Tue. 3/08 vs. Clippers - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby magicmoment on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:30 am

Lateralus wrote:
magicmoment wrote:MIHM! PLEASE! STOP FOULING... :man6: ...so that you can have a good game! you usually have a good game when you dont foul...

Are you crazy? That's like asking President Bush to say God doesn't exist.

yah i think i've gone crazy watching the Lakers.. LOL...

shoe wrote:Okay...I'm giving them one more chance to prove themselves on the road trip...if they are in the 8th spot when they come back home, we still got some hope

thats what im doing.. im giving them this road trip 2 redeem themselves...if not. i think imma give up.
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby dynasty4kobe on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:30 am

I honestly thing that Mihm got confused with the schedule today. He must of thought that it was a Laker road game in Staples Center.

Also, did anybody notice how the Lakers were up by 12 when Kobe was going absolutely crazy against the Clippers, but in the second half, when they went away from Kobe, the Clippers stormed back.

Another example, during a stretch in the third quarter, Kobe took over the offense, and the other Lakers got themselves involved also.

I seriously think "Offensive Monstor" Kobe (or as some would call it, "Ball Hog " Kobe) is better for this team.

Lamar, Caron, and Chucky can all create their own points if they have a leader charging ahead of them.

"Then when we do get back on top, [bandwagoners] are going to want to jump back on and we're going to tell them there's no more room."
-Kobe Bryant, March 28, 2005, 32-37

"I Survived 2005" Club
dynasty4kobe, DarthRekal, In The Key
dynasty4kobe

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:32 am

magicmoment wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
magicmoment wrote:MIHM! PLEASE! STOP FOULING... :man6: ...so that you can have a good game! you usually have a good game when you dont foul...

Are you crazy? That's like asking President Bush to say God doesn't exist.

yah i think i've gone crazy watching the Lakers.. LOL...

shoe wrote:Okay...I'm giving them one more chance to prove themselves on the road trip...if they are in the 8th spot when they come back home, we still got some hope

thats what im doing.. im giving them this road trip 2 redeem themselves...if not. i think imma give up.

i understand how u guys r feeling, but dont give up...just wait and see wat they can do for the upcomming years
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:34 am

dynasty4kobe wrote:I honestly thing that Mihm got confused with the schedule today. He must of thought that it was a Laker road game in Staples Center.

Also, did anybody notice how the Lakers were up by 12 when Kobe was going absolutely crazy against the Clippers, but in the second half, when they went away from Kobe, the Clippers stormed back.

Another example, during a stretch in the third quarter, Kobe took over the offense, and the other Lakers got themselves involved also.

I seriously think "Offensive Monstor" Kobe (or as some would call it, "Ball Hog " Kobe) is better for this team.

Lamar, Caron, and Chucky can all create their own points if they have a leader charging ahead of them.
not all the time.... sometimes after he scores like 6-10 straight pts or so, he'll take ill-advised shots cuz he feels like he can make anything...especially after making some SPECTACULAR plays.... and then lead to a DROUGHT
Karl11-Caron1

Postby magicmoment on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:34 am

i know, i wont give up.. i usually say that but i never give up.. so. GO LAKERS! :jam2:

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
magicmoment

Postby Lakerfan36 on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:34 am

dynasty4kobe wrote:Also, did anybody notice how the Lakers were up by 12 when Kobe was going absolutely crazy against the Clippers, but in the second half, when they went away from Kobe, the Clippers stormed back.

yea it started with maggette stripping the ball from mihm and for a fastbreak dunk....and thats when clipper got there 2 point lead....then for the rest of the game it was all clipper.... :mad1:
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:34 am

magicmoment wrote:i know, i wont give up.. i usually say that but i never give up.. so. GO LAKERS! :jam2:

i've noticed :jam2:
Karl11-Caron1

Postby magicmoment on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:35 am

Karl11-Caron1 wrote:
magicmoment wrote:i know, i wont give up.. i usually say that but i never give up.. so. GO LAKERS! :jam2:

i've noticed :jam2:

hehe

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
magicmoment

Postby Guest on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:37 am

kobe hadn't had enough shots in the 2nd..... :bang:
he should get like 40 attempts a night....

Postby magicmoment on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:38 am

but here's my view:

i think the Lakers shud keep feeding the ball to Kobe. they shud let him take over.. give him the green signal.. yah know...let Kobe take over.. he's the only 1 who has played full games.. esp his past 3 were impressive..

maybe except in the 2nd half tonight....
Last edited by magicmoment on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
magicmoment

Postby leftymo on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:38 am

dynasty4kobe wrote:I honestly thing that Mihm got confused with the schedule today. He must of thought that it was a Laker road game in Staples Center.

Granted Mihm was responsible for at least 4 possessions of 0 points, and Atkins & Lamar were 0-6 to start the third quarter, the reason they lost this game has little or nothing to do with Kobe's shots.

110 points allowed. I've tracked this stat for two years, and I have never done 110+ points allowed.... I'm willing to bet they have an even LOWER winning percentage when they give up that many!

5-26 when they give up 100 points. Kobe could've gone for 60 tonight, they're still losing!
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby Jordan-esque on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:41 am

What's up with Jumaine? I thought he was a good defender?

Lately in the last 6 games or so he's been stunking up on defense... LITERALLY.

He's always leaving his guy WIDE OPEN. And when his guy gets the ball, Jumaine is TOO FAR away that you just see him streaking towards his man... but it's all for not, because his man just drains the three.

Whenever an opposing player hits a three... it's usually Juamine's guy WIDE OPEN. And tonight he gave Bobby Simmons an open 3 in the 4th, and a wide open LAYUP in the last minute of the game.

I love Jumaine hitting the three's, but sorry Jumaine's defense as of late is a liability.
Lakers Strategy:... 95% :ball3:... +... 5% :ball2:... = 100% :bang:
Jordan-esque

Postby shoe on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:43 am

kingprince22 wrote:kobe hadn't had enough shots in the 2nd..... :bang:
he should get like 40 attempts a night....

The offense is fine 101 points...the 110 allowed is wahts killin :bang:

but yeah a couple more shots would be nice
shoe

Postby dynasty4kobe on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:46 am

Jordan-esque wrote:What's up with Jumaine? I thought he was a good defender?

He's always leaving his guy WIDE OPEN. And when his guy gets the ball, Jumaine is TOO FAR away that you just see him streaking towards his man... but it's all for not, because his man just drains the three.

Whenever an opposing player hits a three... it's usually Juamine's guy WIDE OPEN. And tonight he gave Bobby Simmons an open 3 in the 4th, and a wide open LAYUP in the last minute of the game.

I love Jumaine hitting the three's, but sorry Jumaine's defense as of late is a liability.

After watchinig the games, the wing positions (Kobe, Caron, Jumaine), all fall victim to being responsible for help defenses. When guards break past Chucky, they go in deep and do one of two things:
1) Mihm/Odom come to help the penetration, leaving the opponent big men open, who are then fouled by Mihm/Odom.
2) Dish it off to the perimeter. Jumaine/Caron have to rotate over, and then swing back after the extra pass. And no matter how fast you are, the ball will always be faster than the defender.

It all starts with Chucky, and unfortunatly, he does not have the characteristics to be a good defender. It's not like he has the length of a Lamar Odom, the body of a Chris Mihm, or the athletic ability of a Caron Butler to help his defense. He also has not lateral speed. There really is nothing he can do. Only a roster change can fix that problem.

"Then when we do get back on top, [bandwagoners] are going to want to jump back on and we're going to tell them there's no more room."
-Kobe Bryant, March 28, 2005, 32-37

"I Survived 2005" Club
dynasty4kobe, DarthRekal, In The Key
dynasty4kobe

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:47 am

DEFENSE wins CHAMPIONSHIPS...

DEFENSE also allows you to... well... WIN!

:disagree: :disagree:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Jordan-esque on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:48 am

dynasty4kobe wrote:

After watchinig the games, the wing positions (Kobe, Caron, Jumaine), all fall victim to being responsible for help defenses. When guards break past Chucky, they go in deep and do one of two things:
1) Mihm/Odom come to help the penetration, leaving the opponent big men open, who are then fouled by Mihm/Odom.
2) Dish it off to the perimeter. Jumaine/Caron have to rotate over, and then swing back after the extra pass. And no matter how fast you are, the ball will always be faster than the defender.

It all starts with Chucky, and unfortunatly, he does not have the characteristics to be a good defender. It's not like he has the length of a Lamar Odom, the body of a Chris Mihm, or the athletic ability of a Caron Butler to help his defense. He also has not lateral speed. There really is nothing he can do. Only a roster change can fix that problem.
Nice analysis.
Lakers Strategy:... 95% :ball3:... +... 5% :ball2:... = 100% :bang:
Jordan-esque

Postby kobe6962 on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:48 am

Kobe can score all he wants. But if the defense dont stop anyone they will continue to lose.

I am ashamed of this team point blank. I can't believe I actually thought the Lakers would win. But they didn't just a horrific night. They stopped playing when halftime came.

They thought the game was over when we were leading 52-44. Caron Mihm Atkins. Three of the softiest defenders in Lakers history. JJ been stinking lately. Lakers will be lucky to win one game on the road trip. Lakers and playoffs dont sound good. Nuggets deserve to get it. They are playing like they should be there. This team is sorry they can't stop a fly on defense. Bad chemistry no balance too much standing when Kobe is doing his thing. I said a few months ago watch out for Denver. Look like that is coming to fruition.

Lakers might wanna stay home this road trip because we all know they wont show up
kobe6962

Postby shoe on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:51 am

atleast we play charlette
shoe

Postby Lakerfan36 on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:51 am

when lakers were down be 5 with less then a minute to go jumaine let bobby simmons score :disagree:
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:51 am

magicmoment wrote:but here's my view:

i think the Lakers shud keep feeding the ball to Kobe. they shud let him take over.. give him the green signal.. yah know...let Kobe take over.. he's the only 1 who has played full games.. esp his past 3 were impressive..

well that might work, but he cant always do it all himself...i think wat we saw in the 2nd qtr w/ his dominance was great, but the 3rd ppl needed to step up...

but our major concern i think is our defense :disagree:
Karl11-Caron1

Postby magicmoment on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:54 am

Karl11-Caron1 wrote:

well that might work, but he cant always do it all himself...i think wat we saw in the 2nd qtr w/ his dominance was great, but the 3rd ppl needed to step up...

YES!! that is the only answer, people stepping up to aid Kobe. i'd like to see more action from CARON BUTLER i know that he is a very athletic player and can be aggressive when attacking the basket. sometimes, thats what we need.

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
magicmoment

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:56 am

magicmoment wrote:
Karl11-Caron1 wrote:

YES!! that is the only answer, people stepping up to aid Kobe. i'd like to see more action from CARON BUTLER i know that he is a very athletic player and can be aggressive when attacking the basket. sometimes, thats what we need.
yea but hes not aggressive enough...therse some signs of his athleticism when he slashes in and dunks it, but he mainly takes jumpshots :bang:
Last edited by Karl11-Caron1 on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Little_Duck on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:57 am

Kobe and Odom need to be averaging at least 47 or 48 PPG together. It was pretty good today, but it needs to be consistent. Lamar did a good job taking over when Kobe was on the bench. Once they figure out how to score with a a two man play, the scoring will much more consistent for the whole team.
Little_Duck

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:59 am

Little_Duck wrote:Kobe and Odom need to be averaging at least 47 or 48 PPG together. It was pretty good today, but it needs to be consistent. Lamar did a good job taking over when Kobe was on the bench. Once they figure out how to score with a a two man play, the scoring will much more consistent for the whole team.

yeah just wait till the team chemistry has gone down...they're still gettn used to a new offense and each other....it'll take awhile for them to gel

so keep up the faith :jam2:
Karl11-Caron1

Postby magicmoment on Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:01 am

Karl11-Caron1 wrote:
magicmoment wrote:
Karl11-Caron1 wrote:

yea but hes not aggressive enough...therse some signs of his athleticism when he slashes in and dunks it, but he mainly takes jumpshots :bang:

he NEEDS to get aggressive. he'll be lotsa help backing Kobe and Odom up. we need sumone else WITH kobe and Odom to help... and i think Caron CAN do that...

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
magicmoment

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday