Tue. 11/23 vs. Bucks - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby shoe on Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:58 pm

Queens comin up next... :man1:
shoe

Postby leftymo on Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:59 pm

I would've liked to see Odom with more of an active role... but he picked up some really dumb fouls, dumb not b/c of Odom, but b/c of the refs. Three of them were 100% bs!

The Lakers defense needs tremendous help. They will have to play very well against Sac-town on friday... Vlade isn't ready to make a solid contribution just yet...
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby Guest on Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:02 pm

why didnt walton play?

Postby KB24 on Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:02 pm

Hey guys! I couldn´t write but i heared the game! Great defense from Butler in the second half and Kobe really shut down Redd! I´m pleased with the win but it was tight! James burned us down the stretch and D-Mase went hot in the second quarter!Kobe played really well!
How could Milwaukee outrebound us :mad1: !It will be tough to beat the queens but on the road maybe they suck! :man11:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby leftymo on Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:05 pm

Lastly I wanted to mention Caron Butler...

He was on pace for having a horrible game, but just as I recommended benching him, he became a positive factor in turning it around.

Kobe said something during a timeout and that changed how they played the rest of the way...

Caron came up with some steals, his shots were better and they were falling, he also came up with a great dime to Odom for a dunk.

So props to the youngster to not let some bad play affect his overall game. (cough-Devean George).
leftymo

Postby leftymo on Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:06 pm

Kobe Christ wrote:why didnt walton play?

The activation of Jumaine Jones, means Walton falls back on the depth chart.

Want more bad news? He's probably the next likely to hit the IR when DG comes back.
leftymo

Postby BDG on Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:08 pm

leftymo wrote:Kobe said something during a timeout and that changed how they played the rest of the way...
Yes, that really turned the game around from that point.

FSW was saying he said something along the lines of "we're too stiff out there; let's have some fun playing ball and beat this team."

Way to be a leader Kob' :jam2:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby lakerfanimal on Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:27 pm

this was a decent win, not an elite team, but a playoff caliber eastern conference team, hopefuly we build off this
ImageImage
lakerfanimal

Postby KB24 on Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:31 pm

Runway wrote:man, michael redd is just sick. i think at the end of the game he is going to have 34 points or something like that! :boxing1:

I wonder why heat fans are taking care of the Lakers! :man3: and always have negative posts :man3: Is your team and favourite player boring or helpless? :man9:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:26 am

I was at Hooters in Pasadena watching the game tonight. Kobe Bryant was phenominal... I mean, that was one hell of an offensive display; not to mention an all around superb game. Great game, great win, we should be able to continue this win streak for a while.

:jam2:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby kobe6962 on Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:59 am

That was a good win for the Lake show. We will be a good team this season I feel it.. Next up the Queens who rebounded nicely.. But I think we can beat them
Officially done with ClubLakers. Its too much of a freaking circus for my taste. I wont ever be back and all of you can shove it.

No matter how many times a certain person sends me a message I am done so keep begging I am not coming back you know who you are!
kobe6962

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:59 am

Shaq Fan wrote:
realdealbneal wrote:Image Image
Milwaukee Bucks (3-5) @ Los Angeles Lakers (6-5)

Tuesday, November 23rd
Time: 7:30 PM
TV: FSN, NBALP

Previous Games:
Bucks @ Kings 88-79 L
Bulls @ Lakers 102-93 W

Projected Starting Lineups
BUCKS
(Terry Porter)
ImageImageImageImageImage
(Maurice Williams, Michael Redd, Keith Van Horn, Joe Smith, Dan Gadzuric)
VS
LAKERS
(Rudy Tomjanovich)
ImageImageImageImageImage
(Chucky Atkins, Kobe Bryant, Caron Butler, Lamar Odom, Chris Mihm)

Factors off the Bench
ImageImage
(Desmond Mason, Tierre Brown)

Game MVPs
ImageImage
(Keith Van Horn, Kobe Bryant)

Brandon's Analysis
The Bucks aren't looking like the 2003 team, with their only three wins coming against Charlotte, New Orleans and Cleveland...but they are still a threat to beat a weaker defensive team. On the other hand, the Lakers, after struggling early to the Chicago Bulls, look to play a more aggressive game against the Bucks Tuesday night.

Milwaukee needs to shoot for early leads with open shots and penetrations by Williams, who is having a stellar season so far for the Bucks. Michael Redd has been "on fire" this season, shooting 51% from the field and an astounding 47% from the arc, both career highs. The ball needs to be in his hands against the Lakers, who will more than likely leave him open while chasing down Williams and a quiet Van Horn, who can get easy jumpers with his off-the-ball play.

The Lakers have to play this game with less turnovers, which has been one of the biggest factors in their inability to keep 10-20 point leads late into the game. Also, pulling down offensive rebounds may become a high priority if Kobe is forced to shoot out of a slump again, and could easily change both the pace and the momentum in a close game, in favor of the Bucks.

Brandon's Prediction
The Bucks will come out firing, and are expected to take a quick lead going into the second quarter. Kobe's game will elevate after the half, and the Lakers will take the lead into the 4th. Late in the 4th, expect another shooting spree by the Bucks, mainly from Redd and Van Horn...in which the Lakers will survive with Kobe and Atkins answering every shot, and eventually win the game, 101-97.

YOUR PREDICTIONS ARE WAY OFF BASE ANYWAY :disagree: :disagree:

Uncanny is more like it.. :bow: missed it by a point each..
KareemTheGreat33

Postby BDG on Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:54 pm

Also realdeal, to call Tierre our factor off our bench was amazing, considering he has sucked all season (prior to the Bucks game). And you sure hit it dead on with D Mason for them too... :jam2: :bow:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:55 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Also realdeal, to call Tierre our factor off our bench was amazing, considering he has sucked all season (prior to the Bucks game). And you sure hit it dead on with D Mason for them too... :jam2: :bow:

Yeah realdeal is just that; the real deal.

Amazing predictions, as always, very accurate my friend!!!
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:26 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:Also realdeal, to call Tierre our factor off our bench was amazing, considering he has sucked all season (prior to the Bucks game). And you sure hit it dead on with D Mason for them too... :jam2: :bow:

Yeah realdeal is just that; the real deal.

Amazing predictions, as always, very accurate my friend!!!

i know.. good job man... :bow:
purple_and_gold_fever

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday