Wednesday, Nov. 10
5:00 pm
TV: KCAL, NBALP
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
Recap | Box Score | Photos

Lakers - 106
Hornets - 98

Lakers Swat Hornets
Los Angeles led by as many as 33 points Tuesday and grabbed a 106-98 win at New Orleans. Kobe Bryant scored 31 points on 8-of-18 shooting from the field and Caron Butler added 23 points for the Lakers, who visit Memphis on Wednesday.

Post all your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby GuRu on Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:09 am

lets get it started....

i predict a huge game by BDiddy, i think its going to be tough, but hopefully the lakers can pull the W and start this road trip off right
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby c.Lin on Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:16 am

I think we'll be okay. It'll most likely be a close game, but I can see us pulling it out.
c.Lin

Postby Furious D on Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:42 am

Good Call Tip: The Hornets got 2 really good rebounders in Jamaal Magloire and PJ Brown. What does that mean? Our guys have to work harder to pull down boards which will limit our fast break game. Slower paced game means less points. Margin of victory should be in the single digits with a FG% around the mid 40's.
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby c.Lin on Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:43 am

Furious D wrote:Good Call Tip: The Hornets got 2 really good rebounders in Jamaal Magloire and PJ Brown. What does that mean? Our guys have to work harder to pull down boards which will limit our fast break game. Slower paced game means less points. Margin of victory should be in the single digits with a FG% around the mid 40's.

Stop it! :man9:
c.Lin

Postby Furious D on Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:47 am

^ ???:man3:
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby c.Lin on Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:56 am

I mean... stop giving tips so my score will be better. But yeah, I'm just kidding.
c.Lin

Postby GuRu on Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:59 am

Furious D wrote:Good Call Tip: The Hornets got 2 really good rebounders in Jamaal Magloire and PJ Brown. What does that mean? Our guys have to work harder to pull down boards which will limit our fast break game. Slower paced game means less points. Margin of victory should be in the single digits with a FG% around the mid 40's.

thanks for the tip. Amazingly im actually leading Good Call....who'd have thunk it? :man7:
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:13 am

Hopefully, Baron Davis launches threes on every Hornet possession... :man9:

Seriously, if Mihm continues to provide the much needed inside presence... this game will be tight.

I pray that Kobe have one of those nights where he scores over 50 in three quarters :jam2:
KareemTheGreat33

Postby 8kobe8 on Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:20 am

This will be a very intresting game to watch becaus the Lakers are going to have one day of rest while NO has had up to 2 days. NO had a lot of time to regroup and get things to together. I dont care about the points, i just pray we get a W.
8kobe8

Postby KB24 on Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:55 am

Well i hope Kobe takes B-Diddy over! Kobe is the one who can defend him! B-Diddy would execute Chucky and T-Air! Then Odom should be able to burn PJ Brown with his quickness and Butler is much better than Lynch! I think Mihm vs. Magloire is the most important matchup! We don´t know if our team is able to play well on the road but a win is possible!

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Real Deal on Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:46 am

Image Image
Los Angeles Lakers (2-2) @ New Orleans Hornets (0-3)

Previous Games:
Hawks @ Lakers 106-90 W
Hornets @ Wolves 99-92 L

Projected Starting Lineups
LAKERS
(Rudy Tomjanovich)
ImageImageImageImageImage
(Chucky Atkins, Kobe Bryant, Caron Butler, Lamar Odom, Chris Mihm)
VS
HORNETS
(Byron Scott)
ImageImageImageImageImage
(Baron Davis, David Wesley, George Lynch, PJ Brown, Jamaal Magloire)

Factors off the Bench
ImageImage
(Jumaine Jones, JR Smith)

Game MVPs
ImageImage
(Kobe Bryant, Baron Davis)

Brandon's Analysis
This game will be decided on two main factors: rebounding and turnovers. The Hornets have been outrebounded by 13 and 12 in their last two games, against Minnesota and Orlando...and although it is said that the Lakers have trouble on the boards as well, it's mainly an issue of keeping teams away from the offensive glass, as the Lakers have been keeping up with other teams so far this year on defensive boards.

The turnovers for Los Angeles could cause problems for them Tuesday night. Baron Davis is very capable of finishing strong on a bad turnover, something Atkins and Tierre want to avoid from the start of the game. Causing turnovers from Baron's penetrations will be a key for the Lakers, where Mihm will have to step in and either draw a charge, or create a bad passing situation for Baron, once in the lane.

In this game, the Lakers should take advantage of PJ Brown. Odom and Grant will find that Brown rarely passes once given the ball, and with Odom's wingspan, Brown will have trouble getting around him for the basket...so keeping him farther from the hoop will not only keep his points low, but will also keep him from ripping offensive boards.

Off the bench, expect to see JR Smith step on the court for a spark in the Hornets' offense. His shooting could put them back into the game at any given moment. Also, Chris Andersen may see 10+ minutes Tuesday night, yet could easily get into foul trouble if he's too aggressive on both sides of the ball. Jumaine Jones should play a fair amount of time, depending on Butler's injury he suffered in the Hawks game on Sunday...which will give the Lakers a good rebounding presence at the three.

Brandon's Prediction
As long as we can outrebound the Hornets and cut the turnovers in half from previous games, we should be able to fight this one out. A few scoring runs early in the game will benefit us, also...but we can't let the Hornets take a big lead going into the half. The Lakers will win this one, 86-81.
Real Deal

Postby noname on Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:59 am

GuRu wrote:

thanks for the tip. Amazingly im actually leading Good Call....who'd have thunk it? :man7:

i dont care what u lead as long as u keep that avatar
noname
Good Call Stats Team

Postby leftymo on Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:31 am

Brutal road trip against teams that are either playing well, or beat us last year in their building.

If LA wants to get a win on this trip it has to be this game. We all saw how they faired in that back to back game in utah. So that might make the wednesday game tough, especially since its against Memphis.

Initially I feared an 0-4 or at best 1-3 trip. But the optimistic side can see a 2-2 trip. Wins @ Orlando & New Orleans. Losses @ Memphis & Houston.

This trip is 100% the defense. If they keep these teams under 90, they have a shot.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby Shaq Fan on Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:00 pm

YOU WILL NOT WIN THIS ONE...............0-4 road trip

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:04 pm

Shaq Fan wrote:YOU WILL NOT WIN THIS ONE...............0-4 road trip

How do you figure this?

Please analyze a little bit before you make ignorant assertions... :nono2:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:09 pm

Considering you claimed Kevin Willis would "DOMINATE" the middle against us last game, I would take this comment with a grain of salt.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:16 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:
Considering you claimed Kevin Willis would "DOMINATE" the middle against us last game, I would take this comment with a grain of salt.

:man10: :man10: :man10:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby mandingo on Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:26 pm

leftymo wrote: But the optimistic side can see a 2-2 trip. Wins @ Orlando & New Orleans. Losses @ Memphis & Houston.

I believe that New Orleans and Memphis are going to be the two trouble teams. Both teams are down 0-3 and in desperate need of a win. Desperate teams can be very dangerous. Houston hasn't impressed me as of yet and I haven't seen Orlando play, but I figure them to both be good games.

This trip is 100% the defense. If they keep these teams under 90, they have a shot.

I definitely agree, with another stipulation. The turnovers have to be kept to a minimum. Sixteen/game isn't going to cut it against hungry teams.
I bleed purple and sweat gold, don't ever question that.
Play Good Call
mandingo

Postby JSM on Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:28 pm

Considering your "predictions" from the Hawks game, I will choose to not believe you and laugh at you and every post you make...oh wait. I do that anyways. Just go post in your heat thread or something. Stop spamming this thread, you have no interest in the game, nor either team. Where did you go in the last game? You were there, posting, talking your smack, yet when the Lakers hit the 20 point lead marker, you fled the crime scene, like you stole a TV, and never came back. If you aren't going to stay and post for the whole game, don't waste your or our time, that's just childish.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:32 pm

Hornets Injury Report:

Jr. Harrington-on the IR, due to an injured back.
Mashburn-bum knee, may force him into retirement
Pickett-on the IR with back spasms.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Shaq Fan on Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:43 pm

jsm0331 wrote:

Considering your "predictions" from the Hawks game, I will choose to not believe you and laugh at you and every post you make...oh wait. I do that anyways. Just go post in your heat thread or something. Stop spamming this thread, you have no interest in the game, nor either team. Where did you go in the last game? You were there, posting, talking your smack, yet when the Lakers hit the 20 point lead marker, you fled the crime scene, like you stole a TV, and never came back. If you aren't going to stay and post for the whole game, don't waste your or our time, that's just childish.

sorry jsm, but it gets late in the EAST coast.......................

also, you play NO, HOU, Mem, and Orl on the road trip................................................NO, B-Diddy will dominate you(got no answer) as will the rebounding

Houston, as well, T-Mac over Kobe and Yao will dominaye Mihm :man10:

Memphis...........this will be the closeset chance u have in winning, but in the end J-Will/Pau combo will win

and Orl..............Francis will beat u easily, and Hill will beat Odom and Mobley will nail the three all night............................

O-4

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby Lakers4Ever on Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:00 pm

Shaq Fan wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:

sorry jsm, but it gets late in the EAST coast.......................

also, you play NO, HOU, Mem, and Orl on the road trip................................................NO, B-Diddy will dominate you(got no answer) as will the rebounding

Houston, as well, T-Mac over Kobe and Yao will dominaye Mihm :man10:

Memphis...........this will be the closeset chance u have in winning, but in the end J-Will/Pau combo will win

and Orl..............Francis will beat u easily, and Hill will beat Odom and Mobley will nail the three all night............................

O-4

How about you name us ONE team that you've played so far that's actually a title or playoff contender? You're 3-0 record means nothing to us for now until you start playing some real teams. Until then, maybe you should start thinking twice about what you're saying and wait and see :man10:
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby BuddyList on Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:44 pm

shaqfan why are you still here?
everybody knows the lakers will lose to every single team
so why do you offer your predictions?

maybe if you weren't 41st on the good call thing maybe people will actually agree with you
BuddyList

Postby dynasty4kobe on Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:12 pm

In my opinion, this game comes down to the anyone not named Kobe Bryant or Baron Davis. I see Baron and Kobe both having huge games, both getting 30+ points, so they should cancel each other out in terms of scoring. To me, which ever team has the second/third guy coming up big will be the winner.

I'm looking at Magloire and Wesley from the Hornets.

vs.

I'm looking at Odom and Butler from the Lakers.

"Then when we do get back on top, [bandwagoners] are going to want to jump back on and we're going to tell them there's no more room."
-Kobe Bryant, March 28, 2005, 32-37

"I Survived 2005" Club
dynasty4kobe, DarthRekal, In The Key
dynasty4kobe

Next

Return to Lakers Gameday