Tue. 11/9 @ Hornets - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Mookie on Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:42 pm

Shaq Fan wrote:LET ME SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU:

@NO............L
@ MEM.............L
@ORL...............L........should be ur best shot
@HOU................L

If u hate u so much why are you like all the time posting and checking out the forum, thats what a fan would do.
Mookie

Postby Mookie on Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:43 pm

bndxclin wrote:LTV on in 5! :jam2:

On what channel KTLA5?What about the game?
Mookie

re

Postby Xepa on Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:43 pm

@NO............L
@ MEM.............L
@HOU................L

@NO............W
@ MEM.............W
@ORL............W
@HOU................L

Memphis is winless, the Hornets have been sucking, Orlando has a high schooler as a starting pf, and We will be too tired to beat HOuston.

Team FARMAR.
alleon86, The Bynum Supremacy, Barnstable, Massacre, nicehair911, melo061, Chicano, Kwame's Cake, lizlakers31, KobeBryant583, popo, C-mac 4.35, dj vitus, M4mb4 24
Xepa

Postby BDG on Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:44 pm

Shaq Fan wrote:
bndxclin wrote:After this game, the Lakers will be 0-5.

no buddy more like 2-3 :man12:
Once again, another one flies over Shaq Fan's head. :what:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:47 pm

Honestly I think we'll go 2-2 and I'll be happy if we do better, since it's a tough road trip.

@ New Orleans.......WIN
@ Memphis........WIN
@ Orlando.......LOSS
@ Houston......LOSS

I think we could swap the win & loss between the Grizz game and the Rockets game here, but that's how we'll do. It's one of the toughest road trips this season. Let's hope we do over .500
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:48 pm

I am predicting that Kobe will score over 40 tonight. I expect a big game out of him in a close Laker win.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby dynasty4kobe on Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:49 pm

bndxclin wrote:hmmm I guess no LTV, just straight to the game.

There is no LTV pre-game show today, but there will be an LTV Post-game show. :ball4:

"Then when we do get back on top, [bandwagoners] are going to want to jump back on and we're going to tell them there's no more room."
-Kobe Bryant, March 28, 2005, 32-37

"I Survived 2005" Club
dynasty4kobe, DarthRekal, In The Key
dynasty4kobe

Postby BDG on Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:50 pm

dynasty4kobe wrote:
bndxclin wrote:hmmm I guess no LTV, just straight to the game.

There is no LTV pre-game show today, but there will be an LTV Post-game show. :ball4:
Ah nice, thanks for the heads up. I think they're gonna do that on KCAL for the early road games, so they don't interfere with their daytime programming.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LK87 on Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:03 pm

GuRu wrote:

@NO............L
@ MEM.............L
@HOU................L

Ive never seen a heat fan with more time invested in the Lakers and what they are doing other than shaq himself....kinda pathetic really

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :scream:
keep ur heads up lakers, im so proud of being a lakers fan
LK87

Postby JSM on Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:03 pm

Chris Mihm vs Jamaal Magloire: Jamaal is no stranger to Mihm, being in the East, he has played him for as long as they both have been in the league. Mihm is more athletic and the quicker of the two, but Magloire is the more talented. He is solid on both ends of the court and can really give us some problems. The All Star big man has to be guarded, hopefully the aggressive Mihm shows up, not the finesse one that was with Boston. He has to attack the basket, if he is going to shoot, or Jamaal will end up with 10 blocks off Mihm alone. I don't think Mihm will be able to win this matchup, Magloire is the bigger, bulkier, more talented, better rebounding center. If Mihm doesn't get us some rebounds, and prevent them from getting second chance shots...it's going to be a long night.

Lamar Odom vs PJ Brown: PJ is a very good defender and gives it 100% night in and night out, but he isn't used to guarding such a versatile player as Odom. Lamar really gives defenders a tough time with his length. We are going to need for Odom to attack the glass, because the frontcourt and rebounding is where the Hornets strengths are (other than Davis). We can't let them get second chance baskets, we need to try to limit them to one shot, and this means that Odom and Mihm have to snatch the ball out of the air and get the ball going the other way. I wouldn't expect Odom to have a big offensive night against PJ, because he is such a good defender, but you never know. Lamar is very quick and athletic, if he is given the ball and attacks, he can beat PJ to the rim, and if nothing else, get to the rim. We are going to need for Grant to play for more than 10 minutes and to attack the rim too. I think he can really help us on the glass, if we play him enough. I really wouldn't worry about Brown scoring too much, 10 points, at the most. The backup PF matchup should turn out to be a fairly good too, with Mr. Anderson and Rodgers as their backup bigs. Rodgers is a shooter and Chris as an athletic freak ( I wonder what hair style he will sport tonight). I think the Hornets win this matchup with the defense and rebounding abilities.

Caron Butler vs George Lynch: Caron is listed as day to day, after he sprained his ankle against the Hawks. He said that he will try to play through the pain, and knowing him, he will. He probably got to the gym early and tested his ankle out, to see what he could and couldn't do. Since he looks up to Kobe, I expect him to go out there and give it his all, even though I would expect that Rudy will try to rest him as much as possible, since we have a long road trip and we are certainly going to need him. Jones is playing very well, tough D, and throwing some Tierre passes down. I wouldn't consider Lynch much better than Jones. He can shoot, play D, but isn't as athletic is either of our SF's. Caron probably won't have a big game, like he did against the Hawks, because of his injury, but hopefully he and JJ can help on the glass.

Kobe Bryant vs David Wesley: Kobe against a combo guard that is the size of a PG. David really has his share of problems against the bigger guards, like Kobe. I would expect Kobe to use this to his advantage. Kobe will do three things tonight...attack...attack...attack. Wesley doesn't have a chance against Kobe, he gives up 5 inches, and is 20 pounds lighter. Kobe will move him around at will, shoot over him, dunk on him, take him to the basket, get him in early foul trouble. I expect another game from Kobe, where he lives from the line. Even though Magloire will probably get to some of his shots and send a few away, I expect that he will probably get some fouls on him too. This is a matchup Kobe is probably looking forward too. As long as he sticks with Wesley and prevents him from shooting, which is where his skill is, but since he probably won't be able to see the basket, over Kobe, Kobe will just pack whatever he puts up. And Mihm will help when Wesley takes it inside. Kobe can easily get 30 and 8 tonight.

Chucky Atkins vs Baron Davis: This will be our backcourt's toughest test, so far. Davis is the second best PG in the NBA. Baron is a strong, fast, athletic, rebounding, passing PG...there isn't really anything that he doesn't do. Defense is our PG's weakness. And Davis is going to expose that and probably have a big night against us. Chucky or Tierre don't stand a chance in hell at stopping the tank in New Orleans. Chucky gives away 60 pounds to him, while Tierre only gives away roughly 30 pounds. I would expect to see a a Davis that camps out in the post, and backs our guards down, and gets to the basket at will. We are going to need for our frontline to deter Baron from attacking the hoop, which is unlikely, but one of our only chances at keeping him from dropping 35+ points on us tonight. The only other chance we have at stopping him, is if we put Kobe on him, which I wouldn't rule out. I think Rudy will start off with our point guards against him, but if he gets going, Kobe will pick up Baron, and Chucky will be covering Wesley. I am actually more looking forward to the backup PG match, since it will be a lot more fair, and interesting. Armstrong against Tierre the Fearless. Both PG's are quick, and similar in size, but Tierre is probably now better at offense, while Armstrong is still a solid defender.

Sorry for it being shorter than usual, but the original one I created got lost, when my computer froze! :mad1:
Last edited by JSM on Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby TomSeaver on Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:04 pm

Mihm needs to make statement against a good Center tonight
TomSeaver

Postby BDG on Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:05 pm

Great move by Kobe... Diddy has his first foul

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:06 pm

any radio link for those of us who can't see the game? :man5:

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby Guest on Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:09 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Great move by Kobe... Diddy has his first foul

who is Diddy ?

Postby BDG on Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:09 pm

And-one for Butler!

And "Diddy" refers to "B. Diddy" aka Baron Davis :man1:

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby vincejs on Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:09 pm

iWuVkObE8BrYaNT wrote:any radio link for those of us who can't see the game? :man5:

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6876 as usual ;D
peep
vincejs

Postby BDG on Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:11 pm

Atkins with the trey!

Make em pay for doubling Kobe.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:14 pm

Kobe's causing problems with Wesley guarding him in the post.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:14 pm

i am predictin a laker game and blow out the hornets just look at the tempo its laker style
PurpleNGold1

Postby Furious D on Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:17 pm

Our bench is gonna dominate in the 2nd quarter. :jam2:
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby Shaq Fan on Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:18 pm

NO IS PLAYING GREAT

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby BDG on Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:20 pm

"Da Birdman, daddy I fly in any weather."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:21 pm

Shaq Fan wrote:NO IS PLAYING GREAT
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
PurpleNGold1

Postby BDG on Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:24 pm

Jungle ball right now...

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby GuRu on Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:24 pm

Shaq Fan...care to make any preditions.....you did so well in the last couple games...... :man1:
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday