Thurs. 12/13 - Lakers @ Knicks - Predictions & Comments

Postby Weezy on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:23 pm

Tuesday, December 13th
Live: 5:00 PM PST
TV: TNT
Radio: KSPN-AM 710/KWKW-AM 1330
Online Radio Link: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?s=la

Post all your comments here...

Don't forget to read through the CL Guidelines concerning personal attacks and swearing.

I have a feeling this is going to be ugly, it's going to rain open 3's by the Knicks. Then again, they could come out and shock us all by blowing out the Knicks, this Laker team is impossible to figure out.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Re: Thurs. 12/13 - Lakers @ Knicks - Predictions & Comments

Postby Heavier Than Heaven on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:34 pm

With this ridiculously awful team so far, I have more confidence against good teams than bad ones. That being said, probably a L.
BUCK FOSTON

Thanks to Mookie for Avy!
Heavier Than Heaven

Postby XXIV on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:40 pm

We tend to play better against the good teams than the bad, but I still think this will be a loss. No Pau, no Nash, and the Knicks will likely rain down 3s with our horrid defense.
XXIV

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:42 pm

lmao. the knicks are gonna destroy us.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby trodgers on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:52 pm

A team with a once great legacy will win the game.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:13 pm

The Knicks are my team of the East considering I have been following Melo all of his career, perhaps I will be rooting for them just this one game since we suck so bad :man1:

But on a serious not, Kobe will try to put up 50 in MSG & it will lead to another loss while Howard gets only 7 attempts.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:19 pm

with the way we have been playing...and knowing how the knicks will want to stick it to d'antoni...we're likely effed.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby trodgers on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:36 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:The Knicks are my team of the East considering I have been following Melo all of his career, perhaps I will be rooting for them just this one game since we suck so bad :man1:

But on a serious not, Kobe will try to put up 50 in MSG & it will lead to another loss while Howard gets only 7 attempts.

Howard consumed 27 possessions tonight. He produced 25 points on those possessions, for 0.93 points per possession. It was above his season average and above his season average per 36 minutes.

Meanwhile Kobe consumed 39 possessions, produced 45 points, and averaged 1.18 points per possession. The team was under 1.00, and the second best rate on the team was 0.95.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:12 am

trodgers wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:The Knicks are my team of the East considering I have been following Melo all of his career, perhaps I will be rooting for them just this one game since we suck so bad :man1:

Howard consumed 27 possessions tonight. He produced 25 points on those possessions, for 0.93 points per possession. It was above his season average and above his season average per 36 minutes.

Meanwhile Kobe consumed 39 possessions, produced 45 points, and averaged 1.18 points per possession. The team was under 1.00, and the second best rate on the team was 0.95.

So.....anyway, as I was saying...

GoldenKnight

Postby RushDelivery on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:31 am

fkmikebrown wrote:lmao. the knicks are gonna destroy us.

Unfortunately this is probably what will happen, meaning the Lakers will likely be 9-14 and slowly but surely falling out of playoff contention.
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." - Frederic Bastiat
RushDelivery

Postby Finwë on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:49 am

GoldenKnight wrote:
trodgers wrote:

What, you are gonna ignore statistical evidence that at least partially disproves your statements?
What trodgers pointed out has happened before btw (Howard being a lot less effective in terms of producing points with the possessions he consumes than Kobe on offense).
I guess it's easier to blame Kobe.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby KB24 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:48 am

This will get ugly

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:48 am

It's a sad state of affairs when I actually expect us to lose to the Knicks
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:57 am

A BIG FAT L.

Knicks will come out blazing with a ton of energy and the desire to beat us while we wont match or even come close to the energy we should bring daily as professional athletes who are being embarrassed by the ENTIRE league. It'll be a slow sluggish uninspired start filled with turnovers and lazy play followed by a "wake-up" quarter to trim the lead but it will be too late and not enough. Kobe will continue what he's been doing and the rest of the team will not be involved on O and thus not on D either. Dwight will have limited touches in the paint even though they probably wont double him bc they have Tyson down there...so even if Dwight get touches, Tyson can use ALL his energy on Dwight on D (bc he doesn't have to do anything but set screens on O) and thus Dwight will miss a ton of his post shots bc hes already struggling with them against subpar defenders as he doesnt have his athleticism and hangtime like he had before the injury. Kidd will drill 3's bc Kobe will sag off and leave him wide open and of course Melo will go off by driving past Metta but also Knicks' role players will kill ours (Novak, Copeland, Brewer, & JR...probably even Sheed will get in on the action) and they'll get their crowd going in which they'll just make every shot it seems. Duhon & Morris will be killed by Felton's penetration and kickouts to their amazing 3 point shooters and also the drop offs to Tyson as Dwight will help but no one will help him. Kobe will try to will his team back by going into chuck mode (which will be all game too) but it wont happen. We dont even have to watch the game anymore...

Expect a loss no matter how close or within reach the game is...we're not playing together enough to overcome a big deficit like other teams do. We don't run an offense when were down, we play kobeball which wont get us consistent wins. Maybe we can move on and beat the Wizards and get one lousy win out of this road trip...but then again, who are we kidding, they'll probably whoop us after a loss to the Knicks and we'll prob wont recover mentally as a team until Nash is back...if then even.
Ariza3

Postby kenzo on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:46 am

i was pretty close with my LA-CLE prediction :bang: so i'll take another shot. 93-112 loss
kenzo

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:01 am

Gunna be a long night for us.
Ariza3

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:15 am

I wish I could watch the game on TWC because Chuck will also be calling this game for TNT :hurl:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:43 am

I don't even know if I will watch, and I live in New York State. I just can't take the frustration anymore. I know my remote control won't last "threw" this game.

I would love to see Kobe distributing early and us running like we did against Denver and Dallas, but...

I forsee Kobe trying to get his in the Garden again (and Kidd and JR forcing Kobe into a bad %), Ron getting destroyed by Melo (on the glass and otherwise), our role players totally disappearing with all the Knick energy, and a very low shooting percentage (like against the Pacers), leading to no energy or interest on D, slumping shoulders, and tons of Knick 3s raining down in transition and off screens (since Kobe and Ron have no interest in hustling on D and fighting through screens). What will Howard do? Nothing I guess, because without Kobe facilitating and a PG to set him up, he is not very useful.

Dwight will be on the phone with his pal Smith in Atlanta after this loss, making plans to play with his home-town team next year.

But what did Jim and Mitch expect -- signing Morris, Ebanks, Sacre, etc. as depth on a contending team?? When guys like Pietrus, West, Robinson, Foye, Martin etc. were out there for min contracts... :disagree:

I just hope nobody gets injured in this game. I have a bad feeling that we haven't even seen rock bottom yet... I hope Gasol is enjoying his rest -- having decided HIMSELF to sit a few weeks out.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby Forward Three on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:13 pm

Predicting a loss. There is the off-chance that, for whatever reason, the team tightens up and focuses because they're facing a 'good' team, but with how consistently bad LA has been defensively, even if they do manage to play some good stretches of basketball, they're more likely to give up a 35-40 point quarter or otherwise just allow the Knicks to build a 12-15 point lead that they have to crawl out of...again. Not to mention that I'm really not confident at all that the Lakers playing at their best is good enough to beat a team like the Knicks playing at their best. Seems like the only way LA has been winning ball games lately has been because they happen to get hot from outside, but even then they still exhibit many of the same traits they exhibit in their losses.

Until the Lakers can start demonstrating that they have the capability of not burying themselves on a near nightly basis, it's very difficult to see how they are going to win any games other than the opponent simply disrespecting them enough to half-[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] it themselves.
Forward Three

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:47 pm

Finwë wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:
trodgers wrote:

What, you are gonna ignore statistical evidence that at least partially disproves your statements?
What trodgers pointed out has happened before btw (Howard being a lot less effective in terms of producing points with the possessions he consumes than Kobe on offense).
I guess it's easier to blame Kobe.

Who's blaming Kobe? Quit acting like we don't expect Kobe to try to go for 50 to impress the MSG crowd, he does it every single time. It's like when he's close to a milestone, don't tell me you don't expect him to go get it by over shooting...

GoldenKnight

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:08 pm

Don't expect much after last night's showing. Feels like a blowout loss. But that's why they play the games - you never know.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby dj vitus on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:05 pm

We'll be down 27 sometime in the 3rd and end up losing by 16.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby trodgers on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:45 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:So.....anyway, as I was saying...

Last year: 11-29, 34 pts Loss
12-17, 33 pts W
8-24, 27 pts L
19-31, 61 W
14-28, 39 w
7-17 40 w
7-17, 30 l
7-13, 21, W
17-27, 46, W

Past ten years in New York:
9 games, 203 FGA, 102 FGM, 331 points, 6-3 record (Has shot over 20 times in four of those 9 games, over 30 twice).

That averages out to: 11.3 FGM, 22.6 FGA, 36.8 PPG.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby themasterphil on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:32 am

-14....one ugly loss ...maybe a quick blow out....Novak with 21, Melo 38, Kobe 44......9-14 and it will be continued in was
themasterphil

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:28 am

Turn Felton into a scorer off the high PNR semi penetration ... he's bricking all these "in -between shots" from 5/6 to 15 feet and you know he's going to keep shooting them
wcsoldier81

Next

Return to Lakers Gameday