Tue. 11/03 - Lakers @ OKC - Predictions & Comments

Re: Tue. 11/03 - Lakers @ OKC - Predictions & Comments

Postby Weezy on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:21 pm

GoldHammish wrote:i only caught the first quarter. how the hell did this go to OT? :man3:

Starters built a lead, bench came in and gave it away, could not score. Then the starters came out again and started having tons of turnovers the rest of the game, just sloppy ball. Call me negative but I'm not optimistic about the Houston game tomorrow, they play us tough, Brooks will tear us up.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby 432J on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:58 pm

Not pretty by any means but a win is a win. Just waiting for pau to get back in there and see what happens from there. Time to move on and focus on the next one...
432J

Postby BDG on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:17 am

Again, I was very impressed with Artest's D down the stretch to cool off a red-hot Kevin Durant.

0 points, 0-5 FGs, 3 TOs in the 4th and OT combined.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BigWorm on Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:10 am

cant wait to get Gasol back so Odom can help out the 2nd unit...
BigWorm

Postby LakerPride247 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:35 am

kray28 wrote:
Helljumper wrote:If by "when the stakes get high" you mean in a close regular season game that is relatively pointless against a bad team, than I agree with you.

He stepped up in the playoffs last year in close, competitive games. He played great in the playoffs in 08 (before the Finals where the team collectively collapsed). And without him we'd have been swept by Phoenix the 2 years before that. I'd consider those stakes a bit higher than these few regular season games where he's had mental lapses.

Again Lamar certainly made contributions during the playoffs, I'm not denying that....he just didn't do it in the clutch...when the game was on the line.

Who were the Lakers' clutch playoff performers?

1. Kobe - every series, he played critical closer
2. Fisher - Game 4 ORL, nuff said
3. Trevor - Game 1 and 3 vs. Nuggets

The one semi-clutch moment I'd give Lamar was when he dunked on Birdman off a play that Kobe basically made for him by cutting across the lane in Game 5 vs. the Nuggies.,

You just never stop...
“This contract with Joel Anthony is a testament to the man who is second to none; who has worked hard and deserved this,” said Heat President Pat Riley. “We felt that what he has done over the last couple of years in developing his game, his body and his knowledge warrants this reward. If other NBA non-drafted free agents want a prototype to follow, Joel Anthony is that man."

Heat President/Acid abuser Pat Riley
LakerPride247

Postby karacha on Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:10 am

People in the stands -- both Thunder and LA fans were laughing at that airball FT by Lamar. Seriously, he's great for us and all, but has to be one of the most anti-clutch players I've had a pleasure to watch. His FT shooting when the game is on the line just doesn't look very good. I wonder, what's happening in his head when he steps on the line to shoot. Maybe it's just during regular season, but still...
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby TT24 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:30 am

Odom’s explanation for the air-balled foul shot in the clutch

OKLAHOMA CITY — I write a column about Lamar Odom’s increased maturity after his sensational game vs. Atlanta, then he drills a key 3-pointer in overtime against Oklahoma City … and then (after missing the first foul shot) he air-balls a free-throw attempt with 10.3 seconds left to keep the Lakers’ lead at three points?

“I shot the first one a little too long, and I told myself to do everything I can not to shoot the second one long,” Odom said. “It was a lack of concentration. There was no excuse for that. It has to at least touch the rim.”

The Lakers escaped another tie when Russell Westbrook, who was often simply brutal with his ball decisions in this game, missed a final 3-pointer. Thabo Sefolosha had missed an open 3-pointer on the previous possession after Kobe Bryant gambled on defense for a steal and wound up leaving Sefolosha all alone.

Odom was unhappy that he didn’t get the benefit of some foul calls when he drove to the basket twice and collided with Thunder defenders, but he had to keep his emotions in check.

“Persistence and just staying after it (is what won the game),” Odom said. “We weren’t worrying about calls and things that didn’t go our way.”

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2009/ ... tch/24445/
TT24

Postby BadCoaching on Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:38 am

Looked like he was shaving points to me.

WTF is with the bench? 6 points.. no wonder they almost lost. It's like we're emulating Bostons late season play by having zero bench options.
BadCoaching

Postby leakbrewergator on Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:34 am

Watching last night's game was the fist time I actually felt like I was watching an NBA regular season game. I fon't know about the rest of you, but the first few games just didn't have that kind of feel to them.

Miami ThreeTARDS- Duh Wayne 'Fraid, Piss Posh, LeBrat Shames
leakbrewergator

Postby crazylakerfanforlife on Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:33 pm

what about the time when odom knocked down 2 freethrows that won the game at boston last year? that win gave us momentum for the rest of the season and into the playoffs.
crazylakerfanforlife

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday