Tuesday, Mar. 2
4:30 pm
TV: KCAL 5:30pm, NBALP
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
Recap | Box Score | Photos

Lakers - 93
Hawks - 94

Lakers Edged By Hawks
There seemed to be a lid on the rim in the final seconds when several potential game-winning attempts wouldn't fall as the Lakers lost 94-93 in Atlanta on Tuesday. Gary Payton registered a triple-double, totaling 23 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists, and Shaquille O'Neal added 23 points and 14 rebounds for L.A.

Post your comments here...

Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Kb8theGreat on Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:14 pm

This one is a LOCK :jam2:
Kobe is the Future of our franchise no matter if you like it or not.
Kb8theGreat

Postby murcielago62 on Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:15 pm

Kb8theGreat wrote:This one is a LOCK :jam2:

That's what Minny, Dallas, and San Antonio said...this one might get alittle scary if we let them stick around especially with no Kobe...
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:24 pm

murcielago62 wrote:
Kb8theGreat wrote:This one is a LOCK :jam2:

That's what Minny, Dallas, and San Antonio said...this one might get alittle scary if we let them stick around especially with no Kobe...

Yes, we cannot take this Hawks team for granted. This is our weakness, when we feel we have a team in a "lock" and we start to get lazy.

Anyways, this should be a lock for us, but I still get scared when it comes to these "scrub" teams.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby JSM on Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:29 pm

trust me we will be the Hawks by like 40. They have no one. I will be doing an in depth player matchup for this one, since I know the Hawks better than 90%-95% of the people here. I will be at this game rooting us all the way to the win. Kobe said in today's news, that he will try to make it for this one.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Kb8theGreat on Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:35 pm

jsm0331 wrote:trust me we will be the Hawks by like 40. They have no one. I will be doing an in depth player matchup for this one, since I know the Hawks better than 90%-95% of the people here. I will be at this game rooting us all the way to the win. Kobe said in today's news, that he will try to make it for this one.
Tight man hope we get to see u on Kcal with ur laker jersey......should be easy since the hawks dont have very many fans to fill the seats :man10:
Kobe is the Future of our franchise no matter if you like it or not.
Kb8theGreat

Postby SMUnderground on Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:56 pm

dude..we're gonna win..fo sho..kobe's gonna drop like 50..lol
SMUnderground

Postby JSM on Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:06 pm

SMUnderground wrote:dude..we're gonna win..fo sho..kobe's gonna drop like 50..lol

if he makes it in time for the game, hopefully there will be only a short hearing on Tuesday. If Kobe doesn't make it, Shaq will drop 40 for him.
JSM

Postby SMUnderground on Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:08 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
SMUnderground wrote:dude..we're gonna win..fo sho..kobe's gonna drop like 50..lol

if he makes it in time for the game, hopefully there will be only a short hearing on Tuesday. If Kobe doesn't make it, Shaq will drop 40 for him.

oh yea..i forgot..he won't be there..argh..but shaq and payton will do the job for him...payton fo sho
SMUnderground

Postby JSM on Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:31 pm

just so yall can get some laughs in tonight, I thought I would post the projected starters for Tuesday.

Shaq/Przybilla
Slava/Crawford
Fox/Jackson
Rush (Kobe, if he can make it)/Diaw
Payton/Terry
JSM

Postby JSM on Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:44 pm

Injury Report

Lakers

Malone-he is able to practice and still plans on returning March 5th. Injury Status: Knee; I-L. Questionable for March 5 vs. Seattle.
Sampson-he may need surgery. Injury Status: Ankle; I-L

Hawks
Rebraca-Injury Status: Back spasms; Out 10 days
Ekezie-Injury Status: Knee; I-L
Henderson-Injury Status: Back; Return date uncertain
Mills-Injury Status: Heel; I-L
Person-Injury Status: Knee; Questionable for Mar. 2 vs. L.A. Lakers
Hansen-Injury Status: Foot; Return date uncertain

That leaves the Hawks with Przybilla and N'diaye left to guard Shaq.
:man10:

They have-2 centers, 1 PF, 1 SF, 1 SG, & 3 PG's....that's 8 players, the rest are injured
JSM

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:49 pm

if the lakers played like today. this is going to be a blow out. win by 30 pts.
Last edited by purple_and_gold_fever on Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby Guest on Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:50 pm

I predict that there might actually be some fans in the seats in Atlanta for this one, unlike the game vs. Orlando the other night where you couldn't see more than about 20 fans on the whole one side of the arena. It's a shame what that organization's turned into - the Montreal Expos of basketball.

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:51 pm

xxx wrote:I predict that there might actually be some fans in the seats in Atlanta for this one, unlike the game vs. Orlando the other night where you couldn't see more than about 20 fans on the whole one side of the arena. It's a shame what that organization's turned into - the Montreal Expos of basketball.

they should do some promos. buy 1 ticket get 100 for free.
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby señorita on Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:53 pm

jsm0331 wrote: They have-2 centers, 1 PF, 1 SF, 1 SG, & 3 PG's....that's 8 players, the rest are injured

Oh mah gawd... that is just sad... Imagine having 5 starters with only 3 players for back up.
señorita

Postby JSM on Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:53 pm

xxx wrote:I predict that there might actually be some fans in the seats in Atlanta for this one

There will be fans, all Laker one's though. It's not sold out yet, but I think they expect it to be.

Last year, they started a Kobe chant in the 4th, when he was going off on the Hawks. There were so many Laker fans with posters and jerseys...it felt like I was in LA at a Laker game.
JSM

Postby Guest on Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:17 pm

I remember that game JSM. Man I was so heated, we were about to lose to the Hawks. Ira Newble was going OFF. He was torching everyone and they were starting to smack us around. Then Kobe wen't off in the 4th and the place went nuts.

Have a sign or Lakers jersey or something so we can see you JSM.

Postby Guest on Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:20 pm

The Hawks will only be suiting up 8 players for the game.

Chris Crawford, Jason Terry, and Stephen Jackson have to go off like they have been for them to be anywhere near the ballpark.

Postby señorita on Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:47 pm

jsm0331 wrote:There will be fans, all Laker one's though. It's not sold out yet, but I think they expect it to be.

Last year, they started a Kobe chant in the 4th, when he was going off on the Hawks. There were so many Laker fans with posters and jerseys...it felt like I was in LA at a Laker game.

I remember during the game last year, they had signs saying "I CAME FOR KOBE" That must have hurt the Hawks.

Its quite funny how despite their record of 19-40, part of their wins were against the Spurs, Wolves, Dallas, etc.
señorita

Postby SweetLaker on Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:17 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
xxx wrote:I predict that there might actually be some fans in the seats in Atlanta for this one

There will be fans, all Laker one's though. It's not sold out yet, but I think they expect it to be.

Weren't they also chanting MVP for Kobe?

I'm a little iffy on this one since the Hawks did beat the Wolves, Spurs and Mavs. Geeze.
Aww I'll just say it....LAKERS WILL WIN!!!
LAker Fan Always & Forever!
SweetLaker

Postby JSM on Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:46 pm

SweetLaker wrote: Weren't they also chanting MVP for Kobe?

I'm a little iffy on this one since the Hawks did beat the Wolves, Spurs and Mavs. Geeze.
Aww I'll just say it....LAKERS WILL WIN!!!

Yeah, they were chanting MVP when he was at the line and stuff.

They beat those teams before all these trades. They can't beat the Magic, I mean everyone can beat the Magic, except the Hawks.
JSM

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:04 am

if we lose, we're back to were we started. which is losing to $hitty teams and not gaining any ground for the playoffs. a win is expected.
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby Gallagher32 on Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:19 am

It has to be a W!!! :jam2:

It would be a pity if Kobe won´t stay(I hope he´ll), but, anyway, Payton&Shaq must be enough to get a W
I´m feeling supersonic...
Give me Gin and Tonic...
Gallagher32

Postby futurefelonKobe on Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:28 am

The Lakers in Atlanta without Kobe--they better not get too cocky or they might get burned. Atlanta can be a dangerous team at times.
futurefelonKobe

Postby noxcel on Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:34 am

oh, kobe will not play :bang: We all know that Shaq is nothing without Kobe, so I think we might lose this one. Maybe Payton can have a great game, and we will win? :jam2:
noxcel

Next

Return to Lakers Gameday