Thur. 11/03 vs. Suns - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby SOAD on Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:01 am

FabFourLakers wrote:did anyone see raja belll talk trash to phil after he hit that shot to extend it to 120-112? I liked raja bell bcuz he was tenacious...but i jus lost respect for him....when is our next game against phoenix? Bcuz i think someone should purposely injure Raja Bell for talking trash...yes i said purposely...as in break his effing leg and watch him scream in pain....suns cost us malone for 3 months...its time we get them back....anyone have a problem with that? bcuz i dont...a player that talks trash to toher players is ok...but a player that talks trash to a coach should be taken out...literally

That's a little too much but I want that punk on my next Kobe poster. :man9:
SIXTEEN
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby Lakerfan36 on Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:01 am

Forget odom and kwame. Our new Laker Duo is Smush and Kobe :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby UCLAbadfish on Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:07 am

Apexed wrote:lakers need to do a better job of defending pick and rolls and pick and pops

$$$$$ Kwame especially had trouble with this tonight
UCLAbadfish

Postby kobe4ever on Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:11 am

damn i was there too... TT.TT i think kwame will have a double double vs hawks. damn and odom almost had triple double todai.
Lakers record (2005~2008) when im at the staple center :
when i drink sprite : 12-3
when i drink coke : 2-6
kobe4ever

Postby kwamejoke on Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:12 am

Aaron McKie 05:58
0-1
0-0
0-0
0 0 0 0 0
Mitch is the General Murder of lakers.

Caron > kwame BUT caron + chucky < kwame !
kwamejoke

Postby trips on Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:14 am

Offensively I like what I say tonight...

:wow: Did we pick up a clone of Larrry Hughes in Smush? I know it's way too soon to say this but if Smush continues like this throughout the season and develops even further, we might have another allstar in our midst.

Kwame might have struggled on defense at some times but boy can he set a pick! I'm seeing good things from him, at least until he develops there are other ways that he can help this ball club.

Odom is finally asking for the ball down in the post and the result was great.

And last but not least... Kobe :man4:
trips

Postby ShaqsPurpleSuitAfterGame5 on Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:16 am

phil used some strange lineups tonight. anyway the lakers will learn from this lost. does anyone have any info james jones? that guy hit some big shots tonight
ShaqsPurpleSuitAfterGame5

Postby Apexed on Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:31 am

kwamejoke wrote:Aaron McKie 05:58
0-1
0-0
0-0
0 0 0 0 0

Apexed

Postby extreme on Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:22 am

For me the problem is, Kwame Brown, we need more from him
extreme
ClubLakers Rep: Belgium

Postby bobyahead on Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:27 am

im just going to shadows everyones thoughts by saying... wtf?!

how the hell does a bench player in profit come in the game, outscore all of the big men combined???!? there is no excuse for mihm , kwame, cook, or slava. Odom started at pf only to gaurd marion who played pf. they hell they are both SF's so that doesn't count.

but damn!!! mihm , slava, and cook. we are hopeless. Phil was on throne for slava and cook. he can't say anything. like it or not, those players were drafted for phil. remember when micth came out this year saying phil will have no say in this years draft choice?

and phil saying he didn't like the pick.

but hell phil. its a damn shame that bynum plays better then both of the guys you were fine with when drafted. phil loves a big that can shoot doesn't he. damn! let micth do the drafting now will you! and you guys cant say phil had no say. you can't.

look. phil on board. they draft, cook, slava, sasha, douhit, luke, rush.

okay i like rush and luke. but damn cook , slava, and sasha? all of them can shoot but no D!

now when phil had no say.

Bynum, Wafer, and Turiaf... and you can almost say Smush. all of them with potential on BOTH ends of the floor.

jerome moiso
shawn kemp
malik rose (via trade)
guys add more free agents or very obtainable big men to the list.
keon clark!
Ely(via trade)

i say give shawn kemp a ten day. lets see how he really plays. word is that he is in his best shape in 7 years. he droped the alcohol and is dedicated to make it back to the NBA.

please!!! please!!! get a big man. please!!!!

im sick and tired of getting lobbed on all day. no block shots, no defensive rebounds, no offensive rebounds, no intimidation. i wish vlade was still here! and thats the damn truth! because him being old and hurt will out play mihm, cook, slava combined!!!
bobyahead

Postby KB24 on Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:42 am

SOAD wrote:Bell is a PUNK.

You don't talk smack to the greatest coach of all time especially when you haven't won crap and you're a career scrub.

:man10: agree

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby LOL on Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:01 am

if only we have turiaf..i will put

kwame
turiaf
odom
kobe
smush

i believe this team can do some damage
LOL

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:39 am

Great offensive game by both teams, too bad that we couldn't finisg comeback with win...
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby JSM on Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:25 am

Post Game thoughts...
-Phil needs to spend more time teaching D to his frontcourt. Marion should not be dropping 30 points on us.
-We need to file a missing person's report on Kwame. He has to get in the swing of things on offense. I mean he isn't even getting 10 points a night. 4 points and 4 fouls is pathetic.
-Odom is heavily flirting with triple doubles this season, all ready...I'm liking it.
-Who knew Smush would be our 3rd scoring option? I haven't gotten to see him play yet, hopefully I'll get to watching the two games tonight. But from the box scores, Parker can fill up a stat sheet. How's his D looked out there?
-Kobe has been nothing short of amazing...as expected.
-George has returned to Gump status. 6 points, 5 fouls, 3-11 shooting
-Profit has game...who knew?
-Sasha belongs in the NBDL
-Mihm has to get with it, or he will be replaced by the 18 year old. He's really playing like crap out there. We really should have worked harder on getting a starting center this summer. Mihm is a career backup.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby sina on Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:15 am

i think the team is learning to build a rhythm for themselves and keep playing within it. considering there are no defensive stopper, especially in the paint, it is not easy at all. However, they did well against nuggets in 1st game. But when they had to face the best point guard in the league, last year's mvp, they shouldn't be blamed too much for one loss.

key elements for future success:
- parker: interrupt the passing lane i/o shooting/cutting
- bryant: stay within the triangle until teammate know well triangle offense
- odam: control the rhythm
- brown: defense the post
- mihm: be consistent
sina

Postby Shobe on Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:23 am

It wasn't a bad effort for us. Our D was just off tonight. One thing I keep seeing and has to be fixed:

Mihm, Slava & Sasha must go! I"m sorry, they look so lost out there. They can't even make a pass. They need to be packaged and dealt at the trading deadline. And after this season, if Odom doesn't mesh with Kobe, I think we should deal him too. There is too much pressure on Kobe. He is our only scorer at this point. And I say we sign Spree. We need help bad.
Shobe

Postby nameant on Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:58 am

Shobe wrote:And after this season, if Odom doesn't mesh with Kobe, I think we should deal him too. There is too much pressure on Kobe. He is our only scorer at this point. And I say we sign Spree. We need help bad.

what game were you watching? i thought odom played really well. he took a couple bad long jumpers..but so did kobe. odom improved a lot game to game..most noticeably offensively. he almost had a triple double...again. as for mihm slava cook brown...our bigs flat out suck. they are lazy and get caught with so many reaching fouls. it's annoying. i also found it pretty pathetic how we once AGAIN gave up numerous lobs. this time to marion. damn...i dont know how many dunks marion had. it was pathetic.
nameant

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:03 am

There goes our 82-0 season. :man10: :man10:

Kobe with 39 points, 7 rebounds, and 5 assists

Lamar with 23 points, 16 rebounds, and 8 assists

STANDS OUT TO ME....I can't remember what Smush's specific number is, but he played a good game too. I think he had 21 points.

We'll get em next time.

GO LAKERS!!!
Last edited by Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Sharpshooter on Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:12 am

lohad the type of game we needed from him night in and night out, but the thing is, his 18 pts or whatever didnt stand out, they didnt help us when we needed the help. Kobes points all were at poiints in the game when we needed points. Lo needs to be able to step up when we n eed him, smushs play last game was just a bonus.
Sharpshooter

Postby ndrui on Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:55 am

Lakerfan36 wrote:Forget odom and kwame. Our new Laker Duo is Smush and Kobe :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

cosign - Kobe and Smush look like one helluva backcourt
ndrui

Postby slimjim on Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:48 pm

come on kwame and mihm STEP IT UP!!!!!! it is no excuse for a small forward/initiator to lead the team in rbs.

those of you that said LO had a bad game are smoking up.

Kwame/Mihm should have been given more shots though....

kobe taking 26 shots while kwame and mihm combined only take 7? :disagree: :disagree:
slimjim

Postby Kobe#2 on Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:59 pm

Mihm even more than Kwame, was disappointing, but then again, I expected it. We need to deal him, any way possible. He is not a defensive-minded player and has absolutely no idea of the fundamentals of defense. Both Mihm and Kwame were late rotating, didn't keep their eyes on their man and the ball, didn't obx out after shots, and reached in lazily against opposing guards instead of playing with passion and intensity. With this frontcourt, we won't get much accomplished this season. Still needs MAJOR improvement. :disagree:

On the bright side, out backfourt was phenomenal. Kobe was Kobe, playing effiently and taking over down the clutch to pull us within 3. Odom, played a great all-around game, a near triple nad aggressive on Offense. However, the biggest upside is how Smush has played these last 2 games. He has been HUGE for us, a large improvement over Atkins. If Smush can improve his 3-point shot, he will be a great player in this system for years to come. :jam2:

Looking how we played overall, it was a well-fought game, considering it was a back-to-back, against a fresh, high-energy Suns team.

If we can improve our defensive presence in the back court somehow (Defensive intimidation and REBOUNDING!!!!), then we have a chance at being a great team.

I am hopeful in how we handle the bigz dilemma.
Kobe#2

Postby reverend on Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:59 pm

FREE PUBLIC PROXY SERVERS LIST WWW FTP IRC SOCKS TELNET HTTP HTTPS CONNECT SOCKS transparent anonymous ELITE fast standard nonstandard ports
http://www.checkproxy.net
reverend

Postby LakerInsider2006 on Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:22 pm

Phil's substitutions are horrible.
LakerInsider2006

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday