Tue. 3/02 @ Hawks - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:42 pm

noxcel wrote:oh, kobe will not play :bang: We all know that Shaq is nothing without Kobe, so I think we might lose this one. Maybe Payton can have a great game, and we will win? :jam2:

shaq is nothin w/o kobe, wtf are you talking about. lakers win more w/o kobe on the court and w/ shaq playing.
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby JSM on Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:59 pm

futurefelonKobe wrote:Atlanta can be a dangerous team at times.

This is the funniest statement of the year. Dude, take a look at their roster. You are either the only Hakws fan or a really blind Laker hater.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Realm of Shadows on Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:23 pm

jsm0331 wrote:

This is the funniest statement of the year. Dude, take a look at their roster. You are either the only Hakws fan or a really blind Laker hater.

He's a queeer fan (undispusted champ decades ago and thats it), doesn't that explain it? :man10: :man10:
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:27 pm

jsm0331 wrote:

The only statment I will make is, the Hawks can be a dangerous team if we let them. But we're focused now so this won't happen...

We are going to crush them and ride this momentum into the future... This will be a good game for us to have a morality boost.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby JSM on Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:01 pm

Bad news for the Lakers....Shaq is reportedly throwing himself a birthday party tonight. He better not drink too much and stay out late, I don't care if we are playing ATL or not, I will be mad is Shaq misses practice tomorrow.
JSM

Postby JSM on Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:08 pm

I just found out...the Hawks are playing back-to-back's too. They play the Cavs Wednesday. So they will probably try to rest their guys, if we get a decent lead, so they can at least try to keep the Cavs game close.
JSM

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:39 pm

Did You Know?

Kobe Bryant has had 41 assists in the last 4 games.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby JSM on Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:08 pm

Payton/Terry: Terry is a SG stuck at the point. Payton shouldn't have to really worry about JT getting 35 (like Arenas did), he hasn't gotten more than around 20 points since the trades. I think Gary will love tomorrow night's game and play big for us, he very well might be one of the biggest reasons we will win. We know he will play more minutes tomorrow, closer to the minutes he wants (35+), since we will be short Kobe. I expect Payton to get a double-double, the assists will be just off Shaq should be enough for him to get this. Phil needs to give GP more freedom tomorrow, they were supposed to talk about thing today or tomorrow, well I think we will see a little more of Payton running and doing things like he wants to. He will look to post up against Terry, since he is small and weaker than Gary. I think Gary will really take advantage of JT, since he isn't very good at defense. Take a look at what Terry has allowed: Kidd-15 points, 13 rebounds, & 10 assists (2/18). Snow-17 points, 6 dimes, & 5 boards (2/24). Billups-20 points, 8 assists, & 7 rebounds; Mike James-13 points & 7 assists (2/27). Lue-19 points & 7 assists (2/28). So I don't think Gary has to worry about Jason Terry becoming a Gary stopper or a Gary slower downer.

Rush/Diaw: Anyone remember what Rush did last time he started. Well, in case you don't recall, he scored 30 points...on the Kings. The Kings have defenders and play defense, a concept that completely boggles the mind of all 8 Hawks. Rush will have a good game against the rook. Boris Diaw is only averaging 4 ppg in 25 minutes a game. Now tell me, how do you think he plans on doing better than that against an actual team, not no Magic or some sorry team, no he is going against the Lakers. Even if he brings his A game, he would still flunk. The past 5 games his defenders have scored an average of 19 points on this kid (Jones, Mobley, Hamilton, Stevenson, and McKie). I expect Rush to at least score 19, if not more. Rush is a very strong an effective offensive weapon for us and I don't see the Hawks able to stop him from getting shots. Rush should be able to keep Diaw to his average of 4 points. If Kobe can make it back for this game, then that would be huge. He doesn't need or have to play in this one, but he wants to and he said if he can make it in time, then he will play. I think if Kobe plays, the Hawks may just quit, after getting beat by Rush, they won't have much left to guard the true shooting guard in this league-Kobe. I think he will be able to at least score 15 points if he comes in at halftime. I doubt he would play much, probably just a quarter. The fans would go crazy if Kobe came and he, as well as the rest of the Lakers, would use this energy to push them the rest of the way to a win.

Fox/Jackson: Stephen will probably be the Hawks' leading scorer. He is their best player, sad, but true statement. Fox will be able to do a good job on him but, I think Jackson will still get 15-20 points. The duck will look for the ball more, since JT won't be able to get anything against Payton and they have no more options. Our defense should prevent him from shooting many 3's (even though he has a low %), and Shaq will prevent him from getting anything on the inside, this leaves Fox guarding him and forcing him to settle for outside J's. I doubt Fox will contribute much offensively; but him drawing charges, passing, and getting rebounds should be enough and all we will need from him.

Slava & Grant/Crawford: Slava is currently located in Phil's doghouse. He has been less than impressed with Slava's play recently and the reason why he has given Grant the bulk of the minutes at the PF. Slava will probably start and get into early foul trouble (his usually routine) and then Grant will come in for him and have another solid game. Grant had a big game against the Nets (K-Mart & Rodgers), all he has to face in ATL is Crawford, not Jamal, but Chris. Chris has had a few decent games recently, but those were against teams without a decent big man or against an injured team. He won't even be a factor against us, because he will have to say hello to Shaq whenever he wants to try to get off a shot in the paint. Crawford starting at PF is an embarrassment to the league. He is a SF, not a PF, but due to injuries he has to play it. If we get him into foul trouble, they are screwed, they only have 1 player to back up 2 positions...have fun N'diaye. Also, they play again Wednesday, and Crawford will have to play at least 35+ minutes and he is going to get tired, our big men are going to have fun. I think Luke could even do very well against Crawford and will probably get some time against the "PF"

Shaq/Przybilla & N'diaye: This will be a great game for Shaq. I think he will easily go for 40 points and 15 rebounds. Most of us haven't even heard of his competition and if we have, then it's because they are usually the only 2 big men left in the free agent pool in NBA Live 2004. Shaq knows these guys couldn't guard an inflatable dummy. They will get killed by Shaq. Shaq weights like 100 lbs more than each of them, so he can move them around in the paint and get easy position whenever he wants it. If Shaq can get either one of these guys in foul trouble, then they will be in trouble, since they have 3 guys for 2 positions, that means only 1 backup for the PF/C positions, unless they want to put Jackson on Shaq :man10: . The Hawks lack depth and size, which means there is nothing in the paint stopping Shaq. They can't go to a hack a Shaq, because their big men will foul out. So get ready to see a big game from the big fella....can you dig it!!!!!
JSM

Postby JSM on Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:26 pm

I just found out that Kobe's accuser won't testify tomorrow, that could shorten up the hearing a decent bit...that'a good sing. He may be able to make it to the Hawks game.
JSM

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:58 pm

jsm0331 wrote:I just found out that Kobe's accuser won't testify tomorrow, that could shorten up the hearing a decent bit...that'a good sing. He may be able to make it to the Hawks game.

Interesting... it will shorten the hearing up indeed...

Well that's good for you with your tickets buddy!

Anyways, good job on the nightly matchup, don't make me laugh to hard though... :man9:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:04 pm

Just to let you guys know, Memphis beat the Spurs earlier tonight...

That moved us into 3rd place tied with the Mavs. As much as I'd hate to say this, this is a BIG game for us tommorow in terms of our seed.

Let's go Lakers, jsm, bring your good luck wisdom with you brother! Enjoy the game brother...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby lakerzrule on Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:12 am

The way the Lakers have been playing, this game should be an easy win. I want to see the team treat the Hawks like they did the Nets and turn this into a blowout. I hope Kobe can play, but even if he doesn't, LA will be fine. The Lakers are starting to get into form and I'm feeling pretty good right now. :jam2:
lakerzrule

Postby lyk13 on Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:12 am

I'm looking for another rout of the hawks.... :man1: The one that got 3x-x score? :man13:
lyk13

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:41 pm

today's a good day, i finally got my license and in a good mood to watch the lakeshow kick some A$$. w/ or w/o k8-the-great.

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby smilez on Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:46 pm

Man, do we lead the leugue in back to backs. Cuz we have had alot.
smilez

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:54 pm

Yes we do... Atlanta is in a back-2-back game tonight as well... hmmm... good for us.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Danny Ainge on Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:25 pm

End of the first

We are tied at 22
Atlanta-eight points of turnovers :man5:
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby murcielago62 on Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:27 pm

Is Kobe coming at all?
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:32 pm

why isn't KVTA AM 1520 covering the game? :mad1: this sux

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:36 pm

LETS GO LAKESHOW! I want kobe to rest anyways, don't show kobe.

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby Danny Ainge on Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:43 pm

Sorry Y'all no Kobe & more bad news Lakers trail by six with 4:30 left in the second 36 to 30. Man without Kobe, the Lakers are terrible. Bobby Sura is whooping & Shaq is frustrated.
Danny Ainge

Postby murcielago62 on Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:44 pm

Lakermagic wrote:LETS GO LAKESHOW! I want kobe to rest anyways, don't show kobe.

At this point, it's not about wanting to rest, it's about needing to win.
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby Danny Ainge on Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:50 pm

I tell ya what people, If LA doesn't get their act together, this could be the makings of a disaster.
Danny Ainge

Postby Danny Ainge on Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:51 pm

2:00 2nd
Atl. 42
LA:36

7 turnovers for Lakers
Danny Ainge

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:54 pm

are they not defending again?

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday