Tue. 1/12 Lakers @ Spurs - Predictions & Comments

Re: Tue. 1/12 Lakers @ Spurs - Predictions & Comments

Postby BadCoaching on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:58 pm

spitty wrote:Every team is showing up against us and playing like game 7, hot every single night. How do we respond? Meh

Well we had problems in the playoffs last year. Houston took us all the way.. was a nail biter. Something is off this season and it's not just Pau's injuries and Kobe's finger. There's an attitude and consistency issue worse than ever.

Before we lose a good record it needs to be figured out. Home court is everything in the post season/finals.
BadCoaching

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:00 pm

Well as long as Pau comes back Friday, maybe Kobe can get some rest and heal a little, because we can't risk anything right now. I rather sacrifice a few regular season games than have even more banged up guys heading into the playoffs.
Jazzygirl205

Postby kray28 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:00 pm

People need to stop being hung up on the record, or us being #1 in someone's power poll, or Kobe winning MVP. It's actually amazing that we've held on for so long with all of our injury issues. Other top teams are going through similar struggles right now, a lot of them injury related.

Let the team get healthy, and if we lose ground, we'll have to fight back to recover...this team at full strength can definitely do it.
kray28

Postby shoe on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:01 pm

Who the eff did the recap on yahoo.com ?

"Kobe Bryant(notes) had another off game, scoring 16 points" and no mention of the injury

If lebron gets injured, ESPN spends an hour talking about it
shoe

Postby jbum on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:01 pm

what's frustrating is that i watch basketball for basketball... not just a ring at the very end.
it's hard to watch this team and appreciate their display of ball when they do so many things wrong and the discipline and effort isn't there.
"We've got to be one of the worst "best" teams in league history"

"Good teams stop the other team... not just outscore them. Just look at the Warriors of past and Phoenix. Score, score, score... but we all know the ending there."
jbum

Postby Heavier Than Heaven on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:01 pm

THAT was Sean Elliott?

Oh boy.
BUCK FOSTON

Thanks to Mookie for Avy!
Heavier Than Heaven

Postby trodgers on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:02 pm

kray28 wrote:Seriously, do either of our announcers refer to Frenchie as "Mr. Longoria"? Get some fscking class.

Elliott SAID he does. I find it hard to believe. Even if he does, they might be friends. Saying it to someone you don't know is a complete douche move.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby kray28 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:02 pm

Well we had problems in the playoffs last year. Houston took us all the way.. was a nail biter.

You mean that Game 7 where we blew them out by 20+?

Yeah whatever. That was a ref manufactured series extension....the ref treatment in Houston from Game 4 on was hilarious.
kray28

Postby abeer3 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:03 pm

lol, this game just doesn't concern me. it reminds me a little of that spurs game last year where they played their best game of the season and barely scraped by the lakers. their announcers were going nuts over this performance, and it's by far the best game i've seen them play all year. if that's all they've got, they better pray kobe and pau are still hurt in may.
abeer3

Postby jbum on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:04 pm

kray28 wrote:
Well we had problems in the playoffs last year. Houston took us all the way.. was a nail biter.

Yeah whatever. That was a ref manufactured series extension....the ref treatment in Houston from Game 4 on was hilarious.

one game makes not a series. it was a close series by any measure.
"We've got to be one of the worst "best" teams in league history"

"Good teams stop the other team... not just outscore them. Just look at the Warriors of past and Phoenix. Score, score, score... but we all know the ending there."
jbum

Postby sodunited on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:04 pm

let's see where this team wakes up on the morning of Feb. 2nd. At that point we can start to freak out or not.
Kings 16-30 free throws game 7.......AT HOME..lol
sodunited

Postby kray28 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:05 pm

Heavier Than Heaven wrote:THAT was Sean Elliott?

Oh boy.

Heinsohn and Rice are jealous after that performance.

I'm sick of paying my hard earned jack to listen to these retarded opposing announcers....I want Laker announcers or no announcers at all? I missed them last season because every Spurs game was on National TV. NBATV decided to play the Sperm feed....fscking horrible.
kray28

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:06 pm

shoe wrote:Who the eff did the recap on yahoo.com ?

"Kobe Bryant(notes) had another off game, scoring 16 points" and no mention of the injury

I knew they were gonna type something like that. I bet they were slobbering at the mouth. Damn the fact that he was injured and left the game let's just tell people from the mountain tops how he only had 16 points, the Lakers lose and we see that as a off game.
Jazzygirl205

Postby kray28 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:09 pm

jbum wrote:
kray28 wrote:

one game makes not a series. it was a close series by any measure.

It wasn't "one game" genius, watch Game 4 and Game 6, and compare with Games 5 and 7. Lakers issued massive punkdowns on the Rockets when they weren't allowed to hack away inside.
kray28

Postby kray28 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:11 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:
shoe wrote:Who the eff did the recap on yahoo.com ?

I knew they were gonna type something like that. I bet they were slobbering at the mouth. Damn the fact that he was injured and left the game let's just tell people from the mountain tops how he only had 16 points, the Lakers lose and we see that as a off game.

Who cares what the media thinks, screw them....what matters is that he's okay. I'm not so sure about that. I think Kobe might actually miss a game for real tomorrow.
kray28

Postby dj vitus on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:11 pm

If these games don't really matter, then we should keep Pau out a long as we need to. And as much as Kobe likes to play, I would prefer that he play healed instead of injured.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby DaMachine on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:56 pm

The Lakers just arent that good, people need to quit making excuses...tired of seeing them get punked against good teams like the Nuggets, Cavs, Spurs, and Portland. Theyre basically feasting on the bad teams and benefitting from having the most home-heavy schedule in the NBA. The 29-9 record is fool's gold, every real competition the Lakers have gone up against they have faltered.

Sadly I dont see this team repeating.
DaMachine

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday