Thurs. 3/26 - Lakers @ Detroit - Predictions & Comments

Postby Ras Algethi on Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:58 pm

Thursday, March 26
4:30 PM PST
TV: KCAL
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
Online Radio: The Game Live

Post all your comments here...

Don't forget to read through the CL Guidelines concerning personal attacks and swearing.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Re: 3/26 - Lakers @ Detroit - Predictions & Comments

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:59 pm

we have issues in Detroit lets make a stop to it now.
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Re: Thurs. 3/26 - Lakers @ Detroit - Predictions & Comments

Postby therealdeal on Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:24 pm

It'd be a great statement if they won this game. Not to mention if they lose it, they can almost certainly kiss home court good bye.

And yet again I'll miss most of this as I work late on Tuesdays and Thursdays... Dammit.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:32 pm

therealdeal wrote:It'd be a great statement if they won this game. Not to mention if they lose it, they can almost certainly kiss home court good bye.

And yet again I'll miss most of this as I work late on Tuesdays and Thursdays... Dammit.

don't yall have a tv?
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby nameant on Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:43 pm

Revenge.
nameant

Postby Heavier Than Heaven on Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:39 pm

Really, i think it might turn out to be an easy W.
BUCK FOSTON

Thanks to Mookie for Avy!
Heavier Than Heaven

Postby therealdeal on Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:46 pm

M4mb4 24 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:It'd be a great statement if they won this game. Not to mention if they lose it, they can almost certainly kiss home court good bye.

don't yall have a tv?

Yeah, but I can't typically get to a TV working late... I usually just keep up with yahoo sports play by play. Weak, but it's what I got. I should at least be able to catch the 4th quarter though, so it's not that bad.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:54 pm

Sheed, Hamilton, and Iverson were all doubtful last I heard. That is 3 former allstars out. I know we lost to the Suns without Amare and Nash, but come on. Stucky, Prince, Maxiel, Will Bynum, Aflalo, etc. should not even be able to make this close, unless the Lakers come out flat.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sheed and Hamilton are suddenly OK to play, as most guys want to play the Lakers. But Det has winnable games coming up and likely won't want to chance putting those players in with no practice time this week. If NONE of those 3 play, I will be very disappointed if Kobe and Pau need to play extended minutes for a win.

We need to conserve their energy for NJ, the second night of a back to back. Play focused, team ball, and this should not be a close game.

Also, remember Lakers, ONLY ONE TEAM IN THE LEAGUE has beaten you twice this year. Don't let this be the second. Avenge that first loss of the season....
tigerjeterkobe

Postby ZenMaster4President on Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:57 pm

And Hamilton is likely back. Surprise.
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby Slade366 on Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:23 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:Sheed, Hamilton, and Iverson were all doubtful last I heard. That is 3 former allstars out. I know we lost to the Suns without Amare and Nash, but come on. Stucky, Prince, Maxiel, Will Bynum, Aflalo, etc. should not even be able to make this close, unless the Lakers come out flat.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sheed and Hamilton are suddenly OK to play, as most guys want to play the Lakers. But Det has winnable games coming up and likely won't want to chance putting those players in with no practice time this week. If NONE of those 3 play, I will be very disappointed if Kobe and Pau need to play extended minutes for a win.

We need to conserve their energy for NJ, the second night of a back to back. Play focused, team ball, and this should not be a close game.

Also, remember Lakers, ONLY ONE TEAM IN THE LEAGUE has beaten you twice this year. Don't let this be the second. Avenge that first loss of the season....

The suns had Nash when we lost to them, they didn't have him when we beat them
Slade366

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:40 am

We should crush them. I want revenge for our first loss of the season.

Lakers by 16.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby d.James on Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:50 am

GO LAKERS!

(I want my Pistons to land Blake Griffin and Mike Curry to be fired).

Per NBA.com wrote:Allen Iverson is sidelined indefinitely with a sore back that has kept him out of 14 straight games, Richard Hamilton has a nagging groin injury that's forced him out of the last five and Rasheed Wallace has sat out eight in a row with a strained left calf.

Iverson isn't expected back soon, and the statuses of Hamilton and Wallace for Thursday's game are uncertain.

"We really need those guys back," said Prince, averaging 18.7 points but shooting 43.1 percent over his last nine games. "But at the same time, while they're not here, we've got to figure out a way in the situation we have. We almost have to play perfect basketball to come out with a win."

Detroit is 13-25 since a season-high seven-game winning streak from Dec. 23-Jan. 4.

"We need to stay the course and try to control what we can control," coach Michael Curry said.

With expectation comes responsibility. Respect is earned. When opportunity arises, preparation will calm nerves, inspire confidence, and help you to realize the moment. Where there is failure is a blueprint of how to improve. To fail to learn, even with talent, makes you ordinary. To learn from all experiences is to learn to become the best.
www.facebook.com/loudaboutbasketball
d.James
Clublakers Rep: Pistons

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:56 am

I always knew you were a closet Laker fan.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby d.James on Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:20 am

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:I always knew you were a closet Laker fan.

I am. No team has my emotions right now, but their group is great right now. I'd love to see them whip the Cavaliers in the Finals.
With expectation comes responsibility. Respect is earned. When opportunity arises, preparation will calm nerves, inspire confidence, and help you to realize the moment. Where there is failure is a blueprint of how to improve. To fail to learn, even with talent, makes you ordinary. To learn from all experiences is to learn to become the best.
www.facebook.com/loudaboutbasketball
d.James
Clublakers Rep: Pistons

Postby Samarian on Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:29 am

The Pistons are without 2 of their main guys... they better win.
Can't stop, Won't stop chingy and dem gunnaz cause we, we get down baby we get down, girls them girls they love us.
Samarian

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:35 am

Slade366 wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:Sheed, Hamilton, and Iverson were all doubtful last I heard. That is 3 former allstars out. I know we lost to the Suns without Amare and Nash, but come on. Stucky, Prince, Maxiel, Will Bynum, Aflalo, etc. should not even be able to make this close, unless the Lakers come out flat.

The suns had Nash when we lost to them, they didn't have him when we beat them

you sure about that???????
tigerjeterkobe

Postby KB24 on Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:37 am

we have no excuses for tonight.....MUST WIN

but the Lakers usually play down to the competition especially when they are hurt...

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Jackson's10th on Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:55 am

I always hate our chances going up against detroit because we're somewhat of a soft team and detroit (for all of their offensive woes) plays physical basketball.
No fan can tell another fan how he/she is supposed to respond to a game. Thats not another fan's job. If I feel like the Lakers are playing or played like crap then thats just MY feeling. I'm highly critical of our team's defense (thats just me) but I'm sure I'm not the only one that cringes at our defense. For someone to try to tell me how to react to a game...well...thats just plain silly.
Jackson's10th

Postby Jojotheone on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:37 am

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090326/SPORTS0102/903260452/1127/sports0102/Three+Pistons+out+for+game+vs.+Lakers

AUBURN HILLS -- The Pistons have confirmed that Allen Iverson (back), Rasheed Wallace (calf) and Richard Hamilton (groin) would not play in Thursday's game against the Lakers at The Palace (7:30 p.m., FSN Detroit).

Should be a win...
Jojotheone

Postby BillCosby on Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:11 pm

dont count them out.... nobodies have a tendancy to have career nights against us.
BillCosby

Postby Jackson's10th on Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:21 pm

I don't have a good feeling about this game.
No fan can tell another fan how he/she is supposed to respond to a game. Thats not another fan's job. If I feel like the Lakers are playing or played like crap then thats just MY feeling. I'm highly critical of our team's defense (thats just me) but I'm sure I'm not the only one that cringes at our defense. For someone to try to tell me how to react to a game...well...thats just plain silly.
Jackson's10th

Postby Zheka on Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:33 pm

Hoping for revenge. Also detroit will be hell of a ***** beating us twice and losing to our rivals
Zheka

Postby Helljumper on Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:36 pm

This game comes down to Kobe playing smart and not sucking in the Palace for once and Pau not getting out muscled by Kwame.
Helljumper

Postby from714to402 on Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:54 pm

I have class tonight, I hate missing these games. :bang:
from714to402

Postby therealdeal on Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:06 pm

^ I've got work, so we're in the same boat. I'm going to keep track on the yahoo sports page... Best I can do.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Next

Return to Lakers Game Tonight