Thurs. 3/10 - Lakers @ Heat - Predictions & Comments

Re: Thurs. 3/10 - Lakers @ Heat - Predictions & Comments

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:46 pm

Weezy wrote:
scissors wrote:only two pages of posts on a big game day. i remember couple of years ago where the game day pages were at least 50 pages long on any given night and big games would be a lot more.

I don't think it really is a big game. We most likely wouldn't see them in the Finals this year, they pretty much suck right now so beating them doesn't mean much, and if they do win you can chalk it up to them NEEDING a win and wanting to beat us more than anyone because Wade and LeBron are clearly jealous of Kobe. To me SA and Boston are big games, this is hype.

It's big because we're trying to pass the Mavs, which we'll do if they lose to the Knicks and we win this game. We also want to avenge our Christmas Day blowout loss. Other than that, I agree with your post.
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby gonitype123 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:30 pm

Win by 10.
gonitype123

Postby OCLakersFan247 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:37 pm

the chances CL crashes tonight with a win or a loss: 98%
"expose foes with hocus pocus flows, they froze, now suckas idealize my chosen blows"-2pac

"Check the Franck Mueller...the color of the Lakers"-Clipse
OCLakersFan247

Postby BadCoaching on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:44 pm

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: im psyched. I want to see Bynum with 15+ rebounds again and 3+ blocks, be awesome to see Pau step it up and crush Bosh. I know Kobe will show up not worried much there, just with him getting into foul trouble.
BadCoaching

Postby KB24 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:52 pm

scissors wrote:only two pages of posts on a big game day. i remember couple of years ago where the game day pages were at least 50 pages long on any given night and big games would be a lot more.

you are right and you know why that is? because people aren't worried with the Lakers anymore as much as they used to in the past...go check out 2005-2008...the gameday threads were FULL of people because you never knew whether the Lakers win or lose...any game could go either way...so it was a hell lot more exciting to follow the regular season.

With the Lakers not fighting for the playoffs etc...people just want this annoying games to be over without injuries and then follow the post season.

I remember being SOOOO happy because we won a game on the road in Sacramento. Today I wouldn't even try very hard to see the game. Then I look and see we have won like 103-92 and I'm upset why Sacramento would have 17 offensive rebounds...

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Aristotlexxx on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:56 pm

I think tonight's game against the Heat will be a very close contest because both teams have something to prove! Miami has to prove that they can get a win after losing 5 consecutive loses and the Lakers have to prove that they can get a win over Miami! Even though it will be a hard fast pace game, I predict the Lakers will win and go on to a 9 game winning streak!
Aristotlexxx

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:57 pm

OCLakersFan247 wrote:the chances CL crashes tonight with a win or a loss: 98%

We'll see. Towards the end of the game in Portland (as it was wrapping up in OT), CL crashed for me, so I wouldn't be surprised if it did so again. Let's hope it doesn't.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby DanielBeltz24 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:15 pm

While my friends are going out tonight for thirsty thursday because we are on Spring Break, I'll be watching the Lakeshow. Nothing better then listening to "Champion" by ron ron and "Kobe Bryant" by Lil Wayne and "Lakers Anthem" by Ice Cube and others. Beat the heat.
DanielBeltz24

Postby scissors on Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:21 pm

KB24 wrote:

you are right and you know why that is? because people aren't worried with the Lakers anymore as much as they used to in the past...go check out 2005-2008...the gameday threads were FULL of people because you never knew whether the Lakers win or lose...any game could go either way...so it was a hell lot more exciting to follow the regular season.

With the Lakers not fighting for the playoffs etc...people just want this annoying games to be over without injuries and then follow the post season.

I remember being SOOOO happy because we won a game on the road in Sacramento. Today I wouldn't even try very hard to see the game. Then I look and see we have won like 103-92 and I'm upset why Sacramento would have 17 offensive rebounds...

yeah the excitement of regular season seems to have gone a bit. i came on this site couple of years ago and i remember posting on game day threads after every single play during the game. sometimes i would miss something exciting cause i was too busy typing. but now i come on the game day and its only a handful of people so i don't see myself posting any more.
scissors

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:29 pm

scissors wrote:
KB24 wrote:

yeah the excitement of regular season seems to have gone a bit. i came on this site couple of years ago and i remember posting on game day threads after every single play during the game. sometimes i would miss something exciting cause i was too busy typing. but now i come on the game day and its only a handful of people so i don't see myself posting any more.

I would post more in the Gameday threads, but my PC (which is a few years old and often slows up on me) is in a different room than my TV (I don't watch online), so I run back and forth to post during the commercial breaks. If I had a new laptop and wi-fi, I would be posting after every play. :man10:

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby LakerFanIam on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:03 pm

LakerFanIam

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:18 pm

^Thanks. I didn't know Bosh had an account on YouTube. :man10:

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby Legendary on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:28 pm

Listening to the pregame show on ESPN 710, Spero said Bynum showed up to the arena to get some early work in before tip-off.

Sounds like he's focused and ready to go. Hopefully the refs let him play...especially on the defensive end.
Legendary

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:34 pm

^Good to hear Drew working on his shot before the game. I'm sure his defense will continue to be great, but I also hope he gets some touches and scores in double-digits against Miami. :jam2:

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby laakers on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:34 pm

Honestly... this game couldn't be set up any better for the Heat. 8 game win streak for us 5 game losing streak for them. And of course this is going to be the game where the rediscover themselves and hit clutch shots. :bang:
laakers

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:36 pm

^That's why it'll be even more satisfying when the Lakers beat the Heat. :man1:

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby Legendary on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:39 pm

Isn't it pathetic that we even have to worry about the refs? It's a damn shame they influence these games so much.
Legendary

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:51 pm

Legendary wrote:Isn't it pathetic that we even have to worry about the refs? It's a damn shame they influence these games so much.

They do, and it's unfortunate, but if the Lakers come out strong and build a lead like they did in SA, I don't think the refs will be able to help the Heat in this game. They could make the score closer though.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby MISSINGNO on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:02 pm

Come on Lakers, lets stay cool. Lmao
MISSINGNO

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:02 pm

what a pathetic intro
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby laakers on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:07 pm

Chuck spoke some hella true words about Wade's "The world is happy we're losing." Then Kenny said Lebron should have the ball in his hands at the end of games. lol
laakers

Postby Spanish Assassin on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:10 pm

haha :jam2: at Charles's comments about the heat
Spanish Assassin

Postby Showtime'sDynasty on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:11 pm

Chuck channeling his inner C-Webb. :jam2:

And that clutch stat was telling. Hope Abbot was watching.

But they better at least MENTION the Lakers pretty damn soon :bang:
Showtime'sDynasty

Postby venky on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:13 pm

Someone please please please put up a pic of the clutch shots comparison between Kobe and LeBron and Wade.
venky

Postby DanielBeltz24 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:15 pm

Chuck is a Laker hater but holy [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] he is hilarious. Telling the Jet to channel his inner mexican, and not like those idiots in Arizona. And then bashing LeBron's 4th quarters. Oh my :bow:
DanielBeltz24

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday