TV: TNT
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
Recap - http://www.nba.com/games/20031106/LALSAS/recap.html
Box Score - http://www.nba.com/games/20031106/LALSAS/boxscore.html

Lakers - 120
Spurs - 117
2 O.T.

Lakers Win Thriller
With the score tied, Shaquille O'Neal made two free throws with 16.9 seconds left in the second overtime to lift the Lakers to a 120-117 victory over the defending champion Spurs on Thursday. Kobe Bryant scored a game-high 37 points and O'Neal added 35 and 20 rebounds for Los Angeles.

Post your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby vaheblings on Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:57 pm

Blowout da SPurs, I dont care if Duncan is playin or not, Remember last year when they were gettin happy when they beat da Lakers without shaq in there and with an Unhealthy team. So its Time 4 Payback Laker style. I expect like a 20 point blow out.
vaheblings

Postby BDG on Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:58 pm

We'll eat em up. No Timmy or Parker for the Spurs.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:00 pm

Is Horry playing? I heard he injured his groin.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby JSM on Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:03 pm

This should be an easy game, since TD will be sitting next to Parker...on the bench. Hopefully we can play better than we did against the Bucks. (in the first 3 quarters) And since it will be on national tv, I think the Lakers will put on a good show.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:05 pm

vaheblings wrote:Blowout da SPurs, I dont care if Duncan is playin or not, Remember last year when they were gettin happy when they beat da Lakers without shaq in there and with an Unhealthy team. So its Time 4 Payback Laker style. I expect like a 20 point blow out.

Agree with everything you said. Pay back is a biaaaatttchh!!!!!

Lets take the heart out of SA.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:09 pm

Well the heart isn't there with Parker & Duncan out... Even though I still hope we crush them. :man9:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:59 pm

we need to make a statement on national TV...lets RUN THE CHAMPS OUTTA THEIR OWN BUILDING!!!! dont even let them have a chance of gettin back into this game!!! I expect Shaq to have a HUGE game...look for him to go for 25+...hes not gonna hold ANYTHING back in this game...hes been waitin for this since they got eliminated...they beat us by almost 30 on our home floor? lets take it to them on THEIR home floor...ON NATIONAL TV TOO!!! lets go FAB FOUR! i expect a laker win of course...109-85!
FabFourLakers

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:07 pm

We still have yet to defeat the San Antonio Spurs in the S.B.C. Center. Let's change this little streak. :man12:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:16 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:We still have yet to defeat the San Antonio Spurs in the S.B.C. Center. Let's change this little streak. :man12:

if we lose(god forbid) the NBA and every laker hater is gonna eat us up....hell i'd eat tha lakers up too if they lost to a duncan/parker-less spurs
FabFourLakers

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:46 pm

This game is a MUST WIN for the Lakers.

A LIFE OR DEATH MUST WIN!!!!!!!

If we lose(which is close to impossible) then SA will have all the confidence of knowing that they can beat us even without Parker and Duncan. The mental edge will stay with them.

So its a must win for us.

Also, I don't mind seeing our old friend Robert Horry.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:10 pm

Dayam, after this victory against the Bucks, I think we still might be able to run thangs against SA. Dayam, I'm so suprised that they gave us that much heat, but we brought it, and proved that we're a clutch team. Lakers win by 6.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby jozps2 on Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:28 pm

A LIFE OR DEATH MUST WIN!!!!!!!

I totally feel the same way and i hope that the Lakers feel like that too and i hope they play a hell of a lot better than they did against he Bucks
jozps2

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:39 pm

I'm glad that tthe game is in TNT.......which means that it will not be in tape-delay....

I hate it when some of the road games are in tape-delay in KCAL 9.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby BDG on Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:41 pm

Well, looks like we'll have a LOOONG edition of Inside the NBA then, because the Lakers will end it quick.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:52 pm

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:I'm glad that tthe game is in TNT.......which means that it will not be in tape-delay....

I hate it when some of the road games are in tape-delay in KCAL 9.

I never have a tape delay :man9:

The Lakers need to win. We have never won a game at SBC, and we need this victory. I know it's not gonna be easy, but we have to stay strong, and stop takin fast shots. I saw that too much last game, and it was irrating. I know that we made a few of those shots, but I just dont like it.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby wonderfulkat on Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:11 am

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:
vaheblings wrote:Blowout da SPurs, I dont care if Duncan is playin or not, Remember last year when they were gettin happy when they beat da Lakers without shaq in there and with an Unhealthy team. So its Time 4 Payback Laker style. I expect like a 20 point blow out.

Agree with everything you said. Pay back is a biaaaatttchh!!!!!

Lets take the heart out of SA.

ME TOO~Agree with everything you said. Pay back is a biaaaatttchh!!!!!
wonderfulkat

Postby mazter_roshi on Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:01 am

A 6 point win will mean nothing, we need to blow this team out the water at home, regardless of Tim or not. This is a must win, and we must hit this one all the way out the park. Lakers 104, San Antonio 89. More importantly we need to put the clamps on em and really make em feel payback. In the world of my fellow Laker fans spurs, "F$CK YOU!!!!"

Payback will be a bit... :man9:

San Antonio will need the police after the game, they'll be crying rape when we're done with them. :man10:
mazter_roshi

Postby Dragan on Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:45 am

We got lucky with both Duncan and Parker being injured ( not to sey we wouldnt beat tham with those two playing ). Thay alrady lost two games, we are going to hand tham thear 3 rd loss and hopefully thay can sink in the standings. Blowing tham up in San Antonio would be special.
Dragan

Postby G-Lakers on Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:47 am

5-0
G-Lakers

Postby Shaq Fan on Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:10 pm

Lakers>>115

Spurs>>87

Leading scorers:

LA..........Shaq 36pts. 18reb. 4ast. 3blks.

SA............Horry 12pts. 3rebs. 5ast. 2-5 3pt./fg

Matchups(probable):

C-Shaq/Nesterovic Shaq 'should' be the dominant force

PF-Karl/HorryFirst off, I think Popovich will start Horry instaed of Malik Rose, just because its the Lakers, but Karl will be the dominant one. Karl will score around 14, with 12 rebs.

SF-Devean/Bowen Bowen plays good D, Lakers will have to guard him preety tight, he can br dangerous. Devean needs to play him tough, and score his usuall around 12pts.

SG-Kobe/Ginobali Kobe needs to play this guy really tight, he can drain the threes, esp. when he gets hot. I think Kobe will be dominat one though, Kobe will score around 18, with 13ast.

PG-GP/Heal or Heart? Gary should take either of these no-namers town, is Carter suppose to be back? Well, if Carter plays GP will still come up big. 19pts. 14ast. 11rebs.........triple double

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby rydjorker121 on Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:23 pm

ShaqFan, NEEDLESS TO SAY, you are definitely way too extreme with your opinions. Once again, even though Duncan, Parker and Horry aren't playing, that doesn't mean that you the Lakers are gonna win this game. In fact, I look for a challenging one. First off, the SBC Center is one of the hardest, dank environments to play in and the Spurs are such a good home team that even w/out their stars, they have the support of them and their fans...and in case you were wondering whether Horry was gonna play w/ his strained groin, I heard somewhere he was gonna miss a couple of days...I really don't expect him to play against the team he had been with for the past six years...with his injury, too, but if he does play, he might have a good game. The adrenaline and the mad ferocity of playing against your home team ignites the force to play ultimately too well. I see Hedo Turkoglu (forgot that guy?) starting if Horry doesn't play...Rose's height makes a bad matchup against Malone whatsoever...he is a PF , by the way. Once again, though, like I said about that Bucks game, this game has the looks of being an easy one, but based on the Laker's raucous style of play against undermanned or underachieving teams, these teams find it easy to take advantage of the Laker's poor play to presumably play well...I'm not saying it's a loss, but likewise, I'm not saying it's a win. i won't make predictions on this one, even though the matchup of no-namers Jason Hart/ Shane Heal looks awful compared to Payton and Fisher. But other players like Ginobili, especially him, might make an impact and take advantage of Bryant's laden healing injuries--and Horry and Turkoglu, maybe even Mercer. Bowen should be the emotional veteran leader out the floor...and Popovich is back from his suspension and fierce to the core after getting that. Who knows....with the help of the crowd , a furious coach, the Lakers' style of play against undermanned teams, and advantage-seeking players, the Spurs are still as dangerous before they even loss Duncan....Nesterovic and Willis can step it up big time...
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby SHOWTIMEDR on Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:36 pm

Lakers will get so fired up for this game that there won't be a game to talk about. Just one long highlight reel.

I hope Malone elbows Bowen.
SHOWTIMEDR

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:52 pm

SHOWTIMEDR wrote:I hope Malone elbows Bowen.

lol dat is so dirty (although malone does that).

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:26 pm

I hope Malone karate kicks someone from the Spurs everytime he goes to the basket for a layup.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Next

Return to Lakers Gameday