Thur. 10/28 vs. Wizards - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby RHCP on Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:22 pm

NICE POST MAN.
RHCP
2nd Cousin of Cherokee Parks

Postby EJeremyst123 on Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:23 pm

EJeremyst123

Postby KB24 on Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:29 pm

I can´t believe no GM noticed Brown! Its too nice to be true! He plays way too good! :jam2:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby RHCP on Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:33 pm

I am really happy we have Tierre Brown. But he hasn't really played with Kobe, he is going to have to learn, after being the leader of his NBDL team, how not to try being a leader.
RHCP
2nd Cousin of Cherokee Parks

Postby Cleansed on Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:38 pm

RHCP LAKER LOVERS wrote:I am really happy we have Tierre Brown. But he hasn't really played with Kobe, he is going to have to learn, after being the leader of his NBDL team, how not to try being a leader.

My only concern with him.....and Kobe for that matter. Tieer wants to prove his effectiveness and be a leader..what he is accustomed to . On teh other hand i fear Kobe may feel the need to show JUST HOW MUCH BETTER HE IS and press if they are on the court at the same time. Kobe has that tendency as much as i like the guy.
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
You do not see things as they are, you see things as you are.
Cleansed

Postby lakerfool on Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:38 pm

How is his defense?

I haven't been able to see him play yet
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby remixed on Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:53 pm

crucifido wrote:...And There Goes One Promising Pre-Season

Guys you have to admit that there were a few moments tonight when you sat back on the couch telling yourself, "Ya know what, these guys will not only surprise some teams, they could downright shock the league if they play like this."

The balance of scoring, passing and overall play on this team is something that (and I feel I can say this freely although some may argue) Laker fans haven't seen since the break up of those gorgeous 80's Laker teams. There's a great blend of highlight reel players (Bryant, Odom, Butler), workhorse players (Grant, Mihm, Walton, Atkins) and bench performers (Brown, Cook, Jones) to make this team a serious force come playoff time. Add in the fact that this team has yet to integrate Vlade Divac (which could disrupt things for just a couple games while he sinks into his role) and the possibility that Malone could return to this team and we're looking at a Laker team we can all say we're proud to be a fan of. (Although Laker fans should always be proud, but ya know what I mean)

I was impressed by everything except for the communication on interior defense tonight. The rebounding on the defensive end was more of a symptom of the lack of talking and communication on D. The games these guys have talked to each other about what is going on with defense, the rebounding has been there. That will continue to hold true this entire season. With the chemistry that is flowing so freely on this team, honest communication should be developed quicker than anything.

Since the positives are glaringly self-evident with these guys, let's give everyone "two centences" about what to work on for the season to make the NBA apologize for their short-sightedness about our guys in purple and gold:
Bryant - Learn how to trust your teammates with their job and their ability to get things done when things get competitive. These guys wnat to and can keep up with you Kobe.
Atkins - Relax. Take your opportunities where they are and realize that this team doesn't need you to be spectacular to contribute.
Odom - Let your game come naturally, forcing your game is always evident. Use that dribbling ability and fluiditiy in the front court work to your advantage against the West's tough big guys.
Butler - Use that exhuberance for scoring as your inspiration for everything else you do on the court. Above all, pace yourself and know your limits.
Mihm - Stay strong in the low post and don't let anyone initmidate you. If the footwork remains as active and spot on as it was in the pre-season, scoring and blocks will fall into your lap.
Grant - Keep banging in that post. Stop letting offensive players creep their way into the post by spreading your arms and using that strong lower body to clear out your area.
Brown - Don't let your anticipation for offensive creativity curb your appetite to defend strongly. There is such a shortage of point guards off the bench that have an impact in this league that you can have an immediate efrfect on this team.
Jones - Talk more. If you get lost on defense don't be ashamed to yell for help .
Cook - Don't get swept away by your new found ability to drain the 3. It does you big time credit, but that passion for the long shot shouldn't take away from your other duties on the court like rebounding and strong high post defense.
Divac - Don't stand with your legs close together against strong centers and play the same low post game you played in Sacramento (i.e - passing). If you widen your stance a bit, there are few big men that can get by you.
Walton - Your the catalyst off the ball for this team. Keep moving and taking your man away from the Lakers offensive strong points.
Medvedenko - Please, for all of our sakes and yours, getr inside on defense and use your frame to push people out of the post once in a while. We have a lot of guys that can shoot now, please behave more like a power forward and less like a 2 guard.
Vujacic - Take it easy. You've made the NBA, curb yourtendency to dribble intyo trouble and make a sloppy flashy play when a simple bounce pass or short jumper will do.
George - Work as hard as you can to get yourself back into the rotation. Jumaine has stolen your spot and if you show some drive to get that spot back, the team and your career will be the better for it.

And for everyone - STAY HEALTHY!!!!!!!!

I know guys, it was stupidly long, but I am just so excited about this team this year that it's hard to keep things short. These guys can do something incredible this year, but they can't do it onj their own. Let's all take a vow (myself inculded) to be patient with these guys and support them even when the bumpy roads show up. We'll raise the level of their play and we'll raise the level of all Laker fans everywhere. We as fans have an impact, make it heard this year!!

since your forgot about rush :man6: (LOL) i think ill say what i believe he will do for this team. he will provide that extra scoring off the bench. a trio of mihm, rush, and brown off the bench is going to provide some instant offense. rush still has his shot. if he's open, he will connect. it's gerat to see him healthy because im sure he'll be playing important minutes as the season goes along. he will absolutely not be lost in the shuffle.
remixed

Postby Supastas on Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:14 pm

Tierre and Kobe actually played together for a nice amount of time today. He pretty much defered to Kobe when he wanted it. I don't think there's any kind of problem.
Supastas

Postby leftymo on Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:31 pm

Crono0801 wrote:I'm mad as **** Sasha and Bobbit didn't even get to play WTF

That's b/c its time for the regular season to start, that means this is the tune-up game. The guys that will be playing played.

You can't have a 14 man rotation!

The guys that didn't play today won't be playing until games are out of reach!

Garbage time.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby magicmoment on Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:42 pm

today's game went well. now it's time for the regular season.. this is when it starts to count guys! :jam2: i'm excited. we got to preview the guys' skills a bit. let's see if they can excel.
Jones did great! i was so excited! that one play he did.. with the dunk off of Rush's miss.. that was awesome!! :bow:
but yah, why didn't sasha and bobbitt get to play?
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby Furious D on Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:06 pm

crucifido wrote:Grant - Keep banging in that post. Stop letting offensive players creep their way into the post by spreading your arms and using that strong lower body to clear out your area.

Tonight was a true test of the Lakers interior D. Rebounding was a big concern tonight. If they see problems with offensive rebounding then I wouldnt be surprised to see Grant start a few games.
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby Furious D on Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:08 pm

magicmoment wrote:why didn't sasha and bobbitt get to play?

Well it looked like we got a preview of the rotation Rudy T would be using. Sasha most likely will be on the IR when Divac comes back and Bobbitt most likely will get cut on monday. It sucks but thats the biz. :jam2:
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby Real Deal on Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:08 am

Well, guess who was in Oklahoma City yesterday? :jam2:
Real Deal

Postby jOeyB7000 on Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:44 am

^^ who?
jOeyB7000

Postby Real Deal on Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:07 am

jOeyB7000 wrote:^^ who?

Haha...

Me. :man1:
Real Deal

Postby KB24 on Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:28 pm

Furious D wrote:
crucifido wrote:Grant - Keep banging in that post. Stop letting offensive players creep their way into the post by spreading your arms and using that strong lower body to clear out your area.

Tonight was a true test of the Lakers interior D. Rebounding was a big concern tonight. If they see problems with offensive rebounding then I wouldnt be surprised to see Grant start a few games.

When you hit shots you don´t need offensive rebounds! :man12:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:56 am

Well... my short, unique, pre-season video will be released tommorow (1:25).

:man12:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday