Tue. 4/7 - Lakers @ Sacramento - Predictions & Comments

Re: Tue. 4/7 - Lakers @ Sacramento - Predictions & Comments

Postby AlleyoOp2KOBE on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:20 pm

You how great the lakers are tonight? I did not see Kobe at all tonight.
AlleyoOp2KOBE

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:21 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:Yeah *sigh* I know **looking down at my Jordans kicking rocks around**, so is everyone else on here....., if not there wouldn't be any pessimism/ optimism threads on here? Now would it? **shrugs** lol! Don't take me seriously I just post here like others are doing right now displaying their emotionals, opinions, and thoughts freely is that a crime? If so Arrest me!!!!!!!! Lol!!

ETA: This was for the guy who quoted me sensitve lol!!!!

Do you look like your sig? I have handcuffs.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby leftymo on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:22 pm

karacha wrote:GG. Who's next, Denver? We'll beat them too. Bynum's coming back after that game, right?

Outside shot of him playing against Denver, but can't see him making a return against Portland, so then it'll be Memphis.

I'd hate it to be the Memphis game... b/c they won't really try to win the Utah game, most likely. (plus a loss against Utah might clinch us not facing them in the playoffs)
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby AlleyoOp2KOBE on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:23 pm

We definitely need Bynum's presence against portland.
AlleyoOp2KOBE

Postby Slade366 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:25 pm

Helljumper wrote:
Jazzygirl205 wrote:Yeah *sigh* I know **looking down at my Jordans kicking rocks around**, so is everyone else on here....., if not there wouldn't be any pessimism/ optimism threads on here? Now would it? **shrugs** lol! Don't take me seriously I just post here like others are doing right now displaying their emotionals, opinions, and thoughts freely is that a crime? If so Arrest me!!!!!!!! Lol!!

I gotta say, your signature really bugs me. You're basically saying that fans who overreact and get disappointed after a lost are all bandwagoners who don't actually care about the team.

We get pissed after a lose. So we post on this fourm. Your kinda doing what a pessimistic person does. A pessimistic person says were going to lose and when they do lose they are all like "told you so" and then when we win they aren't pessimistic anymore. You do the same thing but opposite. We get your point that you hate pessimistic people all ready... All of our expectations are high this season.
Last edited by Slade366 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slade366

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:25 pm

I think we are gonna play Utah in the first round, so the last game of the season is a much needed message game.

We lose to them and play Dallas, or beat them and play them first round. could get crazy like that.

We just need TWO Cavs losses somehow. Cause I am still no confident about Portland. Unless Drew is back
Last edited by tigerjeterkobe on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:26 pm

Helljumper wrote:

I gotta say, your signature really bugs me. You're basically saying that fans who overreact and get disappointed after a lost are all bandwagoners who don't actually care about the team.

Like the fans that overreact about the fans who who get tired of seeing some fans overract in a pessimist (since that's the most popular word on here lol) manner?? And no one is bothered by people saying smart things about us out? Well.... me because I think I'm the only one lol! Don't worry about stuff I say on here, after all I'm just a person who replies on the forum as do everyone else lol. N but seriously everyone has personal quotes in their sig no one takes seriously unless..................THE SHOE FITS. If it doesn't don't worry about it.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Slade366 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:28 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:I think we are gonna play Utah in the first round, so the last game of the season is a much needed message game.

Or, we beat them and play Dallas, or lose to them and play them first round. could get crazy like that.

We just need TWO Cavs losses somehow. Cause I am still no confident about Portland. Unless Drew is back

Actually if we beat Utah we would have a better chance of playing them in the first round because then they would have a worse record and could get #8. If were not battling for HCA then I would consider losing on purpose so we wouldn't have to play them in round one.
Slade366

Postby leftymo on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:28 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:I think we are gonna play Utah in the first round, so the last game of the season is a much needed message game.

We lose to them and play Dallas, or beat them and play them first round. could get crazy like that.

If we beat them, they might fall to the 8th spot. If we lose to them, that might be the win that gets them the 7th seed.

I'd much rather face Dallas than Utah.

Getting HCA is probably gone, even though LA only trails by 1 game. We still have to beat Portland in Portland, plus Denver/Utah...
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby Helljumper on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:29 pm

I have a feeling it's gonna go like this: If we lose to Utah, we play Dallas in the first round. If we beat Utah, we play Utah in the first round.

BTW, the game against Denver is going to be just as difficult as the one in Portland. They're one of the hottest teams in the league right now. If we manage to win both of those games, that would be a HUGE boost headed into the playoffs.
Helljumper

Postby Dead Man's Bells on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:31 pm

this wasn't the victory i had figured we'd get, but it's definitely 100 times better! i was worried at the start, but knew they'd at least get it close and win it in the end... didn't see this coming!
Dead Man's Bells

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:34 pm

Okay I don't feel like getting into who said what in their post that's completely off topic, I'm not in the mood today maybe the day after tomorrow I'll be ready full throttle lol!

Now about Denver and Portland, they can beat our arses, we can't sleep on anyone especially since we have the tendency to slag off the lead when we build a huge one. As well as the Utah Jazz, all of these teams can take us out we have to play well and with a tired starting line-up we HAVE TO play like we need too, or we'll definately have problems I won't say we'll lose because I know we can win but we'll definately have issues with them. However,with the addition of Drew much less stress is on our starters since he'll be a huge lift again.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Slade366 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:38 pm

I don't know why everyone's freaking out about Denver. There a great team and everything but were home so It wont be as hard as Portland.
Slade366

Postby GG on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:56 pm

leftymo wrote:

If we beat them, they might fall to the 8th spot. If we lose to them, that might be the win that gets them the 7th seed.

I'd much rather face Dallas than Utah.

Getting HCA is probably gone, even though LA only trails by 1 game. We still have to beat Portland in Portland, plus Denver/Utah...

how can you say the home court is gone? cleveland still plays boston and some other decent team I think. all we need to do is tie.
GG

Postby therealdeal on Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:10 pm

Good game.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby 432J on Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:27 pm

good win tonight, good game from pau
432J

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:20 am

Helljumper wrote:

I have a feeling it's gonna go like this: If we lose to Utah, we play Dallas in the first round. If we beat Utah, we play Utah in the first round.

BTW, the game against Denver is going to be just as difficult as the one in Portland. They're one of the hottest teams in the league right now. If we manage to win both of those games, that would be a HUGE boost headed into the playoffs.

Actually, that's what I meant. We beat Utah, we play them first round. Or Lose to them and play Dallas in the first round. I agree, if HCA is gone, we rest Pau, Fish and Kobe that game, and if we lose, great -- we play Dallas.

Jazzy is right. This team is tired and dragging. I think we will beat Denver. We match up well agaisnt them and have owned them but for a sluggish game on a back to back. But going to Portland the next night, into a crowd that will be jacked up more that Portlant's first home playoff game this year, on tired legs, will be very very difficult. That team is young, energetic, and play us like its their Superbowl at home. If Bynum doesn't play Friday, I don't think we win.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:23 am

^ I think you're over estimating the tired factor now. They've been looking progressively better these last couple weeks. Sure they're still tired, but they're playing with more energy, getting into the game and doing the right things.

Imagine this : Beat Utah = Play Utah, Lose to Utah= play Dallas, with .5 games behind Cleveland. Talk about mixed priorities. I actually think this team is too proud to toss a game because they'd rather play ___ in the first round.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:23 am

I don't think we are overstating the fatigue factor at all. Even PJ acknowledged it -- saying guys are cutting corners at times and Pau even said he would welcome a rest. Pau and Kobe look tired at times (Pau more). With Bynum out and Powell and DJ not being reliable, and LO often in foul trouble, Pau has logged heavy minutes and I can tell. That's all. Just my opinion.

But I get your point -- nobody is truly fresh this time of year (except Bynum). At least our bench is somewhat rested. And Trevor is an energizer bunny. They look better than off the road trip. But that 4 days between the Jazz and ....the Jazz will be nice.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby ThizGuy83 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:15 pm

birdman looks like a joke...
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Postby ThizGuy83 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:18 pm

damn just having odom coming off the bench...is already making the bench look better...
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Previous

Return to Lakers Game Tonight