Thur. 11/6 vs. Spurs - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:04 am

Spurfanatic50 wrote:
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:I don't want to be too judgemental on Malone, but what the heck is the Lakers giving him the ball for the final shots in the last minute of regulation and the first overtime. Do you guys remember when he missed those free throws in the NBA FINALS against the Bulls. Scottie Pippen told Malone that the "Mailman doesn't deliver in Sundays" and freakin missed the free throws.

And in this game he freakin air balled one shot and missed another.

Memo to Phil Jackson: Only Kobe should take the shot late in the game.

I thought Karl was a Hall of Famer??

Yes he's also a grandpa too :man10:

No seriously, I found new respect for that Spurs team last night. Ginobli was incredible... However, the Spurs seem alot slower when Duncan and Parker are in the game. Because last night, they were quick quick quick!

There's no excuses. For those that give some shouldn't do that. Me saying Kobe's knee is not 100% is like you saying well we only lost because Parker and Timmy wern't playing. I hate excuses.

Great game though, is it weird I smiled when Horry hit that three? Oh well, a win is a win...

5-0 :man9:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:20 am

You gotta remember one thing Spursfanatic...that, Ginobili won't get all those shot attempts like he did, once Parker and Duncan come back...and the Lakers are nowhere near in rhythm yet...when we meet again...both of us should be in full force....until then....good luck with your upcoming games SpursfanaticRetired50....don't get me wrong...I liked the win yesterday, but I'm gonna love it even more when we take it to you guys when you are at full force.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:21 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:You gotta remember one thing Spursfanatic...that, Ginobili won't get all those shot attempts like he did, once Parker and Duncan come back...and the Lakers are nowhere near in rhythm yet...when we meet again...both of us should be in full force....until then....good luck with your upcoming games SpursfanaticRetired50....don't get me wrong...I liked the win yesterday, but I'm gonna love it even more when we take it to you guys when you are at full force.

Oh I get it. You took it easy on us yesterday. OK. I get it now. Why would you have to go to double OT then. Must have been an off game for the Lakers, and a lucky game by the Spurs. Anyway Manu had a terrific game, but he still went 9-21. Maybe he shouldn't have been taking all those shots. Spurs will be better when Parker and Duncan come back.
The Lakers will be better when they mesh. All of that is a given. Spurs played their [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] off yesterday. Without Duncan and Parker the Spurs were almost as good as 4 HOFers. Even if it was only for one game. I applaud them. We've had more injuries than anyone in the league. It will only get better.
THE FOURTH TIME AROUND --- IS EVEN BETTER THAN THE FIRST TIME.
Spurfanatic50
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby JSM on Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:03 pm

Spurfanatic50 wrote:[We've had more injuries than anyone in the league. It will only get better.

I think it's payback for the playoffs, since every team except the Spurs had injuries then, yall are getting them now
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Kobe's Empire on Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:24 pm

spursfanatic, welcome back, i guess...but listen to this and this should sink it. The ONLY CHANCE THE SPURS HAD TO WIN was to run and run and run. run the break. that is wha happened. it was a fast fast paced game. when duncrap comes back, the game will slow down tremendously and the advantage goes much more to LA. and please, dont complain about injuries. if we had Devean and Fox last year, and a healthy kobe, we would have spanked you guys silly. but dont take this personally. also, u have 2 key injuries. paker and duncrap. Anthony carter is a joke to me.

NOW WHOEVER SAYS DUNCRAP DOES IT ON HIS OWN is wrong. obviously there was proof duncrap didnt nothing on his own after the game. plus, the spurs didnt have the duck.

spurs fantaic, i dont want to pick a fight with you, but you had your fun. this is our year and everyone knows it. i consider u to ahavehve 1 ring. half a ring in 99 and half a ring in 2002. 2002 every team was at lessened force. u dont have to come back with any attacks. just post it.....
Kobe's Empire

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:36 pm

From what I remember last year, the first game the Lakers playe the Spurs without Shaq, the Spurs barely beat the Lakers in Staples.

Let me say this again: Without Shaq in Staples last year....... the Lakers barely lost.
So the game yesterday does not say anything about the levels of both teams. I have to see each team play each other in full strenght to make a comparison.

Given that the Spurs had nothing to lose yesterday, since Duncan and Parker were hurt. Teams tend to play gret when thier wounded and playing against a great team.

The game yesterday...was just a game. How can a Spurs team without Duncan play great against the Lakers, but when they had Duncan last week..they lost to Denver.

A game is just a game and I guarantee that Ginobili will not be scoring 33 points anytime soon. Hey luck is luck.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:49 pm

To add one more thing about this game:

How can Ginobili catch the ball, set up and take a jump shot in 0.7 seconds!!!!!!!!

That time keeper had to be investigated.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Kobe's Empire on Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:21 pm

HERE HERE
Kobe's Empire

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:29 pm

i gained tremendous amount of respect for tha spurs last night

they hung with us through TWO OT's...without MVP duncan or parker...that takes heart

ONE HELL OF A GAME THO...i hate how barkeley and kenny are sayin tha lakers are not better than tha spurs yet

we wont know til both teams are fully healed and on a roll...right now lakers got it goin with kobe and shaq steppin up...

i gotta say that tha reason why they hung wit us is cuz we fouled them so much...horry's shot was like tha first made basket since tha 1st OT or something...
FabFourLakers

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday