Tue. 10/28 vs. Mavs - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby BDG on Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:40 pm

We MIGHT not have Kobe remember: http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4724

And is Devean George playing tomorrow? If so he'll guard them along with Luke Walton. It's a bargain deal basically.

This game will be interesting and could tell us where our season will go from here on out.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby rydjorker121 on Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:06 pm

108-88

Mavs win

Hopeless....
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:16 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:108-88

Mavs win

Hopeless....

dude we wont lose by 20 but we will lose, the point margin will be under 7 points tho...

i jus dont think any of our bench players can match up to Jamison, who WILL be the 6th man for the Mavs this year(which i think is RIDICULOUS since he'd be starting for ANY OTHER TEAM in the league), and who is to say that Nowitzki will torch us once again? do u think tha mailman will cause nowitzki discomfort? Whats gonna happen if the diesel has to guard either nowitzki or walker?(assuming tha mavs have nowitzki walker jamison nash and finley on tha floor) Talk about match up problems, the lakers obviously have mismatch problems but so do tha mavs...should be interesting how tha lakers play tommorow, considering we havent seen shaq malone and payton play a FULL game yet....
FabFourLakers

>???

Postby G-Slinger on Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:20 am

What is all this pessimism, this is the home of the best Laker fans in the world and you all are saying they will lose, and even by 20!! It disguists me, and im very very surprised. I think the Lakers will win, and the team will come together. The media is making a huge deal out of nothing (as usual)
Kobe Bryant is better then Michael Jordan.

-John Salley

I Love the Lakers
G-Slinger

Postby strikemode14 on Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:18 am

Shaq and malone are going to have field days...I shaq have about 40 and malone about 30 points in this one...i see walker with an injury and george to go off and get about 20 points and 10 rebs.. and rush have about 8...plus fish might have about 15 points and 3 assts. payton good 20 points....okay maybe i went too far with the points but, everyone will play well
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby G-Lakers on Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:32 am

I wanna see the Lakers use Malone as well as Shaq on the low post. His is one the best passing forwards in the league and drawing opponents to him. That'll free up Fisher, GP, and George for the open shots.
G-Lakers

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:02 am

FabFourLakers wrote:dude im tellin u

we're gonna LOSE tommorow

I think so too... :disagree:
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:05 am

FabFourLakers wrote:dude im tellin u

we're gonna LOSE tommorow

I think so too... :disagree:
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby rav3801 on Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:05 am

:bow: Lakers Win 101 - 93! :bow:

With or without Kobe, Lakers should beat the Mavs because they can't play defense! That and, Antoine Walker is probably going to throw up a bunch of bricks. I'm guessing the X-Factor will actually be Shaq. Since he's upset (at Kobe), he'll probably play like a madman and make Danny Fortson cry :man6: to prove it's his team. That will probably force the Mavs to double team him, and give the Lakers reliable shooters, Malone and Payton, lots of opportunites to beat them from the outside.

By the way, what's up with the string of "Mavs wins" in the previous couple of posts? :boxing1:
rav3801

The Game Tonight

Postby 21YoungLakersFan on Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:32 am

The lakers may lose tonight because their defense hasn't reached is potential yet. But they may go ahead and win tonight and the lakers really need more time to gel together before they start beating the best teams. But if Kobe doesn't play they have a better chance to win tonight because his knee isn't at full strength. Once he's at full strength I expect them to really be better and they also need Rck Fox back.
"The Lakers are always the team to beat if Kobe and Shaq are on the same page."
21YoungLakersFan

Re: The Game Tonight

Postby G-Lakers on Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:19 am

21YoungLakersFan wrote:The lakers may lose tonight because their defense hasn't reached is potential yet. But they may go ahead and win tonight and the lakers really need more time to gel together before they start beating the best teams. But if Kobe doesn't play they have a better chance to win tonight because his knee isn't at full strength. Once he's at full strength I expect them to really be better and they also need Rck Fox back.

Neither are Mavs have reach thier potential. So it's really up to one of them w/ chemistry will come out w/ a win.
G-Lakers

Postby TheChamps on Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:55 am

Today we begin to find out that it is Dallas, not the La Lakers, who have the most talent roster/starting 5.

Mavs 122 Lakers 99
Championship-Quality Posting
TheChamps

Postby G-Lakers on Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:04 pm

TheChamps wrote:Today we begin to find out that it is Dallas, not the La Lakers, who have the most talent roster/starting 5.

Mavs 122 Lakers 99

Pretty sure that's not going to turn out.
BTW, wasn't that the final score when the Queens beat up on the Mavs LOL!
G-Lakers

Postby Dragan on Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:52 pm

I dont think many of you realise how good the Mavericks are. Thay have 5 All Star players in Nash, Finley, Nowitcki, Walker and Jamison along with number of good role players as Fortson, Delk, Best or Nahara. Besides, thay are happy bunch of guys, willing to do whatever it takes to win, unlike the Lakers apear to be, fighting over who`s team it is or who came off the off season phisicly unprepeard.

Dont be suprised if thay shock the Lakers. This is the right time for Shaq to reastablish him self as the most dominant force in the game by scoring 50 or so points.
Dragan

Postby mazter_roshi on Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:11 pm

Let me see let me see, the streak is 25 correct? 25 straight home wins for Lakers against Mav's? If the Mavs can blow a 27 point lead going into the fourth with the Lakers last year the Lakers can pull a win out this year. We won our first pre-season game with a breeze WITHOUT Kobe. I just wish Kobe can heal and this b.s between him and Shaq is over like Payton said it is when he was on Craig Kilborn 10/27......

Lakers 112 Mavs 105
mazter_roshi

Postby BDG on Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:40 pm

They just said on TNT that Kobe won't play... FOR SURE.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:44 pm

It's ok, look for Payton to become more aggresive offensivly as well as George and Fisher.

Also is Medvedenko playing? It will also help us if he is.

Payton just said the feud is over and he said they had a team meeting and he said, "it's all over"
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Roscoe on Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:45 pm

I don't have that much interest in watchin the game. I dunno why

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby BDG on Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:49 pm

Roscoe I think its cuz Kobe isn't playing.

Breaking News:

Payton just said on a TNT interview that Shaq and Kobe just needed to air it out and they've stopped fighting now.

LD2K I dont think Slava is playing. He's got a sore heel and they'll let it rest I think.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Roscoe on Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:50 pm

Oh looks like the interest came back, I'll be watchin the game if you need me...

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:50 pm

Thanks BDG, and as you mentioned, Gary Payton commented on the team's meeting earlier today and he said:

- Everyone got issues off their back
- Everyone "let it all out"
- It's over now, everything has been said and resolved

Awesome news. :jam2:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:58 pm

THEY TOOK MY LAKERS RELOADED THEME FOR THE OPENING VIDEO! Did yall see that?

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:58 pm

I was just bout to say the same damn thing! :man10:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby mazter_roshi on Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:00 pm

:man13: :man13: :man13: :man13: :man13: :man13:

I LOVE THIS GAME!! OH wait, I LOVE L.A !! I Love the Lakers!! Damn it its my birthday and I get to watch my favorite team of all time play, and for real!!!

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

LAKKKKKKERRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSS BABBBYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

WE MORE THAN LOVE IT :man9:
mazter_roshi

Postby BDG on Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:00 pm

Wow, I almost feel flattered... I didn't think it would get that big... I should have copyrighted it :man10: j/k

BDG
Retired Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight