Tue. 6/9 - Lakers @ Orlando - Game 3 - Predictions/Comments

Re: Tue. 6/9 - Lakers @ Orlando - Game 3 - Predictions/Comments

Postby stephen293 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:06 pm

Anybody know what the shooting percentage was for Magics. I know it was pretty good. All I have to say is that with Lakers playing SO bad tonight they should've blown LA out of the water. They didn't and that's the bottom line. This game is a wakeup call. We'll start talking about Kobe's legacy once the Magics win again. Kobe may have had cold feet today but he is still the league's best closer. Unfortunately today wasn't it.
stephen293

Postby retard on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:07 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:You guys know how much I defend Kobe but tonight he let a rookie get into his head and he messed up bad in the second half. I don't know what to say. The media is gonna have a field day with this one.

he didnt mess up BAD...he just didnt play as well as he did in the first and shots just didnt fall in but he coulda executed better and i never see u defend kobe..u been talking stupid things bout kobe, getting on and off of him
Image LA <333
retard

Postby TheGoat on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:08 pm

This sucks but Im not too worried. Orlando gave us every opportunity to steal this game. Unfortunately Kobe wasn't up for it.
"After slamming in an alley-oop as the Suns center(Amare Stoudemire) clung helplessly to his arm, Bynum hopped around like he was on a pogo stick, grinning and nodding in a 'Who’s the man-child now?' sort of way" -Chris Broussard of espn.
TheGoat

Location: whispering orders into Kupchak's ear "Do it Mitch!"

Postby stephen293 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:08 pm

jbum wrote:
LeX Da KiD wrote:omg i hate it when rafer talks he's so [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] annoying WOW, someone please shoot him in the mouth

geez... what's with all this hate on the Magic players.

Umm...it's a Lakers forum and we're playing them in the finals. I hope that was sarcasm.
stephen293

Postby Lizardking on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:08 pm

Listen its very simple, ever since he started the I''m tough look, he says "I just want it soooo bad" Well yea, its obvious as you didnt let LO have the ball tonight, you clanked your FTs, and jack up enough bricks for the whole season.

I wonder if wonder lick, will take the loss on his sholders or blame someone else?

Hmmmm
Lizardking

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:08 pm

My intuition saud we'd lose today and I was right so atleast that was good for me lmao!
Jazzygirl205

Postby 8+24= Magic on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:08 pm

Really we could be down 2-1 in this series, Kobe had a bad game 2 and 3. Imagine if Lee makes that Layup and Kobe follows it up with this performance? People would be jumping off buildings!
8+24= Magic

Postby Piston Boris on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:09 pm

This was a good game.

Orlando came up big like I expected they would to pull back into the series and come to within 2-1.

I'll be curious to see what happens in games 4 & 5.
Piston Boris
ClubPistons.com Administrator

Postby odom1year on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:09 pm

Kobe needs to let Gasol shooting more.
odom1year

Postby Lizardking on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:09 pm

trudat, I really felt they would compete but lose in a close game, one thing about wonder lick, they might have just pissed him off, he may go crazy in the next game...
Lizardking

Postby AlleyoOp2KOBE on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:09 pm

Freethrows really hurt us tonight. I was really expecting a few misses from odom and pau... but damn kobe. When was the last time he shot poorly from the freethrow line? I know he will bounce back from this.
AlleyoOp2KOBE

Postby wtf_albinoo on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:10 pm

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
wtf_albinoo

Postby f355 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:11 pm

Tough lost but I'm sure we are going to win Thursdays. Think about how horrible we played and how good they played . This was a close game to the end in their house. No way there going to win all 3 at home, trust me. Book it!
f355

Postby TheGoat on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:11 pm

We should have posted up Pau and Lamar more. But overall, we just couldn't stop them.
"After slamming in an alley-oop as the Suns center(Amare Stoudemire) clung helplessly to his arm, Bynum hopped around like he was on a pogo stick, grinning and nodding in a 'Who’s the man-child now?' sort of way" -Chris Broussard of espn.
TheGoat

Postby lalfan on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:11 pm

any time you lose a close road game in the playoffs is tough. there is no silver lining in tonight's game. we shot 53%, who's to say we're going to shoot this accurate in the next game? who's to blame for this loss? kobe. it is so frustrating with kobe, you can't really say he ballhogged tonight and had trust issue with the teammates, but that game 6 in Denver he clearly showed he's fully capable of run the offense, take what the defense gives him and setup teammates. we just need more consistency out of kobe, one game he's the willing passer and playing smart, the next game, he's playing like he's mad at the world and goes on attack by himself. we've seen way too much of this behavior from kobe, he's not gonna change, we just have to hope next game Kobe will be the one showed up in Denver for game 6.

Kobe: it's like a box of chocolate, you never know which one gonna show up.
lalfan

Postby Lizardking on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:11 pm

odom1year wrote:Kobe needs to let Gasol shooting more.

And LO too....or did LO not stock up on gummie bears tofday?.

Kobe, Gasol has been the rock of this team, why not use him?

Urghhhh
Lizardking

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:11 pm

retard wrote:
Jazzygirl205 wrote:You guys know how much I defend Kobe but tonight he let a rookie get into his head and he messed up bad in the second half. I don't know what to say. The media is gonna have a field day with this one.

he didnt mess up BAD...he just didnt play as well as he did in the first and shots just didnt fall in but he coulda executed better and i never see u defend kobe..u been talking stupid things bout kobe, getting on and off of him

Clearly you must have just now started paying attention to me because I'm the biggest Kobe defender here and on the net. I've been called a Kobe stan, homer, groupie, everything under the Sun because I defend him so much. Do you not see my signature? He dissapointed me tonight and I'm not putting the blame on him soley but he was apart of the loss along with some silly plays from the rest our team the whole team played bad. But you know when Kobe messes up it's emphasised more.
Jazzygirl205

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:12 pm

Kobe missed so much at the end it was almost suspicious. Is he back to the old point-shaving days?
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby OriginalKobe8 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:12 pm

OCLakersFan247 wrote:
OriginalKobe8 wrote:See you Thursday night I guess.

well obviously dude its first to 4 not first to three LOL

I was giving up for the night at that point. :man6:
OriginalKobe8

Postby TheGoat on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:13 pm

We had a great shot to win. I expected the lakers to drop this one anyway. Lakers in 6.
TheGoat

Postby Lizardking on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:13 pm

AlleyoOp2KOBE wrote:Freethrows really hurt us tonight. I was really expecting a few misses from odom and pau... but damn kobe. When was the last time he shot poorly from the freethrow line? I know he will bounce back from this.

They shot what??? 62% from the FT line?

Come on?
Lizardking

Postby BMamba81 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:13 pm

We need more patience on offense and work it into Pau. We get so stagnet when Kobe tries to work every possesion. Makes the other guys panic when they get the rock
BMamba81

Postby stephen293 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:14 pm

I think espn front page says it the best: "Orlando shot an NBA Finals-best 62.5 percent in Game 3 on Tuesday night. But it still had to sweat out a 108-104 victory over the Lakers to climb back into the series, 2-1"

It took an amazing play by the Magics to beat us...and even that by 4. All considering that FT were just missed at ridiculous proportions and Kobe (being part of it) just flat out did not have a good day.
stephen293

Postby Really on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:14 pm

OCLakersFan247 wrote:god this board is [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] pathetic
Really

Postby jayy_zee on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:16 pm

you know i haven't been this shell-shocked out of one play from a superstar since nick anderson stole the ball from Jordan back in '95 playoffs where the bulls would lose that series.
jayy_zee

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday