LAKERS-4-LIFE
Lqv2015

Re: Thurs. 4/8 - Lakers @ Nuggets - Predictions & Comments

Postby khmrP on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:32 pm

wow 2 TO left, does Phil even freakin draw up a play good god
khmrP

Postby AIRBROWN on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:32 pm

Well I thought we get whooped in this game, but I'm glad how we played, but Fisher come on, pass the rock, you think your Kobe running the clock down till the last second

Great Team play

Just disappointed with Fisher on the last shot
AIRBROWN

Postby followwind on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:33 pm

Shannon 3/12, 0A
Fisher 2/11, 4A
Farmar 3/8, 1A
Sasha 3/12, 1A

Total: 11/43 37 pts. 6 [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] assists.

THE GUARDS OF THE DEFENDING CHAMPION LAKERS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. :bang: :bang: :bang:
followwind

Postby RAZN74 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:33 pm

Where the hell was the time out... you dont have Kobe. You NEED to set a play
RAZN74

Postby TT24 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:33 pm

mamatheregoesthatman wrote:Fish was bad, but Brown made a bad pass, instead of holding the ball and calling time.

While that's true, we still had a chance to tie or go for the win. But it was really the turnovers in the last 2 minutes that killed us.
TT24

Postby revgen on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:33 pm

If you want to bash Fish, then go ahead, but the guy I'm blaming for this loss is LO. 5 points from LO? That's not going to get it done. Not with Kobe out.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:33 pm

followwind wrote:Shannon 3/12, 0A
Fisher 2/11, 4A
Farmar 3/8, 1A
Sasha 3/12, 1A

Total: 11/43 37 pts. 6 [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] assists.

THE GUARDS OF THE DEFENDING CHAMPION LAKERS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Pathetic. :man5:
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby followwind on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:34 pm

Forward Three wrote:Disappointing loss, but there is a lot of silver lining here. They didn't do great, but the Bench definitely had more life than we've seen in recent games. In particular second chance opportunities and offensive rebounding they were looking crisp. This could have been a lot worse. If the bench can continue to get minutes, dial in and amp themselves up I will like our chances moving forward a lot more.

Silver lining with 10 days left until playoff starts?

Holy...
followwind

Postby Armani on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:34 pm

Goddamn...seriously. So after being THAT CLOSE...ugh. Such a terrible ending to what was otherwise a solid effort by the Lakers.
Armani

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:34 pm

revgen wrote:If you want to bash Fish, then go ahead, but the guy I'm blaming for this loss is LO. 5 points from LO? That's not going to get it done. Not with Kobe out.

LO, and also Brown, who made an errant pass, when he should've held the ball and called a TO. And all the guards other than Kobe, of course.
Last edited by mamatheregoesthatman on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby TT24 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:35 pm

revgen wrote:If you want to bash Fish, then go ahead, but the guy I'm blaming for this loss is LO. 5 points from LO? That's not going to get it done. Not with Kobe out.

We still had a chane to win with LO scoring only 5. The turnovers to give and extend the lead for Den killed us the most. Once again, I though LA should have run plays for/through him.
TT24

Postby AIRBROWN on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:37 pm

Wow the Lakers almost won without Kobe, Bynum and Lamar Odom in the game
AIRBROWN

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:37 pm

Really a throw away game for us though so no worries but Fisher should not have the ball. He should spot up not create plays at the end.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:39 pm

AIRBROWN wrote:Wow the Lakers almost won without Kobe, Bynum and Lamar Odom in the game

LO played but only scored five, so he was practically missing. :bang:

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby revgen on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:39 pm

TT24 wrote:

We still had a chane to win with LO scoring only 5. The turnovers to give and extend the lead for Den killed us the most. Once again, I though LA should have run plays for/through him.

In a close game? No. Without our closer, we need to be doing our work early. Denver still has Chauncey and Melo, so they don't have to sweat when it's close. If LO played the way he's capable of, we don't have to play it close down the stretch.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby AIRBROWN on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:40 pm

The Lakers made a statement in this game though, even though the loss was disappointing, not that bad of a loss
AIRBROWN

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:41 pm

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Really a throw away game for us though so no worries but Fisher should not have the ball. He should spot up not create plays at the end.

This was a throwaway game? You do know that LA will probably face Denver in the playoffs, and HCA for the Lakers over the Magic is still up for grabs, don't you? :man3:

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:43 pm

AIRBROWN wrote:The Lakers made a statement in this game though, even though the loss was disappointing, not that bad of a loss

Every loss is equally bad. But it's time to move on.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby AIRBROWN on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:44 pm

mamatheregoesthatman wrote:
KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Really a throw away game for us though so no worries but Fisher should not have the ball. He should spot up not create plays at the end.

This was a throwaway game? You do know that LA will probably face Denver in the playoffs, and HCA for the Lakers over the Magic is still up for grabs, don't you? :man3:

I care about Kobe and Bynum health over HCA over the Magic. I would sacrafice HCA in the Finals for the health of our 2 star players
AIRBROWN

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:45 pm

revgen wrote:
TT24 wrote:

In a close game? No. Without our closer, we need to be doing our work early. Denver still has Chauncey and Melo, so they don't have to sweat when it's close. If LO played the way he's capable of, we don't have to play it close down the stretch.

Exactly. We got the no-show Lamar tonight.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby lakers_09tv on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:45 pm

a throw away game? You do know with this loss, Orlando now has a better record than us right?
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:46 pm

AIRBROWN wrote:
mamatheregoesthatman wrote:

I care about Kobe and Bynum health over HCA over the Magic. I would sacrafice HCA in the Finals for the health of our 2 star players

So do I, AIR. I was just responding to Kareem saying this was a throwaway game.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby TT24 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:47 pm

revgen wrote:
TT24 wrote:

Yeah but still. I want Lamar to play better period, but at the same time, the silly turnovers in the last 2 is what killed us the most. We took poor shots and let Denver score easily. Phil needs to call timeouts when we're are down. I want us to actually run a play like we want to win.
TT24

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:47 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:

a throw away game? You do know with this loss, Orlando now has a better record than us right?

I know the Lakers and Magic are tied in W-L, and split the season series. Do the Magic really have the better record, and if so, why do they have it?

mamatheregoesthatman

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday