Thur. 11/03 vs. Suns - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby bumrusherer on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:22 am

no arguements about that. The Suns are too far ahead, in terms of chemistry for us to beat them.

We showed alot of fight though. I'm quite proud of that.
bumrusherer

Postby LakeShow06 on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:22 am

yeah Odom has 21 points, 16 rebounds and 8 assists - he got torched??

so he and Kobe took some 3's......any other ideas how to win a game that you can't make defensive stops in???
"From Magic to Kobe - I'll always be a Lakers man"
LakeShow06

Postby okay on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:22 am

What did I tell you about Kobe needing that range for later in the game? We gave t to ODOM for a 3. That proves my point.
okay

Postby KB24 on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:22 am

We sucked and we sucked bad. I expect us to be inconsistent but our front court wass OUTRAGEOUS and PHil for whatever reason took Smush out who then cooled down :man2:
We didn´t lose the game in the last minute, we lost in in 4 abysmal quarters in which we showed no heart, no desire to play D and we have once again turned into a shooting team, the problem is we are a shooting team that can´t shoot.
We allowed Marion to score 30 and allowed 7 guys to score double digit. I think nothing else is needed to be said. lamar was huge untill the end with some shaky threes. No ballmovement. If we play like this too often get ready for a lottery season without a lottery pick (that goes to Atlanta).
I expect us to step up specially Kwame and MIhm :mad1:
George was so DAMN DAMN DAMN stupid with some illadvised fouls at the 3 point line *shakes head* and we again proved we can´t play good D, no matter how we play. We always try to outgun running teams with out shooting and scoring abilities we will suck every time.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Ca$hville's Finest on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:22 am

Lakers have alot of problems on D but the good thing is that unlike last year where we couldn't play man up D, this year we can't rotate properly or cover cuts and lobs.

This is a better situation than last year cause these problems CAN be fixed. Last year Chuckie Atkins man would just blow by him with ease and that destroyed our D. At least Smush is a decent defender. We will need to improve alot BUT I think this will be a decent team in time.
Ca$hville's Finest

Postby okay on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:23 am

LakeShow06 wrote:yeah Odom has 21 points, 16 rebounds and 8 assists - he got torched??

so he and Kobe took some 3's......any other ideas how to win a game that you can't make defensive stops in???

Uh, how exactly does that support his defensive game?
okay

Postby bumrusherer on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:23 am

lakerzg8 wrote:Why didnt they give it to Kobe in those last seconds? [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] Odom! He SUCKS!!!!!!!!! He shoots tooo many 3's and he sucks asz at them.

But you gotta realize that this is the Suns... we gotta how we'll do against other decent teams. (Even though we could of done ALOT better than this shizt)

not to mention our 4 game away schedule after denver :disagree: :disagree:

Odom doesnt suck. he made some good positive strides today.
bumrusherer

don't understand

Postby Showtime is Magic on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:23 am

Phil did not play Bynum at all, what is that

Smush AMAZING

Kobe AMAZING

Odom not agressive don't shoot 3s :bang: :bang: :bang: 16 rebounds
:jam2: that s good

Profit LOVING IT

Kwame :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: I want Caron BACK

Mihm SUCKS AS USUAL

Cook Tooo many fouls

George bad shooting night 3-11

SLAVA, AARON, SASHA Get more involved
Image Image
Showtime is Magic

Postby thisbjgz on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:23 am

bottom line, our defence was why we lost

you can't have 7 players giong off for double figures and letting mario drop what? 30? nash drove through so smooth and easily got like 16 assists

i hope the lakers take this as a lesson, and i hope phil yells the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] outta them in practice :bow:

only 2nd game of the season, bound to have mistakes and losts
thisbjgz

Postby reflekt on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:24 am

i just have no clue how in our last play, we had odom shoot a 3. i mean...why not kobe or smush? why odom... i have no clue.

at least the heat lost at home too.
reflekt

Postby Apexed on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:25 am

not a bad loss...for a team that's fresh out the box
Apexed

Postby okay on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:25 am

Kwame I have hope for. He can start producing by the All-Star break (I hope). Mihm is hopeless. I can't stress that enough. He's a scrub who shouldn't be in the NBA.
okay

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:25 am

Poor defense. We can't just have it where we trade baskets - especially with a team like Pheonix.

Give it up to Pheonix, they have the best PG in the league, and every single guy is lethal and all of them can run, jump, and dunk.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Untouchable on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:26 am

The problem was too many 3's and no defense at all...Probably the only 2 players that stepped their D's was Kobe-Smush..
Untouchable

Re: don't understand

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:26 am

Showtime is Magic wrote:Phil did not play Bynum at all, what is that

Smush AMAZING

Kobe AMAZING

Profit LOVING IT

Mihm SUCKS AS USUAL

Cook Tooo many fouls

bynum wasnt active tonight. green was on the active list instead of him.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby *wishlist* on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:26 am

spiro said bynum was deactivated for green today. green = 6 min., 1 reb., 1 asst.
What's it going to take to have the Lakers to have a team song/chant like euroleague.. teams have... I can only wish.
*wishlist*

Postby lakerfool on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:26 am

0 BLOCKED SHOTS

probably

0 BOXOUTS :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby gloryrun on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:27 am

KB8@CL wrote:We sucked and we sucked bad. I expect us to be inconsistent but our front court wass OUTRAGEOUS and PHil for whatever reason took Smush out who then cooled down :man2:
We didn´t lose the game in the last minute, we lost in in 4 abysmal quarters in which we showed no heart, no desire to play D and we have once again turned into a shooting team, the problem is we are a shooting team that can´t shoot.
We allowed Marion to score 30 and allowed 7 guys to score double digit. I think nothing else is needed to be said. lamar was huge untill the end with some shaky threes. No ballmovement. If we play like this too often get ready for a lottery season without a lottery pick (that goes to Atlanta).
I expect us to step up specially Kwame and MIhm :mad1:
George was so DAMN DAMN DAMN stupid with some illadvised fouls at the 3 point line *shakes head* and we again proved we can´t play good D, no matter how we play. We always try to outgun running teams with out shooting and scoring abilities we will suck every time.

i think your post is a little over dramatic. i can understand it being frustrating.

but when the double team comes when a guy is in the post, what's not happening is after he passes out he's not moving to an open spot.. where he can repost or take a better jump shot. instead we're taking the open 3's and just not hitting them.

our defense was really good i thought on the pick and roll and in the half court, we just didnt get back early in the game, and i felt we didnt press enough. smush in particular i thought played good defense, we just need to find a balance between our speed on team defense and putting pressure on the ball.
gloryrun

Postby Lakers1 on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:28 am

Mihm LEAVE
okay wrote:I would throw Shaq in the fire as well. Maybe he could burn a calorie or two.

VerbalMilk wrote:
What would it take to get Joe Johnson?

Jesus.
Lakers1

Postby Real Deal on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:28 am

Quick summary...our biggest problems came from the defensive end (obviously). Two that stand out: our weak side defense, and those screen and rolls. It isn't exactly our backcourt that's having problems, either...it's the frontcourt, where Marion simply destroyed us tonight, and Kurt Thomas had a few easy baskets uncontested.

Odom put up impressive numbers, but he allowed way too many baskets, and in my books, had a bad game.

Kobe messed up a few times with his shot selection late in the game, taking a three when he didn't need to. He was hot after missing five straight, but for some reason, the Lakers stopped giving him the ball during his streak. Dumb mistake. Kobe drilled 39 points down the Suns' throat...which was expected.

Kwame Brown didn't even exist out there. His problem is letting his man roam and then attack the basket. Also, I'll bring up the fact that Kwame needs to play with his back to the basket, instead of facing up and trying to be the showstopper out there. He's trying to play like a guard, and it's not going to happen.

Transition defense SUCKS. Nash and the Suns ran us all over the court, even after our easy buckets, not just misses, the Suns came back three times quicker. The Suns killed us with dunks and layups, many on fast breaks, and that's the story so far for Los Angeles.

Here's something I found interesting: spacing. The triangle offense cannot be successful without spacing...10-15 feet between each spot on the court. Unless my sight is going bad, our spacing is terrible, and I find that our guards are bunched up, and the bigs stand five feet apart from each other. Sorry fellas, it's not going to work out that way.

Props to Smush Parker on defense, very impressive. Smush has quick hands, a very good sense of direction, and can manipulate the guards' drives, and that's what we were missing with Atkins. I love it.

Momentum was killed all night, by Brian Cook twice, and by Lamar Odom missing threes. I won't dig too deep into that, but poor shot selection that leads to a three by the opposing team...it just turns the cheers into silence.

We deserve to lose this game. Good game by the Suns, without Amare. James Jones and Raja Bell stepped up and did their thing, but I'm most impressed with Nash, even though it's no secret that he's STILL playing MVP basketball.
Real Deal

Postby Untouchable on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:28 am

Apexed wrote:not a bad loss...for a team that's fresh out the box

Not a bad loss?? Lakers have a healthy team and they still loss by 10, imagine if the Suns had Amare, damnn we would of loss by 20 or 30 points..Phil made some bad decisions throughout the game..
Untouchable

Postby Lakerfan36 on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:29 am

i know its only been 2 games. But whats up with kwame brown :bang: :mad1: :mad1:
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby KB24 on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:31 am

Odom took dumb threes but actually I like what I see. He is at least trying, as a Laker his problem was he wasn´t even trying.
23/16/8 is great too. You can´t expect more than maybe better defense but thats a question of adjustments and since we play terrible team D your individual D automatically looks terrible. Smush was excellent again. Damn who would have thought that he will score 20+ in the first 2 games :man4: .
My problem right now is our game IG and Kwame. Mihm isn´t even worth talking about any more. Since Phil is here he just sucks. The good thing is Phil won´t do that too long untill Mitch has a list of guys that must be traded and a list of guys that must come.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Re: don't understand

Postby Showtime is Magic on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:31 am

CaCHooKa Man wrote:
Showtime is Magic wrote:Phil did not play Bynum at all, what is that

Smush AMAZING

Kobe AMAZING

Profit LOVING IT

Mihm SUCKS AS USUAL

Cook Tooo many fouls

bynum wasnt active tonight. green was on the active list instead of him.

oh really. alright than. i think we need to activate him instead of green
Image Image
Showtime is Magic

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:31 am

Lakerfan36 wrote:i know its only been 2 games. But whats up with kwame brown :bang: :mad1: :mad1:

like doug collins said.. he gets too anxious and excited when he gets the ball. he wants to contribute so much that he isnt able to deliver
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday