Thurs. 11/11 - Lakers @ Nuggets - Predictions & Comments

Re: Thurs. 11/11 - Lakers @ Nuggets - Predictions & Comments

Postby lakers_09tv on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:37 pm

revgen wrote:Pau was worse than Kobe tonight. We run the offense through Pau and he let himself be pushed around by Al Harrington.

In any case, it was defense that lost us the game. Not offense.

It was a combination of both. You don't shoot 40% from the field and then say it wasn't a problem.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby Ariza68 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:37 pm

TT24 wrote:
bruddahmanmatt wrote:And BTW, about that "other" 7' guy that folks said we didn't need...yeeeeeeeah. :man10:

Exactly. WHen the reports came out about CB for Drew, MANY wanted that to happen, saying how, "Pau has been play C since he's been here and Pau can hold his own, etc." Can you imagine if it was CB and Pau matched up tonight? Pau did NOTHING against Al and Nene!

Most centers in the NBA would sigh for a 17p 20rb night. For Pau this can be one of his worst games in a Lakers uniform.
Ariza68

Postby jbum on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:38 pm

Pau went back to the 2008 version of Pau. He got pushed around by stronger defenders and just got bullied. He lost the ball numerous times because he just couldn't push through the defenders.
"We've got to be one of the worst "best" teams in league history"

"Good teams stop the other team... not just outscore them. Just look at the Warriors of past and Phoenix. Score, score, score... but we all know the ending there."
jbum

Postby darren8910 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:45 pm

The Lakers didn't play too well in the fourth quarter. I really think Phil Jackson made a dire mistake by not calling a timeout in the middle of the fourth when the score was tied. All he did was insert Kobe. The Nuggets gained too much momentum in the subsequent plays after that and the Lakers never had a chance to recover from the blow. It didn't help that Lamar had a really off night.
darren8910

Postby darren8910 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:46 pm

jbum wrote:Pau went back to the 2008 version of Pau. He got pushed around by stronger defenders and just got bullied. He lost the ball numerous times because he just couldn't push through the defenders.

Agreed - Nene bullied him in the post tonight.
darren8910

Postby SGK_81 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:42 am

Pau was 17/20 in his worst game this season
Trade him for Bosh+Arroyo asap !! :bang:
SGK_81

Postby odom1year on Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:52 am

Please stop shooting too much Kobe, especially you have great teammates. Let Gasoft to be the MAN of the game.
odom1year

Postby THE_LAKE_SHOW24 on Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:12 pm

SGK_81 wrote:Pau was 17/20 in his worst game this season
Trade him for Bosh+Arroyo asap !! :bang:

Sice we've had Pau we've gone to the finals three times, won it twice. He's the most skilled big man in the league. Chris Bosh is getting exposed by those bright lights down in South Beach for how soft he actually is, he's been disappearing. We are too deep at point guard with 5x champ D Fish and Steve Blake who can easily start on any other team in the league. Therefore, your statement is probably the dumbest i've heard in years.
Can you guys do anything to free you up off of him or make some adjustments for next game?
-"Um I'm not really too concerned about it to be honest with you. I mean I'm more concerned about gettin' rebounds & loose balls, stuff like that. When push comes to shove I can always get a bucket."
Kobe Bryant; Postgame interview game 4 2010 NBA Finals
THE_LAKE_SHOW24

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:36 am

the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday