Thur. 10/28 vs. Wizards - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:38 pm

ragecorps wrote:brian cook didn't play, they said he sprained his ankle, not a major one. :man5:

oic thx

i juss saw him in street clothes also...
Karl11-Caron1

Postby ragecorps on Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:39 pm

Yah, Anthony Peeler, he is on the Wizards now :man4:
ragecorps

Postby TheZen on Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:40 pm

iWuVkObE8BrYaNT wrote:heard the announcers mention a 'peeler' in the first half, were they referrin to Anthony Peeler?

yup yup my hawaiian sister. can somebody get me tonight's stats on brown?
TheZen

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:41 pm

tierre just bought his ticket for the year with the pass 2 JJ
PurpleNGold1

Postby ragecorps on Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:41 pm

brown to jones, sick! :bow:
ragecorps

Postby KB24 on Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:42 pm

Is Slava still out? Now Shaq is gone we have other guys to sit out 20 games for a headache!

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:43 pm

THE DAGGERRRRRR BY LUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEE
PurpleNGold1

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:44 pm

IM SUPRISED BOBBIT DIDN PLAY LMAOOOOOO JJ GETTIN INTERVIEWD HE LOOKS LIKE WTF KINDA FACE
PurpleNGold1

Postby KB24 on Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:44 pm

97-87 10 sec. left! We won it guys! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby outfear on Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:45 pm

I think I just won the Pre-season goodcall contest :man9:

what's the reward though :man13:
outfear

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:45 pm

PurpleNGold1 wrote:IM SUPRISED BOBBIT DIDN PLAY LMAOOOOOO JJ GETTIN INTERVIEWD HE LOOKS LIKE WTF KINDA FACE

:man5: poor thing. he'll prolly be cut

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby shoe on Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:46 pm

Nice three pointers by Kareem Rush...Brown and Jones played good too.. :jam2: :man13:
shoe

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:48 pm

yea u feel for the man but as long as the spurs dont get him(i think rudy will help him get with a team as long as we dont see bobbit against spurs rockets wolves or kings im cool with it
PurpleNGold1

Postby trodgers on Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:50 pm

box score? :)
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby IonZephyr on Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:51 pm

hey ibe been gone all day and came back to see jsut the 4th quarter. great game. hey, what is wrong with cook?
IonZephyr

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:52 pm

is it just me, or did our bench outplay the starters thoughout the preseason? :freak2:

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby JbOi112 on Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:53 pm

dayum... i thought the game started @ 7:30... :man5:

it's only 8 and i already see the scores posted up... IS IT TAPE DELAY?
..:: J to tha R ::..
RIP Ryan "Franchise" (March 17, 1987 – May 13, 2006) Fight On!
Madd props to hoopskillz for tha sig & avatar!
JbOi112

Postby KB24 on Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:58 pm

IonZephyr wrote:hey ibe been gone all day and came back to see jsut the 4th quarter. great game. hey, what is wrong with cook?

little ankle injury but nothing to worry about!

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:02 pm

The second half of the bench did great closing this game out and not allowing any runs by the Wizards.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby quitkthanx on Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:02 pm

can someone post the final boxscore/stats of everyone?

Thanks
quitkthanx

Postby Cleansed on Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:03 pm

iWuVkObE8BrYaNT wrote:is it just me, or did our bench outplay the starters thoughout the preseason? :freak2:

AGREED big time.

Whats up with NBA.com not providing timely box scores ? Geez..they have been slacking.........
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
You do not see things as they are, you see things as you are.
Cleansed

Postby Crono0801 on Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:06 pm

I'm mad as **** Sasha and Bobbit didn't even get to play WTF
RIP Daniel RIP Ana RIP Tom

The Greatest Game of All time
Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby trodgers on Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:09 pm

Crono0801 wrote:I'm mad as **** Sasha and Bobbit didn't even get to play WTF

That's cuz Bobbitt's gone! :)
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby crucifido on Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:14 pm

...And There Goes One Promising Pre-Season

Guys you have to admit that there were a few moments tonight when you sat back on the couch telling yourself, "Ya know what, these guys will not only surprise some teams, they could downright shock the league if they play like this."

The balance of scoring, passing and overall play on this team is something that (and I feel I can say this freely although some may argue) Laker fans haven't seen since the break up of those gorgeous 80's Laker teams. There's a great blend of highlight reel players (Bryant, Odom, Butler), workhorse players (Grant, Mihm, Walton, Atkins) and bench performers (Brown, Cook, Jones) to make this team a serious force come playoff time. Add in the fact that this team has yet to integrate Vlade Divac (which could disrupt things for just a couple games while he sinks into his role) and the possibility that Malone could return to this team and we're looking at a Laker team we can all say we're proud to be a fan of. (Although Laker fans should always be proud, but ya know what I mean)

I was impressed by everything except for the communication on interior defense tonight. The rebounding on the defensive end was more of a symptom of the lack of talking and communication on D. The games these guys have talked to each other about what is going on with defense, the rebounding has been there. That will continue to hold true this entire season. With the chemistry that is flowing so freely on this team, honest communication should be developed quicker than anything.

Since the positives are glaringly self-evident with these guys, let's give everyone "two centences" about what to work on for the season to make the NBA apologize for their short-sightedness about our guys in purple and gold:
Bryant - Learn how to trust your teammates with their job and their ability to get things done when things get competitive. These guys wnat to and can keep up with you Kobe.
Atkins - Relax. Take your opportunities where they are and realize that this team doesn't need you to be spectacular to contribute.
Odom - Let your game come naturally, forcing your game is always evident. Use that dribbling ability and fluiditiy in the front court work to your advantage against the West's tough big guys.
Butler - Use that exhuberance for scoring as your inspiration for everything else you do on the court. Above all, pace yourself and know your limits.
Mihm - Stay strong in the low post and don't let anyone initmidate you. If the footwork remains as active and spot on as it was in the pre-season, scoring and blocks will fall into your lap.
Grant - Keep banging in that post. Stop letting offensive players creep their way into the post by spreading your arms and using that strong lower body to clear out your area.
Brown - Don't let your anticipation for offensive creativity curb your appetite to defend strongly. There is such a shortage of point guards off the bench that have an impact in this league that you can have an immediate efrfect on this team.
Jones - Talk more. If you get lost on defense don't be ashamed to yell for help .
Cook - Don't get swept away by your new found ability to drain the 3. It does you big time credit, but that passion for the long shot shouldn't take away from your other duties on the court like rebounding and strong high post defense.
Divac - Don't stand with your legs close together against strong centers and play the same low post game you played in Sacramento (i.e - passing). If you widen your stance a bit, there are few big men that can get by you.
Walton - Your the catalyst off the ball for this team. Keep moving and taking your man away from the Lakers offensive strong points.
Medvedenko - Please, for all of our sakes and yours, getr inside on defense and use your frame to push people out of the post once in a while. We have a lot of guys that can shoot now, please behave more like a power forward and less like a 2 guard.
Vujacic - Take it easy. You've made the NBA, curb yourtendency to dribble intyo trouble and make a sloppy flashy play when a simple bounce pass or short jumper will do.
George - Work as hard as you can to get yourself back into the rotation. Jumaine has stolen your spot and if you show some drive to get that spot back, the team and your career will be the better for it.

And for everyone - STAY HEALTHY!!!!!!!!

I know guys, it was stupidly long, but I am just so excited about this team this year that it's hard to keep things short. These guys can do something incredible this year, but they can't do it onj their own. Let's all take a vow (myself inculded) to be patient with these guys and support them even when the bumpy roads show up. We'll raise the level of their play and we'll raise the level of all Laker fans everywhere. We as fans have an impact, make it heard this year!!
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Crono0801 on Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:22 pm

crucifido wrote:...And There Goes One Promising Pre-Season

Brown - Don't let your anticipation for offensive creativity curb your appetite to defend strongly. There is such a shortage of point guards off the bench that have an impact in this league that you can have an immediate efrfect on this team.

yeah i noticed he doesn't like to play D to hard
RIP Daniel RIP Ana RIP Tom

The Greatest Game of All time
Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight