Thurs. 10/7 - Lakers @ FC Barcelona - Predictions & Comments

Re: Thurs. 10/7 - Lakers @ FC Barcelona - Predictions & Comments

Postby abeer3 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:57 pm

trodgers wrote:I didn't see the game, but I think there's something about timing that you get just from being out there playing against real competition that you can't get in the gym or at practice.

eh, the lakers didn't play with much intensity at all in the first half. they asserted their will a bit in the third, i think in part because some of the opponents were doing some talking in the first half. when the starters went out, the lead disappeared, then kobe started taking it personally. the lakers definitely tried to win down the stretch, then fell apart.

is it embarrassing? i don't think so. no more than getting your salad tossed by the wolves, for sure.

i think people are underestimating the motivation difference that was palpable, quite frankly. pete mickael never made it in the nba (nor should he have, as he's a poor man's ruben patterson), and he wanted to stick it to the lakers in front of thousands of screaming fans. navarro is a superstar overseas, but was a scrub on the grizzlies in the nba...axe to grind.

they played harder, and they played better. and judging from kobe's reaction immediately after the game, i think it's a total non-starter in terms of laker fan anxiety. getting outplayed by a solid team, on the road, in a game that's huge for them and means literally nothing to you...no biggie.
abeer3

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:10 pm

http://twitter.com/LakersReporter

Phil Jackson said he thinks F.C. Barcelona plays well, but does not think they'd be able to compete on a nightly basis in the NBA.

:man10: :man10: :man10: Oh Phil, let it go.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby laker911 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:31 pm

bystander wrote:I liked the game, considering Lakers were at half speed. Odom played 41 minutes i think, insane. Rubio was missing.

Rubio sucks! Deal with it.

People it's not FC Barcelona, they are the football club.
laker911

Postby bystander on Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:41 pm

lakerswiz wrote:You.

What the heck. I only said i liked the game. Getting tired of the spanish tag for some fans. Read the site rules again and stop looking for other posters or me to react to any random comment.
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:21 pm

laker911 wrote:
bystander wrote:I liked the game, considering Lakers were at half speed. Odom played 41 minutes i think, insane. Rubio was missing.

They still have nightmares that date back to '08.

P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby laker911 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:00 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:
laker911 wrote:

They still have nightmares that date back to '08.

That's a sick gif!
laker911

Postby AlleyoOp2KOBE on Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:27 pm

This is supposed to be an exhibition!!!
AlleyoOp2KOBE

Postby laker911 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:29 pm

AlleyoOp2KOBE wrote:This is supposed to be an exhibition!!!

:man10: :man10: :man10:
laker911

Postby FCB on Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:31 pm

Hi, first, excuse me for my bad english. I've seen the match and Barcelona have done a better game and a better teamwork, defensive and tactically I think that we are the best team in Europe and better than many teams of NBA though the individual quality of most of our players is lower, I know that Lakers are in pre-season but we have just started a few weeks ago and we have played with NBA rules and we made a match in Los Angeles 2 years ago too i think in December losing for few points. I think that Phil Jackson maybe has been a bit rabid telling that we are not 'a NBA team', we are not obviously Lakers or Celtics, I think that in NBA we maybe would not be a play-off team but we would be better than some other teams as Nets, Minessota or Pistons for example.
You just look how Ricky Rubio plays, he is not the best in this team, however he is young, but today he made an horrible match, best were Navarro and Mickael, good match of Morris too, and Vázquez is another good player with NBA level.

Ah, I don't care if you beat spanish 'national' team, a lot of people here want a catalan national team and we are FC Barcelona, it's the same club as the football team, we have got too handball, rugby (american football), hockey...

Good luck in season.
FCB

Postby laker911 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:35 pm

FCB wrote:Hi, first, excuse me for my bad english. I've seen the match and Barcelona have done a better game and a better teamwork, defensive and tactically I think that we are the best team in Europe and better than many teams of NBA though the individual quality of most of our players is lower, I know that Lakers are in pre-season but we have just started a few weeks ago and we have played with NBA rules and we made a match in Los Angeles 2 years ago too i think in December losing for few points. I think that Phil Jackson maybe has been a bit rabid telling that we are not 'a NBA team', we are not obviously Lakers or Celtics, I think that in NBA we maybe would not be a play-off team but we would be better than some other teams as Nets, Minessota or Pistons for example.
You just look how Ricky Rubio plays, he is not the best in this team, however he is young, but today he made an horrible match, best were Navarro and Mickael, good match of Morris too, and Vázquez is another good player with NBA level.

Ah, I don't care if you beat spanish 'national' team, a lot of people here want a catalan national team and we are FC Barcelona, it's the same club as the football team, we have got too handball, rugby (american football), hockey...

Good luck in season.

Is that you Bystander?
laker911

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:37 pm

laker911 wrote:
FCB wrote:Hi, first, excuse me for my bad english. I've seen the match and Barcelona have done a better game and a better teamwork, defensive and tactically I think that we are the best team in Europe and better than many teams of NBA though the individual quality of most of our players is lower, I know that Lakers are in pre-season but we have just started a few weeks ago and we have played with NBA rules and we made a match in Los Angeles 2 years ago too i think in December losing for few points. I think that Phil Jackson maybe has been a bit rabid telling that we are not 'a NBA team', we are not obviously Lakers or Celtics, I think that in NBA we maybe would not be a play-off team but we would be better than some other teams as Nets, Minessota or Pistons for example.

Good luck in season.

Is that you Bystander?

HAHAHAHAHAHA. :man10: :man10: :man10:
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby inkobewetrust on Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:38 pm

Good luck in season.

inkobewetrust

Postby FCB on Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:57 pm

:man4: ...
FCB

Postby LawSin on Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:12 pm

Have some humility. Barcelona played really well, and even though we may not having been playing with full effort the whole game or a fully healthy bench it's still a fairly impressive win. Injuries happen in the regular season too, and it's not like the Lakers have never been accused of not giving enough effort in the regular season. We will lose occasionally during the season to crappy teams that have no business even competing with our bench. These things happen, no need to get butthurt about it and start insulting the other team. Does it mean they're better than us? Of course not. Sure it can be disappointing but show some class, act the bigger man, and at least be able to say 'good game'.

All this Barcelona and Spanish Lakers fan bashing because they beat us is embarrassing. I'm happy to have Lakers fans in Spain, I'm happy to be a fan of the most internationally-respected basketball team, and I don't mind congratulating them on a friendly, exhibition match. I'd be happy to see the Lakers play them again, perhaps with a healthier and more practiced squad in some future exhibition game.
LawSin

Postby Weezy on Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:36 pm

Why exactly is FCB's post so funny, what am I missing. He made an intelligent post, showed class, didn't bash anyone just defended his team and he gets laughed at? Maybe some posters here could stand to show a little more class, not exactly proving those calling us 'arrogant Americans' wrong when we act this way to new members and Spanish fans, have some respect people.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby leinad1973 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:15 am

hi from spain,

sorry for my english. i attended to yesterday´s match, and seeing the legendary lakers in my hometown and players such kobe, dereck fisher, ron artest and, obiously pau was thrilling!!!!(i literally made thousands and thousands of snapshoots). it was a night to remember.
of course lakers we´re not in peak condition, of course many NBA teams are much better than european teams or from elsewhere and of course NBA teams will win 9 out 10 times they face any other team of the world, but let us enjoy this victory!!!, although for one day.

after that, let´s focus on the season to come where lakers will have to work harder than ever in order to defeat boston celtics or miami heat, so go lakers!!!!

PS:once again, sorry for my english
leinad1973

Postby bystander on Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:19 am

This message board is frustrating sometimes. Leave the F me alone, really. Every time a spanish guy post here isn't me as a clone. So tired of those guys acting like babies every single time we speak about anything related to Spain or spaniards since i dare to talk about Rubio and Rudy ! OMG ! Lock me in !!!

bystander

Postby leinad1973 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:09 am

bystander wrote:This message board is frustrating sometimes. Leave the F me alone, really. Every time a spanish guy post here isn't me as a clone. So tired of those guys acting like babies every single time we speak about anything related to Spain or spaniards since i dare to talk about Rubio and Rudy ! OMG ! Lock me in !!!

if your message is for me, sorry if i write something that has bothered you. i just tried to express my feelings about yesterday´s game, nothing else. after all, this is just my second chance to see and nba team live so i was really excited!!
leinad1973

Postby bystander on Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:33 am

leinad1973 wrote:
bystander wrote:This message board is frustrating sometimes. Leave the F me alone, really. Every time a spanish guy post here isn't me as a clone. So tired of those guys acting like babies every single time we speak about anything related to Spain or spaniards since i dare to talk about Rubio and Rudy ! OMG ! Lock me in !!!

if your message is for me, sorry if i write something that has bothered you. i just tried to express my feelings about yesterday´s game, nothing else. after all, this is just my second chance to see and nba team live so i was really excited!!

Not at all.

- Spanish -

Lo que pasa es que hay un par de imbéciles que la tienen tomada conmigo desde que discutimos acerca de Rudy y Ricky en otros hilos. Hay uno que es un listo que se piensa que cada español que escribe aquí soy yo con otra cuenta y otro que a la mínima que hay una noticia sobre españoles salta a hacer la gracia y me tienen hasta las narices.

bystander

Postby laker911 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:41 am

bystander wrote:
leinad1973 wrote:

Not at all.

- Spanish -

Lo que pasa es que hay un par de imbéciles que la tienen tomada conmigo desde que discutimos acerca de Rudy y Ricky en otros hilos. Hay uno que es un listo que se piensa que cada español que escribe aquí soy yo con otra cuenta y otro que a la mínima que hay una noticia sobre españoles salta a hacer la gracia y me tienen hasta las narices.

Stop talking to yourself bystander.
laker911

Postby bystander on Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:42 am

Go F yourself laker911.

bystander

Postby laker911 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:43 am

laker911

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:54 am

laker911 wrote:Stop talking to yourself bystander.

bystander wrote:Go F yourself laker911.

laker911 wrote: :man10: :man10: :man10:

You guys killing me over here. Lol. :man10:
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby funkychunky on Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:26 pm

^ Sure, bystander sometimes is biased towards his country or whatnot, but aren't we all victims of showing bias in some form? He's been a great member and contributor on this board for a while so you guys should just let him be. And I thought it was expected for some new Spanish supporters to sign up on this board after yesterday's game.
funkychunky

Postby lakers_09tv on Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:31 pm

laker911 wrote:
bystander wrote:
leinad1973 wrote:if your message is for me, sorry if i write something that has bothered you. i just tried to express my feelings about yesterday´s game, nothing else. after all, this is just my second chance to see and nba team live so i was really excited!!

Not at all.

- Spanish -

Stop talking to yourself bystander.

Why the hell aren't you banned? Some of you really need to start showing other people some respect. Have some freaking class for once in your life. Just because they are from a different country doesn't make them any less of a human. Get over yourselves.

To the Spanish posters, ignore those ******. Feel free to post on the forum. Your opinions are welcomed here.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday