Thurs. 2/9 - Lakers @ Celtics - Predictions & Comments

Re: Thurs. 2/9 - Lakers @ Celtics - Predictions & Comments

Postby trodgers on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:49 pm

Good to see that there's no consensus. In brief: you don't have an answer. Or at the very least you don't have a reason to post the "OMFG KOB3!!! YOU SUCK! Low IQ!" It gets old.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:50 pm

trodgers wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:
trodgers wrote:Now that we've won...what would you have had Kobe do differently? I love coming to GD to chat with Lakers' fans, but I'm pretty sure I'm done. It's so frustrating reading people lose their **** about Kobe. What should he have done?

You mean besides taking more time off the clock, making the shot or passing the ball to an open teammate in that last stretch?

Shot clock was under 5. Make the shot? You don't control that part. Pass? Clock ran down, they ran an iso...no one was there for the pass.

Under 5 seconds but even if you don't get a shot off there would be next to no time for the Celtics to take or make a shot and you are up by one. The way it was they had 6 seconds. I would err on the side of running the clock into the ground.
Lakerjones

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:51 pm

Rooscooter wrote:
Weezy wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:Kobe is gassed..... no lift. Where does Allen get his energy.... dude is amazing at his age...

He doesn't have to play PG too he just has to catch and shoot.

yea.... but you see how much running from side to side he does to "just catch and shoot".... he is constant motion. He looks like he did 12 years ago...

All he does is run around, he's fit, he probably runs on the treadmill a lot. :mhihi: Not like he has to battle it out all game with guys hanging all over him like Kobe or our bigs, he just runs around. He does play defense though, so really you're probably right he's in amazing shape.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby 24fanyes on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:51 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:
24fanyes wrote:Can't wait for the CachookaMan highlights of KB :jam2:

GREAT WIN LAKERS!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. What a jocker.

hahaha what a hater
24fanyes

Postby trodgers on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Ray Allen is in excellent shape, but like Weezy said: he doesn't have dudes draped on him and fouling him all game long. He also played fewer minutes, and he entered the game later in the 4th than Kobe (by about 2 minutes, I think).
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:55 pm

Weezy wrote:
All he does is run around, he's fit, he probably runs on the treadmill a lot. :mhihi: Not like he has to battle it out all game with guys hanging all over him like Kobe or our bigs, he just runs around. He does play defense though, so really you're probably right he's in amazing shape.

People, and a lot of them here on CL think that somehow if you are over 30 years old you are done. Over 35 and you are apparently in the grave. Basketball is a game of skill and if you continue to keep yourself in great shape and continue to hone and refine your skills you can go a long way and go for a long time. Look at guys like Malone, Stockton, the Cap, MJ, Pippen, Rodman . . . these guys were really able to have long careers and play at a high level late into their 30s.
Lakerjones

Postby Lakeshow24 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:56 pm

I'm sure by now Ray Allen must hate Pau Gasol. Did you see that slight push he made to Gasol after he blocked his rebound putback attempt? He had a smirk on his face when he pushed Pau, kind of like "damnit I'm sick of you blocking my shots at the end of games." :man10:

That's twice now Ray Ray, twice.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby Finwë on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:56 pm

You can't blame Kobe entirely for those shots. Yes, they were bad shots, but to me it's more about the offense than him. The whole Mike Brown plan seemingly is to put kobe on iso at the top of the key. That's a huge burden on any player. He has to make everything happen for himself, no help at all.
What about some screens Mike? Some post-up action? some ball movement that confuses the D and then Kobe goes to work. 1 on 1 against a very physical (fouling a lot) Allen every possession shouldn't be easy for any player. Much less when you are 33 and second in the league in minutes because your coach can't seem to get you any rest in any game.

Also, I'd like to point out that every one here has applauded those same shots just because they've gone in. So it's actually not about the idea but about the result. If the result is good, we look the other way on the complete lack of an offensive scheme and the same shot selection you criticize now. If it's not good, all of the sudden Kobe gets killed out here.

I don't think any player in the world is capable of scoring at will against any type of defender every single time without any kind of offensive scheme to help him while not getting enough calls and being constantly trapped and doubled teamed because his teammates can't make a shot to save their lives.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby dneprovec on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:00 pm

:jam2: :jam2:
thank god Blake is back
Last edited by dneprovec on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dneprovec

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:01 pm

^^ The Mike Brown offense has been pretty lousy. He definitely takes some of the blame.
Lakerjones

Postby revgen on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:42 pm

Lakerjones wrote:^^ The Mike Brown offense has been pretty lousy. He definitely takes some of the blame.

Bynum with the ball at the 3pt line! :jam2:

Artest dribbling into the paint! :bow:
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby TSpence26 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:53 pm

This was a really good win for us. I was thrilled to beat those rivaled Celtics. I scared the crap out of my girlfrend running around ahahaha. ...

I still don't think we are complete contenders though, we can't rely on Gasol/Bynum/Kobe every night... Kobe looked completely gassed in the 4th.. it's like he's saving his legs for one more title run.....

I just want to win this division, get into the playoffs and go from there...

I also want Kobe to be the oldest player to win a scoring title so we need LeBron to stop scoring! Haha.

Let's hope we have enough energy tomorrow night.
TSpence26

Postby XXIV on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:32 pm

^ I thought MJ was the oldest player to win a scoring title at age 35?
XXIV

Postby hdtvset on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:07 am

If Pau didn't block Allen's last shoot, did he even shot it on-time before the shot clock expired? I couldn't tell by looking at the replay. :man12:
hdtvset

Postby revgen on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:01 am

^Yes. It left Allen's hand with 0.2 secs left. It would have counted if he made it.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby hdtvset on Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:42 am

revgen wrote:^Yes. It left Allen's hand with 0.2 secs left. It would have counted if he made it.

Thanks. :bow:
hdtvset

Postby nameant on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:29 am

TSpence26 wrote:I also want Kobe to be the oldest player to win a scoring title so we need LeBron to stop scoring!

XXIV wrote:^ I thought MJ was the oldest player to win a scoring title at age 35?

Yup. It's pretty common knowledge....and the commentators mentioned it.
nameant

Postby the best_24 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:25 am

Ariza68 wrote:The Closer??...My balls instead

you should GTFO from this forum.
the best_24

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday