Tue. 12/20 vs. Mavs - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Tue. 12/20 vs. Mavs - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:44 am

Lakers vs. Mavs
Tuesday, Dec. 20
7:30pm
TV: FSN, NBALP
Radio : XTRA 570/ESPN 1330
Recap | Box Score | Photos

Lakers - 112
Mavs - 90

Lakers, Kobe Dust Mavs
The Lakers, led by a career-high 62 points from Kobe Bryant, overwhelmed Dallas offensively, winning 112-90 on Tuesday. Bryant outscored the Mavericks 62-61 through three quarters, setting a new season high for all players this year. After setting a franchise record by notching 30 points in the third quarter, Kobe sat out the fourth, finishing with the sixth-highest point total in Laker history.

Image

Post all your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby KB24 on Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:45 am

We have been horrible in Staples all year. I have no explaining for this.
:naughty1: :scurred:
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55544
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby Lateralus on Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:54 am

The fact that it's the Mavs means the Lakers have a shot at winning this, however it's a home game so the chances of a win are slim. Wow, isn't that a damn shame, playing on your home floor actually is a problem.
User avatar
Lateralus

 
Posts: 1788
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 9:12 pm

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:00 am

It's odd.

We needed a loss to wake us up in a sense. The last two games have been ugly in terms of shooting mediocre - at least.

We're playing "right," but not "well."

Let's pounce on the Mavs and play better at home!
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby MarkMadsen on Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:26 am

Id be more confident if we were playing on the road. :man6:

I dont think well win. Like the Lakers, Mavericks seem to play pretty good ont he road. Mavericks are gonna want some big payback after we stole one on their floor. Were coming off a terrible loss so the momentum on our side is gone. We havent proved were good at defending our home floor yet. We barely beat Washington at home. Lost by a short handed Rocket team. Id be very susprised if we win another one against the Mavs.
Image
User avatar
MarkMadsen

 
Posts: 7461
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Minnesota

Postby Lakerfan36 on Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:26 am

The lakers (odom) played bad defensively against the rockets. I think this time the lakers will come out sharp. Get an early comfortable lead. Blow the big lead. comeback to get really close and win it. :jam2:
Image
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
User avatar
Lakerfan36

 
Posts: 5736
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:12 pm
Location: Glendale

Postby kobe4ever on Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:07 am

im going to this game ! :jam2:
Lakers record (2005~2008) when im at the staple center :
when i drink sprite : 12-3
when i drink coke : 2-6
User avatar
kobe4ever

 
Posts: 1576
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:46 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:38 am

We must win this, but Mavs will want to prove that they're better, cuz we beat em in their own court.
It will tough.
User avatar
The Kobe Era 2K5

 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:49 am

Postby KB24 on Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:55 am

On the road I would have said we win but in Staples I don´t see it. What was the last time we convinced at home?
We lost to
Clippers
Phoenix
NJ
Chicago
Houston
Timberwolves

IMO all 6 were extrememly winnable. Its absolutely inexcusable to lose all these games.
We were EXTREMEMLY lucky against Charlotte
We got a very ugly win against Washington.
A great win against Denver
A win against Seattle were we struggled and somehow Kobe got hot in the last 18 minutes
A win against Knicks that wasn´t convincing either.

To sum it up we suck at home and I don´t know why.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55544
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby nameant on Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:07 am

must win. we gotta win this and win in orlando to build SOME momentum for x-mas day. kobe will go off. at least, i expect kobe to go off. come on scrubs...show up and give kobe some help. he's playing the way he should be. his teammates just gotta give him some help.
User avatar
nameant

 
Posts: 25329
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:30 pm

Postby KB24 on Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:14 am

BTW Josh Howard is back and is in great condition. Kobe won´t have an easy game.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55544
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby nameant on Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:41 am

KB8@CL wrote:BTW Josh Howard is back and is in great condition. Kobe won´t have an easy game.


Josh Howard. HA. If Kobe came to this board, this is what he'd post in response: " :lol: " Kobe always has good games against the Mavs. Howard or no Howard. Lakers need Mihm and Odom to STEP UP. We know Kobe will be Kobe.
User avatar
nameant

 
Posts: 25329
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:30 pm

Postby bumrusherer on Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:50 am

i dont think its a ''must win '' game. But i do think it is important to put forward a good 48 minute performance.

Mavs are a fantastic ball club, but i feel that we match up pretty well against them.

I'm confident that we'll get the win.
bumrusherer

 
Posts: 9864
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:26 am
Location: Neverland

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:19 am

As am I bumr', I am confident we will get the win because something Phil is known for is after dissapointing or unapproved losses, his teams seemingly come out very strong for the next game and make you forget about the previous loss it seems.

It'll be interesting to see how this team regroups. Granted that maybe for the first time all season, the Lakers were the clear fav's with Yao out. Everything is a lesson people!
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby trodgers on Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:53 pm

This is a game LA should win. LA has done remarkably well against Dallas in the no-Shaq year plus, even when Kobe was out last year. The LA crowd will be fired up for vengeance and so should the Lakers be.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46250
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Postby MarkMadsen on Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:54 pm

one motivating factor is this our last game till we head off to the holiday road trip. So they better come off with a win if they wanna feel good on the road. :man11:
Image
User avatar
MarkMadsen

 
Posts: 7461
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Minnesota

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:39 pm

Lakerfan36 wrote:The lakers (odom) played bad defensively against the rockets. I think this time the lakers will come out sharp. Get an early comfortable lead. Blow the big lead. comeback to get really close and win it. :jam2:


Wow, your slanting of the truth is as transparent as your hatred for Odom. Holding another team to 76 points on 39% shooting (McGrady to 37% shooting) is going to win you most games, our supporting cast missing wide open shots all night is what costed us against Houston. I look for us to respond in this game against the Mavs suspect D.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
User avatar
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 13091
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:35 pm
Location: http://twitter.com/hosesway

Postby kobesthegreatest8 on Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:54 pm

No one should say we played bad defense last night because we held them to 76 points on 36% shooting. I think we wint his game, we match up well with them and I believe its an important game!
Image


Thanks to Showtime for the greatest sig! And thanks to magicmoment for the awesome Av!
User avatar
kobesthegreatest8

 
Posts: 2103
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:44 pm
Location: longmeadow,mass

Postby Lakerfan36 on Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:39 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
Lakerfan36 wrote:The lakers (odom) played bad defensively against the rockets. I think this time the lakers will come out sharp. Get an early comfortable lead. Blow the big lead. comeback to get really close and win it. :jam2:


Wow, your slanting of the truth is as transparent as your hatred for Odom. Holding another team to 76 points on 39% shooting (McGrady to 37% shooting) is going to win you most games, our supporting cast missing wide open shots all night is what costed us against Houston. I look for us to respond in this game against the Mavs suspect D.


Just because a team shoots 39% doesnt necessarily mean we played good defense. The rockets were just COLD. We played bad Defense. How many wide open 3s did Wesley and Head have. :mad1:
Image
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
User avatar
Lakerfan36

 
Posts: 5736
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:12 pm
Location: Glendale

Postby Camilo on Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:11 pm

KB8@CL wrote:We have been horrible in Staples all year. I have no explaining for this.
:naughty1: :scurred:


Da Raptors are having the same problem but they can't win in the road either so yeaa! I went to their game against the Lakers and the Lakes won :jam2:

But I think we are going to have the same result we did last time we faced Mavs with Kobe making a crazy 3 pointer to seal the win. :jam2:
User avatar
Camilo

 
Posts: 692
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:47 am
Location: London Ontario

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:30 pm

Lakerfan36 wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:
Lakerfan36 wrote:The lakers (odom) played bad defensively against the rockets. I think this time the lakers will come out sharp. Get an early comfortable lead. Blow the big lead. comeback to get really close and win it. :jam2:


Wow, your slanting of the truth is as transparent as your hatred for Odom. Holding another team to 76 points on 39% shooting (McGrady to 37% shooting) is going to win you most games, our supporting cast missing wide open shots all night is what costed us against Houston. I look for us to respond in this game against the Mavs suspect D.


Just because a team shoots 39% doesnt necessarily mean we played good defense. The rockets were just COLD. We played bad Defense. How many wide open 3s did Wesley and Head have. :mad1:


You just contradicted yourself. First you say the Rockets were cold, but then they were hitting shots? Look at the numbers from last year to this year, our defense is a world better and if you watch our defensive rotation it is a lot better, but I guess we've just been getting lucky and caught these last 3 teams on off-nights...sure :man12:
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
User avatar
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 13091
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:35 pm
Location: http://twitter.com/hosesway

Postby Lakerfan36 on Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:53 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
Lakerfan36 wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:
Lakerfan36 wrote:The lakers (odom) played bad defensively against the rockets. I think this time the lakers will come out sharp. Get an early comfortable lead. Blow the big lead. comeback to get really close and win it. :jam2:


Wow, your slanting of the truth is as transparent as your hatred for Odom. Holding another team to 76 points on 39% shooting (McGrady to 37% shooting) is going to win you most games, our supporting cast missing wide open shots all night is what costed us against Houston. I look for us to respond in this game against the Mavs suspect D.


Just because a team shoots 39% doesnt necessarily mean we played good defense. The rockets were just COLD. We played bad Defense. How many wide open 3s did Wesley and Head have. :mad1:


You just contradicted yourself. First you say the Rockets were cold, but then they were hitting shots? Look at the numbers from last year to this year, our defense is a world better and if you watch our defensive rotation it is a lot better, but I guess we've just been getting lucky and caught these last 3 teams on off-nights...sure :man12:


Other then Wesley and Head. The rockets were Cold. The lakers played bad defense. Specifically the 3rd quarter. There showing the game again on FSN. Im watching it right now and our Defense was pathetic.
Image
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
User avatar
Lakerfan36

 
Posts: 5736
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:12 pm
Location: Glendale

Postby hZm on Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:42 am

Just got 2 tickets for the game. :jam2:
User avatar
hZm

 
Posts: 8879
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:14 pm
Location: Tarzana, California

Postby SOAD on Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:44 am

hZm wrote:Just got 2 tickets for the game. :jam2:


How much?
SIXTEEN
User avatar
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin
 
Posts: 14516
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:12 am

Postby hZm on Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:56 am

SOAD wrote:
hZm wrote:Just got 2 tickets for the game. :jam2:


How much?


$40

Section 301... center court.
User avatar
hZm

 
Posts: 8879
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:14 pm
Location: Tarzana, California

Next

Return to Lakers Gameday

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.