Tue. 11/9 @ Hornets - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby GuRu on Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:37 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
GuRu wrote:JJ, Caron, and chucky get my 3 stars of the game!!!

I would have gave one to Diet, but those late fouls and not being able to communicate with teammates, or get the ball past half court, took his star away.

youll never like chucky...just admit it, he had a good game, and the lakers won. And the only other option we have had 4 TO in 13 minutes...
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby shoe on Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:37 pm

I was gettin ready to die for a second, but that dunk from Butler saved my life :jam2:
shoe

Postby Realm of Shadows on Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:40 pm

shoe wrote:I was gettin ready to die for a second, but that dunk from Butler saved my life :jam2:

The relief when he was running down the floor with the ball wide open stopped me from breaking anything. Ugly win but i'll damn sure take it.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:52 pm

lakers won and thats all that matters :jam2: :jam2:
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:33 pm

The steal proves defense wins games, that was the swing in momentum; defense.

As horrid as that was to watch, that was good for the Lakers.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Crono0801 on Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:45 pm

We won yay
RIP Daniel RIP Ana RIP Tom

The Greatest Game of All time
Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby MarkMadsen on Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:19 pm

one thing i really like about how the Lakers played tonight were their passing. Those extra dishes gave some really good looks. :jam2:
MarkMadsen

Postby Frank White on Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:00 am

I'm glad that we played so well on the offensive end, this is what I mean when I say team ball. Everybody is so unselfish that it really warms my heart!

What does not warm my heart but burns me up are the foolish turnovers tonight and just about every game we've played. I mean, guys were basically inviting the Hornets into this game and they almost crashed the party! :man10: Number one rule, never forgetting our basic fundamentals. Soemtimes you have to get two hands on the ball and secure it before trying to make a play.

Man, Mihm was getting after it on the boards! Love the way he played BIG against Magloire, very promising.... :man1:

Caron continues to impress, as does JJ and Lamar. I'm really enjoying Laker basketball this season.
Frank White
Clublakers Moderator

Postby gill on Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:09 am

Well, haven't chimed in here yet cuz of work. Just saw the highlights. Caron's really stepping up his game, especially with the key steal, coming up big with Kobe fouled out. I have a feeling he'll definitely be the No. 2 guy here instead of Odom. Odom will be more of the utility man, doing all the things necessary on the floor (scoring, rebounding, defending, etc.)

Overall we played impressive. However, I have a growing concern with the team in regards to all the 3 victories we have so far. In the 3 wins, we could have won by a huge lead. But the team seems to have a bad habit of letting teams back in the game by slacking off in the 4th. A win is a win, but if they really want to become one of the elite in the NBA, they have to realize to keep pounding on your opponent even though they're down big. They gotta develop that killer instinct which I haven't seen yet. I know it's too early in the season, but 3 wins where the big lead almost fizzled is a slight discomforting thought.

On a positive note, it seems the team can also and easily win big against opposition. They just have to consistently move the ball around and not remain stagnant, and keep in motion, which was the key in our 3 wins so far.

Still, I'm glad for the Lakers victory and their constantly improving play. :jam2:
gill

Postby I Support #8 on Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:30 am

Supastas wrote:Nice win.. It's crazy that they lost a 30 point lead so quickly. When Rudy came with the bench guys to start the 4th, the lead was quickly shaved by 10 to a 20 point lead. That's why Kobe and Chucky came back. After that, the Hornets already had all kinds of confidence and the shots were going in like crazy, and it seemed like the Lakers couldn't get the ball across the half court line!

But remember this, every team in the NBA will make its runs! The Lakers withstood it, even without Kobe and were fortunately able to get the W. This is a nice learning experience!

It's funny.. cuz I was watching the game on League Pass from a New Orlean's channel, and the announcers were asking why was Kobe even coming back on the floor because we had such a huge lead. They were trying to say that he just wanted to come back on and increase his points stats for the evening.
I Support #8

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday