Thurs. 1/19 - Lakers @ Heat - Predictions & Comments

Postby Weezy on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:47 pm

Thursday, January 19th
Live: 5:00 PM PST
TV: TNT
Radio: KSPN-AM 710/KWKW-AM 1330
Online Radio: The Game Live

Post all your comments here...

Don't forget to read through the CL G uidelines concerning personal attacks and swearing.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Re: Thurs. 1/19 - Lakers @ Heat - Predictions & Comments

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:08 am

I'm not too sure about this game, it looked pretty bad out there tonight regarding our offense. Hopefully it's a different showing and we're able to pick up another road win. It's gonna be a hostile environment and I don't see anyone on our team able to contain LeBron.
Jazzygirl205

Postby magicman32 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:46 am

It seems like lebronze always beats us

Miami has a good team with many contributors

Even without wade they can be a top seed

Please lakers get this W
magicman32

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:09 pm

3-0 on my predictions dating back to the Cavs game. I have this one as a loss and I don't think it will be pretty either.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby ISM ELIAS on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:00 pm

Heat are going to destroy the us like they did with the Spurms today. Our offense looks terrible, and we are playing with no interest. :man5:
ISM ELIAS

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:58 pm

On the road againts Bosh, Lebron and probably Wade...we play smart and go to Bynum early, we might stand a chance... if Kobe start the game and plays as he always have against LBJ and Wade, expect a blowout in the first quarter. Hopefully he plays with maturity in getting the win rather than outshowing those two.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:14 am

Will be a blowout loss ... we'll end up with 25-30 turnovers
wcsoldier81

Postby dj vitus on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:15 pm

If we can defend their 3 ball and get them frustrated with our defense, I think we have a chance.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby XXIV on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:24 pm

dj vitus wrote:If we can defend their 3 ball and get them frustrated with our defense, I think we have a chance.

Easier said than done.
XXIV

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:11 am

The keys to this game are turnovers and transition defense ... Miami D is just great at getting hands in the passing lanes , stripped players in traffic and then they're just running for easy baskets ... combined this with the fact our offense is just very stagnant , we can't take care of the ball to save our life and our transition D is pathetic ... these are the reasons I think we have no chance.
wcsoldier81

Postby ISM ELIAS on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:37 am

LeBron James sent home from shootaround with illness. Status for tonight vs. Lakers to be determined

-Brian Windhorst on Twitter
ISM ELIAS

Postby karacha on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:19 am

We should really win this. Wade is out and Bron probably won't play since he has a flu. Basically, it's our bigs vs Bosh and no one to really guard Kobe full-time. On paper this = easy win.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:34 am

karacha wrote:We should really win this. Wade is out and Bron probably won't play since he has a flu. Basically, it's our bigs vs Bosh and no one to really guard Kobe full-time. On paper this = easy win.

Agreed, but but but.....will the Lakers relax and then be overwhelmed by the energy of Mia's back ups? That same team of Bosh and back-ups beat Atlanta, and that was IN Atlanta.

If thye focus, the Lakers could put this away and rest the core in the 4th for the game against Orlando tomorrow.

Either way, you can pretty much gurantee that either Chalmers or Cole will have a career high. Should be fun seeing Cole and Morris go at each other though.

Battier, Jones, and Miller can make Kobe work. He should just settle for 20 points and go for 10 plus assists feeding the bigs.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:30 am

karacha wrote:We should really win this. Wade is out and Bron probably won't play since he has a flu. Basically, it's our bigs vs Bosh and no one to really guard Kobe full-time. On paper this = easy win.

that's just an excuse in the event the heat lose, i bet he plays. then they can blame it on the fact that wade was out AND lebron was sick if they lose, or be like "look how awesome we are, we won without wade and lebron was sick"

that said, i have a feeling we're gonna lose...and it's gonna be painful.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:59 pm

If LeBron doesn't play I honestly don't think there is a point of watching this game. Nothing good comes out of it win or lose.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby GoatMilk16 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:40 pm

Villain jerseys tonight

GoatMilk16

Postby Forward Three on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:47 pm

I've had this one down as a L since the top of the season. The Heat, until very recently, have been looking like the #1 team in basketball, while the Lakers have been looking more like a "solid seed, with finals potential but a lot of rough edges". Of course, a lot has changed since then. Lakers looking better and Heat looking worse, also with D.Wade (And possibly LEbron?) out, the game may well become an easy "W*".

The only thing that really matters to me is that the Lakers offense isn't so abysmal tonight as it was against the Mavericks. That was one of the least entertaining basketball games I've ever seen.

My Keys to the game:
~ Contain Mario Chalmers, this guy has been burning teams with timely and effective three point shooting all season long. He might not seem like a threat next to guys like Lebron and Bosh, but he has been money from range and teams keep disrespecting that for some reason.
~ Keep Bosh in the paint. Bosh loves sneaking out and 'sniping' jumpers, and he is probably most effective as a scorer when he is doing this. It may seem counterintuitive, but the more the Lakers can keep him on the block and contain him there, the better.
~ Kobe has to score. Lakers fans have always had a love/hate relationship with Kobe's scoring. He is as potent as the league has ever seen, but the way he does it doesn't jive with people's sensibilities. Still, the team tends to win more often than not when Kobe is doing what he knows how to do, and outside of a couple of bad games this year, Kobe's scoring has been very effective.
Last edited by Forward Three on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forward Three

Postby Forward Three on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:54 pm

GoatMilk16 wrote:Villain jerseys tonight

Too bad it's not a Sunday game, that'd be kind of funny otherwise.
Forward Three

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:05 pm

Great...I was hoping Wade would play...now this kind of puts more pressure on us to win this game with Wade out...if we lose, it's going to be "OH HO HO HOOHOHOHOOOOOO LEBRON JAMES BEAT THE LAKERS WITHOUT DWADE OH HO HOOO HOHOHOHOOOOOO" (mike breen voice). This is a game we SHOULD win now with Wade out, but knowing the Lakers, they will make this game close and then lose at the end with all the 3s that Miami is gonna hit.

I'm going to pray we win cuz we absolutely have to now with Wade out. And of course if we win, this game 'won't count' in the eyes of NBA analysts because clearly Wade is their 2nd best player...
FabFourLakers

Postby strategos on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:39 pm

For some reason I'm optimistic about both upcoming road games, expect big things from Bynum and Gasol
strategos

Postby trodgers on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Without Wade I like the Lakers in a convincing show of Western Confeference might.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby kenzo on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Finally a game i can watch on the big screen (orl too). Hope we can score more than 80 :bang:
kenzo

Postby bystander on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:01 pm

watching tnt intro, i would pay money to know what really kobe thinks of lecrab.
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby Legendary on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:06 pm

Let's see...so far Fat-Head-Chuck has said LeBron is the best player in the world, three times.

We get it...you like LeBron.
Legendary

Postby scissors on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:07 pm

Lakers are due for a win over an elite team.
scissors

Next

Return to Lakers Game Tonight