Thur. 2/03 vs. Spurs - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby leftymo on Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:30 am

kingprince22 wrote:
lakers-win wrote:no shaq, we really can't beat spurs.

I really miss shaq's dominance !!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

meh.....we can do it with kobe :jam2:

Do I question whether we can do it with kobe or not? Absolutely not. I think beating the Spurs not once but twice while they had homecourt advantage in the playoffs assures me of this.

It will take time, 2-3 years... and the Lakers will acquire another premiere player with Kobe obvioulsy being the #1 option. Coupled with Duncan being older.... The Lakers will be able to... but not for a while...
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby Ginofan on Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:30 am

leftymo wrote:Magic complementing the Spurs front office, and that's true...

RC Buford has done an exceptional job, they have dominated the Lakers in terms of drafting, scouting, and free agent signing...

They get Beno Udrich, we get Sasha

They get Manu Ginobli, we get John Celestand

They get Tony Parker, our draft pick goes to Vancouver who gets Jamal Tinsley

Do I need to go on?

Luis Scola 05-06 :)
<<..SAN ANTONIO SPURS..>>..<<..2005 NBA CHAMPS..>>
Ginofan
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:39 am

Ginofan wrote:

RC Buford has done an exceptional job, they have dominated the Lakers in terms of drafting, scouting, and free agent signing...

Do I need to go on?

Luis Scola 05-06 :)
agree that man can ball anyone who saw argentina in da olympics will be like :man6: trust me hes like another younger faster more gully rik smits wid a better shot n longer range
PurpleNGold1

Postby Kob3eight on Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:46 am

Do I need to go on?

But with Sasha we actually stole him away from the Spurs. Spurs were in the 28th spot right behind the 27th spot Lakers.

Spurs wanted Sasha.
Kob3eight
Resident Monkey

Postby UCLAbadfish on Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:49 am

My second Lakers game and a second loss. :bang:
UCLAbadfish

Postby methodnred on Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:17 am

WHY the HELL is COOK in the game in the 4th over MIHM.

I dont care if Mihm played the worst game of his career prior to the 4th quarter, a horrible and unfocused Mihm is much much better than an on-fire Cook, want proof?

How did the Spurs end the Lakers surge? How?

Parker making LAYUPS (remember cook is playing center), an UNDERSIZED power forward named Malik Rose taking it to the rack and scoring/getting fouled (remember cook is playing center), and Malik and the Spurs getting 67 offensive rebounds in a row (remember cook is playing center)

I firmy believe the Lakers could have won that game if Hamblen threw Cook out of the way and put Mihm in there.

Parker might have made easy lay-ins over Mihm, but Mihm might have blocked em, and Mihm sure as hell wouldnt have let Malik Rose play like Ben Wallace in the closing minutes.

Some people may say that I'm being picky, but its the little things like PUTTING IN UR BEST INTERIOR DEFENDER that win close games, not Brian Cook.
Eh, I'm over it. There has to be something wrong with Mihm if Rudy AND Hamblen wont play him in key situations.
methodnred

Postby leftymo on Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:32 am

Kob3eight wrote:

Do I need to go on?

But with Sasha we actually stole him away from the Spurs. Spurs were in the 28th spot right behind the 27th spot Lakers.

Spurs wanted Sasha.

Well they got Udrich who has thus far played MUCH better.
leftymo

Postby leftymo on Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:34 am

methodnred wrote:WHY the HELL is COOK in the game in the 4th over MIHM.

I dont care if Mihm played the worst game of his career prior to the 4th quarter, a horrible and unfocused Mihm is much much better than an on-fire Cook, want proof?

How did the Spurs end the Lakers surge? How?

Parker making LAYUPS (remember cook is playing center), an UNDERSIZED power forward named Malik Rose taking it to the rack and scoring/getting fouled (remember cook is playing center), and Malik and the Spurs getting 67 offensive rebounds in a row (remember cook is playing center)

I firmy believe the Lakers could have won that game if Hamblen threw Cook out of the way and put Mihm in there.

Parker might have made easy lay-ins over Mihm, but Mihm might have blocked em, and Mihm sure as hell wouldnt have let Malik Rose play like Ben Wallace in the closing minutes.

Some people may say that I'm being picky, but its the little things like PUTTING IN UR BEST INTERIOR DEFENDER that win close games, not Brian Cook.
Eh, I'm over it. There has to be something wrong with Mihm if Rudy AND Hamblen wont play him in key situations.

I think your last statement says it all. If Rudy & Hamblen aren't playing him late in games, he's definitely doing something wrong, and more so more harm than good. The Lakers interior defense is awful, and Cook doesn't make it better, but its clear Mihm isn't the answer either.

Mihm as it is right now, is a decent backup center in this league. He isn't a starting center, period. He has a lot of work to do to get that roll.
leftymo

Postby kobe6962 on Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:24 am

The game was over before it even started. I did like how we didnt lay down in the fourth. But once I saw this game on the schedule I already had the big L right next to the game..

Spurs are just better better coached and just made all the big plays when they needed to make them.. I mean 0-6 at home against the good teams on our floor that is not good.. Sigh!
Officially done with ClubLakers. Its too much of a freaking circus for my taste. I wont ever be back and all of you can shove it.

No matter how many times a certain person sends me a message I am done so keep begging I am not coming back you know who you are!
kobe6962

Postby kobe6962 on Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:35 am

leftymo wrote:
kingprince22 wrote:
8kobe8 wrote:What an embarcaing loss. anyways we fall to 24-20.

grizz lost to clipps....makes it a lil better

Does it?

Clippers can beat the Grizz, but the Lakers can't.

It's a shame when we gotta revert to scoreboard watching that is how you know our Lakers are in big trouble
Officially done with ClubLakers. Its too much of a freaking circus for my taste. I wont ever be back and all of you can shove it.

No matter how many times a certain person sends me a message I am done so keep begging I am not coming back you know who you are!
kobe6962

Postby kobe6962 on Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:36 am

leftymo wrote:Lakers get smoked...

I think the Lakers have a good shot at being swept by Dallas, San Antonio, Seattle and Phoenix this year... what do you think?

0-16?

I agree

kobe6962

Postby kobe6962 on Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:49 am

leftymo wrote:
thisbjgz wrote:
leftymo wrote:WOW, I think Vic the brick called the final score...103-91...

but that moron actually thought the Lakers were going to beat the Spurs.

buddy, dont get me wrong..lakers are CAPABLE of beating the spurs

Don't get me wrong, but they've played them 3 times this year and haven't been close ONCE.

Even I'm capable of beating the spurs, but reality is its not going to happen.

That's asking too much for this current young Lakers team.. You are asking for the Lakers should they make the playoffs. To win at least twice in the SBC Center. And even in the event that happens dont forget the Spurs are so good on the road they'll sweep us in Staples..

They played them three times this year none were close. The two games with Kobe wasnt close. So thats asking too much

kobe6962

Postby leftymo on Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:01 am

kobe6962 wrote:

I think the Lakers have a good shot at being swept by Dallas, San Antonio, Seattle and Phoenix this year... what do you think?

0-16?

I agree

I only say that b/c usually you win on your home court but we're not doing that...

Right now we are 0-8 against them...
leftymo

Postby kobe6962 on Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:58 am

Last edited by kobe6962 on Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

kobe6962

Postby kobe6962 on Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:58 am

Last edited by kobe6962 on Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

kobe6962

Postby kobe6962 on Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:59 am

kobe6962 wrote:
kobe6962 wrote:
leftymo wrote:
kobe6962 wrote:

0-16?

I agree

I only say that b/c usually you win on your home court but we're not doing that...
Last edited by kobe6962 on Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

kobe6962

Postby kobe6962 on Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:00 am

Last edited by kobe6962 on Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

kobe6962

Postby kobe6962 on Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:01 am

kobe6962 wrote:
kobe6962 wrote:
kobe6962 wrote:
kobe6962 wrote:
leftymo wrote:
kobe6962 wrote:

0-16?

I agree[/quote

Thats pathetic to say the least even the older Lakers teams that wasnt that great was able to beat the top teams on their floor at least once simply pathetic!

kobe6962

Postby kobe6962 on Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:02 am

kobe6962 wrote:
kobe6962 wrote:
kobe6962 wrote:
kobe6962 wrote:
leftymo wrote:
kobe6962 wrote:

0-16?

I agree

[/quote

Thats pathetic to say the least even the older Lakers teams that wasnt that great was able to beat the top teams on their floor at least once simply pathetic!

kobe6962

Postby strikemode14 on Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:16 pm

I figure we probaly lose to the Spurs. I am really surprised that we did as well as we did. I think we may stand a better chance against the Suns.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby kobe6962 on Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:43 pm

strikemode14 wrote:I figure we probaly lose to the Spurs. I am really surprised that we did as well as we did. I think we may stand a better chance against the Suns.

I agree I rather play the Suns I want no part of that crazy team from SA!

kobe6962

Postby strikemode14 on Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:12 pm

kobe6962 wrote:
strikemode14 wrote:I figure we probaly lose to the Spurs. I am really surprised that we did as well as we did. I think we may stand a better chance against the Suns.

I agree I rather play the Suns I want no part of that crazy team from SA!

Sorry about that I didn't mean to write Suns I meant to write we stand a better chance facing the Rockets this Sunday.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:06 pm

The comeback was perhaps indicative of our heart.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday