Thur. 11/24 vs. Sonics - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby nameant on Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:23 am

just checked the box score. (dont know if this was mentioned) kobe's block on ray's jumpshot..and lamar's outlet pass to kobe for the dunk....kobe wasnt credited with a blocked shot? WTF is that? what did they think happened? ray shot an airball that only traveled a foot in front of him and down?
nameant

Postby scheven on Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:30 am

"Defense is more fun," Bryant said. "It is more challenging. Scoring the ball is pretty much like breathing, but defense is what I take a lot of pride in."
scheven

Postby kobe4ever on Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:50 am

wat a nice game =] give kobe, lamar, cook, mihm, smush some credit. cook had nice shots as usual, but today his defense looked pretty good and i love it whne he takes da charge lol. lamar was pretty aggresive. 4 assist shy of a triple double, took 14 shots i hope he takes about at least more than 15 for the rest of the season even though he is struggling he needs to take more shots! look at our lineup lamar! smush had 4 steals and held ridnour to under 10 pts. made some key 3's and a facial dunk over potapenko. i took the pic from tv with my digital camera i might upload it later. mihm was consistent even though he was in foul trouble. his getting better every game. if he scores at least 12 ppg and 10 rpg itz all good. well kobe had a good game. made a lot of hard 3's. he is so good at 3's when he verse the sonics. his defense was great on allen. and finally im kind of concerned about mckie. he needs to shoot the ball. today he only took 1 shot. i think the whole year he made only 2 or 3 field goals because he only had like 6 attempts. cmmon mckie! other than that itz kool. the lakers should play like dis everygame. wat a great gift for thanksgiving lol.
Lakers record (2005~2008) when im at the staple center :
when i drink sprite : 12-3
when i drink coke : 2-6
kobe4ever

Postby Kasumi on Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:03 am

nameant wrote:just checked the box score. (dont know if this was mentioned) kobe's block on ray's jumpshot..and lamar's outlet pass to kobe for the dunk....kobe wasnt credited with a blocked shot? WTF is that? what did they think happened? ray shot an airball that only traveled a foot in front of him and down?
Lamar was credited for a steal on that play rather than Kobe with a blocked shot
ImageImage

"Basketball reasons" is as believable coming from Mitch Kupchak as it was coming from David Stern. #IWantedPhil
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:11 am

I'm looking forward to see this good game again on Sunday too!
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby Vladeshoots3pointer on Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:01 am

feel good win! the only TURKEY last night was on the dinner table! Thank-you MAMBA for a great performance against RAY
Vladeshoots3pointer

Location: Lost Angeles, CALI-FORNIA (Like Arnold would say it)

Postby Sharpshooter on Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:08 am

Kobe played his best defense of the year and this is the first time ive truly seen him take a game personal and just start ruining the other team.
Sharpshooter

Postby kobesthegreatest8 on Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:05 pm

Great Game by the Lakers, I loved Odom tonight and hope he can play like this all season.

Thanks to Showtime for the greatest sig! And thanks to magicmoment for the awesome Av!
kobesthegreatest8

Postby nameant on Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:29 pm

missmyzte wrote:
nameant wrote:just checked the box score. (dont know if this was mentioned) kobe's block on ray's jumpshot..and lamar's outlet pass to kobe for the dunk....kobe wasnt credited with a blocked shot? WTF is that? what did they think happened? ray shot an airball that only traveled a foot in front of him and down?
Lamar was credited for a steal on that play rather than Kobe with a blocked shot

thought so. but..kinda strange?...considering ray was in shooting motion.. :man3:
nameant

Postby trodgers on Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:31 pm

I mentioned doing this before...for all of the games I see, I'll give my take.

Smush: Defense was spotty, getting burned and losing his man, but he played opportunistic D and had 3 steals. His offensive game was solid, hitting 6-10 shots, 16 points, 8 boards, and 3 assists.

Kobe: Played like a champion. 29 second half points for the second time this season. After starting out 2-9, hit 10 of 17 to close it out. 5 assists, 2 boards, and lockdown D on Allen nearly the entire game...vintage Kobe ca. 2001-2002.

Odom: Showed aggressive mentality early. 23-12-6? It's tough to argue with that. He did get separated from his man a bit on D, but 2 steals and 0 to pretty much make up for the few lapses.

Cook: There are two sides to every coin. On one side, Cook played a hellishly efficient offensive game with 17-7-3 on nearly 70% shooting. On the other side, he was consistently six feet or more from his man, which partially explains Radmanovic's 13 points. Had his shot been falling a bit better, Cook would have put in an Atkins like day.

Mihm: 12 and 5 and a nice follow on a Kobe miss. He played with energy for most of the time he was on the court. Committed 2 stupid fouls and 2 questionable fouls. Has been in double figures 6 straight games for points.

Sasha: 3-4-2 isn't a bad line, but he missed several open shots (shooting just 1-5) and lost his man at least twice on D. He looks lost at times.

Green: 1-4-1 and 0-3 shooting. He is athletic but needs to put on weight and smarts. He looked horribly lost at times...made Sasha look like a cool, calm vet by comparison.

Guys stepped up in the absence of 2 of our top 6. That was nice. When Walton comes back, expect to see less Sasha and Green. When Kwame and George are back, expect to see almost none of them. Our front 8 (Kobe, Parker, Odom, Brown, Mihm, George, Cook, and Walton) have shown that they are capable of winning. This was a nice win. An excellent 1st, 3rd, and 4th quarter by the Lake show.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby TalkieWalkie on Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:18 pm

Why we won... MINIMIZED THE TURNOVERS.......................PERIOD...

Less turnovers = more shot attempts = easier to stay ahead of a team that is trying to make a run on you = easy to come back against a team...

LAMAR TOOK CARE OF THE BALL.......
If on the morrow of the revolution, the masses of the people have only phrases at their service, if they do not recognize, by clear and blinding facts, that the situation has been transformed to their advantage, if the overthrow ends only in a change of persons and forumlae, nothing will have been acheived. -Peter Kropotkin
TalkieWalkie

Postby DMK on Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:43 pm

Did anyone notice cook was causing the sonic to turn over the ball by pokeing and slapping the ball away from defenders? i was amazed by it.

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:23 pm

:man10:

Here's what Allen had to say:

"He crowded me a little," Allen said. "I think offensively we were going away from our options. I think that's a great time — he's being overaggressive and that's how he got in foul trouble early, and it seemed like we went away from it. I'm coming off and he's right there; that doesn't mean go back to the other side. Let's play off of it.

"It's frustrating to me because I appreciate the aggressiveness, but I've seen a lot tougher and a lot worse."
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby KB24 on Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:26 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote::man10:

Here's what Allen had to say:

"He crowded me a little," Allen said. "I think offensively we were going away from our options. I think that's a great time — he's being overaggressive and that's how he got in foul trouble early, and it seemed like we went away from it. I'm coming off and he's right there; that doesn't mean go back to the other side. Let's play off of it.

"It's frustrating to me because I appreciate the aggressiveness, but I've seen a lot tougher and a lot worse."

He is one of the less classy players in this league. Being completely shut down and he has seen a lot tougher? Kobe could play a lot harder if it was needed but Kobe´s usual intense seemed to be enaugh to shut Allen down.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby kkmrx7 on Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:35 pm

hopefully this Lakers team will start to EXPECT wins rather than be SURPRISED by them. When you expect wins, you get winning streaks; when you're surprised by them, you become complacent and caught up in the last game.
Yeah, I stole the sig.
kkmrx7

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday