Tue. 11/23 vs. Bucks - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Tue. 11/23 vs. Bucks - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:30 pm

Lakers vs. Bucks
Tuesday, Nov. 23
7:30 pm
TV: FSN, NBALP
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
Recap | Box Score | Photos

Bucks - 96
Lakers - 100

Lakers Corral Bucks
Kobe Bryant continued his torrid play, scoring 30 points in the Lakers' 100-96 win over Milwaukee on Tuesday. Lamar Odom added 17 points, 11 coming in the third quarter when Los Angeles took the lead for good.

Image

Post all your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:34 pm

lakers will win :jam2:
purple_and_gold_fever

 
Posts: 10873
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:54 pm

Postby Guest on Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:35 pm

go lakers!!!! :jam2:
Guest

 

Postby Real Deal on Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:50 pm

Image Image
Milwaukee Bucks (3-5) @ Los Angeles Lakers (6-5)

Tuesday, November 23rd
Location: Los Angeles
Time: 7:30 PM
TV: FSN, NBALP

Previous Games:
Bucks @ Kings 88-79 L
Bulls @ Lakers 102-93 W

Projected Starting Lineups
BUCKS
Image
(Terry Porter)
ImageImageImageImageImage
(Maurice Williams, Michael Redd, Keith Van Horn, Joe Smith, Dan Gadzuric)
VS
LAKERS
Image
(Rudy Tomjanovich)
ImageImageImageImageImage
(Chucky Atkins, Kobe Bryant, Caron Butler, Lamar Odom, Chris Mihm)

Factors off the Bench
ImageImage
(Desmond Mason, Tierre Brown)

Game MVPs
ImageImage
(Keith Van Horn, Kobe Bryant)

Brandon's Analysis
The Bucks aren't looking like the 2003 team, with their only three wins coming against Charlotte, New Orleans and Cleveland...but they are still a threat to beat a weaker defensive team. On the other hand, the Lakers, after struggling early to the Chicago Bulls, look to play a more aggressive game against the Bucks Tuesday night.

Milwaukee needs to shoot for early leads with open shots and penetrations by Williams, who is having a stellar season so far for the Bucks. Michael Redd has been "on fire" this season, shooting 51% from the field and an astounding 47% from the arc, both career highs. The ball needs to be in his hands against the Lakers, who will more than likely leave him open while chasing down Williams and a quiet Van Horn, who can get easy jumpers with his off-the-ball play.

The Lakers have to play this game with less turnovers, which has been one of the biggest factors in their inability to keep 10-20 point leads late into the game. Also, pulling down offensive rebounds may become a high priority if Kobe is forced to shoot out of a slump again, and could easily change both the pace and the momentum in a close game, in favor of the Bucks.

Brandon's Prediction
The Bucks will come out firing, and are expected to take a quick lead going into the second quarter. Kobe's game will elevate after the half, and the Lakers will take the lead into the 4th. Late in the 4th, expect another shooting spree by the Bucks, mainly from Redd and Van Horn...in which the Lakers will survive with Kobe and Atkins answering every shot, and eventually win the game, 101-97.
Real Deal

 

Postby outfear on Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:04 am

:ball1:
Image
User avatar
outfear

 
Posts: 784
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:52 pm

Postby gill on Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:19 am

The Laker should match up well against the Bucks. If they play good solid defense for 4 whole quarters they should come away with the victory. If not, expect Michael Redd and KVH to light it up against us.

But here's to a Lakers victory, and finally be up 2 games above .500

:ball1:

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
User avatar
gill

 
Posts: 19353
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 8:57 am
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Canada

Postby MarkMadsen on Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:44 am

I thnk Kobe Bryant will be able to handle Michael Redd to the point where he dosent become a huge threat..they need to worry more about the mismatch with Van Horn and Butler. Van Horn could have a big game on us..also Maurice Williams has been playing great too.
Image
User avatar
MarkMadsen

 
Posts: 7461
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Minnesota

Postby KB24 on Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:46 am

Usually Kobe should be able to shut down Redd like Christie did!(6-22)!USUALLY! We don´t know how Kobe will come out on court! His Injury and inconsistent stretches in the game! I hope he starts a game with 5-9 shooting or something! Odom should be able to burn Van Horn down the stretch on defense and offense! Williams was not really a force offensively but his passing was great! Mihm will have a huge night hopefully! He will be the x factor!
LA MUST WIN!
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55547
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby Kaoticz on Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:10 am

The Bucks are 3-5, Fourth in Central

Their previous game, Loss:
Bucks - 79
Kings - 88
Image

Dynasty Destroyed - Pistons in Five
User avatar
Kaoticz

 
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Palm Springs, California

Postby leftymo on Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:27 am

Kobe plays defense when he wants to. He has to shutdown Michael Redd.


And Caron faces VanHorn... while it appears to be a mismatch b/c of height, it better not be.

Caron should win this matchup easily. If he can't, he doesn't belong as the starting SF for this team.



Lakers defense was pathetic in this last game against the Bulls. If they play anywhere near that, they will lose easily to the Bucks.

Better defense.
User avatar
leftymo

 
Posts: 10572
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:45 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby Shaq Fan on Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:56 pm

Redd will have a field day, and KVH too
Image


props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
User avatar
Shaq Fan

 
Posts: 5949
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:09 am
Location: PA

Postby Real Deal on Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:03 pm

Shaq Fan wrote:Redd will have a field day, and KVH too

Just because they forced extra minutes in the first game against the Heat and lit up everyone in a white and red jersey on the court...that doesn't mean they'll do it against the Lakers.
Real Deal

 

Postby Shaq Fan on Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:05 pm

it means they will do it worse, face the facts...........your -D is worse than the Maverick's :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: thats sad
Image


props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
User avatar
Shaq Fan

 
Posts: 5949
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:09 am
Location: PA

Postby Real Deal on Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:10 pm

Shaq Fan wrote:it means they will do it worse, face the facts...........your -D is worse than the Maverick's :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: thats sad

And you're talking trash on the Mavs, after they embarassed the Heat?

Is that why Wade and Shaq were held to 22 and 20 points...with Shaq almost fouling out, and Wade shooting 6-18 (33%)?

Eddie Jones shot 1-11...and the entire Heat team shot 37%, while Dirk scored 41 and the Mavs shot over 50%.

Haha.
Real Deal

 

Postby Shaq Fan on Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:23 pm

you act like the Heats -D sucks, it doesn't the LAkers -D does suck.......period...............no way to handle Bucks fire power
Image


props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
User avatar
Shaq Fan

 
Posts: 5949
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:09 am
Location: PA

Postby Shaq Fan on Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:24 pm

realdealbneal wrote:Image Image
Milwaukee Bucks (3-5) @ Los Angeles Lakers (6-5)

Tuesday, November 23rd
Location: Los Angeles
Time: 7:30 PM
TV: FSN, NBALP

Previous Games:
Bucks @ Kings 88-79 L
Bulls @ Lakers 102-93 W

Projected Starting Lineups
BUCKS
Image
(Terry Porter)
ImageImageImageImageImage
(Maurice Williams, Michael Redd, Keith Van Horn, Joe Smith, Dan Gadzuric)
VS
LAKERS
Image
(Rudy Tomjanovich)
ImageImageImageImageImage
(Chucky Atkins, Kobe Bryant, Caron Butler, Lamar Odom, Chris Mihm)

Factors off the Bench
ImageImage
(Desmond Mason, Tierre Brown)

Game MVPs
ImageImage
(Keith Van Horn, Kobe Bryant)

Brandon's Analysis
The Bucks aren't looking like the 2003 team, with their only three wins coming against Charlotte, New Orleans and Cleveland...but they are still a threat to beat a weaker defensive team. On the other hand, the Lakers, after struggling early to the Chicago Bulls, look to play a more aggressive game against the Bucks Tuesday night.

Milwaukee needs to shoot for early leads with open shots and penetrations by Williams, who is having a stellar season so far for the Bucks. Michael Redd has been "on fire" this season, shooting 51% from the field and an astounding 47% from the arc, both career highs. The ball needs to be in his hands against the Lakers, who will more than likely leave him open while chasing down Williams and a quiet Van Horn, who can get easy jumpers with his off-the-ball play.

The Lakers have to play this game with less turnovers, which has been one of the biggest factors in their inability to keep 10-20 point leads late into the game. Also, pulling down offensive rebounds may become a high priority if Kobe is forced to shoot out of a slump again, and could easily change both the pace and the momentum in a close game, in favor of the Bucks.

Brandon's Prediction
The Bucks will come out firing, and are expected to take a quick lead going into the second quarter. Kobe's game will elevate after the half, and the Lakers will take the lead into the 4th. Late in the 4th, expect another shooting spree by the Bucks, mainly from Redd and Van Horn...in which the Lakers will survive with Kobe and Atkins answering every shot, and eventually win the game, 101-97.



YOUR PREDICTIONS ARE WAY OFF BASE ANYWAY :disagree: :disagree:
Image


props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
User avatar
Shaq Fan

 
Posts: 5949
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:09 am
Location: PA

Postby Real Deal on Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:40 pm

Shaq Fan, sometimes I think you really are Shaq.
Real Deal

 

Postby Crono0801 on Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:13 pm

I think that we will win but it might be a tough game.
RIP Daniel RIP Ana RIP Tom


The Greatest Game of All time
Image
Image
User avatar
Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team
 
Posts: 8034
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 8:48 pm
Location: Mill Creek/Seattle, WA

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm

.lets think about it like this
van horn is too slow 2 handle butler edge lakers redd cant handle kone edge lakers whos is m williams edge lakers odom vs joe smith lol edge lakers smith is 2 slow but is a power guy n gadzuric n mihm pretty much match up even eccept mihm scores more
User avatar
PurpleNGold1

 
Posts: 6584
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:30 pm
Location: SFV/NOHO AREA

Postby Phat$haq on Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:59 pm

realdealbneal wrote:Shaq Fan, sometimes I think you really are Shaq.


Naw, he can't be Shaq, he doesn't leave any food crumbs in his posts. :man1:
Basketball is my religion. Staples Center is my temple. Kobe Bryant is my leader. Laker fans are my brothers.
User avatar
Phat$haq

 
Posts: 586
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:29 am
Location: Pl@net E@rth

Postby Shaq Fan on Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:11 pm

WE WILL SEE WHO LEAVES CRUMBS WHEN THE BIG ARISTOLTE SENDS KOBE TO THE MOON
Image


props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
User avatar
Shaq Fan

 
Posts: 5949
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:09 am
Location: PA

Postby S.R.05 on Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:14 pm

Shaq Fan wrote:WE WILL SEE WHO LEAVES CRUMBS WHEN THE BIG ARISTOLTE SENDS KOBE TO THE MOON



.... :man3:

are you archie bunker?

and why would kobe leave crumbs behind him...
Hindsight is 20/20
User avatar
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 11368
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:18 pm
Location: Chatsworth, CA

Postby Shaq Fan on Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:28 pm

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:
Shaq Fan wrote:WE WILL SEE WHO LEAVES CRUMBS WHEN THE BIG ARISTOLTE SENDS KOBE TO THE MOON



.... :man3:

are you archie bunker?

and why would kobe leave crumbs behind him...


:man9: :man9: :man9:
Image


props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
User avatar
Shaq Fan

 
Posts: 5949
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:09 am
Location: PA

Postby lakb8 on Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:13 pm

:ball1: :pd: :ball1:
Image

Future star from Canada.
User avatar
lakb8

 
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:48 pm
Location: CaNaDa

Postby RHCP on Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:37 pm

Shaq Fan wrote:WE WILL SEE WHO LEAVES CRUMBS WHEN THE BIG ARISTOLTE SENDS KOBE TO THE MOON

Shaqfan dont you relize that Dwayne Wade is a ball hog and that none of the Heat pass it to Shaq. What did he have 6 shots yesterday? You should be upset about this, if you are strictly a Shaqfan
User avatar
RHCP
2nd Cousin of Cherokee Parks
 
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:48 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Next

Return to Lakers Gameday

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.