Tue. 2/15 vs. Jazz - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Ring It Up on Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:42 am

I love the W but this is not something to be happy about. The Jazz were without Boozer and AK. This should have been a blowout. Should not have even been trailing or close.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby leftymo on Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:48 am

KB8 till infinity wrote:
LakeShizow wrote:What does Laker Efense look like? Just take a snapshot of Cook next time anyone forgets. That soft flat footed Laker Killer/&^@* is killing the Lakers. He is such the poster child of the softness coupled with the lack of D that has plagued the Lakers this season. If you have absolutely no ups, then for the love of GOD, wouldn't u focus on boxing out? I was so wrong to think/ hope he would be the new version of Horry. Difference is that Horry hit Big 3's, had a brain, and played D. :man2: Talk about getting owned by guys like Okur on the boards.
:man10: Cook is really the worst thing that could happen for the lakers. He isn´t an NBA player really. I don´t know if he could stop ME driving to the basket. No brain and takes clutch shots and misses them down the stretch and hurts us. Nearly every time any team has a 10+-0 unanswered Cook is on the floor. I really hope we can get rid of him as quick as possible.

Don't let missmyte read that! Actually I'm still trying to figure out why Kupchak continually drafts soft players in positions of NO need, like Cook, Rush, and Sasha... It would be amazing if he actually addressed a need of this team like a big physical banging PF instead of a 6'9" shooting guard.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby MarkMadsen on Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:58 am

Ring It Up wrote:
MarkMadsen wrote: Thats there only real downfall.

You are kidding right?

pretty much. We dont usually have problems scoring. Whats killing us is our defense in the paint and lack of defense on transistions.
MarkMadsen

Postby dynasty4kobe on Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:03 am

leftymo wrote:
KB8 till infinity wrote:
LakeShizow wrote:What does Laker Efense look like? Just take a snapshot of Cook next time anyone forgets. That soft flat footed Laker Killer/&^@* is killing the Lakers. He is such the poster child of the softness coupled with the lack of D that has plagued the Lakers this season. If you have absolutely no ups, then for the love of GOD, wouldn't u focus on boxing out? I was so wrong to think/ hope he would be the new version of Horry. Difference is that Horry hit Big 3's, had a brain, and played D. :man2: Talk about getting owned by guys like Okur on the boards.
:man10: Cook is really the worst thing that could happen for the lakers. He isn´t an NBA player really. I don´t know if he could stop ME driving to the basket. No brain and takes clutch shots and misses them down the stretch and hurts us. Nearly every time any team has a 10+-0 unanswered Cook is on the floor. I really hope we can get rid of him as quick as possible.

Don't let missmyte read that! Actually I'm still trying to figure out why Kupchak continually drafts soft players in positions of NO need, like Cook, Rush, and Sasha... It would be amazing if he actually addressed a need of this team like a big physical banging PF instead of a 6'9" shooting guard.

C'mon give the guy a break, who else could he have drafted . . . oh wait a minute . . .

2002 Draft:
Lakers take Chris Jefferies with the 27th pick
Cavaliers take Carlos Boozer with the 35th pick

2003 Draft:
Lakers take Brian Cook with the 24th pick
Mavericks take Josh Howard with the 29th pick

2004 Draft:
Lakers take Sasha Vujacic with the 27th pick
Spurs take Beno Udrih with the 28th pick

"Then when we do get back on top, [bandwagoners] are going to want to jump back on and we're going to tell them there's no more room."
-Kobe Bryant, March 28, 2005, 32-37

"I Survived 2005" Club
dynasty4kobe, DarthRekal, In The Key
dynasty4kobe

Postby Neener on Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:05 am

dynasty4kobe wrote:
leftymo wrote:
KB8 till infinity wrote:

C'mon give the guy a break, who else could he have drafted . . . oh wait a minute . . .

2002 Draft:

2003 Draft:

2004 Draft:

You can do that with every single team and see that they missed really solid players. Think of the teams that passed on Michael Jordan, Kobe, etc.
Neener

Postby dynasty4kobe on Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:15 am

Neener wrote:
dynasty4kobe wrote:
leftymo wrote:
KB8 till infinity wrote:

2002 Draft:

2003 Draft:

2004 Draft:

You can do that with every single team and see that they missed really solid players. Think of the teams that passed on Michael Jordan, Kobe, etc.

Except for San Antonio, they always seem to get the steals of the drafts. Even outside of the draft, they will bring in players that are seemingly garbage, who turn out to be decent players. Ginobili, Udrih, Brown, Parker . . . they've got some good scouts.

BTW, I'm not literally saying that San Antonio never passes up good players, I'm just pointing out that they usually do well in drafts.

"Then when we do get back on top, [bandwagoners] are going to want to jump back on and we're going to tell them there's no more room."
-Kobe Bryant, March 28, 2005, 32-37

"I Survived 2005" Club
dynasty4kobe, DarthRekal, In The Key
dynasty4kobe

Postby Undertakernv on Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:15 am

Yeah, there are tons of awesome players that have been overlooked. It happens.

Good to hear Caron talking about studying the Overload during the All-Star break. You could tell Jack was impressed.
Undertakernv

Postby Coville on Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:27 am

dynasty4kobe wrote:
leftymo wrote:
KB8 till infinity wrote:

2002 Draft:

2003 Draft:

2004 Draft:

1999 Draft:
Lakers take Devean George with the 23rd pick
Utah take AK47 with the 24th pick

2002 Draft:
Lakes take Kareem Rush with the 20th pick
Detroit take Tayshaun Price with the 23rd pick

Kupcake doesn't do a good job drafting, he has blown it every year since he has been gm.
Coville

Postby Furious D on Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:42 am

That was a close one. Kobe with his amazing 3-pt shot and Chucky coming through again with a clutch shot. What a game that was. It wasnt pretty but we still got the W. :jam2:
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby Zheka on Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:43 am

1999 Draft:

Every time I remember this I want to kill myself :mad1:
Zheka

Postby KB24 on Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:35 am

Zheka wrote:
1999 Draft:

Ya how was that possible? :man3: One of the biggest upsets EVER in NBA HISTORY. George instead of AK :man4:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby kobe6962 on Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:15 am

Ring It Up wrote:I love the W but this is not something to be happy about. The Jazz were without Boozer and AK. This should have been a blowout. Should not have even been trailing or close.

I agree but I knew Utah would come in and play hard with Boozer and AK or not... I figured this would happen but they better man up.. Celtics wont be no punks and GP is gonna punk Chucky!
Officially done with ClubLakers. Its too much of a freaking circus for my taste. I wont ever be back and all of you can shove it.

No matter how many times a certain person sends me a message I am done so keep begging I am not coming back you know who you are!
kobe6962

Postby magicmoment on Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:47 am

the game... BEAUTIFUL! hehe.. it was quite exciting.. our whole 2nd half was pretty good. cant really complain. too bad LO was out though. but the only thing is that....the Jazz didnt have AK and Boozer.. they are REALLY good players.. guess the Lakers just got lucky last night! good job to the Lakers though.. and esp. to KB who contributed 40 pts. and Caron for his great plays!!! :bow: :jam2:
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby thisbjgz on Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:42 pm

i think with boston and portland coming up we have a very good chance of winning 3 straight lol
thisbjgz

Postby Zheka on Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:36 pm

KB8 till infinity wrote:
Zheka wrote:
1999 Draft:

Ya how was that possible? :man3: One of the biggest upsets EVER in NBA HISTORY. George instead of AK :man4:

Andrei was too young and the main reason too far :man1:
Zheka

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday