|B on Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:10 pm

yup big game tonight~!
...
User avatar
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator
 
Posts: 5883
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:25 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Postby shaqpak34 on Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:26 pm

LD ARE U GONA LIKE PUT A VID OF URS UP ON THE JUMBOTRON OR OMSHEITNG???
User avatar
shaqpak34

 
Posts: 5496
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:22 am
Location: Irvine

Postby K8BE on Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:33 pm

what can you say, the mavs are blowin out the queens!!! NO.1!!! :jam2:
User avatar
K8BE

 
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:05 am

Postby Kobe8Forever on Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:40 pm

K8BE wrote:what can you say, the mavs are blowin out the queens!!! NO.1!!! :jam2:


Papa Dens! Pustahan na natin yan! :bow:
ImageImage

MORALES you're NEXT!!!
User avatar
Kobe8Forever

 
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:49 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.