Tue. 3/02 @ Hawks - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby lakerzrule on Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:14 pm

Everyone should make their free throws. I heard GP missed two in a row. :man5:
Last edited by lakerzrule on Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakerzrule

Postby SMUnderground on Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:14 pm

lakerzrule wrote:Everyone should make their free throws. :man5:

especially shaq
SMUnderground

Postby BDG on Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:18 pm

Every single player sucked tonight.

This just goes to show how valuable Kobe is to us.

By the way, who's the guy who said not to talk too fast when I was saying we couldn't lose to the Hawks? Good call...
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby murcielago62 on Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:19 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Every single player sucked tonight.

By the way, who's the guy who said not to talk too fast when I was saying we couldn't lose to the Hawks? Good call...

Not everyone sucked. GP had a triple double
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby SMUnderground on Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:20 pm

yea..true..payton's triple double..almost forgot about that
SMUnderground

Postby lakerzrule on Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:20 pm

murcielago62 wrote:Not everyone sucked. GP had a triple double

And missed some free throws. Yeah, so did the others, but when the game's on the line, that sucks. :man7:
lakerzrule

Postby BDG on Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:24 pm

murcielago62 wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:Every single player sucked tonight.

Not everyone sucked. GP had a triple double
You're right. GP didn't suck. However, he should have made that wide open 5 footer at the end.

Everyone else played terrible though.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby lakerzrule on Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:25 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:You're right. GP didn't suck. However, he should have made that wide open 5 footer at the end.

OK, so GP didn't suck. But I bet Kobe would have made that shot.
lakerzrule

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:27 pm

meh, I don't find this loss disturbing..maybe it's just me. It's worse if they played their best and lost.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby BDG on Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:29 pm

lakerzrule wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:You're right. GP didn't suck. However, he should have made that wide open 5 footer at the end.

OK, so GP didn't suck. But I bet Kobe would have made that shot.
Of course, but that still doesn't mean we should lose to them without Kobe. That's just sad. Other players have to step up if Kobe's not there to lead the team.

We shouldn't have even been in that position. We beat that team by 46 without Shaq, Fox or Karl!

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby lakerzrule on Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:31 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:meh, I don't find this loss disturbing..maybe it's just me. It's worse if they played their best and lost.

This loss isn't disturbing, but it's the fact that it was to the Hawks, who lost to Orlando, that's what ticks me off. We'll move on, though.
lakerzrule

Postby lakerzrule on Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:33 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Of course, but that still doesn't mean we should lose to them without Kobe. That's just sad. Other players have to step up if Kobe's not there to lead the team.

We shouldn't have even been in that position. We beat that team by 46 without Shaq, Fox or Karl!

I agree 100%. But we'll bounce back and this game will become a distant memory.
lakerzrule

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:38 pm

No worries, this is what I love about back to backs..if we lose the first game, no time to dwell on it because we have another game tomorrow.
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby BDG on Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:40 pm

At least we'll have a fresh Kobe Bryant for our game against Houston tomorrow.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:41 pm

I have a feeling Shaq will want to make a statement on tomorrow's game after Yao got the best of him the last two meetings.
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby JSM on Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:53 pm

I was at this game. It was a great game to attend, all the way until George played in the 4th. I want him gone now, we should send him packing and tell him hope the door doesn't hit him on the way out. He lost the game for us. He shot the worst shot in NBA history, the ball shouldn't have even been in his hands. The fans were great though, almost all Laker fans. THey even chanted Luuuukkkkkeee when he got the ball. I am too mad to do any meaningful posts, so the game report will have to wait till tomorrow, all I feel like doing now is venting about how mad I am we lost.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:29 pm

here is tonight's stats

Payton-our best player tonight. He should be happy with his minutes tonight-39. He scored 23 points, grabbed 10 rebounds, and got 10 assists.

Shaq-his nickname for tonight is the Big Disappointment. He should have had 40-50 points against Przybilla and N'diaye. He only scored 23 points and had 14 rebounds.

Rush-14 points

Slava-8 points

Luke played huge minutes, in fact it was the most minutes he has played all year...29. He scored 7 points and had 7 assists.

Fisher-7 points

Fox and Grant-4 points each

George-the worst player in the NBA or at least the dumbest. He lost the game for us, continued his slump, and he was given 20+ minutes for this...Why Phil, why?!?! In 23 minutes, this excuse for a piece of crap, scored 3 points (not hard to do on the Hawks), grabbed 8 rebounds (extremely easy to do against the Hawks, Payton had 10), and shot 1-8 (hard to do, when you have Shaq and Payton on your team, which means you get WIDE open shots).

Russell-the player that should have been playing in place of George, only played 4 minutes and didn't score

Cook-DNP

Kobe-DNP

Let's hope Kobe is ready to single handedly beat the Rockets, because the rest of the team will be tired, since they used a lot of their energy in the loss against the Hawks.
JSM

Postby JSM on Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:37 pm

and something else I saw tonight was-Shaq let another loose ball go right by him. I think it was Sura that lost it and he just watched it roll towards the out of bounds line and finally Sura picked it back up. Shaq didn't dive, run after it, he just stared at it.

On a side note it was cool. There was a Laker photographer the row in front of me (I was 8 rows from the court), he took at least 1,000 pictures of the game. I never realized how many pictures they actually took at a game. I didn't get to talk to him so I am not sure what news organization he is with, but he was rooting for the Lakers and ONLY took pictures of the Lakers.
JSM

Postby noxcel on Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:38 pm

Lakermagic wrote:
noxcel wrote:oh, kobe will not play :bang: We all know that Shaq is nothing without Kobe, so I think we might lose this one. Maybe Payton can have a great game, and we will win? :jam2:

shaq is nothin w/o kobe, wtf are you talking about. lakers win more w/o kobe on the court and w/ shaq playing.

I guess I was right :mad1:
noxcel

Postby murcielago62 on Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:41 pm

The most annoying thing about Shaq's game is when he looses the ball, he doesn't even attempt to get it, he just lets it go...
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby BDG on Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:53 pm

murcielago62 wrote:The most annoying thing about Shaq's game is when he looses the ball, he doesn't even attempt to get it, he just lets it go...
I agree. I haven't seen him give a true 100% effort to rebound since 2001 or 2002.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby murcielago62 on Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:05 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:
murcielago62 wrote:The most annoying thing about Shaq's game is when he looses the ball, he doesn't even attempt to get it, he just lets it go...
I agree. I haven't seen him give a true 100% effort to rebound since 2001 or 2002.

The sad part is, we all kow he can do it. He sets high picks and sets out to alter shots, etc. but he just doesn't want to...
murcielago62

Postby sn33k on Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:45 pm

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2: What's the Hawks record now... 20-40 ? :man13: :man13:
sn33k

Postby ZenMaster4President on Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:51 pm

Well, this is game truly shows who's team it is - shaq can say it out loud as much as he pleases - you are not handed the team and you do
not own it forever no matter what.

That is Kobe's team, at least game wise - he is the true leader of the team and Shaq is on the downside - he may have another good playoff run left in him but other than that his attitude, work ethics and selfishness erase all the positive things he brings to that franchise.

This is not "trade Shaq" post - its just, in my opinion, time for Shaq to have some self-exploring, soul searching and direction finding session.
He is complicated, soul-less and going nowhere.
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:07 am

This game makes me sick. It's like, there was no drive, there was no hunger, there was no sense of urgency. Last time I checked, the 1st seed in a dangerous western conference was important... :disagree:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday